- Polish man crosses Atlantic Ocean in kayak Updated: Apr-20-14 11:49 am
- Fewer NJSTARS enrolling in 4-year NJ colleges Updated: Apr-19-14 11:56 am
- Rare sighting of bowhead whale in Cape Cod Bay Updated: Apr-18-14 12:57 pm
- Ocean ships arrive at Indiana's Lake Michigan port Updated: Apr-18-14 11:58 am
- Jamaica reports big drop in lionfish sightings Updated: Apr-13-14 8:04 pm
- Iran calls off plan to send warships to Atlantic Updated: Apr-13-14 5:53 am
- Report: Charges reduced for minivan in ocean case Updated: Apr-09-14 7:46 am
- Rescuer of 3 children gets college scholarship. Updated: Apr-02-14 5:32 am
- Whitefish man honored for locating Apollo rockets Updated: Mar-27-14 2:26 pm
- Time, uncertainty make plane hunt uniquely hard Updated: Mar-25-14 8:18 am
- Police identify woman recovered from ocean in NH Updated: Mar-21-14 1:19 pm
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Florida - A 67-year-old Polish adventurer paddled his kayak into New Smyrna Beach on Saturday to mark the end of a 6,000-mile, trans-Atlantic journey.
PLEASANTVILLE, New Jersey - The number of high school graduates participating in the NJSTARS college scholarship program has been reduced by almost half since the program's peak in 2008-09, when the state began limiting access to control costs.
PROVINCETOWN, Massachusetts - Researchers have identified a bowhead whale in Cape Cod Bay - the second time in recorded history the animal has been seen so far south in the Atlantic Ocean.
PORTAGE, Indiana - Oceangoing ships are once again cruising into Indiana's main Lake Michigan port after overcoming the worst Great Lakes ice conditions in decades to start the port's overseas shipping season.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica is reporting a big decline in sightings of lionfish, the voracious invasive species that has been wreaking havoc on regional reefs for years and wolfing down native juvenile fish and crustaceans.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's semi-official Fars news agency is reporting that the country has temporarily called off a plan to dispatch warships to the Atlantic Ocean.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Prosecutors in Daytona Beach say they've filed attempted second-degree murder and child abuse charges against a pregnant South Carolina woman who drove a minivan carrying her three small children into the Atlantic surf.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A 21-year-old college student is getting a scholarship for his role in rescuing three children whose mother drove their minivan into the surf off Daytona Beach.
KALISPELL, Montana - Jay Larsen was towing a chirping sonar device three miles beneath the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, trolling the Bermuda Triangle for lost artifacts, when he discovered a trove of buried treasure that had spent more than 40 years lost at sea.
CANBERRA, Australia - Not one object has been recovered from the missing airliner that Malaysian officials are now convinced plunged into the southern Indian Ocean 17 days ago. Some of the pieces are likely 3,500 meters (11,500 feet) underwater. Others are bobbing in a fickle system of currents that one oceanographer compares to a pinball machine. And by now, they could easily be hundreds of kilometers (miles) away from each other.
RYE, New Hampshire - Police have identified the body pulled from the Atlantic Ocean near a beach in Rye.