- Elkhart mayor asks city council to withdraw LGBT ordinance Updated: Jul-28-15 12:50 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - Elkhart's mayor wants City Council members to withdraw his proposed ordinance seeking anti-discrimination protections for gays, lesbians and others after it sparked strong local opposition, but he's not completely giving up on the issue.
- Indiana girl, 12, arrested in stepmother's fatal stabbing Updated: Jul-25-15 5:54 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A 12-year-old Elkhart girl fatally stabbed her stepmother after the woman confronted her about starting a fire in the family's apartment following an argument, police said.
- 2 teens sentenced for shooting death of Elkhart man, 18 Updated: Jul-17-15 7:37 am
ELKHART, Indiana - Two teens have been given prison sentences of more than 50 years after being found guilty of murder in the shooting death of an 18-year-old Elkhart man.
- Conservative leader urges defeat of gay protection proposals Updated: Jul-15-15 3:34 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A prominent conservative lobbyist is working to defeat proposals in two northern Indiana cities for anti-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Former basketball standout now has passion for ministry Updated: Jul-12-15 1:48 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - It was 2012, and Shanna Zolman's meteoric rise in the basketball world had come crashing back to earth.
- Authorities: Elkhart man died after fireworks accident Updated: Jul-06-15 7:11 am
ELKHART, Indiana - Authorities in northern Indiana say an Elkhart man has died after a fireworks accident.
- Indiana man files grievance over theater's disabled parking Updated: Jul-04-15 5:37 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A man unhappy with the placement of parking spots for the disabled outside an Elkhart theater has filed an Americans with Disabilities Act grievance against the city.
- Sex offenders sue, cite Indiana's religious objections law Updated: Jul-02-15 6:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawsuit filed on behalf of two registered sex offenders cites Indiana's new religious objections law in arguing they've been wrongly prohibited from worshipping at churches that have schools on the same property.