- PSG beats Lyon 2-0 in French league curtain raiser Updated: Aug-01-15 5:29 pm
MONTREAL - Paris Saint-Germain won the Trophee des Champions for the second straight year 2-0 over Lyon on Saturday.
- Roger Federer pulls out of Montreal tournament Updated: Jul-29-15 6:27 pm
MONTREAL - Roger Federer pulled out of next month's Rogers Cup hard-court tournament on Wednesday.
- British Airways flight diverted to Canada after bomb threat Updated: Jul-29-15 10:46 am
TORONTO - A Canadian police official says that a British Airways flight from Las Vegas to London has been diverted to Montreal after a bomb threat.
- British Airways' Las Vegas to London flight diverted Updated: Jul-29-15 10:13 am
LAS VEGAS - A British Airways flight from Las Vegas to London was diverted to Montreal.
- Michael Sam to make CFL debut for Alouettes in August Updated: Jul-28-15 5:38 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam will make his debut with the Montreal Alouettes in August, but his coach won't give an exact date.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba Updated: Jul-27-15 5:44 pm
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact added an established scoring presence when they traded for former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba on Monday.
- Canadian Olympic head to back Toronto to make 2024 bid Updated: Jul-26-15 7:00 pm
TORONTO - The head of the Canadian Olympic Committee said Sunday he would push Toronto to bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Ciman scores in 88th, Impact beat Sounders 1-0 Updated: Jul-26-15 12:17 am
MONTREAL - Belgian defender Laurent Ciman scored off a header in the 88th minute to give the Montreal Impact a 1-0 victory over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday night at Saputo Stadium.
- Kovalev retains light heavyweight titles Updated: Jul-26-15 12:06 am
LAS VEGAS - Sergey Kovalev had little trouble taking care of business against an outmatched Nadjib Mohammedi.
- Alexander Semin joins Montreal after 3 years with Carolina Updated: Jul-24-15 1:15 pm
- NHL receives expansion bids from Las Vegas, Quebec City Updated: Jul-21-15 1:42 pm
Bill Foley has put his money down on an NHL expansion team in Las Vegas. And Quebec City is getting a second chance at being a pro hockey market.
- Former Vermont transit chief to push Montreal train route Updated: Jul-19-15 10:49 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A former Vermont transportation secretary is coming out of retirement to help plan resumption of passenger train service between the northeastern United States and Montreal.
- FC Dallas gets Soumare for Bekker in deal with Montreal Updated: Jul-16-15 12:09 pm
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas has acquired defender Bakary Soumare from Montreal for midfielder Kyle Bekker.
- 1 of 4 escaped inmates back in Mississippi prison Updated: Jul-13-15 9:31 pm
RAYMOND, Mississippi - Authorities late Monday recaptured one of four inmates who escaped from the Hinds County Detention Center in Raymond.
- Oduro helps Impact blank Crew 3-0 Updated: Jul-11-15 10:51 pm
MONTREAL - Dominic Oduro scored two goals, and the Montreal Impact ended the Columbus Crew's four-game unbeaten run with a 3-0 victory on Saturday night.
- Canadiens star Pacioretty injures knee Updated: Jul-10-15 5:24 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty has a knee injury and could miss most of the preseason.
- IOC head Bach returns to Montreal, site of 1976 Olympic gold Updated: Jul-09-15 3:41 pm
MONTREAL - IOC President Thomas Bach returned to the city where he won a fencing gold medal for West Germany at the 1976 Olympics.