- Sheriff-elect already on job at Alcorn County jail Updated: Nov-28-15 5:08 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff-elect Ben Caldwell is already working at the county jail. County supervisors appointed him jail administrator shortly after his Nov. 3 election, though he won't be sworn in as sheriff until January.
- Moody leads Mississippi to 67-54 win over Bradley Updated: Nov-28-15 4:19 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Stefan Moody scored 21 points and Sebastian Saiz added 18 points and nine rebounds to lead Mississippi to a 67-54 win over Bradley on Saturday.
- Ware leads Mississippi St over UT Martin 76-51 Updated: Nov-28-15 3:54 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Gavin Ware was a very good player for Mississippi State over his first three seasons.
- Jackson State overwhelms Savannah State 69-42 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Paris Collins scored 19 points with 7-for-14 shooting to lead Jackson State to a 69-42 win over Savannah State on Friday night.
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:57 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Nearly flawless post play led No. 8 Mississippi State to an easy 92-34 victory over Norfolk State on Friday night.
- Ole Miss to demolish site where Faulkner wrote landmark book Updated: Nov-27-15 3:31 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Late one night at the University of Mississippi power plant, William Faulkner turned over a wheelbarrow, used it as a makeshift table and began writing the classic novel "As I Lay Dying" - but where in the building did he do it?
- Police say man in Mississippi Waffle House kills employee Updated: Nov-27-15 2:00 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A customer pulled out a gun and shot and killed an employee at a Waffle House restaurant in Mississippi on Friday after she asked him not to smoke, police said.
- No. 19 Ole Miss, No. 23 Mississippi State set for Egg Bowl Updated: Nov-27-15 10:38 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - This year's Egg Bowl is a much-anticipated matchup between ranked teams with impressive offenses featuring solid quarterback play and talented receivers.
- McComb man faces multiple sex charges against 3 children Updated: Nov-27-15 4:29 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A McComb man is facing multiple charges in sexual crimes against three children under 10 years of age.
- Woman out on bond pending trial in son-in-law's death Updated: Nov-26-15 7:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A woman accused of burning her son-in-law's body has told a Columbus television station that she didn't kill him but did help cover up his death to protect her grandchildren.
- 'Cable guy' trademark suit against Giterdone gas station Updated: Nov-26-15 7:46 pm
DIAMONDHEAD, Mississippi - The company that owns trademark and merchandising rights for Larry the Cable Guy says the Giterdone convenience store in Diamondhead, Mississippi, is violating the trademark on the catchphrase Git-R-Done.
- Small Mississippi town opens doors to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 7:38 pm
LOUISE, Mississippi - Officials in Louise, a Mississippi town of 200, they'll take refugees from Syria, even though Gov. Phil Bryant has said he'll do "everything humanly possible" to keep such resettlements away from Mississippi.
- Mississippi man accused of attacking parents over fast food Updated: Nov-26-15 7:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Authorities say a man faces charges in Louisiana accusing him of killing his father and stabbing his mother because they ordered fast food and didn't get any for him.
- Miss Supreme Court OKs more student work for poor Updated: Nov-26-15 7:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Law students will be able to do more legal work for poor Mississippi residents under a rule recently approved by the state Supreme Court.
- Orphan told education out for girl started legacy of law Updated: Nov-26-15 4:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - She was an orphan by the age of 3 and passed around by family members for years from one house to another.
- Fred Rutherford is set to retire after nearly 40 years Updated: Nov-26-15 4:52 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - At 65, Fred Rutherford is ready to step away from the jeweler's bench where he's created and repaired countless pieces of fine jewelry over the years.
- Foamcraft to expands operations in Tupelo Updated: Nov-26-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Foamcraft, Inc., a manufacturer of polyurethane foam products, says it's expanding operations in Tupelo to accommodate an increase in consumer demand.
- Emery leads BYU past Mississippi Valley 75-68 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 pm
PROVO, Utah - Nick Emery had 18 points and seven assists and BYU held off Mississippi Valley State 75-68 Wednesday night.
- Moody, Gielo lead Mississippi over Georgia State 68-59 Updated: Nov-25-15 8:03 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Stefan Moody scored 21 points to lead Mississippi to a 68-59 victory over Georgia State on Wednesday night.
- Jackson County Civic Center getting facelift Updated: Nov-25-15 4:31 pm
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - The Jackson County Civic Center is in the middle of a $1.5 million facelift.
- Fitzgerald sees each of her students as a gift Updated: Nov-25-15 11:32 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg Intermediate School teacher LouAnn Fitzgerald had two driving forces that led to her 15-year career in education.
- Child actor breaks molds in ad that lit up the internet Updated: Nov-25-15 11:32 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Some say Taylor Gregory's part in a viral Barbie doll commercial is shattering gender roles, and believe he's become a face for LGBT members who recall catching flak for playing with dolls.
- Former coach sentenced for meth-in-tennis-balls conspiracy Updated: Nov-25-15 9:51 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has sentenced a 36-year-old man to serve more than 23 years in prison for his involvement in large-scale drug conspiracy.
- Federal judge grants trial delay in BP oil spill fraud case Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has agreed to delay until Feb. 1 the BP fraud case against San Antonio attorney Mikal Watts and six others.
- Catfish producer and processor expanding in Miss. Delta Updated: Nov-25-15 6:44 am
ISOLA, Mississippi - A catfish producer and processor is expanding its operation in the Mississippi Delta town of Isola.