- Nepal police fire on ethnic protesters blocking road; 2 dead Updated: Nov-22-15 1:40 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Police in southern Nepal opened fire on ethnic protesters blocking the nation's main highway, killing two in fresh violence that threatened to escalate political tensions, officials said Sunday.
- Nepal facing medicine shortages due to fuel crisis, blockade Updated: Nov-19-15 7:51 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Shortages of life-saving medicine because of political protests in Nepal that have blocked key roads could lead to a crisis, as hospitals have started to cut services, doctors said Thursday.
- Finnish rock band, sign-language rapper perform near Everest Updated: Nov-16-15 6:46 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Finnish rock band Ancara and sign-language rapper Signmark performed in the foothills of Mount Everest over the weekend to raise funds for a music school for children with hearing disabilities.
- Arrested Nepal football players released on bail Updated: Nov-10-15 10:04 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal captain Sagar Thapa and four other players were released on bail on Tuesday after they were charged with treason following a match-fixing probe which could see them jailed for life.
- Fuel shortage forces Nepal domestic flights to be canceled Updated: Nov-09-15 4:22 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Airlines in Nepal have been forced to cancel more than half of their domestic flights because of an ongoing fuel shortage, an official said Monday.
- 30 killed, 35 injured in Nepal bus accident Updated: Nov-03-15 6:11 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A bus packed with passengers riding both inside and on its roof veered off a mountain road in northwest Nepal on Tuesday, killing 30 people and injuring 35 others, officials said.