- LePage: Maine to benefit from new sea lane Updated: Dec-05-13 1:23 pm
- Regulators scrap shrimp season in Gulf of Maine Updated: Dec-03-13 5:00 pm
- SS United States is being prepared for a new life Updated: Nov-28-13 1:25 pm
- Weak 2013 Atlantic hurricane season draws to close Updated: Nov-25-13 5:31 pm
- NY to buy homes in NYC neighborhood hit by Sandy Updated: Nov-18-13 6:55 pm
- Visit the shore and you'll find splendid isolation Updated: Nov-17-13 10:07 am
- Police ID missing Fla. man who fell from plane Updated: Nov-15-13 6:34 pm
- Sub going to museum, but sailors stow its secrets Updated: Nov-13-13 12:59 pm
- Satellite hits Atlantic - but what about next one? Updated: Nov-11-13 10:17 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage says the state could benefit from climate change through the opening of a new maritime shipping route, the Northeast Passage.
PORTLAND, Maine - Regulators on Tuesday scrapped the shrimp season in the Gulf of Maine for the first time in more than 30 years after shrimp populations dipped to the lowest levels on record.
PHILADELPHIA - Its future is still uncertain, but the SS United States is getting a below-the-deck makeover to make it more appealing for developers interested in turning what was once the world's fastest ocean liner into a massive dockside attraction.
MIAMI - The 2013 Atlantic season has delivered the fewest hurricanes since 1982, U.S. forecasters said Monday, despite their predictions in May that it would be a busier than normal year.
NEW YORK - Residents of a flood-prone area battered by Superstorm Sandy are getting a financial lifeline, with state officials announcing a plan to buy all 129 homes in a neighborhood sandwiched between a tidal marsh and the Atlantic Ocean.
ASSATEAGUE, Maryland - Serenity. Solitude. Tranquility.
MIAMI - Authorities released the identity Friday of a Florida man who they say fell out of a private plane, and searchers continued looking for his body in the Atlantic Ocean near Miami.
GROTON, Connecticut - It could dive deeper than any other submarine, and when it reached the ocean floor, the one-of-a-kind Navy vessel could roll on wheels with lights illuminating the depths outside its windows.
BERLIN - This time it splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean - but what about next time?