- Pennsylvania mayor says Syrian refugees welcome Updated: Nov-23-15 4:12 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The mayor of an eastern Pennsylvania city with one of the nation's largest Syrian populations said Monday that his city welcomes Syrian refugees and will help support them as they get settled in the United States.
- Fear keeps Syrian refugees away from Allentown event Updated: Nov-23-15 6:59 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Fear kept a group of Syrian refugees from attending an event to welcome them to the community in Pennsylvania.
- Judge: Girl, 14, 'active' participant' in mother's killing Updated: Nov-21-15 3:38 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A 14-year-old girl's "intelligence and manipulation" were crucial to the plot to have her soldier boyfriend kill her mother, a judge said, calling it a "vicious and monstrous crime."
- Death penalty to be sought in 2-state slaying spree Updated: Nov-21-15 1:26 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing seven people in two states over a seven-week period this summer.
- In America's Little Syria, a divide on accepting refugees Updated: Nov-20-15 10:36 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A few days ago, a pastor asked Syrian-born restaurant owner Marie Jarrah to donate food to a welcoming event for recently arrived Syrian refugees. Jarrah, who said she regularly helps people in need, declined.
- Girl, 14, accused in plot to kill mom to be tried as adult Updated: Nov-19-15 3:45 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A 14-year-old Pennsylvania girl accused of plotting with her soldier boyfriend by text message to kill her mother will be tried as an adult.
- 6 middle school students cited for drinking vodka at school Updated: Nov-19-15 8:08 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Six middle school students have been cited for drinking vodka in an eastern Pennsylvania county that's seen a recent increase of unruly student behavior.
- Lawmaker allowed into first-time offender program in DUI Updated: Nov-11-15 12:15 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A high-ranking Pennsylvania lawmaker accused of driving his motorcycle while under the influence has been accepted into a program for first-time offenders.
- Driver with lengthy record gets prison time in fatal wreck Updated: Nov-10-15 4:29 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A man whose license was suspended until 2029 is heading to prison for causing a crash last year that killed a 28-year-old Iraq War veteran in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania middle school brawls lead to 2 arrests Updated: Nov-06-15 9:21 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A number of fights broke out throughout the school day at an eastern Pennsylvania middle school, prompting a visit by police and leading to two arrests.
- Ex-wrestler Snuka pleads not guilty in '83 death of mistress Updated: Nov-02-15 3:00 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Former professional wrestling star Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka on Monday pleaded not guilty to a murder charge in the death of his mistress more than three decades ago.