- Bee A Magician in 5th spot at $1 million International Trot Updated: Oct-06-15 4:24 pm
NEW YORK - The Canadian mare Bee A Magician drew the fifth post position and became the 3-1 morning line favorite Tuesday in the $1 million International Trot.
- Runaway NY oil tanker tips, spills 100 gallons; no injuries Updated: Oct-05-15 1:17 pm
YONKERS, New York - A fire official says a runaway oil tanker truck has crashed into the side of an apartment building, tipped on its side and spilled 100 gallons of oil in suburban New York.
- Police: Motorcyclist thrown off bike, down embankment Updated: Oct-05-15 10:15 am
CORTLANDT, New York - New York state police say a motorcyclist was thrown off his bike and hurtled about 100 feet down a steep embankment after striking a car.
- Earle says Southern voice key to protest song Updated: Sep-29-15 11:18 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - Singer Steve Earle believes it was important to have a Southern voice on his new protest song urging Mississippi to change its state flag to remove the Confederate battle emblem.
- Authorities seize $30M worth of heroin in Bronx, Yonkers Updated: Sep-29-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - Authorities have seized $30 million worth of heroin in a drug bust in the Bronx and Yonkers.
- White Plains firefighter sentenced following fatal crash Updated: Sep-25-15 12:00 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A White Plains city firefighter has been sentenced to up to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to vehicular homicide and other charges.
- No start date for White Plains' red light camera program Updated: Sep-23-15 5:25 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Officials in White Plains say the city doesn't have a start date for its new red light camera program or an estimate on its cost.
- Police: NY correction officer accused of assaulting inmate Updated: Sep-22-15 9:05 pm
OSSINING, New York - A New York State correction officer has been arrested on charges he hit an inmate during an unprovoked attack at Sing Sing prison in Ossining.
- Ex-NYC cop pleads guilty to randomly firing 14 shots at car Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former New York Police Department officer pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges he randomly fired 14 shots into another car after downing 10 alcoholic beverages while off-duty.
- 4 NY localities get federal grants for police body cameras Updated: Sep-22-15 6:30 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The city of Rochester has been awarded a $600,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Justice to purchase body cameras for its police department.
- Judge approves sale of A&P stores to Acme, Stop & Shop Updated: Sep-22-15 5:20 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Officials say a bankruptcy court judge in White Plains approved the sale of 95 A&P stores to Acme Markets and Stop & Shop Supermarket for $370 million.
- Oakland pitching prospect still critical after NY shooting Updated: Sep-19-15 3:39 pm
NEW YORK - An Oakland Athletics minor leaguer is fighting for his life after he was shot in a fast-food parking lot in New York.
- Suburban NY narcotics detective gets jail for perjury Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former Yonkers narcotics detective has been sentenced to eight weekends in jail after lying to get a search warrant for a raid in which a man died.
- Widow of man killed in Metro-North crash files suit Updated: Sep-17-15 6:44 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The widow of a suburban New York man killed in a Metro-North train crash has filed lawsuit against the railroad and others.
- New York woman charged in Easter drug death of daughter, 6 Updated: Sep-16-15 6:55 pm
CROTON-ON-HUDSON, New York - A former nurse was charged Wednesday with criminally negligent homicide after an investigation determined her 6-year-old daughter died on Easter from a drug mixture that included antidepressants and pain medication.
- Police investigating SUV shooting in New Rochelle Updated: Sep-16-15 4:57 am
NEW ROCHELLE, New York - Police say two men were hospitalized following a shooting in suburban New York City involving two sports utility vehicles.
- Judge: Arrest for cursing on ticket is a rights violation Updated: Sep-15-15 7:49 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A village named Liberty must stand trial for arresting a man who wrote curse words on a speeding ticket and a prosecutor is liable for violating his First Amendment rights, a judge has decided.
- Ex-FBI agent gets 5 years in prison in bribery scheme Updated: Sep-14-15 6:24 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A retired FBI agent has been sentenced in New York to five years in prison nearly six months after receiving a 10-year prison sentence in a Utah prosecution.
- Fire Official: Arson fire guts Yonkers apartment Updated: Sep-14-15 7:48 am
YONKERS, New York - The Yonkers fire department says an arson fire has destroyed an apartment in a two-story building.