- AP source: Rockies trade SS Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays Updated: Jul-28-15 5:11 am
DENVER - After all that speculation the past couple of years, the Colorado Rockies finally traded Troy Tulowitzki.
- Ala. woman arrested in 20-year-old cold case disappearance Updated: Jul-27-15 8:44 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say an arrest has been made in a 20-year-old cold case that is now being classified as a homicide.
- Correction: Movie Theater Shooting-Timeline story Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
In a timeline of the life of Louisiana movie theater gunman John Russell Houser, The Associated Press, relying on court filings his family's lawyer submitted to obtain a protective order against him in 2008, reported erroneously that a Carroll County probate judge ordered him committed involuntarily to a mental hospital. Judge Betty Cason says her order was limited to ordering deputies to deliver Houser against his will if necessary to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Correction: Movie Theater Shooting story Updated: Jul-27-15 5:48 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - In stories published July 25 about Louisiana movie theater gunman John Russell Houser, The Associated Press, relying on court filings his family's lawyer submitted to obtain a protective order against him in 2008, reported erroneously that Carroll County Probate Judge Betty Cason ordered him committed involuntarily to a hospital for mental health treatment. Cason says her order was limited to detaining Houser against his will if necessary and delivering him to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Escaped prisoner from Elmore recaptured Updated: Jul-27-15 4:49 pm
ELMORE, Alabama - Alabama prison officials say they've captured an inmate who escaped from the Draper Correctional Facility in Elmore.
- Heroin overdose kills woman found lying behind vacant house Updated: Jul-27-15 3:55 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Jefferson County sheriff's officials have determined the cause of death of a woman found lying behind a vacant home in Forestdale.
- 2 people rescued after becoming lost in rugged terrain Updated: Jul-27-15 12:44 pm
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - Rescuers were able to find two people reported missing after they got lost while fishing and hiking through the High Falls area of DeKalb County.
- Montgomery No. 1 in nation for STDs Updated: Jul-27-15 11:10 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery is the most sexually diseased city in the nation.
- Officials ask for proposals for Tuscaloosa skate park mural Updated: Jul-27-15 4:34 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Artists are being encouraged to send concepts for a skateboarding mural to be installed at a Tuscaloosa skate park.
- Crews recover man's body from Tennessee River Updated: Jul-26-15 12:16 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - Sheriff's officials in Limestone County say they've recovered the body of a 54-year-old Athens man from the Tennessee River.
- Crews search Black Warrior River for missing girl Updated: Jul-26-15 12:04 pm
DEMOPOLIS, Alabama - Alabama marine police are searching for a girl in the Black Warrior River after reports that she fell off a boat.
- Man shot, killed during fight in northern Alabama town Updated: Jul-26-15 11:55 am
GRANT, Alabama - Marshall County sheriff's officials are investigating the killing of a man in the northern Alabama town of Grant.
- Huntsville shooting leaves man dead, woman severely injured Updated: Jul-26-15 11:35 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Huntsville police are searching for a car seen leaving the scene after a shooting that left a man dead and a woman with severe injuries.
- Sales tax holiday approaching in Alabama Updated: Jul-26-15 9:49 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - An upcoming sales tax holiday is expected to offer Alabama shoppers savings on back-to-school supplies.
- SD Civil Air Patrol cadet attending national training camp Updated: Jul-26-15 9:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Civil Air Patrol cadet from South Dakota is attending a prestigious national training camp at an Air Force Base in Alabama.
- Balloons released in memory of loved ones during ceremony Updated: Jul-26-15 9:05 am
SELMA, Alabama - Dozens of butterflies were supposed to be released on July 21 in memory of loved ones at AseraCare Hospice's annual "A Butterfly to Remember" ceremony, but pink and white balloons were released instead.
- Albertville church hosts regular blood drives for 3 decades Updated: Jul-26-15 9:05 am
ALBERTVILLE, Alabama - For the past three decades, twice-a-year American Red Cross blood drives have been a constant at North Broad Street Church of Christ.
- Birmingham baseball team hosting peanut-free night Updated: Jul-26-15 9:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Birmingham Barons are stripping peanuts from Regions Field for a night so fans with severe allergies can attend a baseball game.
- German automaker to build plant in Auburn Updated: Jul-25-15 9:05 am
AUBURN, Alabama - A German automaker has announced plans to build its first U.S. manufacturing plant in Alabama.
- Alabama man accused of impersonating officer arrested Updated: Jul-24-15 5:31 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - Authorities say a man driving a vehicle with blue lights on its roof is charged with impersonating an officer.
- Remains of missing Ala. man found in mobile home freezer Updated: Jul-24-15 5:04 pm
GREENVILLE, Alabama - Authorities in south Alabama say a missing man's remains have been found in his freezer and a person of interest has been taken into custody.
- Tuscaloosa NAACP president seeking police review panel Updated: Jul-24-15 3:11 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The leader of the Tuscaloosa chapter of the NAACP says the city needs a citizens' advisory board to strengthen ties between police and the community after a man who was pepper sprayed by officers died while he was being taken into custody.
- Ala. introducing online license renewal options Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency says it has taken steps to address long license renewal lines by upgrading and modernizing the state's driver license system.
- Zoo Atlanta to release snakes in Alabama forest Updated: Jul-24-15 2:03 pm
ATLANTA - Zoo Atlanta officials say they're planning to release nine eastern indigo snakes in the Conecuh National Forest in southern Alabama.
- Supervisor arrested for grand larceny Updated: Jul-24-15 1:50 pm
CORINTH, Mississippi - A local official in Mississippi is charged with grand larceny after authorities say he allegedly posed as an auto parts store employee and took a money bag.