- Committee discussion focuses on Maui water system Updated: Apr-16-14 1:53 pm
- Fund to help families of Lanai plane crash victims Updated: Apr-16-14 9:04 am
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Bill increasing counties' hotel tax share advances Updated: Apr-07-14 6:17 pm
- Maui: Fire ants pose danger though fewer reported Updated: Mar-27-14 6:13 pm
- Maui mayor proposes property tax increase Updated: Mar-26-14 4:56 pm
- 4 stung by jellyfish while snorkeling off Hawaii Updated: Mar-26-14 11:58 am
- Excessive force suit against Maui police dismissed Updated: Mar-25-14 3:31 pm
- Lanai crash survivor: Plane made 'extreme bank' Updated: Mar-20-14 8:55 pm
- Lanai crash survivor: Plane made extreme bank Updated: Mar-20-14 8:48 pm
- Maui County reduces number of take-home vehicles Updated: Mar-19-14 9:55 pm
- Maui Facebook page administrator sues county Updated: Mar-18-14 4:04 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui County official wants to raise millions of dollars for water system improvements by targeting waterlines, pumps and reservoirs to supply water to drought-plagued Upcountry residents, ranchers and farmers.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Billionaire technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison's management company for Lanai has established a fund to provide financial assistance to the families of those killed or injured when a small plane crashed on the island in February.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - State lawmakers are advancing a bill that would increase the portion of hotel taxes that go to Hawaii's counties.
KAHULUI, Hawaii - Maui officials say fire ants pose a significant threat to the island even though fewer have been seen since the start of this year.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui County Mayor Alan Arakawa is proposing a $622.6 million budget that calls for property tax increases and more than $100 million for capital improvement projects.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The Coast Guard says four people who were snorkeling near Hawaii's Molokini Crater were stung by jellyfish.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A federal judge is dismissing a lawsuit by two men who were shot by Maui police officers.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A police report says a man who survived a Lanai crash told authorities the plane made an "extreme bank to the right" after takeoff.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A man who survived a deadly plane crash on Lanai told authorities the aircraft carrying Maui County employees made an extreme bank to the right after takeoff and he was later thrown from the plane, a newspaper reported Thursday.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui has reduced the number of employees who take home county-owned vehicles.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui county liquor commissioner is suing the county, claiming he's being pressured to stop working on a Facebook page that includes posts about traffic and other news on the island.