- Strapped city on hook for mayor's $900,000 in legal bills Updated: Aug-27-15 8:19 am
READING, Pennsylvania - A financially strapped Pennsylvania city is on the hook for nearly $900,000 in legal bills to defend its mayor against charter and ethics complaints.
- Fenced security zones will go up in Philly ahead of pope Updated: Aug-13-15 7:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The U.S. Secret Service will restrict public access to a heavily traveled section of downtown Philadelphia for more than 30 hours before Pope Francis lands in the city next month - time officials said the agency needs to build security fencing and set up metal detectors.
- State shuts down YMCA daycare after toddler left outside Updated: Aug-12-15 8:38 am
WYOMISSING, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services has shut down a YMCA daycare in eastern Pennsylvania where a 3-year-old was left outside alone last month.
- Pennsylvania shuts down YMCA child care center Updated: Aug-07-15 6:51 pm
WYOMISSING, Pennsylvania - A YMCA child care center in eastern Pennsylvania has been shut down by the state.
- Reading council president admits taking bribe Updated: Aug-05-15 5:38 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The president of Reading City Council admitted Wednesday that he took a bribe in return for his effort to repeal the city's campaign finance law, and his attorney said the money came from a consultant for the mayor's re-election campaign.
- Bondsman pleads guilty to charges in fraudulent bond case Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania bail bondsman has pleaded guilty to charges in what authorities said were $2 million in fraudulent bonds.