- Attempted murder charge in NYC bystander shooting Updated: Apr-18-14 7:10 pm
- Mets trade 1B Ike Davis to Pirates Updated: Apr-18-14 7:08 pm
- Lundqvist has records, now wants Stanley Cup ring Updated: Apr-18-14 7:06 pm
- Court: NYC must support ill inmates leaving jail Updated: Apr-18-14 6:53 pm
- American identifies cleric in US terrorism case Updated: Apr-18-14 6:44 pm
- Beltran out with sore shoulder and wrist Updated: Apr-18-14 6:15 pm
- Bobcats F Douglas-Roberts makes most of 2nd chance Updated: Apr-18-14 6:12 pm
- Former Maine tribal official caught in elver case Updated: Apr-18-14 5:58 pm
- Mom of 1984 murder victim decries award verdict Updated: Apr-18-14 4:41 pm
- Toll violators could face registration suspensions Updated: Apr-18-14 4:39 pm
- Flyers could have G Steve Mason back for Game 2 Updated: Apr-18-14 4:05 pm
- NYPD: Officers should take the stairs in fires Updated: Apr-18-14 4:01 pm
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host billing Updated: Apr-18-14 4:01 pm
- Study: Half of jailed NYC youths have brain injury Updated: Apr-18-14 3:17 pm
- Teixeira plays in 2nd extended spring game Updated: Apr-18-14 1:51 pm
- WGN America tries 'Salem' magic to expand audience Updated: Apr-18-14 1:38 pm
- NY man sentenced for stealing top cop's gun belt Updated: Apr-18-14 1:38 pm
- US senator: Metro-North fined $552,000 past decade Updated: Apr-18-14 1:33 pm
- Rochester mayor released from hospital Updated: Apr-18-14 1:12 pm
- Chelsea Clinton, producer, debuts short at Tribeca Updated: Apr-18-14 1:07 pm
- Miami hosts 'Caribbean: Crossroads of the World' Updated: Apr-18-14 12:55 pm
- Toddler death in western NY ruled a homicide Updated: Apr-18-14 11:43 am
- Chobani to expand offerings amid competition Updated: Apr-18-14 11:25 am
- Alternative to NYC horse carriages: Old-timey car? Updated: Apr-18-14 10:55 am
- In '1971,' an analog precursor to NSA, Snowden Updated: Apr-18-14 10:50 am
NEW YORK - Police have charged a 21-year-old New York City man with attempted murder in a shooting that left a 13-year-old bystander in serious condition.
NEW YORK - A judge on Friday upheld - and extended through 2016 - a settlement between New York City and lawyers for mentally ill inmates that required prisoners who received mental health treatment in city jails to have individualized discharge plans upon release.
NEW YORK - A Seattle man told a jury Friday that an Egyptian cleric on trial on terrorism charges is the "very angry" imam he met in London years ago.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte Bobcats guard Chris Douglas-Roberts remembers feeling so depressed last year that he didn't want to get out of bed.
PORTLAND, Maine - New York authorities have arrested a former Passamaquoddy tribal representative to Maine's Legislature and seven other people on charges of illegally harvesting baby eels on Long Island's East End.
MINEOLA, New York - A federal jury's $36 million award to two men who spent 18 years in prison for a 1984 rape and murder that DNA testing later showed they did not commit was decried Friday by the teenage victim's mother.
ALBANY, New York - Motorists who repeatedly speed through New York state toll booths without paying would see their vehicle registrations suspended under legislation being considered by state lawmakers.
NEW YORK - Police officials in New York City have changed the way officers respond to fires following the death of an officer.
NEW YORK - ABC says it has promoted Lara Spencer to co-host status on "Good Morning America."
NEW YORK - About half of all 16- to 18-year-olds coming into New York City's jails say they had a traumatic brain injury before being incarcerated, most caused by assaults, according to a new study that's the latest in a growing body of research documenting head trauma among young offenders.
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira singled in five at-bats Friday during his second extended spring training game since injuring his right leg.
LOS ANGELES - WGN America is calling on witchcraft to help launch the cable channel in a new direction.
RIVERHEAD, New York - A suburban New York man who admitted stealing a police chief's gun belt and ammunition has been sentenced to three years in prison.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Metro-North, the nation's second-largest commuter railroad, has been fined $552,000 over the past decade for safety violations and defects, U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Friday.
ROCHESTER, New York - Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren has been released from the hospital after a severe bout with the flu.
NEW YORK - First-time movie producer and mom-to-be Chelsea Clinton has premiered a short film at the Tribeca Film Festival.
MIAMI - One of the opening images in "Caribbean: Crossroads of the World" features a massive nuclear submarine breaking the surface off what appears to be a cold northern coastline, with evergreens that would never thrive in tropical weather.
JAMESTOWN, New York - Police are investigating the beating death of a 16-month-old western New York girl.
NEW YORK - Chobani plans to expand beyond its Greek yogurt cups this summer as it faces intensifying competition in the fast growing category.
NEW YORK - An electric car that proponents hope will replace horse-drawn carriages in New York City was presented Thursday at the New York International Auto Show, as critics expressed their distaste for the idea.
NEW YORK - A trove of government documents reveals widespread domestic surveillance of Americans. Leaked revelations hit the front pages of newspapers. A powerful governmental agency is brought under scrutiny.