- Leafs top Ducks 3-1 in Carlyle's return to Anaheim Updated: Mar-11-14 12:53 am
- Niemi, Sharks beat Canadiens 4-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:45 am
- Mauro Diaz helps FC Dallas beat Montreal 3-2 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:36 pm
- Coyotes rebound for 5-2 win over Habs Updated: Mar-07-14 12:47 am
- Canada regulator approves reversing pipeline flow Updated: Mar-06-14 6:22 pm
- Man survives leap from moving Amtrak train in NY Updated: Mar-06-14 7:11 am
- Canadiens outlast Ducks 4-3 for shootout victory Updated: Mar-06-14 2:09 am
- NHL teams make a flurry of deals before deadline Updated: Mar-05-14 10:22 pm
- Capitals get G Halak from Sabres for G Neuvirth Updated: Mar-05-14 9:02 pm
- Bruins obtain D Andrej Meszaros from Flyers Updated: Mar-05-14 8:30 pm
- Canadiens acquire Vanek from Islanders Updated: Mar-05-14 7:44 pm
- Predators trade goalie Devan Dubnyk to Montreal Updated: Mar-05-14 2:27 pm
- LA Kings beat Montreal 2-1 for 5th straight win Updated: Mar-04-14 1:57 am
- Pacioretty lifts Canadiens over Leafs 4-3 in OT Updated: Mar-01-14 11:56 pm
- Goalie Budaj to replace Price again vs Leafs Updated: Feb-28-14 3:30 pm
- Mattel to buy Canadian toy maker Mega Brands Updated: Feb-28-14 12:40 pm
- Canadiens top Penguins 6-5 in shootout Updated: Feb-27-14 11:29 pm
- Penguins' Kris Letang recovering from stroke Updated: Feb-27-14 7:17 pm
- Nyquist scores in OT, Red Wings edge Canadiens 2-1 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:56 pm
- Alouettes release Bruce weeks after Sam comment Updated: Feb-26-14 9:12 pm
- Railroad to emerge from bankruptcy with new name Updated: Feb-22-14 1:19 pm
- Correction: Canada-Obit-Gallant story Updated: Feb-19-14 2:51 pm
- CFL players fined for posts about Michael Sam Updated: Feb-11-14 6:18 pm
- Desharnais scores 2, Canadiens beat Hurricanes Updated: Feb-08-14 10:06 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak each had a goal and two assists, and the Toronto Maple Leafs celebrated coach Randy Carlyle's return to Anaheim with a 3-1 victory over the Ducks on Monday night.
SAN JOSE, California - When Tommy Wingels scored a fluky, short-handed goal in the opening minutes, it was clear this was going to be San Jose's night.
FRISCO, Texas - Mauro Diaz scored on a free kick and set up a penalty and FC Dallas opened the season with a 3-2 comeback victory over the Montreal Impact on Saturday night in coach Oscar Pareja's debut.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Phoenix Coyotes were on their heels after building a two-goal lead, spending most of the second period in their own zone.
TORONTO - Canada's National Energy Board approved Thursday a plan by Enbridge to reverse the flow of a pipeline that would allow for Western Canadian oil to be transported to Eastern Canada.
SCHENECTADY, New York - Authorities say a Canadian man is hospitalized for a mental health evaluation after he jumped from a moving Amtrak train as it traveled in upstate New York.
ANAHEIM, California - A few moments after Kyle Palmieri's shootout attempt hit both Montreal posts and skittered along the goal line without going in, Andrei Markov's shot left no doubt about an impressive win for the Canadiens.
Martin St. Louis told Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman more than once he wanted to play for another team.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Four years ago, Jaroslav Halak shut down Alex Ovechkin's top-seeded Washington Capitals in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Now the Capitals hope the goalie will help them reach the postseason.
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins added veteran depth to their young defense corps by trading for Andrej Meszaros and obtaining Corey Potter on waivers Wednesday.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings jumped on a couple of early scoring chances and spent the rest of the night playing stellar defense. When a few shots broke through that defensive front, Jonathan Quick was there.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens appeared to be in some trouble when goalie Carey Price was injured just after helping Canada win the gold medal at the Olympics.
TORONTO - Mattel Inc. has made a friendly takeover offer for Canadian toy maker Mega Brands Inc., which has the world's No. 2 line of construction sets after Lego.
PITTSBURGH - Recovering from a stroke, Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang said his doctors have reassured him that he'll be play hockey again.
MONTREAL - The Montreal Alouettes released Arland Bruce on Wednesday, two weeks after the receiver was fined by the Canadian Football League for Twitter comments about openly gay NFL prospect Michael Sam.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine-based railroad responsible for a fiery derailment that killed 47 people in Quebec in July is getting a new name.
TORONTO - In a story Feb. 18 about the death of author Mavis Gallant, The Associated Press, quoting an editor from The New Yorker, reported erroneously that the magazine published 114 of Gallant's stories. The correct number of stories published was 116.
The Canadian Football League fined two players Tuesday for making inappropriate comments about openly gay NFL prospect Michael Sam.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Montreal Canadiens needed a little time to get up to speed in their final game before the Olympic break. When they did, they left behind the Carolina Hurricanes.