- The Latest: Indianapolis interstate shuts down after pileup Updated: Feb-14-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on winter weather affecting much of the eastern half of the United States (all times local):
- Northeast wakes up to record cold for Valentine's Day Updated: Feb-14-16 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - For much of the northeast United States, Valentine's Day was the coldest on record, with people bundling up for the not-so-warm embrace of teeth-chattering temperatures.
- Schumer slams Obama budget cuts to anti-terror funds Updated: Feb-14-16 4:36 pm
NEW YORK - Sen. Charles Schumer is slamming a White House proposal that would reduce funding for counterterrorism programs across the country by nearly $300 million.
- Man pleads not guilty in stabbings of woman, 3 children Updated: Feb-14-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - A man arrested in the stabbings of his girlfriend and her three small children has pleaded not guilty to charges including murder and attempted murder.
- Yankees' Tanaka gets through mound session problem-free Updated: Feb-14-16 1:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has gotten through his first mound session since October elbow surgery problem-free.
- Child prodigy from Chile pursues 2 doctorates from Rutgers Updated: Feb-14-16 11:05 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - Patricio Molina was famous before he knew it. When he was 3, he showed up to a TV studio with a pacifier and captivated a national audience, playing the piano with a fluency and poise that belied the sight of a tiny boy whose shiny black shoes didn't reach the ground.
- The Latest: Suspect arrested in stabbing of woman, 3 kids Updated: Feb-13-16 11:28 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the hotel stabbing that left a 26-year-old woman and her two small children dead. (all times local):
- The Latest: Zach LaVine takes flight, wins 2nd dunk contest Updated: Feb-13-16 10:43 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Saturday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Crawford scores 22 and Manhattan holds off Marist 81-73 Updated: Feb-13-16 9:42 pm
POUGHKEEPSIE, New York - Sophomore Calvin Crawford, who missed the first nine games of the season, scored a career-high 22 points as Manhattan held off Marist 81-73 Saturday night.
- Celebrating video game touchdown, teen shoots friend Updated: Feb-13-16 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a 15-year-old whipped out a gun and accidentally shot a friend in the face as he celebrated a video game touchdown.
- Carmelo Anthony says he has no plans to leave Knicks Updated: Feb-13-16 3:45 pm
TORONTO - Carmelo Anthony said Saturday he has no plans to leave the New York Knicks and is angry about a report linking him to trade talks.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Harlem barroom shooting Updated: Feb-13-16 2:07 pm
NEW YORK - Police say one man has been killed and another has been wounded in a barroom shooting in Harlem.
- Horse racing canceled in NYC because of bitter cold Updated: Feb-13-16 10:17 am
NEW YORK - Racing officials have canceled all races at New York's Aqueduct Racetrack because of extreme cold and high winds.
- NYC waters are teeming with plastic particles, study finds Updated: Feb-13-16 10:01 am
NEW YORK - The waterways surrounding New York City are a soup of plastic, ranging from discarded takeout containers down to tiny beads that end up in the food supply, according to a new report by an environmental group.
- Rising Stars: LaVine, US beat Wiggins, World 157-154 Updated: Feb-12-16 11:50 pm
TORONTO - Zach LaVine hoisted the MVP trophy above his head, laughing along with Minnesota Timberwolves teammates Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns as he stood on the podium.
- Pearson's overtime goal powers Kings to 5-4 win over Rangers Updated: Feb-12-16 11:26 pm
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Kings often work overtime. And it's paying off for them in a big way.
- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Carmelo Anthony voted to player union's executive committee Updated: Feb-12-16 8:39 pm
TORONTO - New York Knicks All-Star Carmelo Anthony has been elected to the NBA Players Association's executive committee as a vice president.
- Truck driver arrested after pedestrian killed in Manhattan Updated: Feb-12-16 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - A truck driver has been arrested after he struck and killed a pedestrian in front of the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City.
- Restricted tunnel access causing LIRR delays, cancellations Updated: Feb-12-16 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - The Long Island Rail Road is experiencing delays and cancellations because of reduced access to the East River tunnels.
- Closer Aroldis Chapman agrees with Yankees at $11,325,000 Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - Closer Aroldis Chapman and the New York Yankees agreed Friday to a one-year contract worth $11,325,000, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Here's a Jetpack soars at 22-1 upset in Aqueduct feature Updated: Feb-12-16 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - Here's a Jetpack pulled a 22-1 upset Friday in the $59,000 allowance feature for New York breds at Aqueduct.
- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- Orioles hire former Mets exec McIlvaine to front office post Updated: Feb-12-16 6:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have hired Joe McIlvaine as senior adviser of player personnel.
- Activists say officer's shooting conviction no bellwether Updated: Feb-12-16 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - Police-reform activists, who have come to expect disappointment any time an officer is accused in a killing, expressed surprise Friday over the conviction of a patrolman who shot an unarmed man in a housing project stairwell but said they don't necessarily see the case as a turning point in the national debate over police accountability.