- Lafayette City-Parish president threatens budget veto Updated: Sep-04-15 7:57 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council has adopted a $621 million budget for 2015-16, but City-Parish President Joey Durel threatens to veto all or part of it.
- Officials may revisit ban on new bars in downtown Lafayette Updated: Sep-02-15 10:13 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette city-parish officials may soon revisit a 12-year-old ban on new bars in downtown Lafayette. The move would open the door for allowing new venues under certain circumstances.
- Lipsticks strip club owner, ex-police chief enter pleas Updated: Sep-02-15 8:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The owner of the former strip club Lipsticks and an ex-police chief charged with malfeasance have pleaded not guilty to various charges, including 20 counts of principal to obscenity.
- Lafayette school board holds off on bus changes for now Updated: Sep-02-15 8:05 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish School Board members said they need more time to review possible changes to bus routes and bell times before making any final decisions.
- Woman pleads to defrauding investors of $1.27 million Updated: Sep-02-15 4:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette woman has pleaded guilty to defrauding investors out of more than $1.27 million.
- 1 dead in 3-vehicle Lafayette crash Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Police say a driver died after running a red light in Lafayette.
- State duck calling champion named at Gueydan festival Updated: Aug-31-15 7:38 am
GUEYDAN, Louisiana - The 24-year-old Lafayette native has won the Louisiana State Duck Calling Contest.
- Bell says $26M helicopter assembly plant is completed Updated: Aug-28-15 4:22 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Bell Helicopter Textron Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas, says its new assembly center in Lafayette is open for business.
- Appeals court asked to review sentence in fatal shooting Updated: Aug-27-15 10:57 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An appellate court has been asked to review the 13-month sentence Seth Fontenot received in July for killing one teen and wounding two others
- Dedicated funding source sought for courthouse Updated: Aug-25-15 4:02 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish's Clerk of Court Louis Perret is looking for a pot of money to set aside to build a new state district courthouse in downtown Lafayette.
- State officials may testify in axed superintendent's lawsuit Updated: Aug-24-15 6:58 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Three state officials are on the witness list of former Lafayette Parish Superintendent Pat Cooper, who sued after his firing in 2014.
- Lafayette recycling changes considered Updated: Aug-21-15 8:43 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette's curbside recycling program may see some changes.
- Lafayette downtown bar told it can no longer operate as bar Updated: Aug-20-15 10:07 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The largest bar in downtown Lafayette can no longer be a bar.
- More than 100 students leave charters for public schools Updated: Aug-20-15 8:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - In the first two days of classes, more than 100 students transferred from local charter schools back to the Lafayette Parish School System.
- Lafayette General to buy Regional Medical Center of Acadiana Updated: Aug-20-15 6:52 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Officials with Lafayette General Health say they will acquire Regional Medical Center of Acadiana later this year from HCA MidAmerica, a division of the Nashville, Tennessee-based Hospital Corporation of America.
- Changes to Lafayette's charter will be on Nov. 21 ballot Updated: Aug-19-15 11:41 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two proposed changes to Lafayette's Home Rule Charter will be on the Nov. 21 ballot.
- More Acadiana schools offering online classes Updated: Aug-19-15 11:28 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Several school systems and charter schools are offering virtual learning options as a way to attract home-schooled students, prevent dropouts and give students an easier way to balance lives that often involve working to help their families.
- Lafayette council adopts safety regulations for Uber Updated: Aug-19-15 4:06 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Drivers with Uber and similar ride-hailing services in Lafayette are now subject to safety requirements similar to those of taxicab drivers.
- Smoking ban for some Lafayette bars on the table Updated: Aug-14-15 11:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Smoking in bars may yet be banned in Lafayette, at least in bars with live music.
- Lafayette board approves bonds to pay for new high school Updated: Aug-14-15 8:31 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board has agreed to use $66 million in bonds for construction of a new high school in Youngsville. Under a proposal released Thursday night, that money would pay for the first phase of the school. That phase would open in August 2017 for 1,400 freshmen and sophomores.
- Lafayette school board eases in grading charges Updated: Aug-13-15 11:14 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board has approved some changes to the district's grading policies, but in a more modified form than originally proposed.
- Lafayette School Board committee to take up tax proposals Updated: Aug-11-15 11:17 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish school system's staff is asking the board's finance committee to consider supporting a $120 million bond sale and property tax increases to pay for school construction and improvements.
- Former officer sentenced for criminal activities at club Updated: Aug-11-15 11:11 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Former Carencro police Sgt. Timothy Prejean has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for accepting cash from a strip club owner who handed Prejean $100 bills to ignore the prostitution and illegal drug sales at Desperado's Gentlemen's Cabaret.
- 10 years for making bomb threat as part of holdup plan Updated: Aug-11-15 8:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 31-year-old man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for claiming there was a bomb on a university campus to distract police from an attempt to rob a bank, U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley said Monday.
- Louisiana-Lafayette receiver Jared Johnson out for season Updated: Aug-10-15 2:53 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - University of Louisiana at Lafayette junior receiver Jared Johnson will undergo season-ending knee surgery to repair a torn tendon this week.