- Man shot to death awaiting court appearance in Mississippi Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - A man got out of his pickup, walked up to the defendant in a drug-dealing case and fatally shot him in the chest, then set down his gun and surrendered as deputies confronted him outside a Mississippi courthouse Monday morning, law enforcement officials said.
- The Latest: Suspect only has traffic infractions on record Updated: Aug-03-15 6:12 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - The latest on a fatal shooting outside a Mississippi courthouse (all times local):
- Mississippi Dem and GOP primaries narrow list of candidates Updated: Aug-03-15 4:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Democratic and Republican primaries will narrow the list of candidates in a wide variety of races.
- Legal case involving Ole Miss' Tunsil, stepfather dismissed Updated: Aug-03-15 3:53 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A legal case involving Mississippi offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather has been dismissed.
- Miss health officials: 3rd West Nile virus case of 2015 Updated: Aug-03-15 2:14 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi State Department of Health says a Simpson County resident has the state's third confirmed case of West Nile virus this year.
- Auditor cleans candidate to run for Jackson Co. supervisor Updated: Aug-03-15 11:34 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Louie Miller, a candidate for Jackson County supervisor, has been cleared by the State Auditor's Office of allegations that cost him his job at the Sheriff's Department and also led him to secretly tape the interim sheriff, who then withdrew last year from the 2014 sheriff's race.
- Adams County judge expresses interest in work farm Updated: Aug-03-15 6:32 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - A judge has expressed his interest in seeing Adams County develop a work farm for those who have been convicted of crimes in local courts.
- Vo-tech center is highlight as DeSoto schools begin new year Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
HORN LAKE, Mississippi - The doors haven't even opened yet, but the DeSoto County school system's newest vocational-technology center is already a hit.
- Miss Laurel crowned 2015 Miss Hospitality Updated: Aug-03-15 6:08 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Laurel's Erin Morgan has been crowned Mississippi's new Miss Hospitality.
- Crowded field in Lamar County circuit clerk's race Updated: Aug-03-15 5:55 am
PURVIS, Mississippi - After longtime Lamar County Circuit Clerk Leslie Wilson announced he would not seek re-election, there was no shortage of candidates seeking the spot.
- Lamar County's Backstrom Park expected to open soon Updated: Aug-03-15 5:37 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Lamar County officials plan a Labor Day ribbon-cutting for the first county-owned park. But Supervisor Phillip Carlisle says Backstrom Park could open earlier than that.
- Biloxi Sports Hall of Fame adds 15 new members Updated: Aug-03-15 5:35 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Fifteen new members will be inducted into the Biloxi Sports Hall of Fame on Aug. 30 at the Biloxi Civic Center.
- Hundreds gather for funeral of black rebel flag supporter Updated: Aug-03-15 4:43 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Hundreds of people, many waving Confederate battle flags outside, gathered for the funeral of a black rebel flag supporter killed in an accident near Oxford.
- Corps of Engineers names civil works division chief Updated: Aug-03-15 4:37 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - A new programs director and chief has been named for the Civil Works Integration Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi Valley Division and the Mississippi River Commission.
- 2 current Oxford buses are showing their age Updated: Aug-03-15 4:07 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Oxford officials are sending City Shop Manager Bo Ragon to Phoenix to look at two double decker buses that are for sale.
- $467K grant: help low-income older adults get temporary jobs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A $467,700 grant will help at least 90 low-income, older adults get temporary part-time jobs
- Big training exercise through mid-August at Camp Shelby Updated: Aug-02-15 6:55 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - About 500 active-duty soldiers from Texas are training with a National Guard unit from north Mississippi at Camp Shelby, a 134,000-acre National Guard training center in Hattiesburg.
- Tupelo schools quadruple graduation rate for special ed Updated: Aug-02-15 6:22 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Public School District officials estimate that the graduation rate for special education students has quadrupled over the past two years. They estimate that about 58 percent of its seniors in special education programs graduated this year - up from 14.4 percent in the 2012-13 school year.
- GOP hopeful Ted Cruz to visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:41 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz will visit two north Mississippi cities this month.
- 2 Republicans, 2 Dems in primaries for Mississippi lt. gov Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A teacher who wants to dismantle the Common Core academic standards is trying to defeat Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in the Republican primary.
- 2 charged in Calhoun County death Updated: Aug-02-15 11:41 am
PITTSBORO, Mississippi - Two people have been arrested in the fatal shooting of a Calhoun County man.
- Court says jury should decide age discrimination case Updated: Aug-02-15 11:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal appeals court has reinstated a Tupelo teacher's age discrimination lawsuit against the local school district.
- Favre inducted into Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame Updated: Aug-01-15 7:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - For a guy who played football into his 40s and nearly had to be dragged off the field, Brett Favre certainly seems to be enjoying his post-NFL life.
- Mentally disabled man who kills mother may get inheritance Updated: Aug-01-15 2:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson County court has been ordered to determine in a hearing whether an Ocean Springs man found too mentally disabled to stand trial in the death of his mother may still collect his inheritance.
- East Union football player drowns in Tishomingo County Updated: Aug-01-15 1:29 pm
IUKA, Mississippi - A 17-year-old East Union High School student has drowned in Pickwick Lake in Tishomingo County in Northeast Mississippi.