- Politics in paradise: Alabama governor mansion in disrepair Updated: May-24-15 11:58 am
GULF SHORES, Alabama - With boarded-up windows, peeling paint and a rooftop tarp that flaps in the ocean breeze, the beachfront retreat at the end of Gulf Way Drive is a $1 million eyesore in paradise.
- University begins project to help blind students with math Updated: May-24-15 9:31 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Until he was 13, Logan Prickett did everything a normal child did.
- Rivera's homer lifts Florida past LSU 2-1 in SEC Tournament Updated: May-23-15 8:47 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Mike Rivera homered to open the top of the ninth inning and Florida beat LSU 2-1 on Saturday to advance to the Southeastern Conference Tournament championship game.
- Escaped Cullman County inmate recaptured Updated: May-23-15 5:29 pm
CULLMAN, Alabama - Authorities say an inmate who escaped from the Cullman County jail has been recaptured.
- Ala. man dies after crashing motorcycle into tree Updated: May-23-15 5:20 pm
CHILDERSBURG, Alabama - Authorities say a motorcyclist who refused to pull over for a state trooper died after crashing into a tree.
- Vanderbilt rides power surge to 12-3 win over Texas A&M Updated: May-23-15 5:03 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Dansby Swanson, Will Toffey and Zander Wiel all homered to help Vanderbilt power its way to a 12-3 victory over Texas A&M Saturday in the semifinals of the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- Ala. military mom surprises son during graduation ceremony Updated: May-23-15 3:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - An Alabama military veteran surprised her son by meeting him on stage during his graduation ceremony in Tuscaloosa.
- Agent fired from Alabama AG's office to appeal termination Updated: May-23-15 1:52 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A special agent who was fired from the state attorney general's office says he's appealing his termination to the state Personnel Board.
- Tuscaloosa City Schools to begin using propane fueled buses Updated: May-23-15 12:29 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - School buses that are mostly fueled by propane will soon begin shuttling students to and from school in Tuscaloosa.
- Freed from death row: 'I refuse to give them my joy' Updated: May-23-15 11:14 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In his first day free, after nearly 30 years on Alabama's death row, Ray Hinton said he kept asking a question to his childhood friend.
- North Haven chaplain, 70, helps seafarers at Conn. ports Updated: May-23-15 3:05 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Ruth Setaro knew the man was trying to convey a serious problem.
- Florida blanks Arkansas 10-0 at SEC Tournament Updated: May-22-15 9:57 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - A.J. Puk threw a seven-inning complete game and had 11 strikeouts to lead Florida over Arkansas 10-0 on Friday night at the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- World record American alligator on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 9:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Mandy Stokes was wearing pearls the night she caught a monster on the Alabama River.
- Vanderbilt easily beats Alabama 16-1 at SEC tournament Updated: May-22-15 7:07 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Vanderbilt pounded out 19 hits, including eight doubles, to easily beat Alabama 16-1 on Friday in the Southeastern Conference.
- Alabama unemployment rate increases slightly in April Updated: May-22-15 6:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's jobless rate ticked up slightly to 5.8 percent in April after months of steady decline.
- Son of Mobile mayor accused of impersonating officer Updated: May-22-15 6:02 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - The son of Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson is accused of impersonating a peace officer.
- Couple wanted by Missouri police found in Alabama Updated: May-22-15 3:43 pm
GULF SHORES, Alabama - Authorities in coastal Alabama say a man wanted after fleeing police in Marshall, Missouri has been taken into custody.
- Jury deadlocks in trial of man charged in officer's death Updated: May-22-15 1:55 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A judge declared a mistrial Friday in the case of a man charged with capital murder in the death of an off-duty Birmingham police officer.
- Father of slain Ala girl sentenced to prison on gun charge Updated: May-22-15 12:47 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - A south Alabama man charged in the death of his 8-year-old daughter is going to federal prison in another case.
- Ala. man charged with shooting into car with children inside Updated: May-22-15 10:17 am
CENTER POINT, Alabama - Authorities say an Birmingham-area man has been charged with attempted murder after he fired a gun into his ex-girlfriend's car while three children were inside.
- New Auburn lab dedicated to radio tracking used by retailers Updated: May-22-15 9:22 am
AUBURN, Alabama - It started with a single project and then a basement laboratory.
- Ala. county approves bigger tax breaks for Mercedes-Benz Updated: May-22-15 8:02 am
VANCE, Alabama - Tuscaloosa County officials have approved larger tax breaks for Mercedes-Benz to help offset expansion costs at the automaker's plant in Vance.
- Fairhope man sentenced in 2012 shooting of 2 young children Updated: May-22-15 7:41 am
FAIRHOPE, Alabama - An Alabama man has been sentenced to two years in prison for shootings that killed a 5-year-old girl and injured her younger brother three years ago.
- Band director on leave for Facebook post after senior prank Updated: May-22-15 6:43 am
SYLVANIA, Alabama - A band director with Sylvania High School has been placed on administrative leave with pay after posting a rant on Facebook about students who played a messy senior prank on the school.
- Record gator going on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 5:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Wildlife officials are unveiling a unique hunting trophy in Montgomery: The largest American alligator ever killed in the wild.