- Great white shark cruising East Coast becomes Twitter star Updated: May-17-15 6:00 pm
BOSTON - They're gonna need a bigger Twitter.
- Alaska is first phase of Arctic Ocean fiber optic project Updated: May-11-15 11:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Marine surveying will start again this summer near Alaska's coastal communities in a wide-reaching effort to improve communications by laying a $700 million fiber-optic cable linking Europe and Asia through the Arctic Ocean.
- Newport history, beauty propel sailors in global ocean race Updated: May-10-15 12:01 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - This City by the Sea is riding a wave of excitement harkening to its heyday as an international sailing mecca as it hosts this year's only North American stopover on the Volvo Ocean Race.
- Tropical storm Ana, a bit weaker, near coast of Carolinas Updated: May-10-15 5:11 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Tropical Storm Ana weakened slightly as it lumbered just off the coast of South Carolina, sending pounding surf crashing against Atlantic beaches as it prepared to bluster inland, forecasters said.
- Orlando native will try to row solo across Pacific Ocean Updated: May-10-15 12:58 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Half her lifetime ago, Sonya Baumstein approached a table at Winter Park High School, intrigued by a sport she knew little about.
- Religious leaders plan prayers during Bikefest Updated: May-04-15 9:29 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Religious leaders on the Grand Strand will pray for the safety of those attending the Atlantic Beach Bikefest this month after violence marred the event last year.
- Young Delaware students track their boat across Atlantic Updated: May-02-15 2:58 pm
FELTON, Delaware - It was a chilly, rainy day in Ireland on Tuesday when Sean Creaven and his dog, Daisy, found a little white boat washed up on the shores of Strandhill Beach in County Sligo.
- Lean year for New England cod ahead as shutdown looms Updated: Apr-26-15 9:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Catch limits set to take effect this week will take a bite out of an industry that dates back to America's colonial past: New England cod.