- Deaths highlight hidden danger from municipal storm drains Updated: May-27-15 11:38 pm
The drowning of an Oklahoma firefighter and a Texas teenager in storms that swept through those states highlight the persistent dangers posed by storm drains that help protect neighborhoods during flash flooding but can suck in unsuspecting residents and rescue workers.
- 4 charged with shipping guns to Lebanon to remain in custody Updated: May-15-15 5:44 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Four relatives charged with stockpiling weapons in Iowa to ship to Lebanon were making money trafficking arms in a war-torn region and may have ties to Hezbollah, federal investigators said Friday.
- Des Moines challenging state ruling on traffic cameras Updated: May-15-15 6:21 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines officials intend to keep operating its traffic cameras along Interstate 235 while the city goes to court, challenging a state ruling that the cameras must be turned off.
- Iowa taxidermist pleads guilty to trafficking rhino horns Updated: May-13-15 6:59 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A taxidermist has pleaded guilty to purchasing and transporting black rhinoceros horns from Oregon to Iowa.
- Man gets 25 years in fatal stabbing on Meskwaki Settlement Updated: May-13-15 5:56 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A man convicted of murder in connection with a fatal stabbing on the Meskwaki Settlement in central Iowa has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Judge orders fine for Iowa widow who split up bank deposits Updated: May-13-15 4:01 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - An Iowa widow who admitted to illegally splitting up bank deposits of her late husband's legally earned cash must pay a $2,500 fine in addition to giving up nearly $19,000 the IRS seized from her account, a judge ruled Wednesday.
- Vets confirm first known case of rare dog disease in Iowa Updated: May-07-15 11:55 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Veterinarians have confirmed the first known case of a rare, deadly dog disease in Iowa.
- Iowa veteran hopeful plane parts belong to B-17 bomber Updated: May-06-15 2:44 pm
HIAWATHA, Iowa - A World War II veteran from Cedar Rapids believes wreckage of a plane recently found by a fisherman in France belongs to a B-17 bomber he was aboard when it crashed more than 70 years ago.
- 1 person killed, 2 taken to hospital after head-on collision Updated: Apr-30-15 6:12 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - One person is dead and two others have been taken to the hospital following a head-on collision in Cedar Rapids.