- Boy critical after alleged beating for eating cake unbidden Updated: Jul-02-15 3:40 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hagerstown police say a 9-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was handcuffed ant beaten for eating a piece of birthday cake without permission.
- Maryland governor out of hospital after 1st round of chemo Updated: Jul-02-15 2:03 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is out of the hospital and back at work after his first round of chemotherapy for an aggressive form of cancer.
- Police say man kidnapped 16-year-old girl in western Md. Updated: Jul-02-15 11:50 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Cumberland police say they've issued an arrest warrant for a 36-year-old man suspected of kidnapping a 16-year-old girl.
- Authorities recover body of missing Silver Spring boater Updated: Jul-02-15 9:13 am
STEVENSVILLE, Maryland - Maryland authorities say the body of a missing Silver Spring boater has been found.
- Jets help decorated veteran get smart home Updated: Jul-02-15 12:22 am
Wounded veteran Sgt. Adam Keys on Wednesday received the keys to a customized high-tech smart home in Annapolis, Maryland designed to ensure his independence.
- Rangers continue HR streak in 4-2 loss to Orioles Updated: Jul-01-15 11:05 pm
- Orioles hit 2 HRs to back Chen in 4-2 victory over Rangers Updated: Jul-01-15 10:36 pm
BALTIMORE - Wei-Yin Chen did just about everything right except put an end to the Texas Rangers' long-ball barrage.
- Man gets 15 years for extorting explicit photos from girls Updated: Jul-01-15 8:55 pm
BALTIMORE - A Rockville man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for enticing underage girls to send him sexually explicit photos of themselves and threatening to post them online when they wanted to stop.
- Police arrest man accused of setting fire to CVS in riots Updated: Jul-01-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police have arrested a man authorities say set fire to a CVS pharmacy during the height of the riots that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.
- Orioles designate OF Delmon Young for assignment Updated: Jul-01-15 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Delmon Young was designated for assignment Wednesday by the Baltimore Orioles, who needed the roster spot to fortify their thin bullpen.
- Maryland farmer testifies at trial, denies abusing livestock Updated: Jul-01-15 6:11 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Maryland farmer charged with 20 counts of animal cruelty testified Wednesday that he treated his cattle, goats and sheep better than authorities did when they seized the livestock he allegedly neglected.
- Former Baltimore mayor Dixon seeks to regain office Updated: Jul-01-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon, who resigned in 2010 amid a scandal over embezzled gift cards, will seek to regain the office next year as the city struggles with the aftermath of riots following a death in police custody.
- Annapolis could reap $260K annually with Energy Park lease Updated: Jul-01-15 4:35 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A plan has been introduced to build a large solar energy facility on a closed Annapolis landfill, and by doing so put the city near the forefront of the green-energy movement.
- Coast Guard identifies victims in deadly racing boat crash Updated: Jul-01-15 8:32 am
GRASONVILLE, Maryland - The U.S. Coast Guard has identified the victims of a boat crash that left one child dead and three adults seriously injured.
- Police: Bethesda man charged with sex abuse of 2 minors Updated: Jul-01-15 7:42 am
TAKOMA PARK, Maryland - Authorities say a Bethesda man has been arrested on charges of sexually abusing a young neighbor and a child who was in his care when he worked as a live-in nanny.
- Storms down trees, power lines in mid-Atlantic region Updated: Jul-01-15 7:06 am
WASHINGTON - Severe storms brought down trees and power lines throughout the mid-Atlantic region, affecting some roads and rail service.
- Minimum wage is going up a quarter in Maryland Updated: Jul-01-15 3:20 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's minimum wage is going up a quarter.
- Maryland tolls going down, but gas tax going up Updated: Jul-01-15 2:22 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland tolls are going down, but the gas tax is going up.
- Orioles' 3 HRs not enough in 8-6 loss to Rangers Updated: Jun-30-15 11:26 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles got two home runs from Chris Davis, another from Manny Machado and had six players get hits.
- Baltimore police report 14 shot in city since Sunday night Updated: Jun-30-15 8:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore report that 14 people have been shot in the city since Sunday night.
- 3 indicted in brutal rape, killing of Baltimore teen Updated: Jun-30-15 6:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Three men have been indicted in the brutal sexual assault and slaying of a teenage girl whose body was discovered inside a Baltimore home that had been intentionally set on fire.
- 2 correctional officers convicted of assaults on inmates Updated: Jun-30-15 6:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore City prosecutors say two correctional officers have been convicted of assaulting inmates.
- Josh Hamilton activated from DL by Rangers, Gallo to minors Updated: Jun-30-15 5:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Josh Hamilton is back on the Texas Rangers' 25-man roster, eager to jump-start a season that has been marred by injury.
- Authorities: Boy found in park swing died of cold, thirst Updated: Jun-30-15 5:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A mother placed her living toddler in a swing at a Maryland park one morning and he remained there until he was found dead of cold and thirst two days later when someone spotted the mother pushing her lifeless child in the swing, authorities said Tuesday.
- Trove of evidence turned over in case of Freddie Gray death Updated: Jun-30-15 3:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Prosecutors have turned over a massive trove of medical records, emails and other evidence to attorneys representing six officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, the first public glimpse of the threads the state is using to weave together its case.