- Russia: Crashed pilot may have had fake license Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- Russia PM: No amnesty for political prisoners Updated: Dec-06-13 9:04 am
- New RFK papers show aftermath of brother's death Updated: Dec-05-13 5:36 pm
- US toasts stronger ties with former Soviet state Updated: Dec-04-13 6:17 pm
- Putin says Russia needs to beef up Arctic presence Updated: Dec-03-13 10:23 am
- Ukraine's protests look different to Russian eyes Updated: Dec-03-13 2:53 am
- Main players in Ukraine's political drama Updated: Dec-02-13 12:45 pm
- 2 fencing team events dropped for Rio Games Updated: Nov-29-13 1:40 pm
- EU blames Russia for failure of deal with Ukraine Updated: Nov-29-13 11:36 am
- Charges filed against former Russian defense chief Updated: Nov-28-13 8:02 am
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 9:33 pm
- Bayern beats CSKA 3-1 in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 3:26 pm
- Police: Russian airport bandits get $2.7M Updated: Nov-27-13 10:50 am
- Russian police: 14 extremists detained in Moscow Updated: Nov-27-13 5:49 am
- Ahead of Olympics, Russia's mixed message on gays Updated: Nov-27-13 3:52 am
- A lot at stake for Russia in battle for Ukraine Updated: Nov-26-13 4:35 pm
- Bayern Munich wants 1st place in Group D Updated: Nov-26-13 6:41 am
- Putin meets pope and Berlusconi in Italy Updated: Nov-25-13 5:53 pm
- EU, Russia face off before divisive summit Updated: Nov-25-13 11:19 am
- Editorial: Russia tries to force Ukraine to turn away from... Updated: Nov-22-13 6:21 pm
- Cyr: Iran is an opportunity as well as a challenge Updated: Nov-22-13 12:19 pm
- Ukraine suspends preparations for signing EU deal Updated: Nov-21-13 6:28 pm
- Russian FM: Syrian opposition warms up to talks Updated: Nov-19-13 8:29 am
- Russian investigators seek clues on plane crash Updated: Nov-18-13 9:14 am
- East or West? Ukraine now has to choose its path Updated: Nov-18-13 6:43 am
MOSCOW - The Russian pilot who sent a Boeing 737 into a near-vertical dive, killing all 50 people on board, might have had a fake license, Russian investigators said Friday.
MOSCOW - Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev hinted Friday that members of the punk band Pussy Riot, former tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky and others widely referred to as political prisoners will not be freed in Russia's upcoming amnesty.
BOSTON - Newly released papers show that in the weeks and months following the assassination of president John F. Kennedy, brother Robert F. Kennedy and other family members fielded expressions of condolences from around the world while dealing with practical issues including the design of the president's permanent grave and how best to chronicle his life.
CHISINAU, Moldova - Between diplomatic headaches in Afghanistan and the Mideast, John Kerry spent happy hour Wednesday praising a wine-producing but poor Eastern European nation for resisting Russia's grasp.
MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday said the U.S. navy's capability in the Arctic is a key reason for Russia to beef up its presence in the region.
MOSCOW - As the cry for revolution grows louder from Ukrainian protesters rallying for closer ties with Europe, the Kremlin is eager to stave off copycat efforts in Russia. State media are casting the protesters in Kiev as Western-sponsored "professional revolutionaries" bent on violently toppling the government.
KIEV, Ukraine - The Ukrainian government's abrupt decision to freeze ties with the West and violently disperse a peaceful rally has fueled public anger and drawn hundreds of thousands to the streets of the Ukrainian capital. Here is a look at the main characters in Ukraine's political drama:
PARIS - The men's saber team event and the women's foil team event have been dropped for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
VILNIUS, Lithuania - EU leaders Friday revived Cold War rhetoric Friday, accusing Russia of bullying Ukraine into ditching a landmark deal so the former Soviet republic would stay locked in Moscow's orbit.
MOSCOW - Criminal charges were filed Thursday against the former Russian defense minister, who was accused of using servicemen and government funds to build a road to a vacation home and do landscaping work on the property.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain qualified Wednesday for the round of 16 in the Champions League. Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stage.
MOSCOW - Defending champion Bayern Munich beat CSKA Moscow 3-1 on Wednesday, setting a new Champions League record of 10 straight victories.
MOSCOW - Russian police say armed men in camouflage outfits robbed a passenger at Sheremetyevo Airport of a bag reportedly holding $2.7 million.
MOSCOW - Russian police say they have detained 14 suspected members of a banned radical Islamic organization.
MOSCOW - Anyone who switched on Russian TV recently might have been forgiven for thinking the Kremlin was relaxing its hard line on gays: Images of rainbow flags and a happy same-sex couple looking adoringly at their child flashed across the screen.
MOSCOW - Russia's vigorous efforts to keep Ukraine within its orbit of influence stem from complex strategic, emotional and cultural issues. As the prospect of Ukraine signing an association agreement with the European Union wanes and Kiev focuses on improving ties with Moscow, here's a look at some of the issues at play:
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayern Munich and Manchester City have already qualified for the knockout stage from Group D, leaving CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen to fight for third place and a slot in the Europa League.
VATICAN CITY - Russian President Vladimir Putin had a busy first day in Rome on Monday, going from the pope to a "Pussy Riot" protest to dinner at the palazzo of his old friend, Silvio Berlusconi.
LANAKEN, Belgium - Little over two decades ago, Moscow ruled Lithuania with an iron fist. Now, the Baltic nation holds the presidency of the European Union.
In their wilder fantasies, Ukrainian democrats surely fantasize about moving their county to a location with better weather, better scenery and most of all without Russia as an immediate neighbor.
Iran continues to be a focus of frustration for United States foreign policy. The fundamentalist Islamic regime in Tehran has long voiced hostility to Israel as well as the U.S. punctuated from time to time with public threats of apocalyptic destruction.
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine said Thursday it was suspending preparations to sign a landmark agreement with the European Union and would focus instead on restoring ties with Russia, appearing to yield to pressure from its powerful neighbor and dealing a harsh blow to plans for the ex-Soviet nation to integrate further with the West.
MOSCOW - Russia on Tuesday urged Syrian President Bashar Assad's government to cooperate with the opposition in fighting "terrorists" and encouraged the regime to speed up the deliveries of humanitarian aid to the population - a call that reflects Moscow's attempt to position itself as a mediator in Syria peace talks.
KAZAN, Russia - Russian investigators on Monday combed through the charred fragments of a Boeing 737 jetliner as they tried to determine what caused its crash that killed all 50 people on board.
KIEV, Ukraine - According to an old folk tradition, if a man knocks on the door of a Ukrainian beauty with a marriage proposal but does not win her heart, she will reject her suitor by presenting him with a pumpkin.