- Calpine agrees to sell 6 power plants for $1.57B Updated: Apr-21-14 10:40 am
- Gulf Shores police arrest shooting suspect Updated: Apr-21-14 10:10 am
- Huntsville school bus in wreck; no one hurt Updated: Apr-21-14 9:16 am
- Univ. of West Alabama board seeks new president Updated: Apr-21-14 8:53 am
- Ala. man sentenced for copyright violation Updated: Apr-21-14 7:26 am
- 2 men accused of shooting Ala. state trooper Updated: Apr-21-14 7:22 am
- Groundbreaking set for Birmingham beltline road Updated: Apr-21-14 5:34 am
- Body of burned woman found in Fairfield Updated: Apr-20-14 4:16 pm
- Signs to guide visitors to Shoals' music heritage Updated: Apr-20-14 2:44 pm
- Broncos gather for 1st time since Super Bowl flop Updated: Apr-20-14 1:12 pm
- Alabama trooper, 2 suspects wounded in gun battle Updated: Apr-20-14 11:53 am
- Some happy endings for dogs in fighting bust Updated: Apr-20-14 10:44 am
- Alabama pedestrian killed in central Georgia crash Updated: Apr-20-14 10:19 am
- Team takes care of big cats on UNA campus Updated: Apr-20-14 9:10 am
- Alabama governor takes economic tour to BBQ cafe Updated: Apr-20-14 5:34 am
- Marshall leads Auburn 1st team to rout of 2nd team Updated: Apr-19-14 7:29 pm
- Alabama defense dominates spring game Updated: Apr-19-14 7:20 pm
- Auburn spent $3.13 million on BCS trip Updated: Apr-19-14 6:59 pm
- Univ. of North Alabama student faces threat charge Updated: Apr-19-14 3:49 pm
- Millennials often stuck on entry-level carousel Updated: Apr-19-14 1:16 pm
- Shoals region to get its 1st Love's Travel Stop Updated: Apr-19-14 11:31 am
- Majority of legislators accept automatic raise Updated: Apr-19-14 11:14 am
- Heavy rain leads to sewer problems in Dothan Updated: Apr-19-14 11:10 am
- Farley Nuclear Plant conducting exercise Updated: Apr-19-14 5:34 am
- Bo Jackson leading annual charity ride through Ala Updated: Apr-19-14 5:34 am
NEW YORK - Calpine Corp. said Monday that it has agreed to sell six of its power plants, including two in Alabama, to privately-held LS Power Equity Advisors for $1.57 billion.
GULF SHORES, Alabama - Police in Gulf Shores arrested an 18-year-old suspected in the shooting of a Spanish Fort teenager.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Police say no one was injured in a minor wreck involving a Huntsville school bus.
LIVINGSTON, Alabama - The University of West Alabama board of trustees is set to discuss plans to move forward with its decision to find a new president for the school.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An Alabama man faces two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to copyright infringement in November.
HARTFORD, Alabama - Two men face attempted murder charges after a state trooper was wounded in a shootout.
PALMERDALE, Alabama - Officials are breaking ground near Birmingham on a 52-mile road that would complete a perimeter highway around Alabama's largest metropolitan area.
FAIRFIELD, Alabama - Police in Fairfield are investigating after firefighters discovered the burned body of a woman behind a vacant home.
MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama - Signs will soon point visitors to The Shoals region toward the musical landmarks that made the area famous.
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - No trip to the White House, diamond-encrusted rings or ticker tape parade.
HARTFORD, Alabama - An Alabama State Trooper is hospitalized in stable condition after he was wounded in a gun battle that also left two suspects injured on a southeast Alabama road.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Addison, a black and white pit bull, sleeps each night on her owners' bed, snuggling into the curves of their legs. She never caught on to the game of fetch but pushes a basketball around her Annapolis, Maryland backyard. She takes special obedience classes so she can go into elementary schools as parts of an anti-animal cruelty education program.
MACON, Georgia - Authorities say an Alabama truck driver who was walking alongside a central Georgia road was killed after two vehicles collided in the street, and one of the vehicles struck him.
FLORENCE, Alabama - Roberta Mc-Kinney was fascinated by Leo III and Una when they were just lion cubs, learning their way around the outdoor habitat at the University of North Alabama.
DECATUR, Alabama - There's no doubt about what Gov. Robert Bentley will be having for lunch on Monday.
AUBURN, Alabama - Nick Marshall threw four touchdowns in two quarters as Auburn's first team routed its second team 58-3 on Saturday in a spring football game.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Blake Sims' bid to replace AJ McCarron as Alabama's starting quarterback hit a snag Saturday afternoon when the Crimson Tide defense dominated the annual A-Day game at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn's trip to the BCS championship game cost $3.13 million, mostly for transportation and meals.
FLORENCE, Alabama - A University of North Alabama student who police said threatened to "shoot up" the school in an Internet post was charged with making a terroristic threat.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Briana Tony hasn't graduated from college yet, and she's already frustrated with the job market.
TUSCUMBIA, Alabama - The first Love's Travel Stop for the Shoals region of northwest Alabama is set to open later this year.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A majority of Alabama legislators accepted an automatic pay raise this spring, the last one they will receive under a controversial 2007 pay raise resolution.
DOTHAN, Alabama - Heavy rainfall has led to sanitary sewer overflows at some manholes in Dothan.
DOTHAN, Alabama - Officials at the Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan are telling people not to get excited if they see a lot of law enforcement and emergency vehicles around the plant next week.
AUBURN, Alabama - Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson is leading his third annual charity bicycle ride.