- TVA looks to remove floating houses from state reservoirs Updated: Apr-27-16 5:38 pm
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - Several local and state officials and houseboat owners are opposed to the Tennessee Valley Authority's move to remove floating houses from its reservoirs in Tennessee and other states after a study showed a large number of the homes have been built and docked over the past 10 years.
- Eastern Tennessee unveils prescription drug abuse center Updated: Apr-22-16 1:39 pm
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - East Tennessee State University has announced the formation of a new research center that will focus on combating the prescription-drug-abuse epidemic in the region.
- Police reveal names of 2 found dead in Johnson City home Updated: Apr-20-16 4:26 am
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - Police have identified the bodies of two people who were found dead earlier this week in a Johnson City apartment.
- East Tennessee State gives Steve Forbes $30,000 raise Updated: Apr-11-16 4:31 pm
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - East Tennessee State coach Steve Forbes has received a $30,000 raise after leading the Buccaneers to a 24-12 record in his first season.
- Tennessee AP, MTSU present 2016 news excellence awards Updated: Apr-09-16 11:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville TV station WTVF and the Chattanooga Times Free Press received top honors in the 2016 Tennessee Associated Press Broadcasters and Media Editors annual contest.
- Haslam shakeup of public universities gains final approval Updated: Apr-04-16 7:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's plan to spin off four-year public universities from the Tennessee Board of Regents system gained final approval in the state Legislature on Monday.
- Tennessee Valley Authority approves solar power proposals Updated: Apr-04-16 4:18 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority has approved proposals for new solar power installations by four local power companies in three states.