- Cochran tops McDaniel in 2014 campaign fundraising Updated: Apr-15-14 7:35 pm
- Southern agrees to coal research with Chinese firm Updated: Apr-15-14 5:46 pm
- State probes complaint alleging misuse of inmates Updated: Apr-15-14 4:59 pm
- Davenport expects minor Mississippi flooding Updated: Apr-15-14 4:46 pm
- Chaney files motion to drop flood insurance suit Updated: Apr-15-14 4:35 pm
- Reward raised in Picayune death investigation Updated: Apr-15-14 4:20 pm
- New Highway 6 slated for mid-June opening Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 pm
- Correction: Benoit Schools story Updated: Apr-15-14 2:35 pm
- Storm topples RVs near Mississippi's Gulf coast Updated: Apr-15-14 1:14 pm
- Simpson County schools get $500K health grant Updated: Apr-15-14 1:01 pm
- Heavy rains in north-central, central south Miss. Updated: Apr-15-14 12:58 pm
- Meth conviction stands in Miss. case Updated: Apr-15-14 9:16 am
- Hap Owen dies at the age of 94 Updated: Apr-15-14 8:43 am
- Biloxi comfort station to open May 1 Updated: Apr-15-14 8:17 am
- Gulfport and Biloxi decide to end annexation wars Updated: Apr-15-14 8:14 am
- Doctor accused in pill ring wants separate trial Updated: Apr-15-14 8:08 am
- Olive Branch man killed; police seek suspect Updated: Apr-15-14 6:16 am
- Inmate now faces charge of spill fraud Updated: Apr-15-14 6:04 am
- Man shot at Gulfport apartment complex Updated: Apr-15-14 5:41 am
- Ex-worker charged with filing bad time records Updated: Apr-15-14 4:55 am
- Keesler plans more moves in metro Jackson market Updated: Apr-15-14 4:31 am
- Saltillo man pleads guilty to child pornography charges Updated: Apr-15-14 4:20 am
- New mayor's election in Drew Updated: Apr-15-14 4:10 am
- EMSH to break ground on $14M project Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records Updated: Apr-14-14 9:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi has raised more than three times as much campaign cash this year as Chris McDaniel, his challenger in the June 3 Republican primary.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southern Co. says it has signed a deal with a state-owned Chinese coal and energy company to work together to develop coal technologies, based in part on the coal gasification and carbon capture technology that Southern subsidiary Mississippi Power Co. is deploying at the $5 billion Kemper County power plant.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Corrections is investigating a complaint alleging the misuse of state inmate workers who reportedly set up a tent for a wedding at the Great Southern Golf Course.
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Heavy weekend rains are expected to swell the Mississippi River in Davenport to just above flood stage, but no serious problems are expected.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Insurance will drop a lawsuit filed in 2013 against the National Flood Insurance Program.
PICAYUNE, Mississippi - A reward for information in the 2013 fatal shooting of Kema Dione Keys has been raised to $5,000 by Picayune police and the Pearl River County Crime Stoppers.
TUPELO, Mississippi - An almost-finished ribbon of pavement to provide an uninterrupted four-lane link from U.S. Highway 45 in Tupelo to Interstate 55 in Batesville is projected to open in mid-June.
BENOIT, Mississippi - In an April 14 story about the Benoit school system, The Associated Press erroneously reported the former superintendent and three other ex-employees have been asked to repay $109,681 in allegedly misused grant money. The story was based on outdated information given to and reported by The Bolivar Commercial newspaper in Cleveland, Mississippi The state auditor's office said Tuesday all of those involved were exonerated of all allegations in 2008.
GAUTIER, Mississippi - A storm barreled through Mississippi Gulf Coast communities, leaving about a dozen damaged or destroyed RV trailers at one campground Tuesday amid downed trees and power lines.
MENDENHALL, Mississippi - The Simpson County school district is among 67 nationwide receiving grants to promote physical activity and nutrition programs.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Upward of five inches of rain fell overnight Tuesday in areas of north-central, central and south Mississippi, raising concerns of more moderate flooding along rivers and tributaries.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal appeals court has rejected arguments from a Mississippi man that his 20-year sentence for drug-trafficking was too harsh.
MADISON, Mississippi - A memorial service is scheduled Tuesday for Harry D. "Hap" Owen Sr., the former executive vice president of Ergon Inc. and one-time leader of Mississippi's economic development agency.
BILOXI, Mississippi - Biloxi's beachside comfort station is now scheduled to be completed May 1.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The cities of Biloxi and Gulfport have agreed they will not try to annex property within three miles of each other's boundaries through June 2017, when the terms of current officeholders end.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Georgia doctor charged with involvement in a prescription drug ring wants a separate trial from other defendants.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Police say a 26-year-old man was shot and killed outside a house in Olive Branch.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal authorities say a 40-year-old man has been indicted on fraud charges involving more than $47,000 he received in oil-spill recovery money.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Gulfport police are investigating a shooting that left a 21-year-old man dead.
PICAYUNE, Mississippi - A former employee with the city of Picayune has been arrested for lying on time records filed to so he would paid for work he didn't do.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Keesler Federal Credit Union, a $2.1 billion member institution, has acquired Mississippi Department of Transportation Federal Credit Union.
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A 19-year-old Saltillo man has pleaded guilty to federal charges of possession of child pornography.
DREW, Mississippi - Three candidates will be on the ballot Tuesday in a new election for mayor of Drew.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - A groundbreaking, a building dedication, and the closing of three buildings will mark progress later this week at the East Mississippi State Hospital.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Public officials' text messages about government business are public records, the Mississippi Ethics Commission says.