- Panel backs $533M plan to improve old jail complex Updated: Dec-11-13 1:53 pm
- Baltimore museum, SCLC to hold Mandela tribute Updated: Dec-11-13 10:17 am
- Last Zoo Miami lion cub sent to Baltimore zoo Updated: Dec-11-13 6:44 am
- Orioles sign RHP Webb to $4.5 million, 2-year deal Updated: Dec-11-13 2:50 am
- Brown says Md. health exchange still evolving Updated: Dec-10-13 3:31 pm
- Woman dies after being hit by bus in Baltimore Updated: Dec-10-13 12:50 pm
- 2 dead after MARC train hits SUV Updated: Dec-10-13 11:58 am
- Johns Hopkins No. 1 in US research spending Updated: Dec-10-13 9:10 am
- Blue Angels to fly at Star-Spangled Spectacular Updated: Dec-09-13 8:11 pm
- Ravens must improve on road to sustain momentum Updated: Dec-09-13 6:18 pm
- More than 15,000 without power in Maryland Updated: Dec-09-13 1:07 pm
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field Updated: Dec-08-13 10:00 pm
- Vikings lose to Ravens 29-26, without Peterson Updated: Dec-08-13 9:57 pm
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games Updated: Dec-08-13 6:36 pm
- Vikings RB Peterson leaves with ankle injury Updated: Dec-08-13 5:37 pm
- Md. drivers advised to stay off roads Updated: Dec-08-13 4:25 pm
- Snow leads to cancellation of Baltimore parade Updated: Dec-08-13 12:01 pm
- Ravens LB Dumervil inactive vs Vikings Updated: Dec-08-13 11:57 am
- John J. Idzik, father of Jets GM, dies at 85 Updated: Dec-07-13 7:29 pm
- Study of upgrades for Lexington Market underway Updated: Dec-07-13 6:23 pm
- Fort Hill beats Douglass, 25-0 Updated: Dec-07-13 3:23 pm
- Orioles sign OF Peguero to 1-year contract Updated: Dec-07-13 10:53 am
- Stranger stabs woman on Greyhound bus Updated: Dec-06-13 4:06 pm
- Family Film Guide: 'Black Nativity,' 'Frozen' and 'The Book... Updated: Dec-06-13 1:19 pm
- Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 14 Updated: Dec-06-13 1:18 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A panel of Maryland lawmakers is meeting Wednesday to consider whether to recommend a plan to spend more $533 million over 10 years to rebuild Baltimore's aging City Detention Center, making it more secure and harder for prisoners to sneak in drugs, cellphones and other contraband.
BALTIMORE - The National Great Blacks in Wax Museum in Baltimore and the local chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference are planning a tribute to Nelson Mandela.
MIAMI - Zoo Miami has sent the last surviving lion cub from a litter born in September to a Baltimore zoo to be raised with other cubs.
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have signed free agent right-hander Ryan Webb to a $4.5 million, two-year contract.
BALTIMORE - Under fire from political rivals in Maryland's governor's race, Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown pledged Tuesday to remain focused on fixing the state's bedeviled health care exchange and conduct a full assessment later on why its website has been troubled with computer problems.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore City Police say a 50-year-old woman is dead after she was apparently hit by a "Charm City Circulator" bus in Baltimore.
BALTIMORE - Two people have died after the SUV they were riding in was hit by a MARC commuter train in Baltimore.
BALTIMORE - Johns Hopkins University spent $2.1 billion on research and development in the fiscal year that ended in 2012, making it the top-ranked U.S. institution in research spending.
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will perform at an air show during a festival celebrating the 200th birthday of the national anthem.
TOWSON, Maryland - More than 15,000 customers are without power in Maryland as winter weather moves through the region. But the number is down from earlier in the day.
BALTIMORE - At first, it appeared the unrelenting snow would be the main topic of conversation. Then came an incredible flurry of touchdowns - five over the final 125 seconds - that truly made this a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable football game.
BALTIMORE - This was what football used to be like in Minnesota before the Vikings began playing under a dome.
The NFL often promotes football as a bad weather sport. It got its share early Sunday in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington and Pittsburgh.
BALTIMORE - Maryland highway crews have made some progress on the state's snow-covered roads, but drivers are still being advised to stay home if possible.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore officials have canceled the mayor's annual Christmas parade because of snowy weather.
CHADDS FORD, Pennsylvania - John Joseph Idzik, a former NFL assistant coach and father of New York Jets general manager John Idzik, has died. He was 85.
BALTIMORE - A study of how to improve Baltimore's historic Lexington Market is underway.
BALTIMORE - Alex Barnes ran for two touchdowns and had another 29-yard score off an interception to lead Fort Hill to the Maryland Class 1A state football championship with a 25-0 victory over Douglass on Saturday at M&T Bank Stadium.
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have signed free agent outfielder Francisco Peguero to one-year contract.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police are looking for a man who stabbed a stranger on a Greyhound bus and left the vehicle yelling that he had AIDS.
A guide to films from a family perspective:
SUNDAY - Miami Dolphins (6-6) at Steelers (5-7), 1 p.m. (EST)