- Transgender student asks school system to use preferred name Updated: Feb-07-16 9:01 am
MILLERSVILLE, Maryland - Matthew Nolte's report card is stacked with A's, but he scratched out the name on it - which is not Matthew - until the paper wore away, leaving a rectangular hole.
- Body of missing Annapolis man found in Tennessee Updated: Feb-06-16 6:34 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Annapolis police say a missing man has been found dead in Tennessee.
- Bill would require courts to tell abusers to give up guns Updated: Feb-06-16 3:29 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Judges would be required to inform domestic violence abusers they are prohibited from possessing firearms, under a measure coming before Maryland lawmakers.
- Man, 20, arrested after fatal shooting in Annapolis Updated: Feb-06-16 10:58 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Annapolis police say they've arrested a 20-year-old man in the fatal shooting of another 20-year-old man last week.
- Hogan sounds bipartisan tone in State of the State speech Updated: Feb-03-16 3:52 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan pressed his goals for tax relief Wednesday in his second State of the State speech. This time, though, he was careful to credit Democrats for helping him make some small tax cuts last year, and he highlighted the importance of Democrats and Republicans working together.
- Cummings won't run for Senate, will seek House re-election Updated: Feb-02-16 11:18 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings said Tuesday he won't run for Senate and will seek re-election to a 12th term in the House.
- Md. bill would make poultry companies responsible for manure Updated: Feb-02-16 4:46 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure in Maryland would make poultry companies responsible for chicken manure, which environmentalists cite as a major pollutant in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Naval Academy students volunteering for snow removal duty Updated: Jan-22-16 1:56 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - U.S. Naval Academy students are volunteering to shovel snow as Maryland braces for a major snowstorm.
- Maryland lawmakers override veto of marijuana bill Updated: Jan-21-16 3:51 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly overrode several of Gov. Larry Hogan's vetoes on Thursday, including his veto of a bill decriminalizing the possession of marijuana paraphernalia and another to ensure third-party travel websites pay all of the state's sales tax.
- Annapolis tribute concert held for iconic singer David Bowie Updated: Jan-21-16 6:17 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Several Annapolis musicians gathered to pay homage to the late innovative and iconic singer David Bowie.
- Maryland House votes to override veto on felons voting bill Updated: Jan-20-16 4:01 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates voted Wednesday to override Gov. Larry Hogan's veto of a bill that would allow felons to vote while they are on parole or probation.
- Farr Yacht Design releases 3D renderings of Super 12 yachts Updated: Jan-19-16 8:01 pm
SAN DIEGO - Farr Yacht Design has released the first 3D renderings of the new Super 12 yachts that will be sailed in the San Francisco Yacht Racing Challenge beginning in July 2017 on San Francisco Bay.
- County prosecutor investigating O'Malley furniture purchase Updated: Jan-14-16 11:20 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Maryland county prosecutor is investigating former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley's discounted purchase of furniture from the governor's mansion, the state's attorney's spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.
- Maryland lawmakers ask for more communication from governor Updated: Jan-13-16 12:53 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland -
- Hogan outlines $480M in tax cuts over 5 years Updated: Jan-12-16 5:45 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan outlined plans for about $480 million in tax cuts over five years on Tuesday, as Democrats who control the General Assembly prepared to gather for the annual legislative session with a sour taste still lingering from last year's battle over $68 million in education funding.