- Police: Officer shoots, injures man in Baltimore Updated: Jul-28-15 2:52 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police say an officer shot a suspect in the face during a traffic stop after the man used his vehicle to pin the officer against a patrol car.
- Braves lose to Orioles 2-1 in 11 innings Updated: Jul-28-15 12:29 am
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves wasted an outstanding pitching performance by Alex Wood and put a damper on a special night for Nick Markakis.
- Wieters' 11th-inning HR gives Orioles 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 11:48 pm
BALTIMORE - Playing at home for the first time since the All-Star break, the Baltimore Orioles honored a part of their past and pulled out a victory they hope will influence their immediate future.
- Former letter carrier convicted of delivering marijuana Updated: Jul-27-15 9:49 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - A former letter carrier has been convicted of delivering packages of marijuana from a post office to the home of a conspirator.
- Documents related to unrest after Gray death released Updated: Jul-27-15 9:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore officials have released thousands of pages of documents related to unrest following Freddie Gray's death.
- Couple pleads guilty to fraudulently getting $30M from US Updated: Jul-27-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - A Keymar couple prosecutors say used $30 million fraudulently obtained from the federal government to finance a lavish lifestyle has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Former Oriole Markakis returns to Baltimore with Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Sitting in the visiting dugout at Camden Yards, Nick Markakis felt at home and a bit out of place at the same time.
- Man charged in stabbings, including 1 fatal, at church camp Updated: Jul-27-15 5:57 pm
URBANA, Maryland - An apparently homeless Virginia man fatally stabbed a South Korean missionary and seriously wounded his wife at a Maryland church retreat center, authorities said Monday.
- Police: Man shot, gravely hurt near site of Baltimore unrest Updated: Jul-27-15 3:10 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say an 18-year-old man has been shot in the chest near the epicenter of April unrest in west Baltimore.
- Police: Mother, 26, charged with fracturing infant's skull Updated: Jul-27-15 9:40 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A 26-year-old woman has been charged after police say she fractured the skull of her 3-month-old son with a baby bottle.
- High costs plague some state-run health insurance markets Updated: Jul-27-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - State-run health insurance markets that offer coverage under President Barack Obama's health law are struggling with high costs and disappointing enrollment. These challenges could lead more of them to turn over operations to the federal government or join forces with other states.
- Sheriff: Man killed, wife hurt in Maryland church stabbing Updated: Jul-27-15 2:10 am
URBANA, Maryland - Authorities say a Virginia man has been taken into custody after a stabbing at a Frederick County church that left one man dead and his wife injured.
- Police ID 2 women killed when boat hits bridge abutment Updated: Jul-26-15 5:08 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Police have identified two women who died after a 37-foot boat collided with a concrete abutment that protects the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore.
- Woman hurt when truck crashes through apartment door in Md. Updated: Jul-26-15 4:43 pm
ELKRIDGE, Maryland - Police say an unlicensed driver crashed a pickup truck through the sliding glass door of an apartment in Elkridge, injuring a woman inside.
- Man charged with leaving infant in hot car in Frederick Updated: Jul-26-15 3:57 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick police say a man has been arrested for leaving an infant locked inside a hot car for at least 20 minutes.
- Body of 1 missing swimmer recovered in Md. Updated: Jul-26-15 12:49 pm
LUSBY, Maryland - Authorities have recovered the body of a swimmer who went missing near Cove Point Light Station in Lusby.
- Md. inmate stabbed, burned with 'bleach-type liquid' Updated: Jul-26-15 12:08 pm
JESSUP, Maryland - Maryland correctional officials say an inmate was stabbed and burned with a "bleach-type liquid" at a medium-security state prison.
- Prison program saves pets, brings 'calming effect' Updated: Jul-26-15 9:04 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Since a prison pet program began last July at the Maryland Correctional Training Center south of Hagerstown, 43 dogs and 16 cats have been rescued, officials said on July 21.
- 2 killed, 5 wounded in overnight shootings across Baltimore Updated: Jul-25-15 6:53 pm
BALTIMORE - Two people have been killed and at least five were injured in shootings across Baltimore.
- Rescuers recover body of missing boater in Maryland Updated: Jul-25-15 6:07 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Investigators located the body of a boater who was missing after an accident in the Wicomico River near Salisbury.
- Fishermen say camera requirement invades privacy Updated: Jul-25-15 9:05 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - When the longline on the Sea Born is engaged, which is most of the time when it's out in the Atlantic, two video cameras record everything on the deck and side of the boat.
- Pedestrian dies after being hit in Suitland, Maryland Updated: Jul-24-15 6:42 pm
SUITLAND, Maryland - Prince George's County Police say a northern Virginia man who was struck by a car in Suitland, Maryland, last week has died.
- 2 top Baltimore police officials leave city department Updated: Jul-24-15 12:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Two officials have left the Baltimore Police Department, including one who oversaw its bureau of "Professional Standards and Accountability."
- Official: Arrival of bird flu in Maryland expected this fall Updated: Jul-24-15 12:32 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's top agricultural official expects the bird flu outbreak that has ravaged poultry flocks across much of the country to arrive in the state this fall.
- Baltimore police: Gun found in holding cell Updated: Jul-24-15 12:10 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore say they are investigating after a gun was found in a prisoner holding cell.