- Ketchikan brings school funding issue to Fairbanks Updated: Dec-06-13 1:15 pm
- Ketchikan man charged with assaulting officer Updated: Dec-03-13 5:26 pm
- Thief takes explosive from Southeast site Updated: Nov-29-13 3:01 pm
- Nonprofit working to maintain Yates Updated: Nov-24-13 5:14 am
- Ketchikan man to serve 9 years after drug bust Updated: Nov-23-13 9:07 am
- Ketchikan schools find fault with state ed regs Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 am
- Ketchikan official proposes selling dam Updated: Nov-18-13 7:13 pm
- Average SE pink salmon harvest predicted in 2014 Updated: Nov-18-13 5:13 pm
- Lumberjack Show renovations under way Updated: Nov-17-13 6:24 am
- Board to get update on new Alaska Class ferry Updated: Nov-13-13 5:50 am
- Houghtaling works to stomp out bullying Updated: Nov-09-13 6:53 am
- Ketchikan's Rubin opens solo show at state museum Updated: Nov-09-13 6:44 am
- Ketchikan selects $95K decorative rain gauge Updated: Nov-08-13 3:55 pm
- Ketchikan to charge for airport town-side parking Updated: Nov-08-13 6:13 am
- First female mayor chosen in Metlakatla Updated: Nov-07-13 1:29 pm
- Young to visit southeast Alaska communities Updated: Nov-06-13 7:08 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Ketchikan officials, planning a major lawsuit over state funding of schools, argued their case for buy-in before the Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 55-year-old Ketchikan resident has been charged with assaulting a federal officer.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - An industrial explosives company operating on Prince of Wales Island is reporting the theft of blasting agent.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - When Historic Ketchikan, Inc., has its sights set on a project, Executive Director Stephen Reeve doesn't wait around for conveniences like heating to move in and set up shop.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A man described by the district attorney as a large-scale drug dealer in southeast Alaska will serve nine years in prison on drug and weapons charges.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Ketchikan School District said it had to spend $7,000 to conduct background checks and to fingerprint 31 preschool staff members to satisfy new state requirements, which it called redundant.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A Ketchikan official wants to sell a dam project that is under construction.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Records numbers of pink salmon caught in southeast Alaska waters in 2013 should return closer to average numbers next year, according to state biologists.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show hasn't disappeared - it's being renovated.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Marine highway officials will receive an update on the new Alaska Class ferry during a meeting in Anchorage.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - On the playground at Houghtaling Elementary School, at least four sixth-grade students walk the playground during the kindergarten through third-grade recess, sometimes in pairs and sometimes not, playing with the younger kids and making sure everyone is engaging in a safe and happy way.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Ketchikan painter David Rubin's "how-I-ended-up-in-Alaska" story is unusual even by Alaskan standards: he came up in the early 1980s on the personal recommendation of Ken Kesey, whom he met at the Oregon Country Fair while playing in a band that was opening for the Grateful Dead.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - It took the mayor to break a tie vote, but the Ketchikan City Council has approved the selection of a decorative rain gauge that will cost nearly $95,000.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - People parking at Ketchikan International Airport's town-side parking spaces will start paying $1 a day starting Jan. 1.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Audrey Hudson has been elected the first female mayor in the 126-year history of Metlakatla (MET'-luh-KAT-luh).
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Rep. Don Young plans to visit southeast Alaska this week.