- Waterloo fire officials say 1 man has died in apartment fire Updated: Feb-13-16 11:21 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - Fire officials say one person is dead after an overnight apartment fire in Waterloo.
- Judge orders northeast Iowa zoo to remove tigers, lemurs Updated: Feb-11-16 6:15 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The owners of a private northeast Iowa zoo must remove their tigers and lemurs after a federal judge ruled Thursday that they failed to provide appropriate living conditions for the animals.
- Linn County searches for storage for up to 700,000 documents Updated: Feb-09-16 5:19 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Linn County will soon have to find a new home for thousands of court documents that are being stored in a rented space.
- Businessman seeks leniency in halal beef export fraud case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Supporters of a prominent businessman and Muslim community leader packed a federal courtroom Friday to ask a judge to spare him prison time for committing fraud in exporting halal beef products to Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Former prison guard gets 57 month prison term Updated: Feb-03-16 7:24 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A former Anamosa correctional officer has been sentenced in U.S. District Court to over four years in prison for smuggling contraband and being a drug user while possessing a firearm on duty.
- Iowa ethanol executives charged with federal tax violations Updated: Jan-27-16 2:53 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Managers of an eastern Iowa ethanol company face multiple charges of federal tax violations.
- Officials: Suspicious substance at Iowa airport not a danger Updated: Jan-27-16 9:31 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities say tests show that a suspicious substance found in baggage at the Cedar Rapids airport is not hazardous.
- Dubuque Planned Parenthood announces plans to close Updated: Jan-26-16 6:51 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Planned Parenthood of the Heartland announced plans to close its Dubuque health center, ending clinical services immediately.
- Court OKs remediation agreement on Waterloo sewer overflows Updated: Jan-26-16 11:03 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A U.S. district court in Cedar Rapids has approved a remediation agreement between federal and state authorities and the city of Waterloo over what regulators say were violations of the U.S. Clean Water Act and Iowa law.
- Former lawyer sentenced to prison for counterfeiting Updated: Jan-22-16 4:03 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A federal judge in Cedar Rapids has sentenced a disbarred lawyer to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to dealing in counterfeit currency.
- Feds say plea deal coming in Fargo armed robbery case Updated: Jan-20-16 5:59 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Federal prosecutors say they reached a plea agreement with Iowa man accused of robbing a downtown Fargo motel at gunpoint.
- An overshadowed Ben Carson trying to re-energize supporters Updated: Jan-19-16 3:33 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Ask any of Ben Carson's supporters why he's best suited to be America's next president and many will point to his vision for a country they see as distorted by liberalism and hindered by acrimonious politics.
- Suspect knocked out officer, Cedar Rapids police say Updated: Jan-18-16 6:39 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police say a suspect knocked out an officer who responded to a report about a domestic disturbance at a laundromat.
- Heat's back on at Linn County's courthouse, jail Updated: Jan-15-16 6:12 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The heat's back on at the courthouse and jail in Linn County.