- Carly Fiorina to headline New Mexico GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 5:03 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former technology executive and GOP presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina is headlining a fundraiser for the Republican Party of New Mexico.
- Albuquerque officials briefed on scathing Taser audit Updated: May-04-15 10:47 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque City Councilors briefed on a recent scathing state audit that uncovered a cozy relationship involving a former police chief and Taser International expressed varied opinions on the review Monday.
- Albuquerque maintenance man accused in sexual assault case Updated: May-04-15 5:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque maintenance man has been accused of sexual assaulting a 75-year-old woman he was working for two months ago.
- Man dies after being shot by Bernalillo County deputy Updated: May-04-15 10:10 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Bernalillo County Sheriff's deputy is on paid administrative leave following a south valley shooting that left one man dead.
- Albuquerque police seek fugitive sexual assault suspect Updated: May-03-15 11:47 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say they have issued a warrant for a man accused of raping and beating a 75-year-old woman.
- Suspect shot dead by victim in Albuquerque home invasion Updated: May-02-15 6:56 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - One of three suspects in an Albuquerque home invasion has died after he and a victim exchanged gunfire.
- Albuquerque police retention program criticized in audit Updated: May-02-15 2:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An audit has found that Albuquerque's urgency in rolling out a new police officer retention program led to numerous mistakes.
- Albuquerque woman accused of running over man 3 times found Updated: May-02-15 12:01 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A woman suspected of running over a man three times at an Albuquerque apartment complex in February has been arrested.
- Car with owner's dog goes missing in Albuquerque Updated: May-02-15 11:44 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Police in Albuquerque are searching for a man and woman who allegedly drove off in a stolen car with the owner's service dog inside.
- New Mexico considers standby permit for uranium mine Updated: May-01-15 7:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Rio Grande Resources' underground mine in western New Mexico contains one of the largest stashes of uranium ore in the U.S., but it's idle and hasn't produced anything in years.
- Albuquerque school official: Woman had BB gun outside school Updated: May-01-15 7:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Police in Albuquerque say they've arrested a woman who was standing in front of a school with a rifle, which a school district official later said turned out to be a BB gun.
- Albuquerque officials want rules tightened after Taser audit Updated: May-01-15 5:34 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two Albuquerque city councilors say procurement and employment policies need to be tightened in the wake of a scathing audit that uncovered a cozy relationship involving a former police chief and Taser International.
- In shift, Taser vows to wait to contract with former chiefs Updated: May-01-15 1:04 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Abandoning a practice that has faced criticism, Taser International will no longer hire police chiefs with whom it has business relationships within weeks or months after they leave public service.
- Man arrested for breaking into 81 storage units Updated: May-01-15 11:22 am
ALBUQUEQUE, New Mexico - A 29-year-old Albuquerque man was arrested for a breaking into 81 storage units during a two-week period in April.
- Audit: Officer retention program rushed, poorly executed Updated: Apr-30-15 12:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A review by internal auditors suggests the Albuquerque Police Department's officer retention program wasn't well executed.
- Albuquerque police seek robbers who stole over 68,000 pills Updated: Apr-30-15 10:46 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal officials and Albuquerque police are looking for three robbers who target pharmacies and have stolen more than 68,000 oxycodone pills on their spree.
- New Mexico agencies get funds for veteran housing Updated: Apr-30-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Public housing agencies in New Mexico will share more than $300,000 for programs aimed at helping homeless veterans.
- Shake-up hits Albuquerque police records department Updated: Apr-30-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An internal investigation has prompted a shake-up within the public records unit of the embattled Albuquerque Police Department.
- 6 people indicted in pharmacy robberies in Albuquerque Updated: Apr-29-15 4:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Six people have been indicted for allegedly robbing pharmacies in Albuquerque to illegally obtain Oxycodone and other prescription drugs.
- Correction: American Indians-Stereotypes story Updated: Apr-29-15 2:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In an Associated Press story April 24 about American Indian stereotypes, the AP erroneously reported comments by Elise Marubbio, an American Indian Studies professor at Augsburg College, about the portrayal of Lakota Indians. She said that other Great Plains tribes, such as the Comanche, but not the Lakota, were portrayed as living in Monument Valley.
- Police: Boston Marathon winner's purse stolen during parade Updated: Apr-29-15 12:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico resident Caroline Rotich may have won the 2015 Boston Marathon elite women's division and the hearts of Santa Fe citizens.
- Jon Jones stripped of UFC title, suspended after arrest Updated: Apr-28-15 11:59 pm
Jon Jones has been stripped of his UFC light heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely following his arrest in New Mexico on a hit-and-run that police say left a pregnant woman with a broken arm.
- Retiring Santa Fe archbishop says archdiocese a better place Updated: Apr-28-15 3:29 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - More than two decades after taking over in the wake of sexual abuse scandals, retiring Santa Fe Archbishop Michael Sheehan said he believes he's leaving the archdiocese a better place and that there's more accountability in addressing allegations of abuse.
- County tax increase to cost national lab $2 million annually Updated: Apr-28-15 9:29 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A national lab in Albuquerque will have to pay about $2 million annually under a Bernalillo County tax hike taking effect this summer.
- 12-acre parcel added to Rio Grande Valley State Park Updated: Apr-28-15 9:10 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque-area state park has grown by 12 acres.