- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS era Updated: Dec-08-13 8:51 pm
- Sugar Bowl matches No. 3 Alabama, No. 11 Oklahoma Updated: Dec-08-13 8:47 pm
- SEC back in familiar spot - playing for a title Updated: Dec-08-13 5:42 pm
- Alabama mail man uses boat on delivery route Updated: Dec-08-13 5:16 pm
- Ball State to face Arkansas State in GoDaddy Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 5:12 pm
- Ala. man fatally shot in argument over television Updated: Dec-08-13 2:40 pm
- Woman killed, 2 injured in interstate crash Updated: Dec-08-13 2:32 pm
- Bessemer jail reopening for Birmingham inmates Updated: Dec-08-13 12:30 pm
- Florida State finishes regular season ranked No. 1 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:23 pm
- Ala. city uses 1 camera to issue 784 traffic fines Updated: Dec-08-13 11:35 am
- Alabama county could be out $400, or millions Updated: Dec-08-13 10:29 am
- Q&A: Airbus Chairman discusses suppliers for plant Updated: Dec-08-13 9:13 am
- Food stamp cuts create trouble for school system Updated: Dec-08-13 9:11 am
- House armed forces lawmaker touring Ala. base Updated: Dec-08-13 7:03 am
- FSU rolls, OSU upset, Auburn heads to title game Updated: Dec-08-13 3:08 am
- South Florida hangs on for 66-64 win over Alabama Updated: Dec-08-13 12:21 am
- Mason, No. 3 Auburn beat No. 5 Missouri 59-42 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:20 am
- South Alabama routs Louisiana-Lafayette 30-8 Updated: Dec-07-13 11:35 pm
- Rice beats S. Alabama 96-93 in 3OT on 3 at buzzer Updated: Dec-07-13 9:26 pm
- Troy beats Alabama State 85-69 Updated: Dec-07-13 4:53 pm
- New auto parts manufacturer coming to Macon County Updated: Dec-07-13 4:08 pm
- Mobile man thrown from vehicle, killed in accident Updated: Dec-07-13 3:05 pm
- Alabama man dies ATV crash Updated: Dec-07-13 1:02 pm
- Police charge Calera man in murder of woman Updated: Dec-07-13 10:59 am
- Pickens police investigate possible murder-suicide Updated: Dec-07-13 10:45 am
As college football prepares for the final Bowl Championship Series, featuring a Florida State-Auburn championship game, it's easy to see why the coming four-team playoff won't solve all the postseason problems.
In a rare meeting between two of the nation's most storied programs, No. 3 Alabama and No. 11 Oklahoma will face off Jan. 2 in the Sugar Bowl at New Orleans.
ATLANTA - A week ago, the Southeastern Conference looked as though it had finally been vanquished.
MAGNOLIA SPINGS, Alabama - U.S. Postal Service officials say a south Alabama postman is working the only water delivery mail route in the country.
MOBILE, Alabama - Arkansas State will face Ball State in the GoDaddy Bowl.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say a 56-year-old man was fatally shot during an argument over television use.
HOOVER, Alabama - Hoover police say a woman has been killed and two men were injured in a crash on Interstate 65.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Jefferson County sheriff's officials say a county jail in Bessemer is set to reopen Dec. 16 with nearly 200 inmates transferring from a facility in Birmingham.
Florida State finishes the regular season as No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll, and Auburn has reached No. 2.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The City of Tuscaloosa has used a traffic monitoring camera to issue more than 780 citations in the past three months.
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama - The criminal charge against former Marshall County Revenue Commissioner Joey Masters is serious, but hardly jaw-dropping: He's accused on a single misdemeanor count of taking a few hundred dollars from a petty cash fund in his office.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Airbus Americas Chairman Allan McArtor is high on Alabama, and his opinion of its Capital City is on the rise.
DECATUR, Alabama - The cafeteria scene at Somerville Road Elementary was heartbreaking for reading coach Missy Gann.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A high-ranking lawmaker on the House Armed Forces Committee will soon tour Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The last steps to the BCS championship game summed up their seasons.
TAMPA, Florida - Chris Perry scored 14 points and grabbed 14 rebounds, leading South Florida to a 66-64 victory over Alabama on Saturday night.
ATLANTA - Tre Mason struck a pose - a Heisman Trophy pose.
MOBILE, Alabama - Kendall Houston rushed for two short-yardage touchdowns, and South Alabama took advantage of three first half turnovers to rout Louisiana-Lafayette 30-8 Saturday night.
HOUSTON - Max Guercy hit a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer to give Rice a 96-93 victory of South Alabama in triple overtime.
TROY, Alabama - Kevin Thomas shot 9-for-11 from the field, scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Troy defeated Alabama State 85-69 on Saturday.
SHORTER, Alabama - A Korean auto parts supplier will be opening in Macon County, a region that lost 2,000 jobs when a local casino closed.
MOBILE - Police are investigating a fatal crash in Mobile in which a man was thrown from his vehicle.
AMORY, Mississippi - An Alabama man has died in an ATV accident in Monroe County on Friday.
CALERA, Alabama - Police have arrested a 22-year-old man in the fatal shooting of a woman in Calera.
CARROLLTON, Alabama - Police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide in Pickens County.