- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies Updated: Mar-07-14 3:13 pm
- Lawmakers seek agreement on medical clinic grants Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 am
- Cochran: Corps adds $14M for Mississippi projects Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 am
- Jeremy Huguley sentenced to 40 years for murder Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 am
- Byrd's sentencing on state charges delayed Updated: Mar-07-14 6:17 am
- Man arrested for flashing badge Updated: Mar-07-14 6:10 am
- Southaven road projects moving forward Updated: Mar-07-14 5:58 am
- Bude man gets 20 years for 2013 killing Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 am
- Ocean Springs passes short-term rental law Updated: Mar-07-14 5:32 am
- Jackson woman pleads guilty in ID fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 am
- Man gets 20 years for 2013 slaying Updated: Mar-07-14 4:25 am
- Oktibbeha school deals with structural woes Updated: Mar-07-14 4:14 am
- Historic Natchez Tableaux Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Tanner sisters lead Auburn past Ole Miss, 70-54 Updated: Mar-06-14 10:41 pm
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M Updated: Mar-06-14 8:11 pm
- Leaders promote using carbon dioxide in oil output Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- City signs new fireworks contract Updated: Mar-06-14 4:53 pm
- Bonds, Lewis lead Florida past Mississippi State Updated: Mar-06-14 4:51 pm
- Warren, Hinds counties to honor 'Sugarman' Updated: Mar-06-14 4:31 pm
- Miss. Senate OKs version of criminal justice bill Updated: Mar-06-14 4:20 pm
- Woman's trial delayed in 2012 slaying Updated: Mar-06-14 4:13 pm
- DA plans to retry Thompson in Coahoma slaying case Updated: Mar-06-14 4:04 pm
- Former housing leader pleads guilty in bribe case Updated: Mar-06-14 10:05 am
- Blount dies in federal prison Updated: Mar-06-14 9:31 am
- Barksdale to retire from reading institute Updated: Mar-06-14 8:55 am
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - A 12-year-old junior high school student in Moss Point has died from injuries suffered in a fight.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House and Senate will attempt to work out their differences on a proposal to expand state subsidies to health clinics.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi is one of only four states receiving additional funds from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for dredging and flood control along its major tributaries, according to U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
BOONEVILLE, Mississippi - A 24-year-old man has been sentenced to 40-year in prison for a 2010 Prentiss County murder.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - The sentencing for former Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd on one state charge has been moved to avoid a conflict with his sentencing on one federal charge, according to court documents.
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Officials say a 65-year-old Natchez man has been arrested for reportedly flashing a badge and impersonating an officer after he rear-ended a driver in October.
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - Southaven approved $6.5 million in general obligation bonds last year to cover its share of the estimated costs for four road improvement projects that are scheduled to be done over the next four years.
LIBERTY, Mississippi - A 26-year-old Bude man has pleaded guilty in Amite County Circuit Court to manslaughter for the strangulation of a woman last summer.
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - Ocean Springs leaders have passed a short-term rental law.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States by stealing personal information that was used to file false tax returns.
LIBERTY, Mississippi - A Bude man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty in the death of a woman last summer.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Students at East Oktibbeha County High School in Crawford began using the cafeteria again on Tuesday after the school district paid Fair Construction of Starkville $15,100 for repairs.
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The Historic Natchez Tableaux, which has its origins in the first Pilgrimage events of the 1930s, will kick off at 8 p.m. Friday with a free show for residents and visitors.
DULUTH, Georgia - Tra'Cee Tanner scored 17 points, older sister Tyrese Tanner had 16 points and 12 rebounds, and Auburn pulled away late to beat Mississippi 70-54 in the second round of the Southeastern Conference tournament on Thursday night.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Mississippi's First Bancshares is expanding further into Alabama, announcing Thursday that it will buy BCB Holding Co. of Mobile, Alabama for about $6.6 million in cash and stock.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov, Phil Bryant and others are extolling Mississippi as a national leader in using carbon dioxide to extract more oil from old oil fields.
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - The city of Southaven expects to get more bang for its bucks with a new vendor for its annual July Fourth fireworks show.
DULUTH, Georgia - Jaterra Bonds scored 18 points, Kayla Lewis added 17 and Florida beat Mississippi State 71-67 in the second round of the Southeastern Conference tournament on Thursday.
EDWARDS, Mississippi - Warren and Hinds counties are going to designate local roads on both sides of the Big Black River after a man credited with saving lives after the 1939 Clear Creek bridge disaster.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Senate on Thursday advanced a bill that supporters say is designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
BAY SPRINGS, Mississippi - The trial of a Colorado woman in the shooting death of a Mississippi man has been rescheduled for the August term of Jasper County Circuit Court.
CLARKSDALE, Mississippi - Prosecutors say they will retry Dennis Thompson in the fatal shooting of Carlos Deon Buford in 2008.
OXFORD, Mississippi - The former director of a nonprofit housing agency has been sentenced to a year's probation and ordered to pay $89,400 in restitution.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi man convicted in the death of a Dutch cyclist has died in a federal prison hospital in North Carolina.
OXFORD, Mississippi - Claiborne Barksdale, who has led the Barksdale Reading Institute since its inception, will retire this summer.