- Yankees' hitting struggles on display in 8-0 loss to Red Sox Updated: May-01-16 12:30 am
BOSTON - The New York Yankees have had all kind of trouble scoring runs in the opening month of the season.
- Red Sox ride hot bats to hand Yankees 4th straight loss, 8-0 Updated: May-01-16 12:28 am
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. and the Boston Red Sox finished their high-scoring April with another big night at the plate.
- Jesuit priest, peace activist Daniel Berrigan dies at 94 Updated: Apr-30-16 10:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Rev. Daniel Berrigan, a Roman Catholic priest and peace activist who was imprisoned for burning draft files in a protest against the Vietnam War, died Saturday. He was 94.
- Cain's winless streak reaches 12, Giants lose to Mets 6-5 Updated: Apr-30-16 9:11 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Matt Cain found his rhythm, it was too late.
- Mets win 8th straight, Conforto and Flores HR to beat Giants Updated: Apr-30-16 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Conforto and the bats are booming. Jacob deGrom and the pitchers are peaking. And the defense is making the key plays.
- Mendoza breaks tie in 73rd, NYC beats Whitecaps 3-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Steven Mendoza broke a tie in the 73rd minute and New York City FC beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 3-2 on Saturday to snap a seven-game winless streak.
- New York City man gets 60 years in 2008 Norwich killing Updated: Apr-30-16 5:10 pm
NORWICH, Connecticut - A New York City man convicted in the 2008 shooting death of a man outside a Connecticut bar has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
- Bloomberg tells graduates to be wary of partisan politics Updated: Apr-30-16 4:43 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Businessman and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told graduates at the University of Michigan to be wary of partisan politics and intolerance.
- New Yorkers line up to have warrants forgiven without arrest Updated: Apr-30-16 1:10 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of New Yorkers are standing in line to clear open warrants from their records without arrest.
- Probe of NYC mayor casts harsh light on lax campaign laws Updated: Apr-30-16 12:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - A probe swirling around New York City's mayor has cast a harsh light on some of the nation's most lax campaign finance laws, with contribution limits so easy to get around that even government watchdogs acknowledge a ring of truth to the familiar excuse: Hey, everybody's doing it.
- NYPD rescues man whose kayak was sinking off Coney Island Updated: Apr-30-16 12:12 pm
NEW YORK - NYPD officers have rescued a kayaker whose vessel was sinking off Coney Island.
- Cowabunga! Ninja Turtles are official NYC ambassadors Updated: Apr-30-16 11:49 am
NEW YORK - Cowabunga, dudes! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are New York City's official family ambassadors for 2016.
- Wee-lief! Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own Updated: Apr-30-16 9:22 am
NEW YORK - Little Simba couldn't wait to check it out.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- NY congressional candidate says rival falsified petitions Updated: Apr-29-16 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - A New York congressional candidate is accusing one of his rivals of submitting "fraudulent signatures" on nominating petitions required to get on the ballot for the Democratic primary.
- Top prospect Fulmer called up by Tigers to start vs Twins Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 pm
- Cespedes returns from bruised thigh, back in Mets' lineup Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes is back in the New York Mets' lineup after missing five starts with a bruised right thigh.
- NYC police officer guilty of stomping on suspect's head Updated: Apr-29-16 5:33 pm
NEW YORK - Finding him guilty of misdemeanor assault, a judge said a New York City police officer "gratuitously" stomped on a suspect's head as fellow officers tried to handcuff the man.
- Top skippers ready for Transat from England to Brooklyn Updated: Apr-29-16 5:04 pm
Several top ocean racers are ready for the Transat, the world's oldest solo trans-Atlantic race from Plymouth, England, to New York.
- Brazil police arrest Colombian drug trafficker Updated: Apr-29-16 3:49 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian police say they have arrested a Colombian man wanted on drug gang charges in his home country and in the U.S.
- Cops: Connecticut man arrested with loaded gun at NY airport Updated: Apr-29-16 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Connecticut man has been arrested after they discovered he was carrying a loaded handgun during a security screening at LaGuardia Airport.
- NYC mayor says corruption probe won't affect re-election bid Updated: Apr-29-16 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says a widening corruption probe won't have an impact on his decision to run for re-election.
- Are you ready to replace your moisturizer with a pill? Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 pm
MIAMI - The makeup industry is trying to convince women that looking good on the outside starts from within - but it's unclear whether the products they're trying to hawk are safe and effective.
- Jury: Firm not liable for burns blamed on exploding body wax Updated: Apr-29-16 9:25 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A jury says a New York company isn't responsible for burns a northeastern Pennsylvania woman said were caused by a bottle of exploding body wax.
- New York police: Man offers boy up for sex in Central Park Updated: Apr-29-16 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Authorities in New York City are looking for a man who they say offered a boy up for sex to a passer-by in Central Park.