- Ex-speaker, once a major powerbroker, is convicted in NY Updated: Nov-30-15 8:10 pm
NEW YORK - Former state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver was convicted Monday in a $5 million corruption case that took down one of New York's most powerful politicians and stunned a capital that had become accustomed to scandal.
- Schumer: Possible Senate step up won't dim love for upstate Updated: Nov-30-15 4:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer capped off another year with visits to every county in New York state, promising Monday to return again in 2016 even if he is elevated to lead the U.S. Senate's Democrats.
- Police: NY man dies when pickup truck hits retaining wall Updated: Nov-30-15 5:56 am
COLONIE, New York - Police say a 28-year-old man has died after his pickup truck crashed over the weekend in upstate New York.
- NY lawmakers to review spending on economic development Updated: Nov-30-15 3:11 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state lawmakers won't return to Albany for more than a month, but a small number are heading back early to review how the state spends money to spur economic development.
- Singletary with 21 points, Albany (NY) routs Yale 88-54 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:11 pm
ALBANY, New York - Evan Singletary scored 21 points and Albany (NY) rolled to an 88-54 rout of Yale on Sunday.
- Political corruption museum could become Albany tourism draw Updated: Nov-28-15 11:25 am
ALBANY, New York - A resident of New York's capital city has an unusual economic development plan to harness what he says is one of Albany's most abundant renewable resources: political corruption.
- Hooley's free throw gives Albany (NY) 74-73 edge over NJIT Updated: Nov-27-15 9:48 pm
ALBANY, New York - Peter Hooley split a pair of free throws with one second left, and Albany (NY) withstood a late surge to edge NJIT 74-73 on Friday night.
- Investigation into wrong-way crash that closed lanes in NY Updated: Nov-27-15 5:52 am
COLONIE, New York - State police are investigating a wrong-way crash on the Northway that injured nine people and temporarily closed northbound lanes near Albany.
- NYC mayor: It's my job to defend NYC's interests in Albany Updated: Nov-25-15 11:06 am
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio says it's his job to defend the interests of New York City in Albany.
- Woman admits killing cousin, reporting fake abduction to 911 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:30 pm
ALBANY, New York - A 20-year-old upstate New York woman admitted Tuesday that she strangled a 5-year-old cousin who had been in her parents' care and discarded his body along a road before calling in a false report that two masked intruders took him from their home.
- Venue owners appeal fine for denying lesbian couple wedding Updated: Nov-23-15 12:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - Owners of a wedding venue who were fined $13,000 for violating the state's anti-discrimination law argued Monday that they should be legally allowed to follow their Christian faith.
- NY bills for costs of care after alleged cases of abuse Updated: Nov-23-15 12:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - Bill Liblick was shocked to learn that his sister, a disabled woman with the mind of a 1-year-old, had repeatedly been sexually assaulted at a state-run group home. Then, after her death, he was astonished again when he received a $1.6 million bill from the state for the cost of her care.
- Ice rink by the state Capitol opening for season Updated: Nov-23-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - The state Office of General Services is getting the ice rink at Albany's Empire State Plaza ready to open for the season.
- Albany coasts to 92-49 win over Oneonta Updated: Nov-21-15 10:23 pm
ALBANY, New York - Mike Rowley scored 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Albany to a 92-49 win over Oneonta on Saturday night.
- Stony Brook beats Albany (NY) 20-2 Updated: Nov-21-15 4:41 pm
STONY BROOK, New York - Conor Bednarski threw for one touchdown, Donald Liotine rushed for 203 yards and another score, and Stony Brook beat in-state rival Albany 20-2 on Saturday to win The Golden Apple trophy.
- New York lawmakers slow to address corruption despite trials Updated: Nov-21-15 10:23 am
ALBANY, New York - Two of the most powerful men in New York state government are on trial for corruption at the same time. Voter turnout is lower than it's been in decades. And polls show the public is as distrustful as it is apathetic.
- NY investment adviser gets 20 years for securities fraud Updated: Nov-20-15 3:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York investment adviser who admitted bilking investors out more than $10 million has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- NY's Working Families Party goes local to broaden reach Updated: Nov-20-15 3:27 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's liberal-leaning Working Families Party is working to broaden its reach with a new emphasis on local, down-ballot races around the state.
- De Blasio and Bloomberg make peace at NYC tree-planting Updated: Nov-20-15 2:06 pm
NEW YORK - They shared laughs about supermodels, Big Bird and the governor. They competed to out-do each other in lavishing praise on Bette Midler. And they planted a tree.
- Albany 12 of 19 from 3-point range to beat Colgate 88-67 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - Ray Sanders went 6 for 6 from 3-point range and scored a career-high 24 points to lead Albany to an 88-67 win over Colgate on Thursday night.
- Application filed for new pipeline in Hudson Valley Updated: Nov-19-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - A pipeline company has filed a permit application to build two underground oil pipelines running 178 miles between Albany and Linden, New Jersey.
- NY senators to meet on Uber, Lyft Updated: Nov-19-15 3:03 am
ALBANY, New York - Two leading state senators have called a meeting to discuss proposals by Uber and Lyft to expand their services throughout New York state.
- New York commits $50 million to marketing state tourism Updated: Nov-18-15 8:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state will dedicate $50 million to efforts to market and promote the state as a destination for domestic and international tourism.
- Buffalo, Rochester to give city workers $15 minimum wage Updated: Nov-18-15 5:23 pm
ALBANY, New York - Buffalo and Rochester are moving to raise the minimum wage of municipal employees to $15 an hour, a move in sync with Gov. Andrew Cuomo's push to raise the wage floor for all workers across New York state.
- NY Assembly candidate charged in campaign filing case Updated: Nov-18-15 4:23 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York authorities have charged a losing candidate for a state Assembly seat with three misdemeanors for failing to file campaign finance reports.