- New bishop in Jackson diocese Updated: Dec-12-13 8:17 am
- Man arrested in Ripley shooting death Updated: Dec-12-13 6:11 am
- Trial delayed for 3 men in Miss. bank heists Updated: Dec-12-13 5:47 am
- Miss. arsonist gets 15 years as habitual offender Updated: Dec-12-13 5:41 am
- Gulfport woman arrested on probation violation Updated: Dec-12-13 5:35 am
- Trial rescheduled for 3 in bank robberies Updated: Dec-12-13 4:52 am
- Tupelo lands national softball convention Updated: Dec-12-13 4:48 am
- Leland to cover health insurance premium hike Updated: Dec-12-13 4:34 am
- Vicksburg museum asks Navy for USS Vicksburg items Updated: Dec-12-13 4:23 am
- New E911 director named in Columbus-Lowndes Updated: Dec-12-13 4:06 am
- 3-year-old dies from hit-and-run injuries Updated: Dec-11-13 4:54 pm
- Overstaffing cited at Leflore schools Updated: Dec-11-13 4:35 pm
- Bryant announces new tourism project Updated: Dec-11-13 4:24 pm
- Hardin Foundation CEO to speak at commencement Updated: Dec-11-13 4:22 pm
- Meridian federal courthouse targeted for closure Updated: Dec-11-13 4:05 pm
- Russell has shoulder surgery to repair torn labrum Updated: Dec-11-13 3:30 pm
- ALUMA-FORM locating operations in Walnut Updated: Dec-11-13 2:56 pm
- C Spire to acquire Alabama communication firm Updated: Dec-11-13 1:53 pm
- Sheriff Byrd to submit resignation Updated: Dec-11-13 11:56 am
- Harmonica man Musselwhite among top nominees for Blues... Updated: Dec-11-13 11:49 am
- Preliminary findings say agent shot by officer Updated: Dec-11-13 11:47 am
- Court orders new sentencing in prize money scam Updated: Dec-11-13 9:13 am
- Suggs named Toyota Miss. VP of administration Updated: Dec-11-13 9:13 am
- Horn Lake accelerates push for high-speed Internet Updated: Dec-11-13 6:07 am
- Lower court to hear sewage rate dispute Updated: Dec-11-13 5:57 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Rev. Joseph Kopacz has been appointed bishop of Diocese of Jackson to succeed Bishop Joseph Latino who reached the age of retirement.
RIPLEY, Mississippi - A shooting in Ripley left one man dead and another injured.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The trial of three South Alabama men accused in armed bank heists in South Mississippi has been delayed while federal prosecutors try to obtain a new indictment.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A judge has sentenced an arsonist to 15 years in prison for setting fire to a rental home in Gulfport.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 28-year-old Gulfport woman on probation for drunken driving in a fatal crash and leaving the scene of it has been arrested on probation warrants alleging she violated conditions of her release.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The trial of three Alabama men charged in bank robberies in South Mississippi has been delayed while federal prosecutors try to obtain a new indictment.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo has won a bid to host a national softball convention in 2014.
LELAND, Mississippi - The city of Leland will cover increases in health insurance for its employees.
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Old Depot Museum is asking the Navy to loan or donate of items from the soon-to-be decommissioned USS Vicksburg for a display in the cruiser's namesake city.
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus-Lowndes Emergency 911 communications board has hired Melanie McCoy as the agency's director.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A 3-year-old child has died from injuries she suffered in a hit-and-run accident.
GREENWOOD, Mississippi - The conservator of the Leflore County School District had almost twice as many employees as it should have.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has announced a yearlong celebration in 2014 to showcase Mississippi people, communities and enterprises that are moving the state's economy forward.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Rebecca Combs-Dulaney, CEO of the Phil Hardin Foundation, will speak at fall commencement Friday at Mississippi State University-Meridian.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Meridian's only federal courtroom - the site of historical civil rights cases more than four decades ago - will close under legislation passed by the U.S. Senate and sent to President Barack Obama.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell will miss the Liberty Bowl after having surgery to fix a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.
WALNUT, Mississippi - Officials say ALUMA-FORM has broken ground on the company's new manufacturing facility in Walnut in Tippah County.
RIDGELAND, Mississippi - C Spire has announced plans to acquire Callis Communications, which provides cloud-based unified communications as a service for businesses.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - The defense attorney for Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd, who pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal felony charge, said the four-term sheriff will resign Wednesday.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The nominees for the 2014 Blues Music Awards have been announced, and Memphis-raised harmonica man Charlie Musselwhite is among the top nominees, up for awards in five categories, as are fellow veterans James Cotton and Lurrie Bell.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A preliminary investigation suggests a U.S. Marshals Service task force agent was shot and wounded by another officer during the search for a murder suspect in Mississippi last week, an official said Wednesday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal appeals court has ordered the resentencing of two men convicted in Mississippi in a multistate telemarketing scam in which victims were told they won cash prizes but had to pay taxes and fees to the scammers to claim the money.
BLUE SPRINGS, Mississippi - Officials at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi near Blue Springs are building Corollas at a faster pace to keep up with demand.
HORN LAKE, Mississippi - Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A legal dispute over sewage treatment between the cities of Petal and Hattiesburg has been remanded back to Forrest County Chancery Court from U.S. District Court.