- 5 slain in 48-hour period in Baltimore as violence continues Updated: May-24-15 1:31 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police are investigating more than a dozen shootings, five of them fatal, in a 48-hour period.
- 5 dead in shootings in Baltimore in less than 24 hours Updated: May-23-15 7:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say five people are dead in shootings in Baltimore over less than 24 hours.
- 1 dead after fire at Baltimore home Updated: May-23-15 5:10 pm
BALTIMORE - Officials say one person is dead after a fire at a home in Baltimore.
- Police: Leader of west Baltimore gang arrested after raids Updated: May-23-15 1:55 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal authorities and police have raided two west Baltimore houses and arrested a man they say was the leader of a local gang.
- 'I Bleed Baltimore': Shirts become about more than sports Updated: May-23-15 9:38 am
BALTIMORE - After the protest and riots that followed Freddie Gray's death last month, the T-shirts seemed to be everywhere: in the protesting crowds, on from the sidewalks of West Baltimore, and on cable news.
- Woman found pushing dead 3-year-old son in swing Updated: May-22-15 8:09 pm
BALTIMORE - A woman was found pushing her dead 3-year-old son in a park swing Friday, and authorities say she may have been there for hours, or even since the day before.
- EMS bike ride traveling through Maryland on way to Virginia Updated: May-22-15 4:49 am
BALTIMORE - A group of more than 100 emergency medical service workers is biking through Maryland and on to Virginia.
- Prosecutor: 6 officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray Updated: May-21-15 8:33 pm
BALTIMORE - A grand jury indicted all six officers charged in the case of Freddie Gray, who died of injuries he suffered in police custody, allowing the state's attorney to press ahead with the most serious charges despite criticism that she was part of an "overzealous prosecution."
- Pearce slam, Hardy's RBI lift Orioles past Mariners 5-4 Updated: May-21-15 7:24 pm
- ATF looking for people who set fires during Baltimore riots Updated: May-21-15 6:51 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal law enforcers are asking for the public's help in identifying people who set fires at stores and an under-construction senior center during the Baltimore riots in the wake of Freddie Gray's death.
- Former players: NFL teams 'conspired' to push painkillers Updated: May-21-15 5:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Hundreds of former players have filed a lawsuit claiming all 32 NFL teams, their doctors, trainers and medical staffs obtained and provided painkillers to players - often illegally - as part of a decades-long conspiracy to keep them on the field without regard for their long-term health.
- Indiana approves 1st needle-exchange program under new law Updated: May-21-15 4:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana approved a yearlong needle-exchange program Thursday for a rural county at the center of an HIV outbreak that spurred a new state law allowing such programs to curb the spread of diseases among intravenous drug users.
- Couple donate to Baltimore library open during riots Updated: May-21-15 3:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Netscape co-founder and his philanthropist wife plan to donate $170,000 in computers and equipment to a library that decided to stay open during the Baltimore riots following the death of Freddie Gray in police custody.
- Orioles can't solve Elias, fall to Mariners 4-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:33 pm
BALTIMORE - A late offensive surge by the Baltimore Orioles wasn't enough to make up for seven lackluster innings.
- 5 people shot in East Baltimore neighborhood Updated: May-20-15 8:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Police say five people were shot in an East Baltimore neighborhood and officers arrested two suspects. Two more were at large.
- Maryland officials meet at White House on Baltimore recovery Updated: May-20-15 6:34 pm
- Slugger Nelson Cruz returns to Baltimore with Mariners Updated: May-19-15 6:19 pm
- New York educator named president of Coppin State University Updated: May-19-15 5:20 pm
BALTIMORE - The University System of Maryland has named a New York state educator president of Coppin State University.
- Baltimore prosecutor disputes conflict of interest claims Updated: May-19-15 4:48 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's top prosecutor has filed a blistering response to conflict of interest allegations raised by lawyers for six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.
- Lawsuit: Sex offender requirements applied retroactively Updated: May-19-15 12:38 pm
BALTIMORE - A class action lawsuit has been filed claiming the rights of at least 800 people listed on the Maryland Sex Offender Registry have been violated.
- Orioles put RHP Bud Norris on 15-day DL with bronchitis Updated: May-18-15 8:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Struggling right-hander Bud Norris has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Baltimore Orioles with bronchitis.
- Baltimore officers cleared in 2014 police shooting Updated: May-18-15 8:24 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore Police review board has found that two officers who shot and injured a man who pointed a BB gun at them acted in accordance with department policy.
- Man at center of podcast wins chance to call alibi witness Updated: May-18-15 6:02 pm
BALTIMORE - A convicted killer at the center of a popular podcast that raised questions about his guilt and whether he had a fair trial will seek to call an alibi witness who has never before testified and include her testimony in his request for a new trial, which is pending in an appeals court.
- Paper mill, US at odds over how to resolve pollution case Updated: May-18-15 4:08 pm
BALTIMORE - The Justice Department and the former owner of a western Maryland paper mill are fighting over how to resolve an air-pollution case.
- Varying knife laws can confuse across state, local lines Updated: May-18-15 3:18 am
WASHINGTON - A few miles off in any direction, and the debate about the knife involved in Freddie Gray's arrest by Baltimore police may have been completely different.