- Shuttle connects Baltimore residents to stores after unrest Updated: May-06-15 8:32 am
BALTIMORE - Health and aging officials are launching a free shuttle to make sure Baltimore residents have access to food and other needs after shops were damaged and destroyed during rioting last week.
- Baltimore mayor to announce DOJ partnership Updated: May-06-15 6:53 am
- Officers' legal attack begins in Freddie Gray case Updated: May-06-15 4:31 am
BALTIMORE - One of the Baltimore police officers who arrested Freddie Gray has challenged police and a top prosecutor to produce a knife that prompted the arrest, arguing in a court motion that it is an illegal weapon.
- Prince announces 'Rally 4 Peace' concert Sunday in Baltimore Updated: May-06-15 3:05 am
BALTIMORE - Prince has announced plans to perform at a concert in Baltimore following recent unrest in the city over the death of a man who was fatally injured in police custody.
- Attorney General Lynch meets Gray family in Baltimore Updated: May-05-15 11:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged Tuesday to improve the city's police department after meeting with the family of a man who was fatally injured in police custody.
- Maryland lawmakers form workgroup to examine policing Updated: May-05-15 6:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Maryland lawmakers have named a workgroup to examine public safety and policing practices.
- Derby winner nears return to track for Preakness prep Updated: May-05-15 3:14 pm
BALTIMORE - American Pharoah is set to return to the track Thursday for his first jog since winning the Kentucky Derby.
- Md. comptroller extends sales tax deadline for businesses Updated: May-05-15 2:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Businesses in Baltimore affected by riots are getting a two-week extension to file April sales taxes returns and payments.
- Reforming Baltimore police will be time-consuming, costly Updated: May-05-15 10:11 am
BALTIMORE - Months before Freddie Gray died of the broken neck he suffered during what Baltimore's top prosecutor called an illegal arrest, the city's mayor and police commissioner said the department needed reform and asked the Justice Department for help reviewing officer misconduct.
- Fox anchor: Report of police shooting was in error Updated: May-05-15 12:53 am
LOS ANGELES - Fox News Channel mistakenly reported that a man was shot while being pursued by police in Baltimore, Maryland, Fox anchorman Shepard Smith said.
- Court lists address of wrong woman in Gray case Updated: May-04-15 10:04 pm
BALTIMORE - A woman whose address was listed in public court records as that of a police officer charged in the Freddie Gray case has been harassed by phone calls from bail bondsmen and visits from journalists to her home, her lawyer said Monday.
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots Updated: May-04-15 9:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Days after riots crippled Baltimore, tensions again escalated Monday after police said they arrested a man who appeared to be armed. The arrest drew a crowd of protesters who chanted, "Black community, control the police!"
- Writer proposes local currency named after city's namesake Updated: May-04-15 6:23 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - May I pay for that in Skinners?
- Judge: Md. didn't violate Constitution; violated procedure Updated: May-04-15 6:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore city judge says the state violated court procedures - but not the Constitution - after last week's riots by holding some suspects more than 24 hours without taking them before a judicial officer to have bail set.
- Officials, church plan to rebuild burned community center Updated: May-04-15 3:01 pm
BALTIMORE - An eastern Baltimore church and developers say they'll start rebuilding a senior housing center destroyed during rioting.
- Historical society plans Baltimore unrest photo collection Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Historical Society is asking professional and amateur photographers to submit their pictures of the events in Baltimore sparked by the death of Freddie Gray after he was injured in police custody.
- O'Malley gets scrutiny over police record as Baltimore mayor Updated: May-04-15 8:16 am
BALTIMORE - Martin O'Malley often casts Baltimore as the comeback city that overcame the ravages of drugs and violence when he was mayor.
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.
- Derby winner American Pharoah a go in Preakness Updated: May-03-15 9:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Lured by the promise of carrots, American Pharoah was led out of the barn to face a throng of cameras.
- The Latest: Baltimore lifts curfew after days of tension Updated: May-03-15 5:38 pm
- Experts: Convictions will be tough to win in Baltimore case Updated: May-02-15 11:37 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's top prosecutor acted swiftly in charging six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who suffered a grave spinal injury as he was arrested and put into a police transport van, handcuffed and without a seat belt.
- After calm protests in Oakland, smaller group turns violent Updated: May-02-15 11:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland's mayor and police chief acknowledged Saturday falling short in controlling what police said was a night of some of the heaviest damage yet in peaceful marches that have turned violent.
- State's Attorney details roles of each of 6 charged officers Updated: May-02-15 10:12 pm
Six officers are charged in Freddie Gray's death from injuries he suffered while in police custody. State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby says the officers repeatedly failed to get Gray medical treatment after his arrest. The police officers' union has said they are not responsible for Gray's death.
- With 9 picks, Ravens fill several holes in NFL draft Updated: May-02-15 6:09 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - The Baltimore Ravens have evidently decided that the best way to deal with a tight salary cap is to get players with a predetermined wage scale.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.