- Pakistan PM in Kabul discusses Taliban Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- Pakistani activists accuse outed US spy of murder Updated: Nov-27-13 5:42 pm
- Pakistan releases 3 senior Taliban prisoners Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- Senior militant leader shot dead in Islamabad Updated: Nov-11-13 12:50 pm
- Malala plotter chosen as Pakistani Taliban chief Updated: Nov-07-13 2:03 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pakistan's prime minister said Saturday that the recent release of a senior Taliban leader shows he is committed to helping bring peace to Afghanistan.
ISLAMABAD - Rising anger over deadly drone attacks spurred a Pakistani political party Wednesday to reveal the secret identity of what it said was the top U.S. spy in the country. It demanded he be tried for murder, another blow to already jagged relations between the two nations.
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistani government released three senior Taliban prisoners Tuesday in an attempt to jumpstart stuttering peace talks with the Afghan government, the latest in a wave of detainees freed to help negotiations, said Pakistani and Taliban officials.
ISLAMABAD - Gunmen killed a senior leader of one of the most feared militant groups fighting U.S. troops in Afghanistan when he stopped to buy fresh bread from a bakery on the outskirts of Pakistan's capital, members of the militant organization and an eyewitness said Monday.
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan - The ruthless commander behind the attack on teenage activist Malala Yousafzai as well as a series of bombings and beheadings was chosen Thursday as the leader of the Pakistani Taliban, nearly a week after a U.S. drone strike killed the previous chief.