- No charges for man who shot cousin's kidnapper Updated: Apr-23-14 6:12 pm
- Search committee asks board to clarify authority Updated: Apr-23-14 10:47 am
- Voters to decide on sales tax at Lafayette airport Updated: Apr-23-14 10:43 am
- Lafayette school board seeks tenant for property Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 am
- 3 House bills target Lafayette school board Updated: Apr-21-14 10:49 am
- Ala. man sentenced for copyright violation Updated: Apr-21-14 7:26 am
- La shuts down bar after underage sales raid Updated: Apr-20-14 7:10 pm
- State cites Lafayette with cultural award Updated: Apr-19-14 4:25 am
- SLCC scholarship deadline approaches Updated: Apr-18-14 6:55 am
- Case of man who killed kidnapper before grand jury Updated: Apr-17-14 10:16 am
- Lafayette school board approves security presence Updated: Apr-17-14 8:28 am
- GSU holds vigil for student who drowned in park Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 am
- School meal prices could rise in Lafayette Parish Updated: Apr-16-14 7:31 am
- Judge Durwood Conque will retire at end of year Updated: Apr-16-14 7:25 am
- 2 eggs offer hope for endangered whooping cranes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:38 am
- Sunset considers joining Lafayette planning group Updated: Apr-15-14 10:25 am
- Man sentenced for 2011 assault on mail carrier Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 am
- BancorpSouth buying Louisiana-based insurance firm Updated: Apr-14-14 4:19 pm
- Holy Week crawfish supply should satisfy demand Updated: Apr-14-14 10:14 am
- College students to study in France Updated: Apr-14-14 4:14 am
- La.-Lafayette holds off UAL in college baseball Updated: Apr-13-14 6:33 pm
- Charter school fills open slots with lottery Updated: Apr-11-14 10:19 am
- French Legion of Honor presented to Lafayette man Updated: Apr-11-14 7:43 am
- Lafayette airport tax request heading to council Updated: Apr-10-14 10:15 am
- Lafayette home sales dip in first quarter Updated: Apr-10-14 9:49 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette Parish grand jury has declined to bring charges against a man in the fatal shooting of a suspect accused of abducting and stabbing his cousin.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A search committee charged with recommending a new general counsel for the Lafayette Parish School Board wants the full board to look at revising the policy that gave the committee the authority to recommend lawyers.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council approved putting a temporary sales tax on the ballot later this year that, if passed by voters, would help fund a bigger, modern terminal at Lafayette Regional Airport.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board's property at the highly-trafficked corner of Ridge Road and Ambassador Caffery Parkway still is without a tenant.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board meets Wednesday to consider taking a formal and unified stand against proposed legislation that singles out the board.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An Alabama man faces two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to copyright infringement in November.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control says it has closed a Lafayette bar for allegedly selling alcohol to people less than 21 years old.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette's downtown area has been selected to receive the state's Cultural District Award for 2014.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - May 1 is the deadline for South Louisiana Community College students to apply for more than $60,000 in available scholarships for the upcoming academic year.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette Parish grand jury will decide next week whether to charge the man who in November shot to death a kidnapper who abducted his cousin.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A school resource officer is expected to become a regular attendee at Lafayette Parish School Board meetings.
GRAMBLING, Louisiana - Grambling State University students will hold a candlelight vigil for their deceased classmate Alexandria Shelton at 11 a.m. Thursday.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - School meals could increase by 25 cents to help cover the rising costs of food and other expenses to staff Lafayette Parish school cafeterias.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish Judge Durwood Conque says he will retire when his six-year term ends in December.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two eggs sitting on a nest of marsh grass and sticks in a crawfish pond offer a hope in a project to bring back the endangered whooping crane to south Louisiana.
SUNSET, Louisiana - A grant opportunity could give Sunset the parish's first roundabout intersection.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 33-year-old Opelousas man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison and five years of supervised release for assaulting and robbing a U.S. Postal Service carrier.
TUPELO, Mississippi - BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., a subsidiary of BancorpSouth Bank, has agreed to acquire the assets of Lafayette, Louisiana-based Knox Insurance Group LLC.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana crawfishermen and the merchants who sell the crustacean to retail customers say the supply should be enough to satisfy appetites during Holy Week and Easter weekend.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - South Louisiana Community College's first study-abroad program will begin this summer in Paris.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Louisiana-Lafayette got strong starting pitching and timely hitting to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock 6-3 in Sun Belt Conference baseball in Lafayette, Louisiana
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Nearly 500 slots have been filled at the new Willow Charter Academy, scheduled to open in August.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - When Hewitt Gomez was just 18 years old, he was navigating B-24 bombers under the cover of darkness in war-torn Europe, dropping spies and supplies to troops and Resistance fighters.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An election for a 1 percent sales tax to fund a new terminal and other improvements at Lafayette Regional Airport is on its way to the City-Parish Council.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Home sales in Lafayette Parish were down 5 percent for the first three months of this year based on listings reported to the Realtor Association of Acadiana.