- Jury finds state owns historic trail on Maui ranch Updated: Apr-24-14 10:01 pm
- Groups, companies settle Maui water dispute Updated: Apr-21-14 10:59 pm
- Officials take ferry to first meeting since crash Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 pm
- Maui sugar plantation: Still need to burn cane Updated: Apr-17-14 6:23 pm
- Committee discussion focuses on Maui water system Updated: Apr-16-14 1:53 pm
- Fund to help families of Lanai plane crash victims Updated: Apr-16-14 9:04 am
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Bill increasing counties' hotel tax share advances Updated: Apr-07-14 6:17 pm
- Maui: Fire ants pose danger though fewer reported Updated: Mar-27-14 6:13 pm
- Maui mayor proposes property tax increase Updated: Mar-26-14 4:56 pm
- 4 stung by jellyfish while snorkeling off Hawaii Updated: Mar-26-14 11:58 am
- Excessive force suit against Maui police dismissed Updated: Mar-25-14 3:31 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A jury has found that a section of historic trail cutting across Maui's largest family-owned cattle ranch belongs to the state.
HONOLULU - Native Hawaiian and environmental groups have settled a decadelong dispute with Hawaiian Commercial & Sugar and Wailuku Water Co. over the diversion of water from four Maui streams, officials said Monday.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui County officials chose to ride a ferry to attend the first Lanai Planning Commission meeting since a February crash of a chartered plane killed two county workers and injured three other employees.
KAHULUI, Hawaii - The state's last remaining sugar company has been researching alternatives to burning leaves off its sugar cane crop before harvest.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui County official wants to raise millions of dollars for water system improvements by targeting waterlines, pumps and reservoirs to supply water to drought-plagued Upcountry residents, ranchers and farmers.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Billionaire technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison's management company for Lanai has established a fund to provide financial assistance to the families of those killed or injured when a small plane crashed on the island in February.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - State lawmakers are advancing a bill that would increase the portion of hotel taxes that go to Hawaii's counties.
KAHULUI, Hawaii - Maui officials say fire ants pose a significant threat to the island even though fewer have been seen since the start of this year.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui County Mayor Alan Arakawa is proposing a $622.6 million budget that calls for property tax increases and more than $100 million for capital improvement projects.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The Coast Guard says four people who were snorkeling near Hawaii's Molokini Crater were stung by jellyfish.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A federal judge is dismissing a lawsuit by two men who were shot by Maui police officers.