- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- Polish biker says a Night Wolves member made it into country Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish biker said Thursday that at least one member of a nationalistic Russian motorcycle club appears to have entered Poland despite a ban, and visited the Auschwitz memorial site with two other Russians - one of whom briefly unfurled a Soviet flag.
- CAS denies Legia Warsaw plea for Champs League compensation Updated: Apr-30-15 4:51 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Legia Warsaw has lost its appeal for compensation from UEFA after being eliminated from the Champions League for fielding an ineligible player.
- Polish authorities say Russian reporter a danger to Poland Updated: Apr-29-15 2:25 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities accused a Russian journalist working for a pro-Kremlin news agency of posing a threat to Poland's security, saying Wednesday that he should lose his right to reside in Poland and the European Union.
- Former Polish foreign minister Bartoszewski dies at 93 Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, a former Auschwitz prisoner and member of Poland's underground World War II resistance who helped save Jews and later served twice as the country's foreign minister, died Friday in Warsaw. He was 93.
- Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal to Putin Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities said Friday they will not allow a nationalistic Russian motorcycle group loyal to President Vladimir Putin to enter Poland, but insisted the move is not political and was made in part because Polish authorities would not be able to guarantee their security.
- Poland protests Mattel game that refers to 'Nazi Poland' Updated: Apr-24-15 10:02 am
WARSAW, Poland - The Polish government has demanded that toy producer Mattel recall a party game and correct a card that refers to "Nazi Poland," officials said Friday.
- Russian car rally honors Soviet soldiers fallen in Poland Updated: Apr-22-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - About 50 members of the Russian "Road of Glory" car rally marking the Soviet victory over the Nazis 70 years ago honored Soviet soldiers on Wednesday who fell in combat in Warsaw in 1945.
- AP Interview: End economic migration, EU border chief says Updated: Apr-20-15 1:22 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Recent tragedies involving migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean show that Europe must do more to stop migration by people seeking to escape poverty, the head of the European Union's border agency said Monday.
- Exhibition honors Polish couple who saved Jews at Warsaw zoo Updated: Apr-11-15 3:35 pm
WARSAW, Poland - It was World War II, Warsaw was under German occupation, and the wife of the director of the Warsaw zoo spotted Nazis approaching the white stucco villa that she and her family inhabited on the zoo grounds.
- Poland marks 5th anniversary of presidential plane disaster Updated: Apr-10-15 10:19 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland is marking the fifth anniversary of the plane crash that killed President Lech Kaczynski and 95 members of his presidential entourage on a visit to Russia, the worst catastrophe to strike the Polish state since World War II and an event that deepened historical strains between the two Slavic neighbors.