- Marshall ceramics event raises $17K for food pantry Updated: Apr-29-16 4:51 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University ceramics students have raised $17,000 for a food pantry.
- Selfie-taking inmate was trying to have a good time in jail Updated: Apr-28-16 10:32 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - West Virginia jail officials are investigating an inmate's use of a cellphone to take photos of himself and others inside a transport van and posting them online.
- Public comments on hospitals' merger overwhelmingly negative Updated: Apr-27-16 11:09 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - None of the 18 letters sent to the West Virginia Attorney General's office recently were in favor of a proposal to merge two Huntington hospitals.
- Sex trafficking panel planned at Marshall University Updated: Apr-27-16 5:24 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A panel discussion on sex trafficking in West Virginia is scheduled next week at Marshall University.
- While other states vote, Sanders to rally in West Virginia Updated: Apr-26-16 4:27 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - With primary elections taking place in other states, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is heading to West Virginia for a rally.
- Bernie Sanders to attend rally in Huntington on Tuesday Updated: Apr-24-16 1:13 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is planning a stop in Huntington this week.
- Huntington 'slow-food' cafe features locally sourced menu Updated: Apr-24-16 11:24 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - It was one of those moments that spoke volumes.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- Marshall professor's passion led him across country Updated: Apr-23-16 10:25 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Every April, hundreds of people flock to First Presbyterian Church to enjoy some soup, help the Facing Hunger Food Bank and take on the ever-challenging task of picking out the perfect bowl from more than a thousand unique options.
- Police: Man brutally beat his mother until dog jumped in Updated: Apr-21-16 5:55 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A Huntington man has been arrested after his mother says she was brutally beaten by her son until her dog intervened.
- West End Recycling and owner convicted of organized crime Updated: Apr-19-16 2:40 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A scrap metal business must dissolve and pay restitution after its owner was convicted of engaging in an organized criminal enterprise.
- West Va. hospitals sued over advertising agreement Updated: Apr-16-16 5:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against Charleston Area Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital, claiming the hospitals split their marketing territories and kept area residents from getting information about competing health care services.
- Marshall med students get taste of aging's afflictions Updated: Apr-16-16 11:45 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - One thing that Dr. Lynne Goebel, Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine professor and geriatrics specialist, said she hears a lot from her patients is old age is not the Golden Age.
- Comments taken on West Virginia proposed hospital takeover Updated: Apr-10-16 11:17 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - The public can comment on Cabell Huntington Hospital's proposed acquisition of St. Mary's Medical Center.
- Marshall professor chronicles baseball experience in book Updated: Apr-09-16 12:28 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Kat Williams was growing up in a working-class family in Louisville, Kentucky, she didn't always get it right. Her clothes weren't right. The character on her lunchbox wasn't right. And, struggling through school with undiagnosed dyslexia, her schoolwork certainly wasn't right.
- Fourth suspect accused of impersonating officer arrested Updated: Apr-07-16 7:53 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Authorities in West Virginia have arrested a fourth suspect accused of impersonating narcotics officers during a Kentucky burglary.
- Huntington apartment tenants return following weekend fires Updated: Apr-05-16 7:15 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - More than 100 residents of a Huntington apartment complex have returned after being displaced by fires.
- Barboursville food truck drives on after devastating fire Updated: Apr-03-16 11:10 am
BARBOURSVILLE, West Virginia - It was a windy day in late February and the smell of fresh brisket smoking in an outdoor meat smoker filled the air as Brian Fridley headed out to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.