- Ex-student who sparked campus lockdown won't face charges Updated: Sep-01-15 7:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Authorities won't seek criminal charges against a former Mississippi State University student who sparked a campus lockdown last Thursday.
- Yarber signs order on open data Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The City of Jackson is a step closer to establishing an open data policy and make key data available to the public.
- Longtime Mississippi TV journalist Bert Case hospitalized Updated: Sep-01-15 4:39 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Longtime Mississippi TV journalist Bert Case is hospitalized in critical condition.
- Jackson police not planning to provide state fair security Updated: Sep-01-15 10:44 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Police Department officers won't help provide security on the state fairgrounds this year during the annual state fair. The reason: city budget cuts.
- Miss. newsman Jack Elliott retiring after 31 years with AP Updated: Aug-31-15 2:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Longtime Mississippi journalist Jack Elliott Jr. is retiring after more than three decades at The Associated Press.
- Police: Man fatally shot in Jackson driveway during argument Updated: Aug-31-15 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Authorities say a suspect has been arrested and charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in a driveway in Jackson.
- Hinds County authorities: Skeletal remains found in Bolton Updated: Aug-31-15 6:07 am
BOLTON, Mississippi - Hinds County authorities say some skeletal remains have been found in an abandoned house west of Jackson.
- Mississippi surgeon appeals tax evasion conviction Updated: Aug-31-15 4:37 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi orthopedic surgeon has appealed his income tax evasion conviction to a federal appeals court in New Orleans.
- Pedestrian killed in hit & run in Jackson Updated: Aug-28-15 10:20 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A University of Mississippi Medical Center security guard died after being struck by a hit and run driver.
- Initiative would keep Confederate emblem on Mississippi flag Updated: Aug-26-15 6:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Organizers of a new ballot initiative are seeking to keep the Confederate battle emblem on Mississippi's flag by putting the flag design into the state constitution.
- 3 Jackson hospitals to merge laundry operations Updated: Aug-26-15 4:20 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Three Jackson hospitals are consolidating laundry operation in a public-private partnership executives say will save each millions.
- The Latest: 3 House primary runoffs too close to call Updated: Aug-26-15 12:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Coleman, Britton win party primary runoffs for commissions Updated: Aug-25-15 11:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democratic and Republican party slates are now set for statewide and regional offices in Mississippi, with voters on Tuesday deciding one primary runoff for each party for a seat on a state commission.
- John Grisham talks politics at Mississippi Book Festival Updated: Aug-22-15 8:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - John Grisham says being on the losing side of a Mississippi political fight gave him plenty of time to write big chunks of his first two legal thrillers, "A Time to Kill" and "The Firm."
- 2 in Dem runoff for Miss. Transportation Commission seat Updated: Aug-22-15 11:37 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Businessman Robert Amos and longtime state Rep. Mary Coleman and are competing Tuesday to become the Democratic nominee for one of three seats on the Mississippi Transportation Commission.
- Contractor: Former Mississippi prison leader sought bribes Updated: Aug-21-15 7:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - One man pleaded guilty Friday and another was indicted on federal charges that they paid bribes and kickbacks to a former Mississippi corrections commissioner in exchange for contracts.
- Stolen gun to be returned to family of the late Gov. Fordice Updated: Aug-21-15 4:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Vicksburg police say a pistol engraved with the name of former Mississippi Gov. Kirk Fordice and seized in a Jackson drug raid had been stolen from a truck owned by a relative.
- Jackson State students will get housing by the weekend Updated: Aug-21-15 7:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State University President Carolyn Meyers says a housing gridlock that initially left more than 300 students without a place to live during Welcome Week will be resolved.
- 10 high school rivalries with extra meaning in 2015 Updated: Aug-21-15 4:27 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Game week is finally here.
- Universities seek fresh multiyear bond deal with lawmakers Updated: Aug-20-15 4:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - After three years of predictability on bond funding, officials at Mississippi's eight public universities are hoping for a new multiyear agreement with lawmakers on the level of funding they can expect.
- Investiture ceremony for new Appeals Court judge Updated: Aug-20-15 4:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - An investiture ceremony for new Court of Appeals Judge Jack L. Wilson of Madison will be held Aug. 25 at the Gartin Justice Building in Jackson.
- Sentence upheld for man in 2009 Mississippi prisoner escape Updated: Aug-19-15 4:58 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An appeals court has upheld the seven life sentences for a man convicted of helping his inmate cousin escape from armed guards on a 2009 trip outside a Mississippi prison to an eye clinic. The two men drove to Tennessee, where the fleeing inmate shot a Nashville police officer.
- Ex Gov. Barbour touring Mississippi to promote Katrina book Updated: Aug-19-15 4:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Gov. Haley Barbour will tour Mississippi to promote his new book, "America's Great Storm: Leading Through Hurricane Katrina."
- Slidell police: Man wanted in Aug 6 holdup caught in Miss Updated: Aug-18-15 4:08 am
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Police in southeast Louisiana say a man wanted for holding up a Boost Mobile store in Slidell has been arrested in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Notable Mississippians join chorus to change state flag Updated: Aug-16-15 9:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jimmy Buffett, John Grisham, Morgan Freeman and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning are among famous current and former Mississippi residents asking the state to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its flag.