- On trek to Everest, a chance to push boundaries, find peace Updated: Apr-27-16 7:53 am
EVEREST BASE CAMP, Nepal - We reach Everest Base Camp on a sunny but chilly afternoon, after an eight-day trek that stretched our physical and mental limits.
- Nepal begins reconstruction of quake-damaged heritage sites Updated: Apr-25-16 5:04 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's prime minister announced on Monday the start of reconstruction of key heritage sites in and around the capital that were damaged by an earthquake that killed nearly 9,000 people and devastated the country one year ago.
- Nepal has done little to protect itself from next 'big one' Updated: Apr-25-16 2:00 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Last year's massive earthquake in Nepal killed nearly 9,000 people, yet could have been much deadlier. It was spared not by disaster preparedness, but by the calendar.
- Girls scarred by Nepal quake share friendship, but not luck Updated: Apr-22-16 11:04 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nirmala pouts when her father fits the prosthetic leg onto her stump and wraps the long straps around her waist. He whispers quiet encouragement in her ear as she grumbles. Finally, she limps around the Kathmandu sweatshop that is now her home.
- Virtually no gov't rebuilding 1 year after Nepal quake Updated: Apr-21-16 9:47 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The violence of the 7.8-magnitude earthquake left countless towns and villages across central Nepal in shambles. Almost one year later, in shambles they remain.
- Bus veers off mountain road in Nepal, killing 22 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:50 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - At least 22 people were killed Tuesday when a bus slipped off a mountain gravel road in eastern Nepal and rolled down a hill, police said.