- Buddhist monk faces March trial in embezzlement case Updated: Feb-11-16 2:27 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Buddhist monk faces trial in March on charges he embezzled more than $200,000 from his Lafayette temple to feed a casino gambling habit.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- The Latest: Dead ID'd in shooting after Mississippi parade Updated: Feb-07-16 8:17 pm
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Latest on a shooting in south Mississippi after a Mardi Gras parade (all times local):
- Chevron may cut 385 Louisiana workers Updated: Feb-06-16 12:15 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - American oil giant Chevron has reaffirmed forecasts that it may cut as many as 385 jobs in the Gulf of Mexico this year - 45 of them working offshore and the remainder in offices in Covington and Lafayette.
- Louisiana-Lafayette downs Appalachian State 87-76 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:17 pm
BOONE, North Carolina - Shawn Long scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for his 68th career double-double and Louisiana-Lafayette beat Appalachian State 87-76 on Thursday night to win its eighth-straight game.
- School bus camera plans rejected by Lafayette school board Updated: Feb-04-16 7:14 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board has rejected proposals from two companies for camera services on school buses. The board decided to explore purchasing their own cameras to monitor activity inside the buses and to catch drivers who break school bus traffic laws.
- Purdue adds building blocks along offensive, defensive lines Updated: Feb-03-16 5:11 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue coach Darrell Hazell always was up front about where the Boilermakers needed to improve.
- Louisiana-Lafayette beats Louisiana-Monroe 72-65 in overtime Updated: Feb-02-16 10:51 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Shawn Long scored a season-high 28 with 17 rebounds and Johnathan Stove had 13 points to help Louisiana-Lafayette slip past Louisiana-Monroe 72-65 in overtime Tuesday night for its seventh-straight win.
- Landowners sue to get Lafayette railroad yard cleaned up Updated: Feb-02-16 7:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A lawsuit seeks to force the cleanup of an old railroad yard, raising concerns about decades-old contamination possibly threatening Lafayette's water supply.
- 6 arrested in 'pay-for-plea' corruption case in Lafayette Updated: Feb-01-16 7:09 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Vowing to crack down on public corruption in Louisiana, the state's new attorney general announced the arrests on Monday of six people on charges related to a bribery investigation of a south Louisiana district attorney's office.
- Clinic provides free medicine for working uninsured Updated: Jan-27-16 8:09 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette clinic that for 10 years provided free prescription medication for some Acadiana residents will now serve only uninsured workers who live in Lafayette Parish.
- Louisiana-Lafayette suspends guard Jaylyn Gordon Updated: Jan-27-16 4:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette guard Jaylyn Gordon has been suspended indefinitely from the women's basketball program for a violation of team rules.
- Lafayette area to see a lot of highway work soon Updated: Jan-25-16 7:35 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Later this year the Lafayette area is expected to become the scene of major highway work.
- State extends time for public input on I-49 Connector Updated: Jan-25-16 9:49 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The state Department of Transportation and Development is extending the timeline for input on the proposed Interstate 49 Connector through Lafayette.
- Long reaches 2,000, Louisiana-Lafayette beats Troy 88-65 Updated: Jan-23-16 9:54 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Shawn Long passed 2,000 career points and finished with 20 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks on Saturday night to help Louisiana-Lafayette beat Troy 88-65.
- Judge OKs plan to help desegregate St. Martin schools Updated: Jan-23-16 3:48 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A federal judge has approved a plan to shift school attendance zones in St. Martin Parish to help resolve a decades-old desegregation case.
- Louisiana man claims $1M runner-up Powerball prize Updated: Jan-22-16 2:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 60-year-old St. Tammany Parish man has claimed a $1 million runner up prize in the Powerball drawing held Jan. 13.
- Southern University working to fill 3 chancellor posts Updated: Jan-22-16 12:19 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Southern University system is working to fill three chancellor openings.
- Louisiana-Lafayette cruises to 92-82 win over South Alabama Updated: Jan-21-16 11:33 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Kasey Shepherd drained six 3-pointers and scored 27 points to lead Louisiana Lafayette to a 92-82 win over South Alabama on Thursday night.
- Funding shortage forces public defender to delay cases Updated: Jan-20-16 11:06 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The head of the office that provides criminal defense lawyers for poor people in three Acadiana parishes says inadequate funding is forcing his office to put defendants on a waiting list for legal counsel.
- Trial postponed in 2014 hit-and-run bicyclist death Updated: Jan-20-16 7:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Trial for a 43-year-old Kaplan man accused in a 2014 hit-and-run crash near Milton that killed a Youngsville bicyclist has been postponed until June 20.
- Lafayette Capt. Reginald Thomas named interim police chief Updated: Jan-20-16 4:12 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 25-year veteran of the Lafayette Police Department has been named interim police chief.
- Groundbreaking held for Lafayette airport cargo facility Updated: Jan-20-16 4:08 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Regional Airport has broken ground on a new $5.1 million cargo operations facility.
- La.-Lafayette running back McGuire to also play basketball Updated: Jan-18-16 1:29 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette running back Elijah McGuire has been granted permission to play basketball for the Ragin Cajuns this season.
- Georgia Southern cruises past Louisiana-Monroe 66-51 Updated: Jan-16-16 7:22 pm
STATESBORO, Georgia - Mike Hughes scored 13 of his 15 points in the first half as Georgia Southern built an 11-point halftime lead and cruised to a 66-51 victory on Saturday night.