- Inmate shot 3 weeks after escape still hospitalized in NY Updated: Jul-03-15 3:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - A prison inmate shot and captured after three weeks on the run in northern New York remained hospitalized Friday while the body of his fellow escapee was handled in accordance with the wishes of his son.
- Police: Motorhome driver killed in crash at NY racetrack Updated: Jul-01-15 10:07 am
NEW LEBANON, New York - State police say the driver of a motorhome has been killed in a crash during an upstate New York racetrack's annual "Eve of Destruction" event.
- At last, de Blasio takes off gloves and hits back at Cuomo Updated: Jun-30-15 8:17 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio, who 18 months ago in his inaugural address pledged to stand "shoulder to shoulder" with his one-time boss and friend of more than two decades Gov. Andrew Cuomo, revised his opinion of him on Tuesday in a highly unusual and extraordinarily personal news conference.
- NY fireworks planned at Empire State Plaza Updated: Jun-28-15 9:07 am
ALBANY, New York - New York plans to shoot fireworks at Empire State Plaza on July 4 in what the state Office of General Services says will be the largest pyrotechnics display in the greater Albany region.
- NY legislators score tax breaks, rent controls in overtime Updated: Jun-27-15 10:08 am
ALBANY, New York - As the 2015 legislative session ended in overtime last week, many New York lawmakers claimed at least partial victory for their constituents with rent controls and property tax breaks.
- Historic Underground Railroad house to be open to public Updated: Jun-27-15 5:08 am
ALBANY, New York - A historic home in Albany that was a way station on the Underground Railroad in the mid-19th century is being opened to the public this weekend.
- Cuomo doesn't deny criticizing NYC mayor's approach Updated: Jun-25-15 7:59 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo isn't denying he's the unnamed administration official quoted criticizing New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's as taking politically oriented and unrealistic positions in Albany.
- Upstate NY cities, 3 others each get $1M arts grants Updated: Jun-23-15 1:28 pm
ALBANY, New York - A trio of Upstate New York cities is among the recipients of $1 million arts grants from billionaire Michael Bloomberg's charitable organization.
- U Albany looking for NY sites for weather detection system Updated: Jun-23-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - Researchers are trying to identify sites around New York state for a new high-resolution weather detection system.
- NY veterans back mental health reviews in criminal cases Updated: Jun-22-15 5:41 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York veterans are advocating that criminal courts statewide consider whether defendants who were in the U.S. military suffer from conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder that may have played a role in the offense.
- 3 men arrested after 1 jumps off I-87 span into Mohawk River Updated: Jun-22-15 8:00 am
COLONIE, New York - New York State Police say three out-of-state men have been charged one of them jumped from an interstate highway bridge spanning the Mohawk River.
- New commander takes over for New York Air National Guard Updated: Jun-22-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - The next leader of the New York Air National Guard is taking command of the statewide military organization this week.
- Shaheen calls for continuation of export bank Updated: Jun-21-15 11:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is continuing to make the case around New Hampshire for the reauthorization of the Export-Import Bank.
- Nature area on Hudson River gets $100K upgrade Updated: Jun-21-15 7:34 am
ALBANY, New York - A state-owned nature area on the Hudson River has a $100,000 upgrade.
- Arrests, leadership changes mean hard year for lawmakers Updated: Jun-20-15 2:13 pm
ALBANY, New York - For decades, it was the way Albany did business: The governor and the two legislative bosses gathered behind closed doors to hammer out deals affecting millions of New Yorkers.
- NY lawmakers OK 5-day rent extension so talks can continue Updated: Jun-18-15 11:40 pm
ALBANY, New York - In a bid to buy time, New York lawmakers approved a five-day renewal of New York City's now-expired rent regulations Thursday night so Gov. Andrew Cuomo and top lawmakers can continue negotiating a longer-term extension.
- The latest on NY Legislature: 5-day rent renewal passes Updated: Jun-18-15 11:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - 11 p.m. (EDT)
- Public comment welcome as NY crafts sea-level projections Updated: Jun-18-15 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - New York residents can sound off about the sea level.
- Visit to Albany by WWII B-29 postponed until next week Updated: Jun-17-15 7:34 am
ALBANY, New York - A visit to the Albany airport by the world's only flying B-29 Superfortress has been postponed until next week.
- NY forest rangers write 357 tickets for burn ban violations Updated: Jun-17-15 3:12 am
ALBANY, New York - Hundreds of tickets were written this spring for New York residents who violated the state's open-burning ban.
- Expired rent laws dominate state lawmakers' push to adjourn Updated: Jun-16-15 5:38 pm
ALBANY, New York - State lawmakers reached agreements Tuesday on a new sexual assault policy for private universities and allowing dogs on restaurant patios as they continued to struggle to strike a deal on the renewal of New York City's expired rent regulations.
- NYC residents express outrage after rent regulations expire Updated: Jun-16-15 2:54 pm
NEW YORK - Lynda Williams woke up Tuesday in her Brooklyn apartment of 34 years wondering about her future there, after the state's decades-old rent regulations expired overnight.
- NY State Museum getting $14M upgrade for exhibit galleries Updated: Jun-16-15 6:56 am
ALBANY, New York - A $14 million renovation plan has been unveiled for the New York State Museum in downtown Albany.
- New York rent regulations for 2 million tenants expire Updated: Jun-16-15 12:08 am
ALBANY, New York - A law affecting rents paid by 2 million New York City tenants expired late Monday as state lawmakers failed to reach an agreement on extending it before a midnight deadline.
- NY lawmakers head home without deal on NYC's rent rules Updated: Jun-11-15 4:26 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers have headed home for the weekend without reaching a compromise on the extension of New York City's rent regulations.