- Nigeria suspends Sikorsky S-76C++ choppers after crashes Updated: Feb-04-16 6:49 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's aviation regulatory agency is suspending operation of all Sikorsky model S-76C++ helicopters following two crashes in six months in the West African country, the director general said Thursday.
- Report: Food fish in Northeast at risk to climate change Updated: Feb-03-16 4:38 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal government report says the list of Northeastern sea life species that are most vulnerable to climate change includes numerous economically important fish and shellfish that humans rely on for food.
- Small plane lands in ocean; occupants swim away unharmed Updated: Feb-02-16 5:55 pm
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Two young men swam away unharmed after a small plane they were flying crashed in the ocean off a Florida beach.
- Plan to give $150M to LI sewage outfall pipe plan rejected Updated: Jan-22-16 5:52 am
EAST ROCKAWAY, New York - A federal agency has rejected an application for $150 million in federal money for an ocean-outfall pipe at a Long Island sewage treatment plant.
- Support leg breaks as SpaceX rocket lands on ocean barge Updated: Jan-17-16 4:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - After successfully delivering a U.S.-European ocean-monitoring satellite into orbit, a Space X rocket made a hard landing on a floating barge in the roiling Pacific, breaking a support leg and toppling over Sunday.
- Unusual January tropical storm forms southwest of Hawaii Updated: Jan-08-16 8:57 pm
HONOLULU - An El Nino-related tropical storm has formed southwest of Hawaii, only the third such system to develop in January in over 40 years.
- Unmanned college boat crosses Atlantic Ocean Updated: Jan-07-16 8:10 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A tiny, unmanned boat has crossed most of the Atlantic Ocean from Wilmington to near the coast of Ireland.