- Pedestrian critical after being hit by train Updated: Dec-09-13 8:38 pm
- Passenger awakes to find himself locked in plane Updated: Dec-09-13 1:47 pm
- Rush for GED on in Lafayette Parish Updated: Dec-09-13 9:19 am
- Officials confident Faulk Elementary will improve Updated: Dec-09-13 7:28 am
- Louisiana-Lafayette loses big to No. 7 Louisville Updated: Dec-07-13 6:42 pm
- No. 7 Louisville routs Louisiana-Lafayette, 113-74 Updated: Dec-07-13 5:48 pm
- Man pleads guilty to unauthorized use of database Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 am
- Board approves lawsuit settlement negotiations Updated: Dec-05-13 7:01 am
- UL-Lafayette wins at Louisiana Tech 89-80 Updated: Dec-04-13 11:03 pm
- Panel starts Lafayette comprehensive plan review Updated: Dec-04-13 10:31 am
- Stepfather charged in drowning death Updated: Dec-04-13 10:25 am
- School tax plan nixed for lack of support Updated: Dec-04-13 10:19 am
- Lafayette moves forward to ditch tax rebate Updated: Dec-04-13 10:11 am
- Floodgates planned for Vermilion Bay Updated: Dec-03-13 10:06 am
- Superintendent ask Lafayette board for mediation Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 am
- St. Landry joins regional transportation agency Updated: Dec-03-13 4:34 am
- Councilman: Are 30 'dollar stores' too many? Updated: Dec-02-13 10:11 am
- Louisiana-Monroe defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 31-28 Updated: Nov-30-13 11:17 pm
- Cuts force closure of Acadiana Youth Program Updated: Nov-28-13 11:29 am
- Louisiana-Lafayette beats Northwestern St. 105-74 Updated: Nov-27-13 11:13 pm
- 1 arrested, search continues for second suspect Updated: Nov-27-13 7:46 pm
- Lafayette charter schools ready for 2014 opening Updated: Nov-27-13 8:49 am
- State clamps down on alcohol sales violations Updated: Nov-26-13 10:01 am
- Former teacher arrested on molestation count Updated: Nov-26-13 9:37 am
- 2 plead guilty to selling drugs at strip club Updated: Nov-26-13 9:13 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette man is in critical condition after police say he was struck by a train.
HOUSTON - As the captain of an oil platform supply boat in the Gulf of Mexico, Tom Wagner is no stranger to bumps and other movement while he sleeps. So when he nodded off on a flight from Louisiana to Houston, it was no surprise that the landing bounce didn't wake him.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish school system has seen an increase in the number of GED test takers trying to beat an end-of-year deadline before their prior test results become invalid.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette school system officials are closely monitoring the academic progress at J.W. Faulk Elementary, the district's only F-rated school.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisiana-Lafayette seemed to be in a good place late in the first half against No. 7 Louisville, using good perimeter shooting and showing a fearlessness to build several small leads against the defending national champions.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville used a burst of sustained energy to wear down Louisiana-Lafayette.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A former sheriff's deputy has pleaded guilty to federal charges of unauthorized use of an FBI database to check the criminal history of two people for non-law enforcement purposes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Parish School Board gave its attorney permission to move forward with settlement negotiations related to a lawsuit filed by a parent whose daughter was struck by a school bus in 2012.
RUSTON, Louisiana - Kasey Shepherd scored a career-high 22 to lead Louisiana-Lafayette to an 89-80 victory at Louisiana Tech on Wednesday night.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A citizens advisory committee is reviewing and prioritizing elements of the draft Lafayette Parish comprehensive plan that was released last week.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A bill of information has been filed against Kerry Wayne Bertrand, stepfather of Skylar Lee Credeur, charging him with manslaughter in her drowning death.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new tax to fund Lafayette Parish schools likely won't hit the school board floor again for consideration until late 2014 - after school board elections in the fall.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette City-Parish Council is considering doing away with a rebate that helps retailers cover the cost of collecting sales tax - a move widely panned by the business community.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two flood gates are planned in Iberia and Vermilion parishes that supporters say could hold back some of the storm surge such as when water pushed into homes when Hurricane Rita hit southwest Louisiana in 2005.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish Superintendent Pat Cooper is proposing that he and the school board come together within the next couple of months to sort out their differences.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - St. Landry Parish has joined the Lafayette Metropolitan Planning Organization, the region's transportation planning agency.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Some members of the Lafayette City-Parish Council feel there might be an overabundance of so-called "dollar stores."
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Kolton Browning threw two touchdown passes and Louisiana-Monroe held on to defeat Louisiana-Lafayette 31-28 Saturday night.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - At the end of this year, the Acadiana Youth Program will be closing its doors for good.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Shawn Long scored 22 points and pulled down 15 rebounds as Louisiana-Lafayette rolled up its highest point total of the season in a 105-74 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A man suspected of promoting child sex-trafficking has surrendered to Louisiana State Police.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two groups approved to start three charter schools in Lafayette Parish say they are on track to open schools as planned in August and one is already starting to look for key staff to run its schools.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Sixteen downtown Lafayette businesses were cited on numerous violations by the state Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control after a three-month investigation.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A 25-year-old man says he is the victim of the former Catholic High-New Iberia teacher arrested last week and accused of molesting one of her male students 10 years ago.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two more defendants have pleaded guilty in federal court to selling cocaine and other illegal drugs inside Desperado's Gentlemen's Cabaret where prosecutors claim drug use and prostitution ran rampant until police raided the Carencro strip club almost a year ago.