- Amelia Boynton Robinson noted as fearless, tireless leader Updated: Aug-27-15 2:46 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A newspaper photo of a woman who was beaten unconscious by law enforcement during a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, revealed to a wider audience the struggles and violence black people faced while fighting for the right to vote.
- Prattville senator proposes temporary taxes, budget reforms Updated: Aug-26-15 7:35 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Prattville state senator is proposing what he says is a middle ground approach to the state's budget crisis.
- Lewis shooting for another LPGA Tour win in Alabama Updated: Aug-26-15 6:06 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Stacy Lewis is ready to finish one spot better.
- Federal court hears arguments on Ala legislative districts Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A panel of skeptical federal judges on Tuesday questioned a state lawyer on whether voter race was the predominant consideration when Republican lawmakers drew at least some of Alabama's new legislative districts.
- Todd Strange wins re-election as Montgomery mayor Updated: Aug-25-15 10:47 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery Mayor Todd Strange has won re-election, beating back a field of challengers that included former Alabama congressman Artur Davis.
- Federal judges to hear arguments in redistricting fight Updated: Aug-24-15 7:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A three-judge panel on Tuesday will hear arguments over whether Alabama's legislative districts were racially gerrymandered.
- Sen. Del Marsh won't propose lottery bill in second session Updated: Aug-22-15 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Senate President Pro Tem Del Marsh won't propose his bill to allow a statewide vote on a lottery and casinos during the second special session.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.
- Inmate escapes from work center in Montgomery County Updated: Aug-21-15 5:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Authorities are searching for an inmate who escaped from the Red Eagle Work Center.
- Rosa Parks to get new historical marker in Montgomery Updated: Aug-21-15 10:54 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - On Dec. 1, 1955, Rosa Parks boarded a Montgomery bus and refused to give up her seat to a white passenger. This moment was commemorated in 2007 with the unveiling of a historical marker in downtown Montgomery, but Parks still had to share the two-sided sign with the story of famed country singer Hank Williams.
- Man convicted in Auburn killings appealing conviction Updated: Aug-21-15 8:22 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - A Montgomery man is appealing his convictions in the shooting deaths of two former Auburn University football players and a third man.
- Memorial set for Saturday in Montgomery for Julian Bond Updated: Aug-20-15 5:06 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A memorial event is being planned for this weekend in Alabama for the late civil rights leader Julian Bond.
- 13 arrested on drug trafficking charges in Montgomery probe Updated: Aug-18-15 4:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama authorities say 13 people have been arrested on federal and state charges following a lengthy investigation into drug trafficking in Montgomery.
- Gadsden Galleries: Local history lives on with museum pieces Updated: Aug-15-15 3:08 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - The old Dwight Mill was the heart of Alabama City back in the day. The cotton mill was one of the area's largest employers for more than 60 years.
- Police in Montgomery investigate killing of man Updated: Aug-13-15 7:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery police are investigating the killing of a man found dead in the city's Midtown area.
- Allies of pivotal civil rights victim reflect 50 years later Updated: Aug-12-15 11:33 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - Fifty years after Jonathan Daniels was shot dead by an ardent segregationist in Alabama, the people who stood with him then lament today's killings of blacks by police and the racially motivated slaying of nine black worshippers as stark reminders of the country's persistent racial divide.
- Legislature's special session ends without budget Updated: Aug-11-15 6:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Special session number one is in the books. Bring on round two.
- Divers search for clues after car found submerged in lake Updated: Aug-10-15 9:26 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery police are investigating after a car was discovered submerged in a lake -- but how it got there is a mystery.
- Family's Montgomery trip gains attention, sparks city pride Updated: Aug-08-15 2:40 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - It's not often that one family's vacation sparks city-wide pride at their destination, but then again, Taminika Walker didn't take her nieces on any ordinary vacation.
- Native Americans lose fight for long hair in prisons Updated: Aug-06-15 7:58 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An appeals court has ruled against Native American inmates in Alabama fighting for the right to wear long hair in accordance with their religious beliefs.
- 2 MLK aides to participate in Ala voting rights event Updated: Aug-05-15 5:35 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Two one-time aides to the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. will participate in a conference in Montgomery coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act.
- Montgomery, Birmingham among stops on minor league tour Updated: Aug-03-15 12:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The men of summer are back on tour.
- 1 inmate recaptured, 1 at large after work center escape Updated: Aug-03-15 4:19 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - One of the two inmates that escaped from a work release center in Montgomery has been recaptured, while the other remains at large.
- Historical marker placed at Nat 'King' Cole's birth home Updated: Aug-01-15 11:16 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A historic marker has been placed at the Alabama house where singer Nat "King" Cole was born.
- Ex-physician again found guilty in murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Jul-30-15 8:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A former physician has been found guilty for a second time in a murder-for-hire scheme.