- Steelers continue defensive overhaul in NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 12:45 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers defense didn't need to just get better. It needed to get more versatile to keep up with a rapidly changing league.
- Mistakes cost White Sox in 6-3 loss to Orioles Updated: Apr-29-16 11:08 pm
BALTIMORE - For the second straight game, mistakes proved to be costly for the Chicago White Sox.
- Ravens make 2 trades, get 2 pass rushers on Day 2 of draft Updated: Apr-29-16 10:59 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - The Baltimore Ravens addressed their deficient pass rush and garnered a couple extra picks during a busy night at the NFL draft.
- Jaguars trade up to draft UCLA standout Jack in 2nd round Updated: Apr-29-16 10:28 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars got "three good looks" at Myles Jack's injured right knee and were satisfied with the results.
- Reimold's homer lifts Orioles past White Sox 6-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
- Md. governor, health officials, outline Zika prevention Updated: Apr-29-16 6:36 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan and state health officials on Friday outlined a variety of measures the state is taking to monitor and prevent the Zika virus in Maryland, where there have been 12 cases reported.
- Mitchell Courthouse will remain closed through next week Updated: Apr-29-16 6:23 pm
BALTIMORE - The Mitchell Courthouse in Baltimore, closed since Tuesday after a smoky fire in the basement, will remain shut through next week.
- Police still trying to identify suspect in man's slaying Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Baltimore County Police are asking for the public's help in the search for suspects in a homicide.
- TV pundit who claimed CIA ties pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 5:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former cable news pundit Wayne Simmons admits he's a fraud. And he admits he's a felon. But despite all evidence to the contrary, he remains adamant that he was a CIA man.
- Maryland governor says he still won't support Trump Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Friday that he still won't support Donald Trump's campaign for the White House, despite the Republican's sweeping victory in the state's primary this week when he won all of the state's 38 delegates.
- Report: Heart condition didn't cause man's death in custody Updated: Apr-29-16 5:07 pm
BALTIMORE - A man who died after a struggle with Baltimore police officers in 2013 died because he couldn't breathe, and not because of a heart condition as the department's independent review board concluded, according to a new forensic review of his autopsy.
- Woman who survived lightning strike feels lucky to be alive Updated: Apr-29-16 4:34 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The lightning bolt followed an explosive thunderclap, striking with such force that it cracked the stone observation tower where Appalachian Trail hikers Mollyann Hart and her sister Lauren Bognovitz had taken shelter and blasted them outside into the torrential rain.
- Man gets probation in death of UM student he punched Updated: Apr-29-16 4:01 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A former University of Maryland student has been sentenced to probation after another student died 20 months after he punched him.
- USDA offers urban farmers an online toolkit Updated: Apr-29-16 2:33 pm
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Agriculture Department is offering urban farmers some help in growing and marketing their produce.
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Emmitsburg doctor accused of intoxication surrenders license Updated: Apr-29-16 12:26 pm
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - An Emmitsburg doctor accused of being intoxicated on the job has surrendered her license to practice medicine.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- White Sox place closer Robertson on bereavement list Updated: Apr-28-16 6:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Chicago White Sox closer David Robertson will miss at least three games after being placed on the bereavement list before Thursday's series opener at Baltimore because of the death of his father-in-law.
- Official: Boy with BB gun faced police before being shot Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
BALTIMORE - A 13-year-old who was shot by Baltimore police had turned toward the officers with a replica gun still in his hand when one officer fired two rounds, striking the teen in the shoulder and leg, Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Thursday.
- Correction: La Plata Slaying story Updated: Apr-28-16 4:42 pm
LA PLATA, Maryland - In a story April 24 about a man charged in the fatal stabbing of his father-in-law, The Associated Press reported erroneously that sheriff's office said John Yates forced his daughter at knife point into a car. The sheriff's office said Deangelo Hemsley, the man charged with fatally stabbing Yates, forced his daughter into a car after the stabbing.
- Officials: Black students behind hanging stick figure, slur Updated: Apr-28-16 3:15 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Officials at a Maryland university say black students are behind a drawing of a hanging stick figure with a racial slur found on a library whiteboard.
- The Latest: Baltimore police identify officer who shot teen Updated: Apr-28-16 3:02 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the shooting by Baltimore police of a 13-year-old by carrying a fake gun (all times local):
- Verso agrees to $10,000 fine in Potomac River latex spill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:51 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Department of the Environment says Verso Corp. will pay a $10,000 settlement for two chemical spills that tainted the Potomac River last fall.
- Cal Ripken Jr. divorce ends 29-year marriage Updated: Apr-28-16 1:38 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - Hall of Fame infielder Cal Ripken Jr. and Kelly Ripken are divorced after being married nearly 30 years, and aren't saying why.