- Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume wars early Updated: Aug-28-15 9:46 pm
NEW YORK - Who gets to decide what grown people wear for Halloween?
- Good Luck Gus wins Albany at Saratoga Updated: Aug-28-15 6:42 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Good Luck Gus split horses in mid-stretch and outran pacesetter One Sided to the wire for a half-length victory Friday in the $250,000 Albany at Saratoga Race Course.
- Triple Crown winner arrives at Saratoga for Travers Updated: Aug-26-15 5:12 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - With a dozen roses and about 300 people waiting to greet him, Triple Crown winner American Pharoah arrived at Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday and was led off a horse van next to his barn after a flight from California.
- Leader of Albany heroin ring sentenced to 10 years in prison Updated: Aug-26-15 5:52 am
ALBANY, New York - The leader of an Albany drug ring that sold heroin through taxi drivers and in area malls has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- 1 officer wounded in shootout released from hospital Updated: Aug-25-15 3:55 pm
TROY, New York - One of the two police officers wounded in a shootout in upstate New York over the weekend has been released from the hospital.
- NY hairdresser stabbed during salon robbery Updated: Aug-22-15 9:59 am
COLONIE, New York - Police say an upstate New York hairdresser was stabbed in the throat during a robbery at her salon.
- NY targets young adults for mental health treatment Updated: Aug-22-15 8:39 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's Office of Mental Health says it's expanding a program intended to provide services and treatment to young adults, a group among whom symptoms often first emerge.
- 5 central New York firefighters to be honored for rescue Updated: Aug-22-15 6:17 am
ALBANY, New York - Five members of a central New York fire department are to be honored together as "Firefighter of the Year" for their daring rescue of two men from a fire last Christmas morning.
- NY man convicted in plot to target Muslims with X-ray weapon Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York man was convicted Friday of plotting to kill Muslims with a mobile X-ray device by a jury that rejected his lawyer's argument that he was entrapped by the FBI.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org for upstate and email@example.com for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- Albany teen facing murder charge after gun arrest Updated: Aug-21-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - An 18-year-old upstate New York man arrested for gun possession is also facing a murder charge.
- Man killed, teen wounded in shooting on upstate NY street Updated: Aug-18-15 6:31 am
TROY, New York - Police say a 19-year-old man is dead and a teenage boy is hospitalized after they were shot at an upstate New York intersection.
- NY launches new statewide emergency management software Updated: Aug-17-15 12:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state is rolling out a new emergency management computer system to help authorities across the state better respond to extreme weather and other emergencies.
- Police: Man shot in suburban Albany mall parking lot Updated: Aug-14-15 7:49 am
COLONIE, New York - Police say a 38-year-old man was shot in the stomach at a suburban Albany shopping mall parking lot following a dispute that began earlier in the night.
- 3 WWII vets from NY in Washington for 70th anniversary event Updated: Aug-14-15 6:34 am
ALBANY, New York - Three World War II veterans from the Albany area are in Washington, D.C., for a ceremony marking the 70th anniversary of the end of history's bloodiest conflict.
- Police: 2 injured in Thruway rollover crash near Albany Updated: Aug-12-15 8:37 am
ROTTERDAM, New York - New York State Police say two people have been injured in a one-vehicle rollover accident on the Thruway outside Albany.
- $4.2 million hangar opens at Albany International Airport Updated: Aug-12-15 6:31 am
ALBANY, New York - A new $4.2 million maintenance and repair hangar has opened at Albany International Airport, creating 100 jobs along with it.
- Police arrest man, 33, in hit-and-run that killed woman Updated: Aug-11-15 12:43 pm
COLONIE, New York - Authorities say a 33-year-old man has been arrested in a fatal hit-and-run crash that killed an Albany-area woman in April.
- Man pulled from upstate NY lake last week dies at hospital Updated: Aug-11-15 8:49 am
HUDSON, New York - Authorities say a Westchester County man pulled from a Hudson Valley lake last week has died.
- NY National Guardsman charged after fatal crash in Albany Updated: Aug-11-15 5:46 am
ALBANY, New York - Police say a National Guardsman is facing charges in connection with an accident in Albany last month that left one woman dead.
- Study: 92 percent of New Yorkers buckle up Updated: Aug-11-15 3:11 am
ALBANY, New York - Ninety-two percent of New Yorkers regularly buckle up when in an automobile, according to a new study.
- Former NY town official admits taking bribe Updated: Aug-11-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - A former town official from suburban Albany has admitted improperly accepting money to lobby in her official capacity to legalize mixed martial arts in New York.
- Man killed, wife injured when golf cart collides with train Updated: Aug-10-15 4:19 pm
OTEGO, New York - A golf cart carrying a man and his wife across rail tracks in rural upstate New York has collided with a freight train, killing him and badly injuring her.
- Comptroller: New York reached record employment last year Updated: Aug-10-15 3:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's employment topped 9 million jobs last year, a record with 538,000 added since the recession, the state comptroller reported Monday.
- After 190 years, NY's Erie Canal a relic with a hefty cost Updated: Aug-09-15 10:55 am
ALBANY, New York - The Erie Canal was an engineering marvel when it opened in 1825, linking the Hudson River to the Great Lakes and humming with commerce that opened up the West.