- Sheriff's Dept.: Woman dead being stranded on I-25, struck Updated: Feb-10-16 9:30 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a woman got hit by a vehicle and is dead after she argued with her boyfriend and was stranded on Interstate 25 south of Albuquerque.
- Santa Fe archbishop to host Albuquerque forum on immigration Updated: Feb-10-16 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Santa Fe Archbishop John Wester is planning to host a forum around the subject of immigration.
- Authorities' pursuit of Amber Alert suspect ends with crash Updated: Feb-09-16 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who police say took his 2-year-old daughter from her mother at gunpoint fled north to Colorado on Tuesday before his vehicle hit troopers' spike strips, rolled over and ejected both him and the toddler, authorities said.
- Route 66 in Albuquerque is site of fight over rapid transit Updated: Feb-09-16 3:16 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to build a system of express buses and canopy-covered stations along historic Route 66 in Albuquerque is drawing opposition from shop owners.
- The Latest: Colorado troopers chased Amber Alert suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Obama budget includes money for Albuquerque transit project Updated: Feb-09-16 1:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - President Barack Obama's proposed federal budget includes support for funding for a major mass transit project in Albuquerque.
- Police: 4 die in roll-over crash in central New Mexico Updated: Feb-09-16 6:45 am
LEMITAR, New Mexico - Authorities say four people are dead including a young mother and her toddler after their vehicle was involved in a roll-over crash in central New Mexico.
- UFC champ Holly Holm too busy to see New Mexico Legislature Updated: Feb-09-16 5:06 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - UFC bantamweight champion Holly Holm just can't find time to visit the New Mexico Legislature for a possible memorial in her honor.
- Compensation in 2015 for New Mexico lawmakers Updated: Feb-08-16 7:27 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Here is a list of the compensation received by New Mexico legislators in 2015, according to Department of Finance and Administration records. Lawmakers receive payments for daily expenses, mileage and travel to out-of-state legislative conferences. They are not paid an annual salary.
- Police: Speed, alcohol were crash factors; 3 people killed Updated: Feb-08-16 12:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say alcohol and speed were factors in a single-vehicle accident that left a car's driver and two passengers dead and two others injured.
- Women face abuse charges after girl, 3, found in cold water Updated: Feb-07-16 12:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two Albuquerque women face child abuse charges after authorities say a 3-year-old girl suffering from hypothermia was found face down in a tub of cold water.
- Committee suggests domestic violence gun law for New Mexico Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico lawmakers' push this year to crack down on violent crime doesn't include legislation that would strengthen laws to keep firearms from domestic abusers - despite recommendations from a state review team and a trend that has seen other states take such action.
- Altercation leads to shooting; 1 dead Updated: Feb-06-16 3:15 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police are looking for a woman and a white car they believe were involved in a homicide on Friday.
- The Latest: New Mexico REAL ID compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico lawmakers' REAL ID debate (all times local):
- Man gets maximum sentence for beating deaths of transients Updated: Feb-05-16 6:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A judge sentenced a young man convicted of beating two homeless men to death with cinder blocks and other objects to the maximum term of 67 ½ years in prison Friday after hearing tearful pleas for tough punishment from the victims' relatives.
- The Latest: Man gets maximum for transients' beating deaths Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on the sentencing of a man convicted of beating two homeless men to death (all times local):
- New Mexico Senate passes version of a 'Kendra's law' Updated: Feb-05-16 5:00 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A year after a similar bill died amid partisan bickering, the New Mexico Senate passed a proposal Friday that would require some state residents with severe mental illness to receive court-ordered outpatient treatment.
- Family blames deputies for death of great-grandfather Updated: Feb-05-16 4:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico family says excessive force on the part of sheriff deputies is to blame for the death of an 88-year-old great-grandfather who was distraught, wandering his neighborhood shirtless and wearing only one shoe following the death of his wife.
- Officials: Burglar takes chocolate from New Mexico school Updated: Feb-05-16 2:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a thief broke into an Albuquerque elementary school and stole more than a dozen boxes of Student Council chocolate.
- Albuquerque police: Vehicle goes airborne; 3 die in crash Updated: Feb-05-16 9:34 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say a speeding car failed to stop at a T intersection, went over a ditch and landed on a golf course, killing three of the five people inside.
- Study finds confusion in Albuquerque police lapel cam policy Updated: Feb-04-16 1:45 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - University of New Mexico researchers say the Albuquerque Police Department's lapel camera policy is confusing and hard to enforce.
- Holly Holm's trainer has one of his champ belts stolen Updated: Feb-03-16 6:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nationally known MMA trainer and former world champion kickboxer Mike Winkeljohn says he wishes he could have confronted the burglars who broke into his shed and took one of his championship belts.
- Authorities identify Albquerque suspect shot by officers Updated: Feb-03-16 3:51 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say two sheriff's deputies and one police officer fired multiple shots at a suspect accused of shooting and wounding another man in Albuquerque, carjacking two vehicles as he attempted to escape law enforcement and firing at officers.
- Mobile dentistry targets elderly patients Updated: Feb-03-16 3:50 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dental professionals are hitting the road in vans as part of an Albuquerque health care program that treats hundreds of elderly in their homes and at assisted living centers.
- New Mexico Senate panel OKs measure for teacher raises Updated: Feb-03-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico teachers and some administrators at various levels would see minimum salaries increase under a pared-down proposal that cleared a Senate committee Wednesday despite objections about the push being an unfunded mandate.