- Mud from Brazil mining disaster contaminates ocean Updated: Nov-23-15 9:55 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - A torrent of mud unleashed by a dam burst at an iron ore mine in southeastern Brazil is contaminating the Atlantic Ocean.
- US, Cuba sign first environmental accord since thaw Updated: Nov-18-15 1:16 pm
HAVANA - The United States and Cuba signed an agreement Wednesday to join forces and protect the vast array of fish and corals they share as countries separated by just 90 miles (140 kilometers), the first environmental accord since announcing plans to renew diplomatic relations.
- Environmental groups want thorny skate on endangered list Updated: Nov-11-15 11:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A pair of environmental groups wants the U.S. government to add a species of skate to the list of animals protected under the Endangered Species Act.
- Coast Guard: Distressed vessel made it safely back to shore Updated: Nov-09-15 10:45 am
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard says a fishing vessel that was taking on water off southern New Jersey made it safely back to shore.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Nov-04-15 4:31 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Volvo Ocean Race to return to Newport, Rhode Island, in 2018 Updated: Oct-30-15 5:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Offshore sailing's most prestigious event will again make its only North American stopover in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Spain finds crashed helicopter cabin, 3 dead crew members Updated: Oct-29-15 9:03 pm
MADRID - The Atlantic Ocean search for a missing Spanish military helicopter ended Thursday with the discovery of the chopper's cabin on the ocean floor and the bodies of its three crew members, authorities said.