- Head of Maui hospitals stepping down before privatization Updated: May-01-16 1:35 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The head of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is stepping down as the collection of Maui hospitals transitions to new private owners.
- Kauai County considers plan to reduce island's carbon output Updated: Apr-30-16 3:41 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai officials are looking to decrease the island's effect on the environment by limiting carbon output.
- Thick crowds of sunrise watchers pose risk at Haleakala Updated: Apr-24-16 1:55 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The National Park Service wants to manage safety and resource protection concerns as growing crowds of people compete for space to watch the sunrise at the Haleakala summit.
- Alexander & Baldwin to restore water to 8 Maui streams Updated: Apr-22-16 9:46 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Alexander & Baldwin has announced it will permanently restore water to eight streams in east Maui as Hawaii's last sugar plantation prepares to close at the end of the year. The decision comes after taro farmers pushed for decades to get the company to stop the century-old practice of diverting streams to irrigate crops.
- California man gets 10-year sentence for sex assault on Maui Updated: Apr-21-16 11:47 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A California chiropractor charged with sexually assaulting a woman while visiting Maui to conduct holistic health seminars has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Woman dead, man arrested after stabbing at Maui supermarket Updated: Apr-20-16 7:13 pm
HONOLULU - Police say a man was arrested in connection with the stabbing of three people at a Maui supermarket on Tuesday evening that left his estranged wife dead.
- Several injured in Hawaii supermarket stabbing Updated: Apr-20-16 9:22 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Authorities say several people were stabbed at a Hawaii supermarket and they have a suspect in custody.
- Developers pull plug on west Maui development project Updated: Apr-20-16 9:20 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Developers have withdrawn plans to build 1,500 homes in a west Maui community, a decision that comes months after state officials rejected the project's environmental assessment.
- More students in west Maui prompt expansion proposal Updated: Apr-10-16 1:39 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Education officials have proposed an $8 million elementary school expansion to accommodate west Maui's growing student population.
- Much-needed affordable housing project proposed in Maui Updated: Apr-09-16 2:00 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A much-needed affordable housing project has been proposed in the rural region of Hana on eastern Maui.
- Maui police step up texting-while-driving enforcement Updated: Apr-03-16 11:20 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui police will issue citations to drivers who use cellphones while driving through April 13 as part of a national campaign.