- Md. will appeal FEMA denial of riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 am
BALTIMORE - The state of Maryland says it will appeal the federal government's denial of disaster aid to help the state and Baltimore city recover millions of dollars in riot-related costs.
- Maryland casinos generate $91.4M revenue in June Updated: Jul-06-15 5:26 pm
BALTIMORE - State officials say Maryland's five casinos generated $91.4 million in revenue in June.
- Baltimore police: 13-year-old charged in fatal stabbing Updated: Jul-06-15 5:06 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police say they have charged a 13-year-old in the fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old boy.
- Federal indictment says 3 members of MS-13 killed 2 in Md. Updated: Jul-06-15 4:50 pm
BALTIMORE - A federal indictment says three members of the Salvadoran gang La Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, killed two people in Maryland and wounded or threatened four others.
- Fentanyl-related deaths up 178 percent in Baltimore Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 pm
BALTIMORE - Health officials are warning Baltimore residents that drug overdose deaths linked to a highly potent chemical commonly used to lace heroin are up 178 percent from last year.
- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Police identify 2 killed in Baltimore on Thursday Updated: Jul-04-15 4:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore are identifying two men killed in separate homicides earlier this week.
- Police: 50-year-old man dead after shooting in Baltimore Updated: Jul-04-15 3:55 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say a 50-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Baltimore.
- National Aquarium hosting Fourth of July pier party Updated: Jul-04-15 12:34 pm
BALTIMORE - The National Aquarium in Baltimore is hosting a July Fourth party.
- Washington Monument in Baltimore re-opens Updated: Jul-04-15 11:35 am
BALTIMORE - The original Washington Monument in Baltimore has re-opened following a renovation.
- 40 new citizens welcomed in Baltimore ceremony Updated: Jul-04-15 11:20 am
BALTIMORE - Officials in Baltimore have welcomed 40 new citizens with a special naturalization ceremony on the Fourth of July.
- Baltimore police probe transport van sign Updated: Jul-03-15 12:38 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore are investigating a sign posted inside a police transport van that tells passengers: "Enjoy your ride, cuz we sure will!"
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:09 pm
- Man gets 15 years for extorting explicit photos from girls Updated: Jul-01-15 8:55 pm
BALTIMORE - A Rockville man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for enticing underage girls to send him sexually explicit photos of themselves and threatening to post them online when they wanted to stop.
- Police arrest man accused of setting fire to CVS in riots Updated: Jul-01-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police have arrested a man authorities say set fire to a CVS pharmacy during the height of the riots that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.
- Orioles designate OF Delmon Young for assignment Updated: Jul-01-15 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Delmon Young was designated for assignment Wednesday by the Baltimore Orioles, who needed the roster spot to fortify their thin bullpen.
- Former Baltimore mayor Dixon seeks to regain office Updated: Jul-01-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon, who resigned in 2010 amid a scandal over embezzled gift cards, will seek to regain the office next year as the city struggles with the aftermath of riots following a death in police custody.
- Baltimore police report 14 shot in city since Sunday night Updated: Jun-30-15 8:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Police in Baltimore report that 14 people have been shot in the city since Sunday night.
- 3 indicted in brutal rape, killing of Baltimore teen Updated: Jun-30-15 6:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Three men have been indicted in the brutal sexual assault and slaying of a teenage girl whose body was discovered inside a Baltimore home that had been intentionally set on fire.
- 2 correctional officers convicted of assaults on inmates Updated: Jun-30-15 6:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore City prosecutors say two correctional officers have been convicted of assaulting inmates.
- Josh Hamilton activated from DL by Rangers, Gallo to minors Updated: Jun-30-15 5:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Josh Hamilton is back on the Texas Rangers' 25-man roster, eager to jump-start a season that has been marred by injury.
- Authorities: Boy found in park swing died of cold, thirst Updated: Jun-30-15 5:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A mother placed her living toddler in a swing at a Maryland park one morning and he remained there until he was found dead of cold and thirst two days later when someone spotted the mother pushing her lifeless child in the swing, authorities said Tuesday.
- Trove of evidence turned over in case of Freddie Gray death Updated: Jun-30-15 3:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Prosecutors have turned over a massive trove of medical records, emails and other evidence to attorneys representing six officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, the first public glimpse of the threads the state is using to weave together its case.
- Maryland man sentenced for exporting firearms to Pakistan Updated: Jun-29-15 8:28 pm
BALTIMORE - A pizza shop owner has been sentenced to two years in prison for exporting semi-automatic rifles, parts and accessories to Pakistan.
- Emergency work to leave 4,000 without water in city, county Updated: Jun-29-15 1:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Some 4,000 customers in Baltimore City and Baltimore County will be left without water as emergency repairs are made.