- WWII pilot's remains arrive in NY for burial in his hometown Updated: Jul-29-15 1:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - While growing up in central New York, Mark Shoemaker heard plenty of stories from family members about his Uncle Eddie, a World War II fighter pilot who never returned from the Pacific Theater.
- Interstate gas pipeline re-routed to avoid fragile NY forest Updated: Jul-28-15 5:14 pm
ALBANY, New York - A section of the planned Constitution Pipeline, designed to bring natural gas to New York City and New England, has been redrawn to avoid a 1,000-acre private forest with fragile wetlands.
- Endangered butterfly recovering in some, not all, of range Updated: Jul-26-15 10:53 am
ALBANY, New York - More than 20 years of habitat restoration and breeding programs have helped the endangered Karner blue butterfly make a comeback in the pine barrens of upstate New York where it was discovered by Russian author Vladimir Nabokov decades ago.
- Where's the beef? Fast-food franchisees pan NY wage hike Updated: Jul-23-15 8:59 pm
NEW YORK - Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants to have it his way with New York's fast-food industry - and restaurant owners aren't loving it.
- NY oil tank car inspections lead to 1 immediate fix Updated: Jul-23-15 4:16 am
ALBANY, New York - New York officials say another round of inspections of tank cars and tracks carrying crude oil have found 62 defects, including one requiring an immediate fix.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- Buffalo officials divided on takeover of failing schools Updated: Jul-21-15 7:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - District leaders under state orders to fix 25 failing Buffalo schools or lose control of them say they want to hear more about what New York expects under a new receivership law, even while divided about the model's chances for success.
- Cuomo fills health and human services post in cabinet Updated: Jul-21-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed Paul Francis as his deputy secretary for health and human services.
- NY gets go ahead for new weather detection system Updated: Jul-20-15 3:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York will soon begin work on a new weather detection system intended to provide better data on floods, wildfires and severe weather.
- NY environmental commissioner exiting after bike ride Updated: Jul-20-15 9:31 am
ALBANY, New York - Joe Martens didn't get out too much as New York's environmental commissioner, responsible for millions of acres of wilderness and other protected land, yet he made up some lost ground last week bicycling east across the state.
- New website promotes bicycle tours of New York's Erie Canal Updated: Jul-20-15 7:20 am
ALBANY, New York - There's more than one way to travel the Erie Canal and it doesn't have to be by boat.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in 2-vehicle crash on Albany street Updated: Jul-20-15 6:58 am
ALBANY, New York - Police in Albany say one person is dead and another is hospitalized and facing charges after a two-vehicle crash in the city.
- 3rd public hearing set for Adirondack land-use plan Updated: Jul-20-15 4:06 am
ALBANY, New York - A third public hearing is scheduled this week for the proposed management plan for the Essex Chain Lakes tract in the central Adirondacks.
- State's new legislative leaders see jump in contributions Updated: Jul-16-15 4:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - In Albany, it pays to be in charge.
- Schumer: Bring WWI hero's Medal of Honor to his NY hometown Updated: Jul-16-15 12:27 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Medal of Honor posthumously awarded last month to a World War I soldier from Albany should be put on public display in his hometown, U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer said Thursday.
- Police: Man uninjured after being run over by freight train Updated: Jul-16-15 7:31 am
SCHAGHTICOKE, New York - State police say a man escaped injury after being run over by a freight train while sleeping in the middle of railroad tracks in an upstate New York town.
- Albany County sheriff's sergeant under investigation resigns Updated: Jul-16-15 6:41 am
ALBANY, New York - An Albany County sheriff's sergeant who was facing termination for his use of a Taser stun gun on a teenager has resigned following allegations he left threatening and racist messages on a man's voicemail.
- Flag given to Iroquois in 1813 on display at NY State Museum Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - A flag presented to the Six Nations of the Iroquois more than two centuries ago is now on display at the New York State Museum in downtown Albany.
- Contract worker injured in fall on eastern NY Thruway bridge Updated: Jul-14-15 1:01 pm
COEYMANS, New York - State police say a contract worker has been injured in a fall on a bridge that carries the New York State Thruway's Berkshire Spur over the Hudson River.
- Man's body found at lock on Erie Canal in Albany area Updated: Jul-14-15 9:25 am
WATERFORD, New York - A man's body was been found floating in an Erie Canal lock in the Albany area.
- Police release name of man stabbed to death in Albany Updated: Jul-13-15 10:35 am
ALBANY, New York - Police have released the name of a man who was stabbed to death over the weekend at an Albany apartment building.
- More than 600 bicyclists to pedal along Erie Canal Updated: Jul-11-15 7:04 am
BUFFALO, New York - More than 600 bicyclists start a tour of the Erie Canal from Buffalo to Albany this weekend.
- De Blasio, after hit from Cuomo, does not back down Updated: Jul-09-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - The cold war between New York's two leading Democrats is showing no signs of abating.
- NY farmer group proposes gas well fracking using propane Updated: Jul-09-15 5:35 pm
ALBANY, New York - A group of five farm families is seeking a state permit for a natural gas well using gelled propane instead of water for fracking, thus avoiding New York's ban on high-volume hydraulic fracturing.
- NY Gov. makes Rochester the state's 'capital for a day' Updated: Jul-09-15 12:01 pm
ALBANY, New York - Move over Albany, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has made Rochester the state's "capital for a day."