- Toll violators could face registration suspensions Updated: Apr-18-14 4:39 pm
- NY expanding computerized court records Updated: Apr-17-14 3:51 pm
- NY-based co. closing Syracuse-area lab in July Updated: Apr-17-14 7:55 am
- EPA, NY officials to mark Earth Day Updated: Apr-17-14 3:06 am
- Judge upholds New York's tougher gun law Updated: Apr-16-14 9:48 pm
- Schumer opens NY's new utility control center Updated: Apr-16-14 3:05 am
- Cuomo appoints 5 to NY midlevel appeals courts Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- 4th man sentenced for '12 fatal shooting in Albany Updated: Apr-14-14 11:52 am
- NY casino hopefuls must attend conference, pay $1M Updated: Apr-11-14 3:05 am
- NYC priest ordained Albany's 10th Catholic bishop Updated: Apr-10-14 4:59 pm
- Brooklyn woman admits ID theft of over $500,000 Updated: Apr-10-14 3:06 am
- De Blasio talks successes, challenges and selfies Updated: Apr-09-14 9:49 pm
- Audit: Firm mishandled thousands of NY tax returns Updated: Apr-09-14 3:56 pm
- De Blasio has victories, missteps in 1st 100 days Updated: Apr-09-14 6:41 am
- NY in accord for disabled shoppers' parking access Updated: Apr-09-14 3:05 am
- Beer, wine, cider industry focus of Albany summit Updated: Apr-08-14 5:35 pm
- NY expands youth employment program Updated: Apr-08-14 3:05 am
- Former Assemblyman announces second run for Senate Updated: Apr-07-14 4:23 pm
- DiNapoli rejects test of public campaign financing Updated: Apr-07-14 4:11 pm
- NY gun owners expect few to register under new law Updated: Apr-05-14 1:23 pm
- Police: NY man drowned after falling into icy pond Updated: Apr-03-14 6:32 am
- Seized crime money to fund heroin antidote program Updated: Apr-03-14 3:01 am
- Trump rallies against Cuomo, New York gun control Updated: Apr-01-14 5:39 pm
- Woman getting deported in NY gambling case Updated: Apr-01-14 11:59 am
- Lawmakers back in Albany to discuss budget Updated: Mar-30-14 8:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - Motorists who repeatedly speed through New York state toll booths without paying would see their vehicle registrations suspended under legislation being considered by state lawmakers.
ALBANY, New York - In the transition from paper to computer records, state courts have expanded electronic filing of civil cases to New York City, Long Island and 10 upstate counties with free public access to most information.
CICERO, New York - An Albany-based pharmaceutical company that's part of a $250 million economic development project in Buffalo is shutting down its Syracuse-area research center, eliminating 45 jobs.
ALBANY, New York - Officials from the Environmental Protection Agency and a state parks official are celebrating Earth Day at an Albany park.
ALBANY, New York - A trial-level judge has dismissed a challenge to New York's new gun law, rejecting legal claims that the law was pushed through the legislature improperly and that its restrictions violate the Second Amendment.
RENSSELAER, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer has formally opened the state's new high-tech utility control center near Albany that aims to improve the efficiency of the state's electrical grid.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed five trial court judges to vacancies on midlevel Appellate Division courts.
ALBANY, New York - The last of four men to plead guilty in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in Albany in 2012 has been sentenced to 10 years in state prison.
ALBANY, New York - Applicants for one of the four upstate New York casino licenses have less than two weeks to pay their $1 million application fee.
ALBANY, New York - The cathedral filled with applause as New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan placed the bishop's miter on the head of the Rev. Monsignor Edward Scharfenberger, ordained Thursday as the 10th bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Albany.
ALBANY, New York - A 29-year-old Brooklyn woman is facing prison time and some hefty fines for stealing more than a half-million dollars using counterfeit credit cards.
NEW YORK - Bill de Blasio says New Yorkers are more interested in stopping him for selfies than to give advice. He's found dealing with lawmakers in Albany to be even more frustrating than he expected. And his hiring of key staff has sometimes been influenced by the movie "Moneyball."
ALBANY, New York - A New York state contractor hired to handle paper tax returns cost the state millions in overtime and made mistakes in nearly one quarter of the returns it processed last year, according to a state audit released Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Bill de Blasio, New York City's first Democratic mayor in a generation, has been in office nearly 100 days, a time marked by political hardball over pre-kindergarten, second-guessing over snowplows and an unfortunate attempt to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has reached an agreement with Vornado Realty Corp. to pay $70,000 and ensure disabled drivers' access to parking in lots and garages at 20 shopping centers the company owns around the state.
ALBANY, New York - New York's alcoholic beverage industry was on display at a summit Tuesday organized by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to focus on bolstering the business.
ALBANY, New York - New York state is expanding a program that offers businesses tax credits in exchange for hiring at-risk youth.
ALBANY, New York - Former Republican Assemblyman George Amedore said Monday he is running again for the state Senate seat he narrowly lost two years ago.
ALBANY, New York - Incumbent New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has rejected public campaign financing for his fall re-election bid, although any opponents can still use it.
ALBANY, New York - Many New York gun owners expect the April 15 deadline to register assault weapons under the state's strict new law to be largely ignored.
PITTSTOWN, New York - State police say a man who drowned in a pond outside an upstate New York indoor sports venue was apparently checking on a pump when he slipped into the icy water.
ALBANY, New York - As deaths from heroin and other opiate drugs rise throughout New York, state officials are planning to equip police with an antidote to reverse the effects of overdoses.
ALBANY, New York - Thousands of gun rights supporters rallied outside New York's Capitol Tuesday to call for the repeal of gun control measures championed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, which they intend to use as a rallying cry in the fall elections.
ALBANY, New York - A federal judge in upstate New York has sentenced a 30-year-old Florida resident to probation for laundering more than $8 million for a widespread illegal sports gambling operation.
ALBANY, New York - Lawmakers are back in Albany preparing to vote on the state's fiscal plan due April 1.