- Kauai Island Utility Cooperative to offer daylight discount Updated: Sep-25-15 7:41 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - The Kauai Island Utility Cooperative will offer discounted electric rates to certain residential customers who shift energy consumption to daylight hours in order to use the utility's solar resources.
- Maui Memorial Hospital selects Kaiser as potential partner Updated: Sep-24-15 7:58 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The Maui Regional System Board of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation has selected Kaiser Permanente as the potential private partner for Maui County's three public hospitals.
- Hawaii plans reforestation effort on Maui Updated: Sep-22-15 7:22 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - State officials are planning to help restore a native dryland forest that once covered leeward areas of Maui.
- Wind turbines killing more hoary bats than expected Updated: Sep-13-15 3:53 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A wind turbine company wants to increase limits on the number of Hawaiian hoary bats and nene allowed to die accidentally in its machines.
- Maui resorts not too upset about recent wastewater spills Updated: Sep-11-15 7:28 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Though wastewater has overflowed twice in two months at the entrance to one of Maui's major tourism centers, resort officials say they have no complaints with how the county handled the stinky situations.