- Developers: Financing secured for $650M New Bedford casino Updated: May-04-15 7:07 pm
BOSTON - Developers proposing a $650 million Foxwoods resort casino on the New Bedford waterfront said Monday that they've secured financing and brought on a former Foxwoods CEO as partner.
- Attorney seeks special prosecutor in manslaughter case Updated: Apr-24-15 8:20 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A lawyer for a teenager charged with manslaughter for allegedly encouraging a friend to kill himself has told a judge that the entire Bristol district attorney's office should be disqualified from prosecuting the case because the victim is related to the district attorney.
- EPA changes plan for New Bedford harbor cleanup Updated: Apr-24-15 5:17 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The Environmental Protection Agency is changing its plans to dispose of contaminated sediment from New Bedford's harbor cleanup along the shoreline.
- $650 million casino proposal put to referendum Updated: Apr-24-15 5:13 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - New Bedford City Council has voted to order a referendum on a $650 million casino, hotel and conference center development proposed for the city's waterfront.
- Actor Ben Powers, known for 'Good Times' TV role, dies at 64 Updated: Apr-19-15 3:35 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Actor Alton "Ben" Powers, known for his role in the 1970s CBS television series "Good Times," has died at age 64.
- Cancer diagnosis prompts sisters to have preventive surgery Updated: Apr-19-15 9:50 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Dulce Noonan's cancer diagnosis may have saved her sister's life.
- Dartmouth town official convicted of embezzling Updated: Apr-16-15 8:49 pm
BOSTON - A federal jury has convicted a Dartmouth selectman on conspiracy and embezzlement charges.
- Church linked to Robert's Rules is named national treasure Updated: Apr-11-15 2:02 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - The First Baptist Church in New Bedford, Massachusetts, known for a former member who developed Robert's Rules of Order, has been named a national treasure.