- Tongass National Forest proposal up for public comment Updated: Nov-23-15 9:16 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The U.S. Forest Service is seeking feedback from the public on a proposal that could change how the Tongass National Forest is managed over the next 10 to 15 years.
- Forest officials pull Mitkof timber sale Updated: Nov-20-15 8:39 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The U.S. Forest Service has withdrawn findings that the proposed timber sale on Mitkof Island near Petersburg has no significant environmental impact.
- Kenai Peninsula tackling invasive plant problem Updated: Nov-17-15 9:08 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Kenai Peninsula is leading efforts in eradicating elodea, an invasive aquatic plant species found in various parts of the state.
- Independent ferry service to resume after mechanical issues Updated: Nov-10-15 4:48 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Ferry service connecting three southeast Alaska communities is set to resume following mechanical issues last month.
- Ketchikan marijuana committee to consider pot tax proposal Updated: Nov-09-15 7:58 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Ketchikan's Marijuana Advisory Committee will consider a resident's proposal to support funding for school travel with a marijuana tax.
- Ketchikan animal protection department may get body cameras Updated: Oct-31-15 12:20 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Body cameras may be coming to the Ketchikan animal protection department's four field officers.
- Correction: Southeast Ferry Cutbacks story Updated: Oct-28-15 12:12 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - In a story Oct. 25 about cutbacks in ferry service, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of one of the people commenting on the proposals. It was Charles Bingham, not Charles Morgan.