- Caesars posts 2Q profit without bankrupt subsidiary Updated: Aug-04-15 7:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s new president and CEO said Tuesday the company is getting savvier at deciding which gamblers get freebies and which don't, helping to boost its profit margins for earnings before costs in the second quarter.
- National Urban League to host 2016 conference in Baltimore Updated: Aug-04-15 7:31 am
BALTIMORE - The National Urban League, the nation's oldest and largest community-based civil rights organization, has announced it will hold its 2016 conference in Baltimore.
- Baltimore homicide uptick: Anti-crime partnership launched Updated: Aug-03-15 9:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police and civic leaders launched a partnership Monday with five federal agencies that will embed their special agents with city homicide detectives, bidding to quell an upswing in homicides and other violent crime in that city.
- Baltimore police: Store security guard fires at robber Updated: Aug-03-15 9:52 am
BALTIMORE - Police say a store security guard fired at least one shot in the Mondawmin Mall parking lot while chasing a man fleeing after allegedly stealing a ring from a jewelry store.
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Ferguson spurs 40 new state measures; activists want more Updated: Aug-02-15 10:47 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - When a white Ferguson policeman fatally shot a black 18-year-old nearly a year ago, the St. Louis suburb erupted in violent protests and the nation took notice. Since then, legislators in almost every state have proposed changes to the way police interact with the public.
- Baltimore prosecutor won't cooperate with homicide panel Updated: Aug-01-15 9:38 pm
BALTIMORE - A commission established to review homicides in Baltimore has stalled because its leaders say the city's top prosecutor isn't sharing information that's needed for the program to work.
- Baltimore prosecutor won't cooperate with homicide panel Updated: Aug-01-15 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - A commision established to review homicides in Baltimore has stalled because its leaders say the city's top prosecutor isn't sharing information that's needed for the program to work.
- Orioles place RHP Wright on DL, recall RHP Rondon Updated: Aug-01-15 4:02 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have placed right-hander rookie Mike Wright on the 15-day disabled list because of a left calf strain.
- Baltimore records month's first killing after violent July Updated: Aug-01-15 2:16 pm
BALTIMORE - After a month in which 45 people were slain in Baltimore, the city has already recorded its first homicide in August.
- Baltimore museum to feature dancer Misty Copeland Updated: Aug-01-15 3:19 am
BALTIMORE - Misty Copeland, the first African-American woman to achieve the role of principal dancer in the American Ballet Theatre, is hosting a book signing in Maryland.
- Baltimore killings soar to a level unseen in 43 years Updated: Jul-31-15 4:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore reached a grim milestone on Friday, three months after riots erupted in response to the death of Freddie Gray in police custody: With 45 homicides in July, the city has seen more bloodshed in a single month than it has in 43 years.
- Doctor denies charges in federal drug conspiracy case Updated: Jul-31-15 4:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A former Frederick physician has pleaded not guilty to federal narcotics and fraud charges.
- Ravens Jimmy Smith wants place among top NFL cornerbacks Updated: Jul-31-15 2:51 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Jimmy Smith is healthy, very wealthy and ready to take on all NFL quarterbacks who dare throw to his side of the field.
- Orioles get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-31-15 1:39 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles filled one of their most pressing needs Friday by obtaining left fielder Gerardo Parra from the Milwaukee Brewers for a minor league right-hander Zach Davies.
- Closing of Baltimore detention center marks a milestone Updated: Jul-31-15 5:26 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - An announcement by Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan that he is closing the Baltimore City Detention Center marked a milestone in long-standing problems with the state's dangerously decrepit correctional facilities.
- Police arrested 4 men after officer shooting, used Taser Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police arrested four men after an officer shot a driver in the face, using a Taser on one man.
- Feds won't reverse denial of Baltimore riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-30-15 3:00 pm
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has refused to reverse its denial of disaster aid to help Maryland and Baltimore recover millions of dollars in costs stemming from rioting in the city in April, Gov. Larry Hogan's office said Thursday.
- Ravens launch training camp eyeing return trip to playoffs Updated: Jul-30-15 1:36 pm
OWINS MILLS, Maryland - On the first day of yet another training camp for 15-year veteran Steve Smith, going through the motions was not an option.
- Baltimore's monthly homicide count reaches a high again Updated: Jul-30-15 11:32 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's monthly homicide count is reaching a historic high for a second time this year.
- Baltimore Police civilian employee arrested for child porn Updated: Jul-30-15 7:10 am
ESSEX, Maryland - A civilian employee for the Baltimore City Police Department has been suspended after having been arrested in a child pornography case.
- Skidding Braves go quietly in 2-0 loss to Orioles Updated: Jul-29-15 11:38 pm
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves are finding absolutely no margin for error during a slump that is threatening to render the last two months of the season meaningless.
- Tillman allows 4 hits as Orioles beat Braves 2-0 for sweep Updated: Jul-29-15 10:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Chris Tillman and the Orioles are experiencing a resurgence that just might lead to a return trip to the playoffs for Baltimore and its ace.
- DC man convicted of carjacking woman in labor at gunpoint Updated: Jul-29-15 8:56 pm
BALTIMORE - A man accused of carjacking a couple who were heading to the hospital because the woman was in labor has been convicted.
- Report: Maryland prison admissions down 19 percent in decade Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's prison admissions fell 19 percent over the last decade, driven by a 43 percent drop in admissions in Baltimore, according to a data analysis presented to a state panel on Wednesday.