- Italy aims to raise shipwreck containing drowned migrants Updated: Apr-18-16 2:29 pm
MILAN - Exactly one year after a fishing boat crowded with smuggled migrants capsized, sinking to the Mediterranean Sea floor with some 800 people trapped inside, Italy is launching efforts to raise up the ship and bring it to a Sicilian port.
- Libyan smuggling route grows 1 year after mass drownings Updated: Apr-17-16 9:05 am
When more than 800 people drowned last year on an overcrowded ship bound for Italy's southernmost isle of Lampedusa, the European Union deployed a round-the-clock flotilla that has saved thousands of lives on what remains one of the world's most perilous journeys.
- After 9th coaching change of season, Palermo seeks stability Updated: Apr-12-16 12:37 pm
PALERMO, Sicily - After making his ninth coaching change of the season, Palermo's owner Maurizio Zamparini promised he'll keep Davide Ballardini in charge whether or not the Sicilian club avoids relegation.
- Police arrest 8 fans for clashes before Palermo-Lazio match Updated: Apr-11-16 6:37 am
PALERMO, Sicily - Police have arrested eight fans for involvement in clashes before Sunday's heated Palermo-Lazio match.
- Fan trouble temporarily halts Palermo match in each half Updated: Apr-10-16 6:51 pm
PALERMO, Sicily - Palermo fans threw fireworks and halted their Serie A match against Lazio in each half on Sunday.