- NTSB: Ship hit Md. CSX pier while going too fast Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- Parents' suit against Md. private school dismissed Updated: Apr-18-14 9:47 am
- Gubernatorial candidates clash on economic policy Updated: Apr-17-14 10:35 pm
- Orioles beat Rays 3-0 for 2-game sweep Updated: Apr-16-14 4:51 pm
- Rays-Orioles game postponed by rain Updated: Apr-15-14 6:18 pm
- Md. gives customers a break on utility cutoffs Updated: Apr-15-14 5:16 pm
- Bills will strengthen prison guard investigations Updated: Apr-15-14 4:49 pm
- Police seek man they say robbed 8 banks Updated: Apr-14-14 8:49 pm
- 2 brothers sentenced for dealing in cocaine base Updated: Apr-14-14 6:02 pm
- Jimenez, Orioles lose to Blue Jays 11-3 Updated: Apr-13-14 6:26 pm
- Buehrle, Blue Jays cruise to 11-3 win over Orioles Updated: Apr-13-14 6:14 pm
- Baltimore police investigate 3 nonfatal shootings Updated: Apr-13-14 12:28 pm
- Young doctors still pulled to specialties Updated: Apr-12-14 9:43 am
- Passengers ill on cruise ship that sailed from Md. Updated: Apr-11-14 7:44 pm
- Frostburg State aims to increase nursing educators Updated: Apr-11-14 11:17 am
- FBI investigates man in U-Md. data disclosure Updated: Apr-10-14 9:26 pm
- Md. man pleads guilty to sex trafficking of girl Updated: Apr-10-14 2:41 pm
- Baltimore's race course trying for Zumba record Updated: Apr-10-14 6:28 am
- Baltimore man pleads guilty to ID theft Updated: Apr-09-14 8:16 pm
- Braun, Cruz, Peralta move on after Biogenesis case Updated: Apr-09-14 1:36 pm
- Port of Baltimore sets records in 2013 Updated: Apr-08-14 6:34 pm
- Police: Fatal crash came after man turned around Updated: Apr-07-14 6:16 pm
- UMCP to offer technology entrepreneurship program Updated: Apr-06-14 10:54 am
- How Md. senators voted on increasing minimum wage Updated: Apr-05-14 5:55 pm
- Horse trainer Richard Small dies at age 68 Updated: Apr-05-14 4:30 pm
BALTIMORE - The National Transportation Safety Board says high speed was the probable cause of a shipping accident that did more than $2 million worth of damage to a CSX Corp. coal pier in Baltimore Harbor.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - A Montgomery County judge has dismissed a couple's lawsuit alleging that a top private school jeopardized their son's college career by not doing enough to help him.
TOWSON, Maryland - All three Democratic candidates in the governor's race agree Maryland's economic policies need work, but they disagree sharply about how much.
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Public Service Commission says utility customers are getting a break after an unusually cold winter.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Legislative efforts to improve prison security were overshadowed this year by marijuana and minimum wage bills, but supporters say they will help prevent another high-profile scandal like the Black Guerrilla Family case at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
MILLERSVILLE, Maryland - Anne Arundel County police are looking for a man they say robbed a Hanover bank and is a suspect in seven other bank robberies in Baltimore and Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties.
BALTIMORE - Two brothers have been sentenced for their roles in a plot to sell cocaine base in Baltimore and Annapolis.
BALTIMORE - When the Toronto Blue Jays broke out their two-week slump at the plate, nothing could stop them from circling the bases - except a gaffe by an overeager ball girl.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police are investigating three nonfatal shootings in the city, one of them involving a teenage victim.
BALTIMORE - Despite nationwide efforts to encourage medical students to pursue primary-care specialties like pediatrics and internal medicine, most University of Maryland School of Medicine graduates are choosing other specialties.
BALTIMORE - Passengers sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas from the Port of Baltimore have been sickened on two consecutive trips, federal health officials say.
BALTIMORE - The University System of Maryland has approved a master's degree in nursing program at Frostburg State University to address a shortage of nursing educators.
The FBI is investigating a Baltimore-area computer worker in connection with the online disclosure last month of University of Maryland President Wallace Loh's Social Security and cellphone numbers, according to court records.
BALTIMORE - A Glen Burnie man has pleaded guilty to the sex trafficking of a 15-year-old girl.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's Pimlico Race Course will try to break the world record for the largest Zumba class.
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore man has pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and identity theft after prosecutors say he bought motorcycles with stolen information.
BALTIMORE - Nelson Cruz was branded a cheater and punished accordingly. As he waited to be introduced on his first opening day in Baltimore, the former All-Star wondered how Orioles fans would react in the aftermath of the 50-game suspension he received last year for using performance-enhancing drugs.
BALTIMORE - The Port of Baltimore set records for handling some commodities in 2013.
HAMPDEN, Maine - Maine State Police say a man turned his SUV around on Interstate 95 in Hampden and drove for about a mile before colliding head-one with a pickup truck in a crash that left both drivers dead.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Want to create the next Google? The University of Maryland, College Park wants to help you get there.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Here's how members of the Maryland Senate voted Saturday on increasing the minimum wage. The vote was 34-13 to approve the increase. A majority of 24 was needed.
BALTIMORE - Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic winner Concern and helped launch the careers of several female jockeys, has died of cancer. He was 68.