- Winter storm threatens Cape Cod with up to 18 inches of snow Updated: Feb-08-16 2:16 pm
BOSTON - The second winter storm in four days to hit the Northeast centered on New England on Monday, bringing howling winds and coastal flooding and threatening Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts with up to 18 inches of snow.
- Cruise ship that sailed in storm headed back to home port Updated: Feb-08-16 1:36 pm
MIAMI - A Royal Caribbean cruise ship ran into high winds and rough seas in the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, forcing frightened passengers into their cabins overnight as their belongings flew about, waves rose as high as 30 feet, and winds howled outside. The cruise line says that although no one was injured and the ship suffered only minor damage, it's turning around and sailing back to its home port in New Jersey.
- The Latest: Cruise ship to turn around, back to New Jersey Updated: Feb-08-16 12:41 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- The Latest: Defense wants stairwell shooting case dismissed Updated: Feb-08-16 12:41 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the trial of a New York City police officer charged in the deadly shooting of an unarmed man (all times local):
- Knicks fire coach Derek Fisher; Rambis interim head coach Updated: Feb-08-16 11:50 am
NEW YORK - Derek Fisher was fired as New York Knicks coach Monday, with his team having lost five straight and nine of 10 to fall well back in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
- Emotional NYC officer testifies on fatal stairwell shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 11:43 am
NEW YORK - A police officer testified emotionally in his own defense Monday about the deadly shooting of an unarmed man in a dark Brooklyn housing project stairwell in 2014.
- Authorities identify pilot of helicopter that tipped over Updated: Feb-08-16 11:38 am
LINDEN, New Jersey - Authorities have identified the pilot of a helicopter who was injured when it tipped over while he was making practice landings at a northern New Jersey airport.
- NYS grant enables Bronx Zoo to protect its historical photos Updated: Feb-08-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - The Wildlife Conservation Society has received a New York state grant that will enable it to protect glass plate and film negatives dating to the founding of the Bronx Zoo and New York Aquarium.
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners Updated: Feb-08-16 10:57 am
NEW YORK - With 30-second Super Bowl ads costing up to $5 million, it's a huge gamble to advertise. As the Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers, there were winners and losers off the field, too. Here are the advertisers whose gamble paid off, and those who dropped the ball.
- Correction officer accused of having sex with inmate Updated: Feb-08-16 7:00 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Rikers Island correction officer has been suspended after having sex with an inmate.
- Police: Woman slashed in thigh while jogging in Queens park Updated: Feb-08-16 6:22 am
NEW YORK - Police say a woman was slashed in her thigh while jogging in a Queens park.
- Officials: Bronx fire leaves at least 19 people hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 am
NEW YORK - Fire officials say at least 19 people were injured in a New York City blaze.
- Super Bowl 50 advertising winners and losers Updated: Feb-07-16 10:54 pm
NEW YORK - The Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers during Super Bowl 50 - and there were clear winners and losers off the field, too.
- Okposo's hat trick lifts Islanders to 8-1 rout of Oilers Updated: Feb-07-16 7:27 pm
- NYC man killed by falling crane eulogized as generous, kind Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - A pedestrian killed by a collapsing crane was eulogized Sunday as a man of kindness and generosity as the final remnants of the crumpled steel were removed from the Manhattan street where they fell.
- Mudiay, Nuggets hand Knicks 5th straight loss Updated: Feb-07-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Emmanuel Mudiay's first game at Madison Square Garden was going so poorly that he apologized to his coach at halftime.
- The Latest: NYC mayor issues construction crane safety plan Updated: Feb-07-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the collapse of a construction crane, which killed a pedestrian (all times local):
- NYC Sanitation is preparing for snow starting early Monday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:42 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Department of Sanitation says it's preparing for possible snow.
- Elizabethtown dog heads to Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Updated: Feb-07-16 10:11 am
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Deb and Kenny Mattingly's French bulldog Watson may look like a typical family pet, but in the world of dog showmanship, he's a champion.
- How Donald Trump, with pizazz and bluster, took on the NFL Updated: Feb-07-16 8:13 am
WASHINGTON - The New Jersey Generals are largely forgotten now - part of the long-defunct and once-upstart United States Football League.
- State historic site exhibit tells history of slavery in NY Updated: Feb-07-16 7:05 am
RENSSELAER, New York - A new exhibit at a state historic site near Albany tells the story of the extensive slave trade that existed when New York was a Dutch colony.
- Police seek suspect after woman raped in Bronx building Updated: Feb-06-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - Police in New York City are searching for a man who they say robbed and then sexually assaulted a woman in the stairwell of a Bronx apartment building.
- New York City teen accused of fatally beating his father Updated: Feb-06-16 9:03 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a New York City man has been arrested and is accused of beating his father to death.
- Radioactive material found in groundwater below nuke plant Updated: Feb-06-16 7:18 pm
BUCHANAN, New York - An apparent overflow at a nuclear power plant north of New York City spilled highly radioactive water into an underground monitoring well, but nuclear regulators said the public isn't at risk.
- St. Francis Brooklyn upsets Fairleigh Dickinson, 85-71 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:47 pm
NEW YORK - Yonus Hopkinson scored 24 points and St. Francis Brooklyn knocked Fairleigh Dickinson into a first-place tie in the Northeast Conference with an 85-71 victory Saturday afternoon.