- NY park that hosted July 4th bashes was named after loyalist Updated: Jul-04-15 5:34 am
CAMPBELL HALL, New York - It turns out Thomas Bull wasn't much of a patriot after all.
- New citizens being sworn in at 3 upstate New York locations Updated: Jul-04-15 5:07 am
STILLWATER, New York - Several dozen people will be sworn in as new citizens of the United States during naturalization ceremonies being held on the Fourth of July at three upstate New York locations.
- Dodgers begin 10-game homestand with 2-1 loss to Mets Updated: Jul-04-15 2:56 am
- Mets begin road trip with 2-1 win over Dodgers Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Noah Snydergaard is growing up quickly in the major leagues.
- Rays give up 2 leads, 2 big homers in loss to Yanks in 12 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 am
- McCann, Teixeira hit 3-run homers, Yanks beat Rays in 12 Updated: Jul-04-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - After getting a big double play to end the top of the 12th inning and keep their deficit to two runs, the New York Yankees sensed they still had a chance.
- Hate crime eyed after Hispanic man beaten on Long Island Updated: Jul-03-15 11:32 pm
FARMINGVILLE, New York - Police on Long Island believe a Hispanic man who was beaten unconscious earlier this week while riding his bicycle was the victim of a hate crime.
- Prosecutors: Man in wheelchair arrested for robbing NYC bank Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City man in a wheelchair has been arrested two days after he pocketed $1,212 in a daytime bank robbery, authorities announced Friday.
- Mets broadcaster doing fine after health issue Updated: Jul-03-15 11:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - New York Mets radio play-by-play man Howie Rose is back in New York and doing fine, after an episode on the team's coast-to-coast flight in which he passed out from dehydration - forcing the plane to make an emergency stop in Detroit so that he could get medical attention.
- AP source: Derrick Williams agrees to 2 years with Knicks Updated: Jul-03-15 11:00 pm
Derrick Williams is headed to New York looking for another chance to fulfill the promise he once showed.
- Man arrested in connection with 9 Long Island bank robberies Updated: Jul-03-15 9:29 pm
WEST BABYLON, New York - Police have arrested a Long Island man they say committed nine bank robberies in the last three months.
- Eager eaters weigh-in ahead of NYC July 4 hot dog contest Updated: Jul-03-15 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - Contestants have hit the scales ahead of the annual July Fourth hot dog eating contest at Coney Island's Nathan's Famous.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- AP source: Knicks agree to deal with center Robin Lopez Updated: Jul-03-15 8:15 pm
NEW YORK - Robin Lopez is joining the Knicks, turning New York's NBA rivalry into a family affair.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.
- Prosecutors: Brooklyn woman used rock in anti-gay attack Updated: Jul-03-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say a Brooklyn teen has been arrested on charges she assaulted a man with a rock after shouting anti-gay epithets at him.
- Daring Kathy wins Belmont's Perfect Sting Stakes Updated: Jul-03-15 7:32 pm
NEW YORK - Daring Kathy held on by a nose Friday to win the $100,000 Perfect Sting Stakes for fillies and mares on the turf at Belmont Park.
- AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
DALLAS - DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
- Government: Accounting exec earned leniency in Madoff case Updated: Jul-03-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - A 79-year-old former New York accounting firm executive who did work for some of Bernard Madoff's most important clients has earned leniency at sentencing because his cooperation provided new insights into history's largest financial fraud, prosecutors said.
- Rangers trade former 1st-round pick Jake Skole to Yankees Updated: Jul-03-15 4:43 pm
- NY prosecutor questions low numbers on school bullying Updated: Jul-03-15 3:34 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York prosecutor says compliance with a state law requiring schools to report incidents of bullying, harassment or intimidation is a "disaster."
- Inmate shot 3 weeks after escape still hospitalized in NY Updated: Jul-03-15 3:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - A prison inmate shot and captured after three weeks on the run in northern New York remained hospitalized Friday while the body of his fellow escapee was handled in accordance with the wishes of his son.
- Who's John Jay? Scholars urge new look at forgotten founder Updated: Jul-03-15 3:28 pm
KATONAH, New York - The inner circle of founders has been set for as long as anyone can remember - Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Hamilton and Madison.
- Fans line up to see replica of Marquis de Lafayette's ship Updated: Jul-03-15 2:44 pm
NEW YORK - Seems like the Marquis de Lafayette is almost as popular now as he was in 1780.
- New York agency issues permits for removing invasive species Updated: Jul-03-15 2:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Adirondack Park Agency has approved two general permits for removing non-native plants and animals from the 6 million acres of state forests and wilderness and privately owned land in northern New York.