- Nearly 3 dozen intend to sue Metro-North over deadly crash Updated: May-06-15 7:25 am
VALHALLA, New York - Metro-North Railroad has heard from nearly three dozen potential plaintiffs who intend to sue over a deadly train collision that killed six people.
- Welch Allyn continues acquisitions, buys scale maker Updated: May-06-15 6:37 am
SKANEATELES, New York - Welch Allyn continues to adjust to the rapid changes occurring in health care.
- Toll work brings overnight southbound Thruway lane closures Updated: May-05-15 11:46 am
NYACK, New York - Weekday overnight lane closures have gone into effect on the southbound New York State Thruway near Nyack.
- Touching, funny, messages in obits getting wide audience Updated: May-03-15 12:16 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Take a friend fishing. Don't vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton. Buy a lottery ticket. And keep Mom away from my ashes.
- 17-year-old Frances Tiafoe earns French Open wild-card berth Updated: May-02-15 12:24 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Frances Tiafoe, a 17-year-old from Maryland, has earned his first main-draw Grand Slam tournament berth by clinching a French Open wild-card entry through the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Authorities: 2 charged in $280,000 bogus school bus scheme Updated: May-01-15 6:11 am
YONKERS, New York - Authorities say a former Yonkers school district supervisor and a school bus company owner face charges in a scheme involving $280,000 in bogus transportation bills.
- Guilty plea in drug case that resulted in 3 deaths Updated: Apr-28-15 8:43 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Prosecutors say a New York man has pleaded guilty to distributing a potent form of heroin in the Hudson Valley that resulted in three people dying.
- NY highest court hearing cases in White Plains Updated: Apr-28-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court is hearing arguments this week on the campus of Pace Law School in White Plains.
- White Plains to buy 50 police body cameras Updated: Apr-27-15 5:58 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The White Plains police department hopes to have all of its uniformed officers equipped with body cameras by the fall.
- Big floating crane goes to work on new NY bridge over Hudson Updated: Apr-24-15 3:11 pm
TARRYTOWN, New York - The Left Coast Lifter has begun pulling its weight.
- 2 ex-officers plead guilty to lying to get a search warrant Updated: Apr-24-15 6:19 am
YONKERS, New York - Two former Yonkers police officers have pleaded guilty to lying to get a search warrant for a raid in which a tenant fell out a window and died.
- Police: Yonkers teen wounded, friend charged after gun play Updated: Apr-23-15 6:34 am
YONKERS, New York - A 17-year-old girl wound up in the hospital and her friend was arrested after a gun they apparently were playing with discharged inside a Yonkers apartment.
- Westchester to open development office in Manhattan Updated: Apr-22-15 7:07 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Westchester County is opening an economic development office in Manhattan and is targeting companies that are thinking about leaving New York City.
- Barge shifts during storms, gets stuck under bridge Updated: Apr-22-15 7:05 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - A barge lodged itself under the Tappan Zee Bridge but didn't damage the 60-year-old crossing or the nearby bridge under construction.
- Lawsuit blames restaurant for fatal crash Updated: Apr-21-15 5:53 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A man has filed a lawsuit against a White Plains restaurant, claiming an off-duty firefighter got drunk there before causing the wrong-way crash that killed his ex-wife.
- Parking lot honker: Grumpy goose takes over high school lot Updated: Apr-20-15 11:31 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - There's a lot of honking going on at a suburban New York high school parking lot, and it's not coming from the drivers.
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Yonkers Updated: Apr-20-15 6:11 am
YONKERS, New York - Police are looking for the driver who fled the scene after striking and killing a 37-year-old woman crossing the street in Yonkers.
- NY environmental officials announce conservation grants Updated: Apr-19-15 7:04 am
OSSINING, New York - New York environmental officials will announce several conservation grants in conjunction with Earth Day observances this week.
- Female officeholders to talk about women in NY politics Updated: Apr-18-15 11:11 am
YONKERS, New York - Women serving in state and local government are set to talk about encouraging more female candidates in New York.
- Police: Truck struck overpass on Hutchinson River Parkway Updated: Apr-17-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say traffic is moving again on the Hutchinson River Parkway after a tractor-trailer struck an overpass in Westchester County.
- Police: 10,000 bags of heroin found concealed in car Updated: Apr-16-15 7:37 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - Police say a routine traffic stop in New York's Westchester County netted 10,000 bags of heroin inside the vehicle.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty in fatal NY DWI crash Updated: Apr-15-15 3:34 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A Connecticut man has pleaded guilty in connection with a New York highway crash that claimed a life.
- Private operator proposed for county-owned NY amusement park Updated: Apr-14-15 4:19 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A private company would take over operation of Playland, Westchester County's landmark amusement park under a proposed deal that would stanch millions of dollars in taxpayer losses, the county executive said Tuesday.
- Crews on scene of Yonkers water main break Updated: Apr-13-15 6:56 am
YONKERS, New York - Crews are at the scene of a large water main break in Yonkers.
- 'Lincoln never dies' - finding his resonance 150 years later Updated: Apr-11-15 12:20 pm
WASHINGTON - In the reading room overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue, Karen Needles mostly works alone - but always in good company.