- Analysis: Allain was undaunted by power and money Updated: Dec-08-13 5:04 pm
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case Updated: Dec-08-13 2:20 pm
- Overtime lawsuit against MDOC dismissed Updated: Dec-07-13 2:05 pm
- Finding the right Santa seasonal scenario Updated: Dec-07-13 12:04 pm
- Megabus adds Jackson to service network Updated: Dec-06-13 5:09 pm
- Teen dies in shooting near Jackson high school Updated: Dec-06-13 3:28 pm
- All-Southwestern Athletic Conference teams Updated: Dec-06-13 12:27 pm
- Holiday movies: Fun to be found amid award-season bait Updated: Dec-06-13 9:47 am
- Judge won't let kidnap convict out of jail Updated: Dec-06-13 5:43 am
- Southwest to drop flights to 3 smaller cities Updated: Dec-05-13 6:34 pm
- Miss. auditor asks court to release MDMR records Updated: Dec-05-13 6:18 pm
- Allain to be buried in Mississippi-made mausoleum Updated: Dec-05-13 4:44 pm
- Mediation ordered in circuit clerk's case Updated: Dec-05-13 4:14 pm
- Summit pushes chemical manufacturing in Miss. Updated: Dec-05-13 3:52 pm
- Southwest pulling out of Jackson Updated: Dec-05-13 3:28 pm
- Ice accumulation expected in north Miss. Updated: Dec-05-13 10:13 am
- Bus drivers continue protest Updated: Dec-05-13 9:04 am
- Teen convicted of killing over $4.74 in gas Updated: Dec-05-13 4:17 am
- Officer: Not clear who shot agent during search Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 pm
- Industrial Timber expands in Shannon, Ripley Updated: Dec-04-13 12:50 pm
- City withholds incident report in Horhn DUI arrest Updated: Dec-04-13 4:10 am
- Mississippi State's Jackson wins the Conerly Updated: Dec-03-13 10:24 pm
- Man sought when agent shot turns himself in Updated: Dec-03-13 9:43 pm
- Memorial Friday, funeral Saturday for Allain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:32 pm
- Statement from family of former Miss. Gov. Allain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain was known for his quick wit, sharp analytical mind and willingness to challenge entrenched interests.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Jackson Police Department narcotics officer has filed a notice that he intends to plead guilty in a federal bribery case.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Federal court records in shows a lawsuit over alleged unpaid overtime wages against the Mississippi Department of Corrections was dismissed Nov. 30.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Here's a seasonal scenario: The boss just told you to go get a Santa - and fast.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Megabus.com, the low-fare, city-to-city express bus company, is expanding with service to and from Jackson.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson police have arrested two teenagers in a fatal shooting that happened near Wingfield High School.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A list of the All-Southwestern Athletic Conference teams and winners as chosen by league coaches and sports information directors:
The holiday movie season often is dominated by awards talk, since it's when studios release thoughtful dramas and big-budget fantasy epics meant to capture Oscar voters' fancies.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal judge has denied a request to let a woman out of jail pending sentencing in the kidnapping a 6-year-old relative in a dispute over a piece of land and a portable storage shed in east Mississippi.
DALLAS - Southwest Airlines Co. said Thursday that it will end service in June to Key West, Florida; Jackson, Mississippi; and Branson, Missouri, because it can't make money serving the smaller markets.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Mississippi State Auditor Stacey Pickering asked a federal court on Thursday to authorize the release of Mississippi Department of Marine Resources records that are being sought by a Gulf Coast newspaper.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain will be buried in Natchez City Cemetery in a one-person mausoleum. It has a black granite front engraved with the state seal and a symbol for justice.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A judge has ordered parties involved in a dispute over $671,751 in excessive salary and fees involving Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree to take the matter to mediation.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi should seize an opportunity to compete for energy-thirsty economic development, economist David Dismukes suggested Thursday at the Governor's Energy Summit.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southwest Airlines is closing down operations at Jackson-Evers International Airport on June 6, 2014.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A cold front is expected to bring freezing rain to north Mississippi late Thursday and into Friday with accumulations of up to one quarter of an inch in places.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Public School officials were asking parents and students to find alternate transportation Thursday as a school bus driver walkout entered a second day.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Authorities say 18-year-old Bennie Lederric Beal has been convicted of fatally shooting a Jackson store owner over $4.74 worth of gas in 2011.
JACKSON, Mississippi - It's not clear who shot and wounded a U.S. Marshals task force agent during the search for a murder suspect in Jackson on Tuesday or if the man charged in the case fired his weapon, a law enforcement official testified Wednesday.
RIPLEY, Mississippi - Industrial Timber, a manufacturer of wood furniture frames, is expanding operations at its facilities in Shannon, Mississippi, in Lee County and Ripley, Mississippi, in Tippah County.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The city of Jackson is rejecting The Clarion-Ledger's (http://on.thec-l.com/19fY1JV ) request for the incident report following last month's arrest of state Sen. John Horhn on a DUI charge.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi State left guard Gabe Jackson was named the winner of the Conerly Trophy on Tuesday night, becoming the first offensive lineman to earn the honor in its 18-year history.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The man sought when a state agent was shot during a raid has surrendered to Jackson police.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A memorial service for former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain will be held Friday at the state Capitol in Jackson, and the funeral will be Saturday in Natchez.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Statement from the family of former Mississippi Gov. Bill Allain, who died Monday: