- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 9:48 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- 7 crashes, boat fatalities reported during holiday weekend Updated: Jul-06-15 6:56 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Law Enforcement Agency officials say seven fatalities were reported on the state's roads and waterways over the holiday weekend.
- More Alabama counties issuing same-sex marriage licenses Updated: Jul-06-15 6:37 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Additional Alabama counties on Monday said they were now willing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, as some opposition to the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized gay marriage nationwide fades away.
- Body found in Black Warrior River identified as missing man Updated: Jul-06-15 5:53 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Police say a body found in the Black Warrior River has been identified as a missing Tuscaloosa County man.
- Police: Birmingham cab driver shot during attempted robbery Updated: Jul-06-15 1:56 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say a cab driver was shot and critically injured during an attempted armed robbery.
- Woman dies after she's found in water as fireworks show ends Updated: Jul-06-15 7:53 am
SHEFFIELD, Alabama - Authorities say a woman had died after she was found in a creek as a fireworks festival wrapped up in Sheffield.
- Alabama town removes Christian flag after legal threat Updated: Jul-05-15 3:14 pm
GLENCOE, Alabama - City officials in Glencoe say they've removed a banner described as a Christian flag from its long-time place in front of the city's police department.
- Kayak accident leaves 1 man dead, another man hospitalized Updated: Jul-05-15 12:16 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - Authorities say one man has died and another is hospitalized after a kayaking accident on a lake in Athens.
- Memphis Symphony eyes move to Midtown Updated: Jul-05-15 10:53 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Symphony Orchestra president and CEO Roland Valliere is not shy when it comes to talking about the future of the organization.
- High School Athletic Association plans for homeschoolers Updated: Jul-05-15 10:40 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - After years of playing defense, the Alabama High School Athletic Association is beginning to change its game plan on allowing home-schooled students to participate in public school sports.
- Russellville man helping plan march from Selma to Washington Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 am
RUSSELLVILLE, Alabama - A march starting in Selma and weaving 860 miles through multiple states before culminating in a rally at the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C., may sound like something that took place during the height of the civil rights movement in the 1960s.
- Selma field to once again have its own Green Monster Updated: Jul-05-15 9:20 am
SELMA, Alabama - Selma's Bloch Park once had its own version of the Green Monster, a giant green wall at Fenway Park in Boston, but it was blown down by a hurricane around 10 years ago.
- National archery competition continues in Decatur Updated: Jul-05-15 5:58 am
DECATUR, Alabama - A national archery competition is headed to a close.
- New Alabama law penalizes drag race watchers Updated: Jul-04-15 3:59 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A new law in Alabama will penalize those who watch illegal drag races in addition to punishing the drivers.
- Man killed in Montgomery shooting Updated: Jul-04-15 2:38 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A man has been killed in a shooting in Montgomery.
- Auburn firefighter donates bone marrow to save patient Updated: Jul-04-15 2:31 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - As a firefighter, saving lives is included in the job description.
- Bentley: Removing Confederate flags was 'right thing to do' Updated: Jul-04-15 2:31 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley said removing four Confederate flags from the state Capitol was the "right thing to do" and that the state didn't need to go through a fight over the banners.
- Removal of animals from Alabama shelter continues Updated: Jul-04-15 1:49 pm
DECATUR, Alabama - Volunteers will continue removing animals from a shelter in Alabama that's now the focus of a police investigation.
- Demopolis police sergeant fired after misconduct probe Updated: Jul-04-15 11:31 am
DEMOPOLIS, Alabama - A police sergeant in Demopolis has been fired and charged with domestic assault.
- Removal of animals from Lawrence County shelter continues Updated: Jul-04-15 10:46 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Volunteers will continue removing animals from a shelter in Lawrence County that's now the focus of a police investigation.
- Boxing champion to be presented with key to Birmingham Updated: Jul-04-15 9:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham Mayor William Bell is scheduled to present WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder with a key to the city.
- Connecticut police find 'mobile meth lab,' make arrests Updated: Jul-03-15 7:11 pm
VERNON, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they arrested a North Carolina man and a teenage girl after discovering what appeared to be a "mobile meth lab."
- Body found on downtown Birmingham sidewalk Updated: Jul-03-15 3:14 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man found dead on a downtown Birmingham sidewalk appears to have died of a brain aneurysm.
- Decatur inmate escapes after work detail Updated: Jul-03-15 12:54 pm
DECATUR, Alabama - Department of Corrections officials are searching for an escaped inmate in north Alabama.
- Flood advisories issued in parts of north, west Alabama Updated: Jul-03-15 9:43 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning in Huntsville and other areas in western Alabama.