- Police: Maryland fair worker found dead in trailer Updated: Sep-01-15 7:40 am
TIMONIUM, Maryland - Police say a ride operator at the Maryland State Fair has been found dead in her trailer at the fairgrounds in Baltimore County.
- The war room, the street: 2 responses to Baltimore violence Updated: Sep-01-15 4:55 am
BALTIMORE - There are only three rules at the Kids Safe Zone: Sign in, clean up after yourself, and read for 15 minutes before playing with the toys stacked around the space, a converted laundromat in West Baltimore.
- Orioles can't shake slump, fall to Archer and Rays 6-3 Updated: Aug-31-15 11:55 pm
BALTIMORE - Buck Showalter shuffled the lineup and put Manny Machado at shortstop in an effort to bring the Baltimore Orioles out of a slump that's nearly obliterated their playoff hopes.
- Rays back Archer with 3 HRs in 6-3 victory over Orioles Updated: Aug-31-15 11:41 pm
BALTIMORE - A season-defining road trip started on a positive note for the Tampa Bay Rays, who still have designs of reaching the postseason as a wild-card entrant.
- 14 hurt in fight at Baltimore detention facility Updated: Aug-31-15 9:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Corrections officials say 14 people, including eight corrections officers, were hurt during a melee at a pre-trial facility in Baltimore.
- Harbaugh can't accept losing, even preseason games Updated: Aug-31-15 7:20 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Ravens coach John Harbaugh has never found it easy to accept losing, even when it comes to a preseason game that probably won't be remembered beyond the first week of September.
- Machado gets 1st major league start at SS for struggling O's Updated: Aug-31-15 6:15 pm
BALTIMORE - Manny Machado will start at shortstop for the first time in his major league career when the Orioles host Tampa Bay on Monday night.
- Gov. Marvin Mandel, who fell from political grace, has died Updated: Aug-31-15 12:47 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Marvin Mandel, a former Maryland governor whose 26-year career in state government ended with his 1977 conviction on political corruption charges, has died. He was 95.
- Woman shot while trying to rob liquor store Updated: Aug-30-15 4:46 pm
BALTIMORE - A woman was shot by a liquor store employee as she was trying to rob the Baltimore establishment.
- Md. woman charged with fatally stabbing a man Updated: Aug-30-15 3:22 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police have arrested a 29-year-old woman accused of fatally stabbing a man to death in Coppin Heights.
- With RG3 out, Redskins use 2 QBs to beat Ravens 31-13 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:56 pm
BALTIMORE - Jay Gruden intends to judge the health of Robert Griffin III before choosing his starting quarterback in the regular season.
- Redskins' LT Trent Williams agrees to new 5-year contract Updated: Aug-29-15 8:21 pm
BALTIMORE - Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams agreed to terms Saturday on a new five-year contract that comes with $32 million in guaranteed money.
- 4-year-old girl dies after apartment fire in Baltimore Updated: Aug-29-15 5:07 pm
BALTIMORE - A 4-year-old girl has died after a fire broke out in an apartment complex in North Baltimore.
- Rebuilding begins for CVS pharmacy set alight during unrest Updated: Aug-28-15 10:05 am
BALTIMORE - Demolition work has begun on a CVS pharmacy in Baltimore that was set on fire during the height of the unrest that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.
- Officials: Bowie resident may have West Nile virus Updated: Aug-28-15 9:12 am
BOWIE, Maryland - Officials say a Bowie resident may have contracted West Nile virus.
- Detainees from closed Baltimore jail have moved, but not far Updated: Aug-27-15 7:15 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - About 850 pre-trial detainees who were held in the now-closed men's section of the Baltimore City Detention Center have been moved to buildings within about a block of the notoriously deteriorated state-run jail, state officials said Thursday.
- Ravens All-Pro guard Yanda lets his play prove his worth Updated: Aug-27-15 4:44 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Entering the final season of a five-year contract, Marshal Yanda insists he isn't concerned about negotiating a new deal with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Safety Will Hill signs 2-year contract with Ravens Updated: Aug-27-15 3:17 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Safety Will Hill has signed a two-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens.
- More than 253 corrections employees arrested since 2013 Updated: Aug-26-15 6:05 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - More than 253 employees at Maryland's corrections department have been arrested since January 2013, and more than 200 of them are still employed, the department head told state officials Wednesday.
- Maryland boy with double-hand transplant leaves hospital Updated: Aug-26-15 4:23 pm
BALTIMORE - An 8-year-old boy who became the youngest patient to receive a double-hand transplant has left the Philadelphia hospital where the procedure was done and was returning to his Maryland home.
- Prosecutors won't take stand in Freddie Gray hearing Updated: Aug-26-15 2:52 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore judge ruled that prosecutors in the Freddie Gray case won't be required to take the stand at an upcoming hearing in the case.
- Police: 2nd teen who escaped from juvenile facility found Updated: Aug-26-15 8:31 am
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - Maryland State Police say they have found a second teen who escaped from a juvenile detention facility north of Baltimore at a motel in Montgomery County.
- Maryland moves last inmates from decrepit Baltimore jail Updated: Aug-25-15 7:52 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland moved the last inmates out of the dangerously decrepit men's section of the Baltimore City Detention Center on Tuesday, state officials said, completing the closure of the notorious facility.
- $12.9M paid on insurance claims for Baltimore riot damage Updated: Aug-25-15 5:11 pm
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Insurance Administration says insurance companies have paid $12.9 million in claims stemming from civil unrest in Baltimore linked to the death in April of Freddie Gray.
- Former Army police officer admits to stealing electronics Updated: Aug-25-15 2:56 pm
BALTIMORE - A former Army police officer has pleaded guilty to stealing electronics from buildings he patrolled at Aberdeen Proving Ground.