- Apartheid abuse cases against Ford, IBM go ahead Updated: Apr-17-14 8:31 pm
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls Updated: Apr-17-14 8:04 pm
- Knicks' season over, focus is on Anthony's future Updated: Apr-17-14 7:42 pm
- Days after shooting, 'Virunga' premiers at Tribeca Updated: Apr-17-14 7:40 pm
- Teixeira hopes to rejoin the Yankees on Sunday Updated: Apr-17-14 6:47 pm
- US tells jury Egyptian imam pursued global terror Updated: Apr-17-14 6:34 pm
- Old timey car to replace NYC horse carriages shown Updated: Apr-17-14 6:04 pm
- NY jobless rate up slightly in March to 6.9 pct. Updated: Apr-17-14 4:26 pm
- Ex-NBA player: Re-entry tougher than serving time Updated: Apr-17-14 4:24 pm
- NYC to change maligned Sandy rebuilding program Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- Arizona's losing streak up to 6 games Updated: Apr-17-14 4:21 pm
- NY expanding computerized court records Updated: Apr-17-14 3:51 pm
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78 Updated: Apr-17-14 3:01 pm
- Woman moves stranger's vehicle; key fit 2 cars Updated: Apr-17-14 2:07 pm
- More NY first responders carrying opioid antidote Updated: Apr-17-14 1:40 pm
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies Updated: Apr-17-14 12:46 pm
- Court extends NYC officer's weapons case in India Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Next phase of Lincoln Tunnel Helix work to begin Updated: Apr-17-14 9:22 am
- NYC schools chancellor: Arts teach valuable skills Updated: Apr-17-14 6:19 am
- Nas kicks off Tribeca with documentary, concert Updated: Apr-17-14 6:04 am
- Fund raises thousands for exonerated NYC man Updated: Apr-17-14 5:56 am
- White wash: Yanks sweep Cubs 3-0, 2-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:57 pm
- Knicks beat Raptors, who get No. 3 seed anyway Updated: Apr-16-14 11:50 pm
- Nets rest starters, lose 114-85 to Cavaliers Updated: Apr-16-14 11:37 pm
NEW YORK - A federal judge in New York has given new life to lawsuits that seek to hold IBM and Ford liable for apartheid abuses carried out by South Africa's government.
NEW YORK - A New York City taxi driver has been arrested on charges he stole $28,000 in tolls by "piggybacking" on vehicles through E-Z Pass lanes while crossing the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge.
GREENBURGH, New York - Carmelo Anthony said he wants to stay in New York, and said he wants to win.
NEW YORK - Days after the director of Africa's oldest national park was shot by gunmen, a documentary about those who protect Virunga National Park from armed poachers and encroaching oil interests premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
TAMPA, Florida - Mark Teixeira could be back in the New York Yankees' lineup Sunday.
NEW YORK - The imam of a London mosque used his influential position in the late 1990s to train and aid terrorists and used the cover of his religion to hide in plain sight, a prosecutor told jurors in his opening statement Thursday before a defense attorney promised that the defendant will explain himself during the trial.
NEW YORK - An electric car that proponents hope will replace horse-drawn carriages in New York City was presented Thursday at the New York International Auto Show, as critics expressed their distaste for the idea.
ALBANY, New York - The state labor department says the unemployment rate was up slightly to 6.9 percent in March from 6.8 percent in February.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Former NBA player Jayson Williams says re-entering society after serving time for fatally shooting a chauffeur in 2002 was more difficult than being in prison.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled a sweeping report Thursday that examined New York City's recovery progress from Superstorm Sandy and promised to reform a much-maligned program that was supposed to rebuild wrecked homes.
PHOENIX - The pitching staff has struggled, at the front end this time instead of the back.
ALBANY, New York - In the transition from paper to computer records, state courts have expanded electronic filing of civil cases to New York City, Long Island and 10 upstate counties with free public access to most information.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rican salsa legend Cheo Feliciano died in a car accident early Thursday, prompting the governor of the U.S. territory to declare three days of mourning.
NEW YORK - A Brooklyn woman says her mother accidentally moved a stranger's car with a key that fit two vehicles.
NEW YORK - New York City officials say more first responders on Staten Island are carrying an overdose antidote in response to the borough's heroin and pain pill addiction problem.
NEW YORK - Basil Paterson, a longtime New York political powerhouse and the father of former Gov. David Paterson, has died, his family said Thursday. He was 87.
NEW DELHI - An Indian court said Thursday it won't rule before July 1 in the case of a New York City police officer arrested in New Delhi on a weapons charge.
WEEHAWKEN, New Jersey - Motorists will face detours as work continues on the Helix leading to the Lincoln Tunnel.
NEW YORK - New York City's Schools chancellor says the arts can teach children valuable skills and to develop a work ethic.
NEW YORK - The raw New York lyricism of Nas kicked off the 13th annual Tribeca Film Festival with an exuberant hip-hop beat.
NEW YORK - A recently exonerated man who spent nearly 25 years behind bars for a killing that happened while he was at Disney World is getting help from dozens of well-wishers who have contributed to an online fund for him.
NEW YORK - There was nothing mysterious about Michael Pineda's performance this time. Masahiro Tanaka's dominant outing was pretty straight forward, too.
NEW YORK - The Knicks lingered on the court, soaking in the cheers from the fans wearing those giveaway orange shirts that were probably meant for the playoffs.
CLEVELAND - The Nets lounged their way into the NBA playoffs.