- Work continues to modernize Lafayette Parish Courthouse Updated: Nov-30-15 1:11 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Work is expected to begin in January on the next phase of modernizing the Lafayette Parish Courthouse.
- Life sentence upheld in Iberia Parish girl's scalding death Updated: Nov-28-15 8:14 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A state appeals court has upheld the conviction of a New Iberia man for beating his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter and then scalding her to death.
- Appalachian State rolls over Louisiana-Lafayette 28-7 Updated: Nov-28-15 5:25 pm
BOONE, North Carolina - Jalin Moore rushed for 104 yards and a touchdown and Taylor Lamb threw for 172 yards and another score as Appalachian State scored a touchdown in every quarter to beat Louisiana-Lafayette 28-7 on Saturday.
- La.-Lafayette custodian recycles trash into dolls Updated: Nov-26-15 4:54 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - She wears a gray cotton dress, black Crocs and her blonde hair in a bob.
- Judge orders documents sealed in capital murder case Updated: Nov-25-15 8:21 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A district judge has sealed motions filed in a capital case against 24-year-old Landon Broussard, a Lafayette man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son to death.
- Voters choose to change title of Lafayette Parish leader Updated: Nov-23-15 3:20 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish voters have chosen to change the title of city-parish government's chief executive from "president" to "mayor-president," a new designation proposed by outgoing City-Parish President - now Mayor-President - Joey Durel.
- Hotel taxes pass in Caddo-Bossier, Baker Updated: Nov-22-15 11:33 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Taxing visitors is a good way to raise money, voters in Baker and in Caddo and Bossier parishes decided. They approved new hotel taxes expected to raise $1.7 million a year in northwest Louisiana and $25,000 to $30,000 annually in Baker.
- New Mexico State edges Louisiana-Lafayette 37-34 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:11 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Gregory Hogan hauled in a touchdown pass to tie the game late in the fourth quarter and Parker Davidson nailed a 21-yard field goal to lift New Mexico State to a 37-34 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
- Hale hits 5 3s, Alabama beats Louisiana-Lafayette 105-93 Updated: Nov-20-15 11:52 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Shannon Hale scored 18 points to help Alabama beat Louisiana-Lafayette 105-93 Friday night.
- Lafayette I-49 Connector committees voice design concerns Updated: Nov-20-15 5:35 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Representatives of two advisory committees are expressing concerns over preliminary engineering designs for an interstate connector through Lafayette.
- President-elect of Lafayette council seeks job applicants Updated: Nov-19-15 7:53 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette City-Parish President-elect Joel Robideaux has put out a call for job applicants, though no information was released on the status of current staff members when he takes office Jan. 4.
- UL task force introduces school's new sexual assault policy Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Title IX Task Force has presented the school's new sexual assault policy at the university's student union.
- Lafayette leaders help redevelopers with overdue tax bills Updated: Nov-18-15 10:43 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council has voted to make it easier to redevelop abandoned houses, messy lots and other blighted property with long overdue tax bills.
- Miami cruises to 93-77 win over Louisiana Lafayette Updated: Nov-16-15 10:52 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Balanced scoring has helped Miami open the season with two dominant wins.
- Louisiana Lafayette trounces Louisiana College 108-68 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:50 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Devonta Walker scored 17 points on 6-of-6 shooting and Louisiana Lafayette beat Division III Louisiana College 108-68 on Friday night.
- Lafayette General keeps most employees in hospital takeover Updated: Nov-13-15 11:26 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - At least 486 of about 560 employees of the former HCA-owned Regional Medical Center of Acadiana retained their jobs as Lafayette General took over the facility last week.
- Johnson's go-ahead TD leads South Alabama past LA-Lafayette Updated: Nov-12-15 11:26 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - E.J. May made a late interception to set up Xavier Johnson's go-ahead 16-yard touchdown run with 3:32 left and South Alabama beat Louisiana-Lafayette 32-25 on Thursday night.
- Lafayette council member calls for truce in boundary battle Updated: Nov-12-15 9:39 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - At least one Lafayette City-Parish Councilman wants a truce in the festering feud with Vermilion Parish over the location of the parish line.
- EcoServ opens $12 million offshore waste-handling facility Updated: Nov-12-15 7:14 am
PORT FOURCHON, Louisiana - Lafayette-based EcoServ, a specialty cleaner for offshore energy companies, has invested about $12 million in a new multipurpose facility at Port Fourchon.
- Lafayette's Cajundome in line for extensive, $20M makeover Updated: Nov-11-15 11:18 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette's Cajundome is preparing for its most extensive renovation in three decades. A $20 million makeover will bring new seating, new lights, a rejuvenated roof and host of other upgrades.
- Louisiana-Lafayette edges Georgia State 23-21 Updated: Nov-07-15 6:02 pm
ATLANTA - Stevie Artigue kicked a 21-yard field goal in the fourth quarter after a failed Georgia State fake punt and Louisiana-Lafayette took a 23-21 victory on Saturday.
- Lafayette man killed in crash with 18-wheeler on I-10 Updated: Nov-06-15 12:39 pm
RAMAH, Louisiana - State police say a 50-year-old Lafayette man died when his small SUV crashed into the rear of an 18-wheeler on Interstate 10 in Iberville Parish
- Acadian Middle School provides space for student clinic Updated: Nov-06-15 7:46 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center will soon have its own space at Acadian Middle School to help students with sore throats, sniffles and other ailments.
- Lafayette school system seeks new top-level administrator Updated: Nov-05-15 8:21 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish Superintendent Donald Aguillard plans to add a new staff member to his team to work with the district's lowest-performing schools.
- LHC Group profit rises in third quarter Updated: Nov-05-15 7:39 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - LHC Group, a Lafayette-based home nursing company, reported its third-quarter profit climbed to $8.8 million, or 50 cents per share, compared to $6.2 million, or 36 cents per share, a year ago.