- Feds: Plane in deadly Alaska crash had safety technology Updated: Jul-07-15 8:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A sightseeing floatplane that crashed in a mountainous area in southeast Alaska, killing all nine people on board, was equipped with technology to provide detailed information about the terrain, according to a federal accident report released Tuesday.
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly to vote on tobacco tax Updated: Jul-06-15 7:53 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly will yet again be voting on a tobacco tax.
- Ketchikan man remains missing after 6 months Updated: Jul-02-15 12:38 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The family of a Ketchikan man who has been missing for six months has filed a presumptive death petition.
- Troopers: Pilot in fatal Alaska plane crash was from Idaho Updated: Jun-27-15 1:47 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say the pilot of a sightseeing plane that crashed in southeast Alaska was from Idaho. All nine people aboard the plane died.
- Troopers: 2 victims of Alaska plane crash from Medford, Ore. Updated: Jun-27-15 1:25 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say two of the nine people killed when their sightseeing plane crashed in southeast Alaska were from Medford, Oregon.
- Ketchikan delivery man helps officials puts out fire Updated: Jun-25-15 11:56 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A Ketchikan Daily News delivery driver helped wake a family and extinguish a house fire while on his normal paper route.
- Border crossing between Hyder, Canada open again Updated: Jun-24-15 3:56 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - After more than two months of limited access to services in Canada, Hyder residents will once again be able to cross the border at any hour.
- Alaska Editorials Updated: Jun-22-15 9:37 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Alaska island dog mysteriously crosses water to mainland Updated: Jun-20-15 8:47 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Ed and Renee Schofield were surprised when they got a call from the pound in Ketchikan.
- Trimaran with 3 crew finishes first in Race to Alaska Updated: Jun-14-15 6:46 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A three-man team has finished first in the motorless Race to Alaska.
- Ketchikan man killed in an apparent shooting accident Updated: Jun-08-15 4:40 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - A 22-year-old Ketchikan man has died in what Alaska State Troopers say appears to be an accidental shooting.