- WWII veteran from Pa. recalls Honor Flight Updated: Apr-16-14 11:25 am
- Uncle: Slain nephew achieved dream, became a cop Updated: Apr-04-14 1:50 pm
- Man kills New York officer with his service weapon Updated: Mar-31-14 5:44 pm
- Authorities say 14 charged in Binghamton gang bust Updated: Mar-26-14 12:22 pm
- Protesters clog hall outside Cuomo's office Updated: Mar-20-14 5:24 pm
TOWANDA, Pennsylvania - World War II veteran Lynn Maynard, 92, of Gillett, said the recent Twin Tiers Honor Flight trip "was the greatest thing that's happened in a long time to me."
JOHNSON CITY, New York - After a stint as a volunteer firefighter, David W. Smith achieved his dream of becoming a law enforcement officer by joining the department in his upstate New York hometown. Hundreds of fellow officers and agents turned out for the funeral Friday of the 18-year officer, four days after he was killed on duty with his own gun.
JOHNSON CITY, New York - A police officer responding to a disturbance at an upstate New York business was killed with his own service weapon by a gunman who was then fatally shot by another officer Monday morning, authorities said.
ALBANY, New York - Federal authorities say they have charged 14 members and associates of the Bloods street gang called the "MacBallers" in a drug trafficking bust centered in Binghamton.
ALBANY, New York - A thick crowd of demonstrators chanting and cheering about education funding and other issues gathered outside Gov. Andrew Cuomo's offices in the state Capitol on Thursday, showing at least a temporary resurgence of Albany's Occupy movement and attracting state troopers who began trying to clear the hallway and arrested dozens.