- In rare event, remnants of Pacific hurricane hit Alaska Updated: Oct-09-15 3:00 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Remnants of Pacific Hurricane Oho battered Alaska's southeast coast on Friday, the latest unusual weather event to hit a state that so far this year has dealt with a lack of snow, warmer temperatures and intense wildfires.
- Alaska Marine Highway System cuts ferry terminal positons Updated: Oct-09-15 1:50 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Alaska Marine Highway System has cut 20 shore positions as officials deal with a scaled back budget.
- Ketchikan hospital's parent company wins $3.66 million grant Updated: Oct-01-15 8:05 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The operator of the Ketchikan Medical Center has been awarded a $3.66 million grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to build on work done in Alaska.
- State proposed regulations would limit Ketchikan marijuana Updated: Sep-30-15 9:23 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Proposed state regulations could keep marijuana businesses from opening almost anywhere in downtown Ketchikan.
- Washington company exploring gas service in southeast Alaska Updated: Sep-25-15 8:15 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A Washington state-based utility is looking to southeast Alaska for a launch of natural gas, which would primarily be delivered to homes for heat and personal use.
- Man gets 3 years in Alaska diving death Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A commercial fisherman found guilty of criminally negligent homicide in the death of a Kansas diver who died while harvesting sea cucumbers was sentenced to three years in prison.
- Canadian company considers Ketchikan ferry service Updated: Sep-21-15 7:27 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A tour boat company based in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, is considering running a weekly ferry service to Ketchikan next summer.
- Sealaska looks to diversify revenue stream Updated: Sep-18-15 7:17 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - As Sealaska Corp. reduces its timber program, the company is exploring new revenue streams, including a possible acquisition of a natural foods business.