- Alabama, feds reach agreement over alleged prison abuse Updated: May-28-15 11:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama women's prison will be overhauled after the U.S. Justice Department said officers there coerced inmates into sex, watched them in showers and bathrooms and organized a New Year's Eve strip show.
- Police identify victims of shooting, stabbing in Montgomery Updated: May-26-15 4:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Police have identified the victims of a fatal shooting and an unrelated stabbing in Montgomery.
- Police say 1 dead, 3 injured in apartment complex shooting Updated: May-25-15 10:40 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Police say a shooting at a Montgomery apartment complex left one man dead and three others injured.
- University begins project to help blind students with math Updated: May-24-15 9:31 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Until he was 13, Logan Prickett did everything a normal child did.
- World record American alligator on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 9:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Mandy Stokes was wearing pearls the night she caught a monster on the Alabama River.
- Record gator going on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 5:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Wildlife officials are unveiling a unique hunting trophy in Montgomery: The largest American alligator ever killed in the wild.
- Alabama to join 'SEC primary' in 2016 presidential race Updated: May-21-15 9:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have voted to join the "SEC primary" as southern states band together to try to get more attention from 2016 presidential hopefuls.
- Alabama's nearly $6B education budget nears final approval Updated: May-21-15 7:35 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's nearly $6 billion education budget cleared a series of hurdles Thursday and is now nearing final approval.
- Montgomery starting bicycle rental program Updated: May-19-15 5:35 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Visitors will have a new way to get around downtown Montgomery.
- Montgomery police seek missing woman who could be in danger Updated: May-13-15 5:49 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Montgomery Police Department is looking for a missing woman they say could be in danger.
- Alabama gambling bill prompts passionate testimony Updated: May-12-15 10:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gambling foes and proponents squared off in a public hearing Tuesday over whether a lottery and casinos would bring jobs and revenue, or corruption and vice to the state of Alabama.
- Montgomery man charged with killing 25-year-old man Updated: May-11-15 6:04 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A man is in custody after a weekend shooting left a Montgomery man dead.
- Montgomery groups help clear criminal records Updated: May-10-15 12:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Kynesha Brown is aware of the need for voter restoration in Montgomery for those who have "made a mistake in the past," and helped organize a way for people with criminal charges to wipe the slate clean Saturday at Carver High School.
- Lawmakers give Medal of Honor to Huntsville police officers Updated: May-07-15 2:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature is honoring two Huntsville police officers for extraordinary courage in the line of duty.
- Budget committee approves cigarette, business tax increase Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A budget committee on Wednesday approved more than $100 million in tax increases- including a 25 cent per pack increase in cigarette taxes - that are part of a House GOP plan to address a looming state budget shortfall.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: May-06-15 12:37 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Poarch Creeks: Let's talk compact Updated: May-03-15 1:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - For 15 years, the Poarch Band of Creek Indians has tried to persuade Alabama politicians to sit down and discuss a compact with the tribe.
- Alabama lawmaker readies proposal to allow lottery, casinos Updated: Apr-30-15 9:52 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama would get a lottery and four casinos under draft legislation that the Republican leader of the state senate distributed to legislators and reporters on Thursday.