- Correction: NY Corruption Commission story Updated: Dec-06-13 1:56 pm
- Albany man charged after apt. tenant found slain Updated: Dec-06-13 6:24 am
- NY man gets 16 years to life for raping boy Updated: Dec-06-13 3:05 am
- Bigger worries are swirling around small stocks Updated: Dec-05-13 4:14 pm
- NY registration drive for STAR property tax breaks Updated: Dec-05-13 3:04 am
- Dudzinski's 22 lifts Holy Cross past Albany 62-57 Updated: Dec-04-13 9:48 pm
- Environmentalists to NY: Scrap liquefied gas plans Updated: Dec-04-13 4:07 pm
- Group seeks 'personhood' for 4 chimps in NY Updated: Dec-03-13 7:35 pm
- De Blasio pushes NY lawmakers for pre-k plan Updated: Dec-02-13 3:46 pm
- Mass. college student dies in upstate NY crash Updated: Dec-02-13 9:32 am
- Albany beats NJIT 66-55 Updated: Dec-01-13 4:14 pm
- Amtrak trains from NYC to Albany back in service Updated: Dec-01-13 3:39 pm
- Upstate NY man's car splits in 2 in crash Updated: Nov-30-13 9:14 am
- Cuomo and his NY staffers help out on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-28-13 3:26 pm
- NY plan reflects demand for natural gas trucks Updated: Nov-28-13 10:41 am
- Cuomo to cut property taxes, not income tax hikes Updated: Nov-27-13 3:02 pm
- NY ice rink in Albany delays opening Updated: Nov-27-13 3:06 am
- Hooley leads Albany over Rider 70-59 Updated: Nov-26-13 9:36 pm
- NY shuffles statehouse menu with new food vendors Updated: Nov-24-13 10:32 am
- Hot first half lifts Bucknell past Albany, 77-64 Updated: Nov-23-13 9:23 pm
- Stony Brook dominates Albany in 24-3 Updated: Nov-23-13 5:21 pm
- Exhibit marks anniversary of JFK assassination Updated: Nov-23-13 8:58 am
- Albany football coach Ford retires after 44 years Updated: Nov-22-13 12:54 pm
- NY plans to add climbing at upstate park Updated: Nov-20-13 3:04 am
- AP: Public campaign financing push gains support Updated: Nov-19-13 7:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - In a story Dec. 4 about New York's corruption commission, The Associated Press erroneously reported a power given to the governor under the Moreland Act. It authorizes creation of a commission to investigate the executive branch, not the legislative branch.
ALBANY, New York - Authorities say a 41-year-old man has been charged in connection with the slaying of an Albany apartment tenant whose body was found by police responding to a report of a broken window.
ALBANY, New York - A 21-year-old man described in court as mentally disabled has been sentenced to 16 years to life in prison for leading an 8-year-old boy into the woods and raping him near an Albany park.
NEW YORK - Small stocks have brought big joy this year, but they've been so generous that some mutual fund managers question how much they have left to give.
ALBANY, New York - Officials are trying to get more homeowners to register for New York's STAR property tax break before the end-of-year deadline.
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Dave Dudzinski had a game-high 22 points, and scored 13 of the final 15 points for Holy Cross as they outlasted Albany 62-57 Wednesday night.
ALBANY, New York - Environmental groups Wednesday delivered thousands of comments critical of New York's proposed liquefied natural gas regulations and demanded the state withdraw the proposals and start over.
ALBANY, New York - An animal rights group is asking New York courts to recognize scientific evidence of emotional and cognitive abilities in chimpanzees and to grant the animals "legal personhood" so that they are ensured better treatment.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio took another step Monday to push lawmakers to pass his universal pre-kindergarten plan and said that a full-on campaign on the issue was imminent.
COBLESKILL, New York - State police say a 21-year-old Massachusetts man has died and three other Ithaca College students were injured in an SUV crash caused when the driver swerved to avoid a deer.
NEWARK, New Jersey - DJ Evans scored 17 points and four teammates scored in double digits Sunday as Albany (NY) came from behind to beat NJIT 66-55.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Amtrak has restored service between New York City and Albany, New York, after a fatal Metro-North derailment in the Bronx but says delays can be expected.
LIVINGSTON, New York - A 34-year-old upstate New York man was lucky to survive a one-car crash that demolished his vehicle.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has joined volunteers who served thousands of Thanksgiving meals in Albany, while high-ranking members of his administration volunteered at holiday community events from Manhattan to Buffalo.
ALBANY, New York - In the four decades since 40 workers were killed by an explosion in a 108-foot-tall liquefied natural gas tank in Staten Island, New York has banned construction of such facilities.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo is promising to use a rare budget surplus to cut local property taxes during the coming election year, but he won't touch temporary tax increases he's extended twice.
ALBANY, New York - State officials say the ice skating rink at Empire State Plaza will delay its opening for more than a week until Saturday, Dec. 7.
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Peter Hooley scored a game-high 24 points as Albany jumped out to an early lead and held on to defeat Rider 70-59 on Tuesday night.
ALBANY, New York - New York's Office of General Services is shuffling the menu at Empire State Plaza for workers, legislators and visitors to the Albany complex that includes many state agencies bracketed by the Capitol and the State Museum.
GUILDERLAND, New York - Ben Brackney pumped in four 3-point field goals in the first half to spark Bucknell to a 77-64 win over Albany Saturday night.
STONY BROOK, New York - Lyle Negron threw for a touchdown and ran for another and the defense was dominating as Stony Brook throttled Albany 24-3 on Saturday.
ALBANY, New York - The New York State Library exhibit marking the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination will run through the end of the year.
ALBANY, New York - It began more than four decades ago. To Bob Ford and Rudy Vido, it still seems like yesterday.
ALBANY, New York - New plans for John Boyd Thacher State Park southwest of Albany propose establishing an adventure course and opening sections of the park along the Helderberg Escarpment to cliff climbing.
ALBANY, New York - Some of the nation's biggest and most influential supporters of environmental and civic causes joined the effort Tuesday to bring public financing of political campaigns to New York.