- California town suspends 21-plus tobacco sales law Updated: Oct-13-15 8:58 am
SANTA ROSA, California - To avoid a costly legal battle, a northern California town is suspending a law that required tobacco purchasers to be at least 21 years old.
- California city comes under fire for minimum tobacco age Updated: Oct-10-15 5:29 pm
HEALDSBURG, California - A Northern California city's decision to raise the minimum age to purchase cigarettes is coming under fire from the tobacco industry.
- Lawsuit claims deputies beat Sonoma County jail inmates Updated: Oct-06-15 12:34 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Two former Sonoma County jail inmates filed a federal lawsuit Monday claiming they were beaten and tortured for hours by guards, allegations that drew a swift denial from authorities.
- Former psychiatric technician sentenced in sex abuse case Updated: Sep-30-15 12:58 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - A former psychiatric technician has been sentenced to seven years in prison for having unlawful sexual contact with a disabled resident at the Sonoma Developmental Center.
- Spray tanner in Miss America dispute faces fraud allegations Updated: Sep-29-15 9:20 am
SANTA ROSA, California - A Miss America pageant spray tanning sponsor being investigated for fraud allegations has settled unrelated business violations.
- Tribe's pot operation raided in Mendocino County Updated: Sep-23-15 8:46 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Mendocino County authorities have raided what was known to be the state's first large-scale medical marijuana growing operation on tribal land.
- Sonoma County salmon catch at 30 percent less than in 2014 Updated: Sep-22-15 9:25 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Sonoma County's salmon fishermen are catching about 30 percent less than last year, a trend expected to stretch through the season.
- Man charged after rangers find state park pot garden Updated: Sep-17-15 8:53 am
SANTA ROSA, California - A Santa Rosa man is charged with marijuana cultivation and carrying a loaded handgun after park rangers found a 5,000-plant pot garden at Salt Point State Park.