- Congresswoman proposes naming post office for fallen soldier Updated: May-22-15 3:52 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana congresswoman has proposed naming a post office in Elkhart after an Army soldier killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan in 2013.
- Newspaper seeks ruling to allow appeal of reporter subpoena Updated: May-20-15 3:00 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana newspaper fighting to keep one of its reporters off the witness stand in a murder trial has asked a court to allow it to file an appeal over a subpoena before a final judgment is issued in the case.
- Elkhart council votes to buy 80 body cameras for police Updated: May-19-15 5:32 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana city is set to buy body cameras for use by police officers.
- County to outsource autopsies after pathologist leaves Updated: May-17-15 4:07 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana county has started outsourcing autopsies after the area's only forensic pathologist resigned, and its coroner says the move is the best long-term solution even though it will cost more.
- Elkhart program teaches life, job skills to troubled men Updated: May-10-15 1:28 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - Tracy Heath's experience with Men Alive began with his release from prison.
- No charges in death of 3-year-old northern Indiana boy Updated: May-06-15 10:19 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana prosecutor said he doesn't plan to file charges against the parents of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in November because of the tremendous loss they already suffered.
- Elkhart to look at adding gay, transgender protections Updated: May-05-15 8:07 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A proposed ordinance change in Elkhart would add protections against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Mother of slain officer finds solace in quilt project Updated: May-04-15 10:43 am
ELKHART, Indiana - On Sept. 20, 2013, Sheri Bradway had to start a journey no one wants to take.
- People taking dollars hung on trees urged to pay it forward Updated: May-03-15 4:23 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A northern Indiana charity paper clipped 200 $1 bills to two trees in Elkhart with notes attached asking people who took the money to pay it forward with an act of kindness toward someone else.