- Alcorn State beats Jackson State 72-64 Updated: Feb-06-16 9:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tamarico Wilson scored 31 points and grabbed five rebounds as Alcorn State beat Jackson State 72-64 on Saturday night.
- $3 million worth of meth seized in Hinds County traffic stop Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Hinds County Sheriff's Department says a traffic stop Wednesday resulted in one of the largest interdiction seizure of methamphetamine - reportedly valued at $3 million - in state history.
- VA leader: 'Absolute confidence' in embattled administrator Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The U.S. secretary of veterans affairs said Friday that he stands by his appointment of a regional health care executive who was accused of misleading Congress about how long veterans waited to receive care at a VA facility where she worked in Los Angeles.
- Girlfriend now sought in parolee's escape Updated: Feb-05-16 6:58 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Corrections is now seeking the girlfriend of parolee Michael Lester Morgan as an accomplice in his escape this week.
- The Latest: Mississippi approves industrial incentives Updated: Feb-04-16 2:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Mississippi's efforts to recruit a tire plant to western Hinds County and a shipyard to Gulfport (all times local):
- Questions remain about high lead levels in water samples Updated: Feb-04-16 1:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Questions remain after state health officials said last week that water in some Jackson area homes tested positive for lead above recommended levels.
- Weather service: 4 tornadoes struck Mississippi on Tuesday Updated: Feb-04-16 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Residents of eastern Mississippi on Thursday continued to clean up debris from homes, student housing and a small-town Baptist church that were damaged by tornadoes two days earlier.
- Authorities: Columbus teacher connected to meth ring Updated: Feb-04-16 5:52 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Federal authorities have taken a Columbus Middle School educator into custody after a grand jury indicted the teacher on charges of aiding a methamphetamine ring.
- UNC turns to OL coach Kapilovic as offensive coordinator Updated: Feb-03-16 10:05 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina will turn to offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic to run the Tar Heels' high-scoring offense.
- Mississippi insurance chief seeks tighter regs of bail bonds Updated: Feb-03-16 6:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney said Wednesday that he wants tighter state regulations for bail bond businesses and agents.
- Middle school teacher indicted in drug case Updated: Feb-03-16 1:34 pm
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A federal grand jury has indicted a teacher at a middle school in Columbus on drug charges and money laundering.
- 'Grow where you're planted,' Mississippi gov tells students Updated: Feb-02-16 4:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant is imploring high-achieving college students to remain in Mississippi after graduation and build their careers in the state.
- Rep. Holland back at Capitol less than 2 weeks after surgery Updated: Feb-01-16 6:30 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Rep. Steve Holland is back at the Mississippi Capitol, less than two weeks after having surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.
- Prosecutors unsure if they'll retry man over water tampering Updated: Feb-01-16 1:15 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former employee is accused of vandalizing a rural water system nearly three dozen times - including shooting at water lines - in a fight that he says began when he caught two high-ups stealing the precious resource.
- 4 state prison guards arrested on contraband infractions Updated: Jan-26-16 8:41 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Four state prison guards face charges of having contraband on prison grounds.
- Jackson Police officer fired after domestic dispute arrest Updated: Jan-26-16 7:37 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Police Chief Lee Vance confirms that Deputy Chief Brady Hightower is no longer employed with the department.
- Police release more details in Jackson fatal shooting deaths Updated: Jan-26-16 5:02 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Police have identified the second of two women who were fatally shot in Jackson over the weekend.
- Man found dead Sunday in Petal identified Updated: Jan-25-16 6:02 am
PETAL, Mississippi - Authorities have identified the man found dead in Petal.
- Jackson State in command in 60-45 win over Grambling State Updated: Jan-23-16 8:30 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Javeres Brent scored his 21 points on seven 3-pointers to lead Jackson State to a 60-45 victory over Grambling State on Saturday night.
- NWS: 2 tornadoes confirmed in Lamar, Simpson counties Updated: Jan-22-16 3:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest developments of a winter storm that swept through parts of Mississippi (all times local):
- State senator wants experts on Jackson airport board Updated: Jan-21-16 10:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Sen. Josh Harkins plans to introduce a bill to remove the current board that operates Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport.
- 1 Miss. Democratic super delegate supporting Sanders Updated: Jan-19-16 11:04 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Democratic National Committee member from Mississippi says he's supporting Bernie Sanders for president.
- Jackson animal control pushing pet registration Updated: Jan-19-16 6:09 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Pet owners in Jackson will have to pay up, if the city follows the path of other municipalities such as Baton Rouge in implementing a mandatory pet registration program.
- Jackson State edges Prairie View 60-57 Updated: Jan-18-16 11:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Raeford Worsham scored 20 points with 13 rebounds and Jackson State edged Prairie View 60-57 Monday night.
- Neighbor: 4-foot-3 man fell into pothole, water covered head Updated: Jan-18-16 4:22 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Residents of one Jackson neighborhood say there's a 5-foot-deep pothole on their street.