- Would-be jurors questioned in campus slaying trial Updated: Mar-12-14 8:55 am
- Burglars target nonprofit that helps crime victims Updated: Mar-12-14 8:54 am
- Forecasters: Windy, cooler day in store for Ala Updated: Mar-12-14 8:05 am
- Wind gusts of up to 35 mph expected across Alabama Updated: Mar-12-14 6:29 am
- Bill for marijuana derivative expands into study Updated: Mar-11-14 7:35 pm
- Ala. Taco Bell workers arrested in manager's death Updated: Mar-11-14 6:52 pm
- Senate approves expanding Birmingham water board Updated: Mar-11-14 6:52 pm
- Top-ranked Florida, bubble madness at SEC tourney Updated: Mar-11-14 6:36 pm
- Voting Rights Act caravan to DC stops in Raleigh Updated: Mar-11-14 5:44 pm
- 55,000 Alabamians sign up through health exchange Updated: Mar-11-14 5:27 pm
- Southwest bans landings on UPS crash runway Updated: Mar-11-14 4:46 pm
- Common Core sides spar over 'opt out' bill Updated: Mar-11-14 3:39 pm
- Ex-Alabama city leader sentenced in embezzlement Updated: Mar-11-14 3:11 pm
- Bill to limit Ala. legislator lobbying revised Updated: Mar-11-14 2:52 pm
- Coaches All-SEC teams, individual awards Updated: Mar-11-14 2:45 pm
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Mar-11-14 12:43 pm
- Ex-Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd sentenced Updated: Mar-11-14 12:04 pm
- Man shot by Opelika police was airman on way to NC Updated: Mar-11-14 11:29 am
- Go For the Food: Seafood Row on Alabama Gulf Coast Updated: Mar-11-14 11:25 am
- Mobile mayor working on waterfront Updated: Mar-11-14 5:38 am
- More Alabamians filing returns electronically Updated: Mar-11-14 5:37 am
- Ala. committee holds hearing on Common Core bill Updated: Mar-11-14 5:37 am
- TVA spring sport fish survey to begin Updated: Mar-11-14 3:35 am
- 2 Ala. children unresponsive in pool, hospitalized Updated: Mar-10-14 8:02 pm
- Auburn's Barbee enters tourney amid job questions Updated: Mar-10-14 7:02 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - Attorneys are questioning potential jurors in the trial of a man charged in a deadly shooting on a community college campus in Opelika.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama nonprofit devoted to helping crime victims has found itself the victim of a burglary.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Wind gusts of up to 35 mph are expected in much of Alabama as a cold front sweeps across the region, bringing cooler weather to the state.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Wind gusts of up to 35 mph are expected in much of Alabama as a cold front sweeps across the region.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Three police officers are among advocates who appear to be moving closer to achieving what initially was a political longshot: legalizing the use of a marijuana derivative in an election year when Alabama legislators are concerned about the implications of every vote.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery police have arrested two 19-year-old Taco Bell employees in the slaying of the restaurant's night manager.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Senate has voted to expand the Birmingham Water Works board and add members outside of Birmingham.
ATLANTA - For top-ranked Florida, it's nothing more than a warm-up for bigger games to come.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A caravan of civil rights activists from Alabama stopped in North Carolina's capital to bring attention to efforts to restore portions of the Voting Rights Act to more Southern states.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal officials report that more than 55,000 Alabamians have selected a health insurance plan through the federal facilitated health insurance exchange.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Southwest Airlines, prompted by worries about safety alerts from cockpit computers, has barred its pilots from landing on the runway where a UPS cargo jet was trying to land when it crashed at Birmingham's airport last year, the company said Tuesday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - After efforts to repeal Common Core fell flat, a state senator on Tuesday urged lawmakers to let local school systems opt out of the education standards.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An ex-Childersburg city councilwoman has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison in an embezzlement scheme.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A revision to a bill restricting lobbying by former legislators has nearly restored the proposal to its original form.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A list of the coaches All-Southeastern Conference teams, individual awards:
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
MOBILE, Alabama - Former Jackson County, Mississippi, Sheriff Mike Byrd was sentenced Tuesday to six months of home confinement followed by six months of probation during an appearance in federal court in Mobile.
OPELIKA, Alabama - The father of an airman shot by an Opelika police officer says his son suffered serious injuries to his stomach and colon and may never fully recover from his injuries.
MOBILE, Alabama - It's easy to miss some tasty seafood restaurants on Alabama's northern Gulf Coast: They're hidden on a string of islands and peninsulas in the Mobile Delta.
MOBILE, Alabama - Visitors can have a hard time getting to Mobile's waterfront, and Mayor Sandy Stimpson says the city needs to make improvements.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Internal Revenue Service says more Alabamians are filing their tax returns electronically.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A legislative committee will hold a public hearing Tuesday morning on a proposal to let local school systems opt out of the Common Core curriculum standards.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority says its annual spring sport fish survey is starting this week.
SOMERVILLE, Alabama - Two children in north Alabama have been rushed to a local hospital after they were found face-down in a pool.
AUBURN, Alabama - Chris Denson and the Auburn Tigers can't escape the questions about coach Tony Barbee's job security going into the Southeastern Conference tournament.