- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 10:15 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- US Marshals seek fugitive accused of murder, armed robbery Updated: Apr-28-16 9:45 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - U.S. Marshals in Alabama and Florida are seeking a fugitive wanted for murder, attempted murder and armed robbery.
- House approves prison construction after lengthy debate Updated: Apr-28-16 8:51 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House of Representatives on Thursday approved Gov. Robert Bentley's $800 million prison construction proposal, but with a major condition.
- Lawmakers restart impeachment push against Bentley Updated: Apr-28-16 6:23 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have gathered enough signatures to reignite an effort to impeach Gov. Robert Bentley.
- Birmingham Water Works board spat brings Senate to a halt Updated: Apr-28-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A heated disagreement over a municipal water works board bill led to an early adjournment of the Alabama Senate.
- Federal lawsuit challenges Alabama minimum wage law Updated: Apr-28-16 5:31 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A federal lawsuit was filed Thursday challenging a state law that blocked Birmingham city leaders from implementing a planned minimum wage increase.
- Marine, girlfriend get life in prison for killing man's wife Updated: Apr-28-16 4:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Marine Corps veteran and his girlfriend have both been sentenced to life in prison for killing the veteran's wife three years ago.
- After 38 years, well-known Auburn barbecue spot to close Updated: Apr-28-16 3:38 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - After 38 years in Auburn, Price's Barbecue House will close at the end of May.
- That foul odor in southeast Alabama? Chicken manure Updated: Apr-28-16 9:19 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - What's that smell?
- German manufacturing company to open plant in Auburn Updated: Apr-28-16 7:06 am
AUBURN, Alabama - A German manufacturing company is planning to open its first U.S. plant in Auburn, creating 100 jobs.
- Committee passes watered-down payday loan bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:38 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A House committee on Wednesday shelved a bill that would have given borrowers up to six months to repay payday loans, but agreed to send a watered-down version to the House for a full vote.
- Alabama legislature passes medical marijuana oil bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama legislature on Wednesday voted to decriminalize medicinal marijuana oil possession.
- Feds set short red snapper season in Gulf; Alabama differs Updated: Apr-27-16 6:36 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - The federal government says private recreational anglers will have only nine days to fish for red snapper in the Gulf of Mexico this summer, but at least one Gulf state said Wednesday that won't apply in its waters.
- State officials probing Cullman police shooting Updated: Apr-27-16 6:30 pm
CULLMAN, Alabama - The State Bureau of Investigation is probing a police shooting in Cullman.
- Chief justice says ethics complaints should be dismissed Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore says a judicial ethics panel should dismiss complaints filed against him as he fought to keep gays and lesbians from marrying in the state.
- Committee approves bill dividing BP settlement Updated: Apr-27-16 4:51 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama would use settlement money from the 2010 BP oil spill to pay off state debts and pay for road projects in coastal counties, under a last-minute compromise approved Wednesday by a budget committee.
- Drug charges dropped against son of Alabama chief justice Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
TROY, Alabama - Drug charges against the son of Alabama's chief justice have been dropped.
- Sex charges dropped against ex-teacher who married student Updated: Apr-27-16 2:52 pm
ONEONTA, Alabama - Charges were dropped Wednesday against an Alabama teacher accused of having sex with a student he later married.
- Alabama city passes transgender bathroom ordinance Updated: Apr-27-16 2:34 pm
OXFORD, Alabama - People in an Alabama city who use public restrooms intended for a gender other than what is listed on their birth certificate will be punished under an ordinance officials passed this week.
- Powerful storms threaten Louisiana, parts of Deep South Updated: Apr-27-16 1:20 pm
ATLANTA - Parts of Louisiana were under a severe thunderstorm watch Wednesday as storms began firing up over parts of the Deep South.
- Tornado outbreak, 5 years later: Piecing lives back together Updated: Apr-27-16 11:57 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - On April 27, 2011, a series of tornadoes killed hundreds of people, injured thousands and reduced countless buildings to rubble across a swath of the U.S.
- Alabama VFW official arrested on theft charge Updated: Apr-27-16 11:48 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama leader of a national veterans group has been arrested on a charge of embezzling from the organization.
- Police shoot, wound suspect in northern Alabama Updated: Apr-27-16 11:43 am
CULLMAN, Alabama - Police say a suspect in a police chase has been shot and wounded by an officer in northern Alabama.
- NASCAR suspends crew chief for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 1 race Updated: Apr-27-16 10:55 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The crew chief for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has been suspended for Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway for a technical violation found last weekend.
- The Latest: Severe thunderstorm watch expanded in Louisiana Updated: Apr-27-16 10:42 am
ATLANTA - The Latest on thunderstorms moving across south Louisiana (all times local):