- Payday lending moratorium extended in Montgomery Updated: Dec-04-13 7:17 pm
- Holmes says he refused to make ASU fight racial Updated: Dec-04-13 2:13 pm
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- Former Ala. bank employee pleads guilty Updated: Dec-03-13 8:10 pm
- Ala. man pleads guilty in murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Dec-03-13 4:53 pm
- Blue Devils, Cutcliffe relish their new view from the... Updated: Dec-02-13 10:19 am
- G Mommas cookies of Selma, Ala., going regional Updated: Dec-01-13 2:01 pm
- Searchers find body of missing Ala teen Updated: Nov-30-13 8:16 am
- Former Klan leader indicted in Ala. cross burning Updated: Nov-29-13 9:41 pm
- Lawmaker looks to tweak private school regulations Updated: Nov-29-13 4:42 pm
- Former classmates hold vigil for missing Ala. teen Updated: Nov-29-13 3:36 pm
- Alabama St. set interviews for presidential search Updated: Nov-28-13 12:15 pm
- Cause of Indian Rhino calf's death in Ala. unclear Updated: Nov-27-13 2:55 pm
- Decatur man has perfect attendance at Iron Bowl Updated: Nov-26-13 11:07 am
- Rosa Parks Museum to offer free tours Updated: Nov-26-13 5:05 am
- Ex-Ala. postal worker gets prison time in shooting Updated: Nov-25-13 2:09 pm
- Alabama ag department donating collards for needy Updated: Nov-24-13 6:14 am
- 2 Montgomery students arrested over threats Updated: Nov-23-13 11:43 am
- Teens accused of Montgomery restaurant arson Updated: Nov-22-13 5:24 pm
- Alabama unemployment rises to 6.5 percent Updated: Nov-22-13 12:40 pm
- Ala. board approves pardons for 'Scottsboro Boys' Updated: Nov-21-13 12:43 pm
- Ala governor pardons turkey, minus longtime grower Updated: Nov-20-13 1:18 pm
- Dimitri Polizos wins Ala. House District 74 race Updated: Nov-19-13 9:26 pm
- Justice Sotomayor faults Ala. death sentences Updated: Nov-18-13 2:22 pm
- 6 Montgomery educators face state hearings Updated: Nov-17-13 4:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Montgomery City Council has extended a moratorium on issuing new business licenses for payday lending companies.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State Rep. Alvin Holmes of Montgomery said he's been criticized by a former Alabama State University trustee and others because he refused a request to help turn an investigation of the university into a racial fight.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Montgomery man has pleaded guilty to stealing money from a bank by being on the inside.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The last of four defendants has pleaded guilty in the 2011 death of animal trapper Ralph McNeill - who was also known as "Critter Man."
Hoisted above the crowd by two of his players, David Cutcliffe could see the celebration in the visitors' corner at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill, N.C. The Duke coach could hear the Victory Bell ringing, over and over again. He could feel the Gatorade that soaked him.
SELMA, Alabama - Selma Good owner Robert Armstrong has a simple message for people who fear that his G Mommas cookies will taste different now that they're made at a bakery in Pennsylvania.
ROCKFORD, Alabama - Authorities have located the body of an Alabama teenager who went missing during a Thanksgiving hunting trip.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A onetime Ku Klux Klan leader is charged with burning a cross in a mostly black neighborhood in southeast Alabama, federal prosecutors said Friday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state lawmaker has pre-filed a bill to remove the state Department of Education from the licensure and regulation processes for private schools.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Students at Trinity Presbyterian School in Montgomery have gathered to hold a vigil for a former classmate who was recently reported missing.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A search committee looking for a new president of Alabama State University wants to interview finalists for the job on Dec. 6.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Officials at the Montgomery Zoo say they're unsure of why an Indian Rhinoceros calf died in mid-October.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Al Jones is the last man standing among the official members of the Alabama-Auburn Perfect Attendance Club. When he visits Jordan-Hare Stadium this weekend for the annual Iron Bowl clash, the Decatur native will have mixed feelings about that accomplishment.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Rosa Parks museum at Troy University is offering free admission to celebrate the 58th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A former postal worker from Alabama was sentenced to a decade in prison for shooting at two co-workers in December 2011.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The state Department of Agriculture and Industries is donating nearly 800 pounds of fresh collards to help feed the needy.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery police say two students have been arrested in one week for making terrorist threats against public schools.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Arson investigators in Montgomery have arrested three teens in connection with a fire at a restaurant that was about to celebrate its 20th anniversary.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's unemployment rate has risen to 6.5 percent, but the state still has one of the lowest rates in the Southeast.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's parole board wrote a new ending for the infamous "Scottsboro Boys" rape case Thursday by approving posthumous pardons more than 80 years after the arrests.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An important cast member was missing Wednesday as Gov. Robert Bentley continued an Alabama tradition by sparing the life of a Thanksgiving turkey named Clyde.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery County Commissioner Dimitri Polizos has won a runoff election to represent District 74 in the Alabama House of Representatives.
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor said Monday that partisan political elections for the Alabama courts appear to be driving judges' decisions to impose death sentences, overruling juries that have voted to send defendants to prison for life.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Six Montgomery Public Schools educators accused of participating in a district-wide grade changing scheme are facing state trials.