- Q&A: A look at the new leader of Afghanistan's Taliban Updated: Jul-30-15 6:43 pm
Mullah Mohammad Akhtar Mansoor, who has been tapped to succeed Mullah Mohammad Omar as the Taliban's leader, is said to have close ties with authorities in Pakistan.
- Pakistan to host second round of Kabul-Taliban talks Updated: Jul-28-15 11:04 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is finalizing preparations to host the second round of landmark peace talks between Afghan government officials and the Taliban later this week, two Pakistani officials said Tuesday.
- Police say gunmen kill local US Embassy employee in Pakistan Updated: Jul-26-15 9:01 am
ISLAMABAD - Police say gunmen have killed a local employee of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, though a motive for the attack is still unclear.
- Top Pakistani model accused of carrying cash freed from jail Updated: Jul-16-15 9:07 am
ISLAMABAD - A top Pakistani model Ayaan Ali was freed from a high-security jail near the capital Thursday, four months after she was caught trying to fly to Dubai with half a million dollars in cash stashed in her luggage, a defense lawyer said.
- India, Pakistan trade blame as border exchanges kill 5 Updated: Jul-16-15 8:46 am
ISLAMABAD - India and Pakistan traded blame on Thursday for a series of firefights and shelling over the past two days along their border in the disputed Kashmir region that killed five civilians and wounded nine people.
- Afghan president thanks Pakistan for hosting Taliban talks Updated: Jul-10-15 11:06 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan president has thanked Pakistan's prime minister for hosting the first official face-to-face talks between the Kabul government and the Taliban.
- Pakistan terms Afghan-Taliban peace talks a 'breakthrough' Updated: Jul-09-15 5:52 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's foreign ministry says this week's landmark peace talks between representatives of the Afghan government and the Taliban were a "breakthrough" and that the two sides will meet again at a mutually agreed place after the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.