- 46-year-old man pulled from water off Fort Taber has died Updated: May-25-15 11:23 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Officials say a 46-year-old New Bedford man pulled from the water off Fort Taber has died after his inflatable raft overturned.
- Coast Guard assisting boat taking on water off Nantucket Updated: May-23-15 1:09 pm
BOSTON - The Coast Guard is assisting a fishing boat that started filling with water off Nantucket.
- Lawyer: Ex-NFLer Aaron Hernandez, now in prison, low on cash Updated: May-22-15 2:27 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Former NFL player and convicted killer Aaron Hernandez is running out of money after hiring a platoon of lawyers for all his criminal cases, his attorney said.
- Massachusetts veterinary clinic funds police dog equipment Updated: May-22-15 7:32 am
FAIRHAVEN, Massachusetts - Clients of a suburban New Bedford veterinary clinic have donated nearly $1,000 to help fund equipment for a local police dog.
- Judge: Convicted killer Aaron Hernandez can't sell Hummer Updated: May-21-15 6:28 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A judge has extended a restraining order barring former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez, who was recently convicted of murder, from selling his 2005 Hummer and keeping the money.
- New Bedford family files wrongful death suit against police Updated: May-19-15 8:05 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The family of a 15-year-old boy fatally shot by officers in 2012 has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the New Bedford Police Department and the city.
- Opponents weigh recount request after casino question passes Updated: May-13-15 1:05 pm
BOSTON - Anti-casino activists said Wednesday they may request a recount after Brockton voters narrowly approved a $650 million resort casino proposed for the Brockton Fairgrounds.
- City councilor wants New Bedford to discuss PawSox pitch Updated: May-11-15 8:31 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The new owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox say they want to move the team to Providence. But officials in New Bedford are interested in becoming the next home of the Boston Red Sox Triple-A affiliate.