- Duke seeks delay in suit over North Carolina coal ash spill Updated: May-05-15 8:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware judge is considering Duke Energy's request for a six-month halt of a shareholder lawsuit prompted by a massive coal ash spill in North Carolina while the company tries to resolve related lawsuits and finalize a $102 million settlement of a federal criminal investigation.
- Motorcyclist killed in collision with truck in Delaware Updated: May-05-15 2:22 pm
LEWES, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a motorcyclist was killed in a crash with a pickup truck in Lewes.
- 38-year-old inmate dies at Delaware corrections center Updated: May-05-15 6:04 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A 38-year-old inmate has died at a Delaware corrections center.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 11:01 pm
Two Delaware teenagers sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying are still in critical condition more than six weeks later, their family said Monday.
- Dover police officer charged with assault Updated: May-04-15 8:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The attorney for a Dover police officer is blasting prosecutors' efforts to continue to pursue assault charges against him after a grand jury declined last year to indict him.
- ACLU challenges Delaware GPS monitoring of sex offenders Updated: May-04-15 6:50 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The American Civil Liberties Union is challenging the constitutionality of a Delaware law that requires GPS monitoring of certain convicted sex offenders on probation.
- Family: Teens still critical 6 weeks after resort poisoning Updated: May-04-15 4:15 pm
Two Delaware teenagers are still in critical condition more than six weeks after they were sickened by a banned pesticide that was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying, their family said Monday.
- 2 boys charged with setting fire in Delaware trailer park Updated: May-04-15 2:59 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Fire officials have charged two boys with setting a fire that damaged three homes in a trailer park in Newark.
- Delaware officials commit to ending veterans homelessness Updated: May-04-15 1:11 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell says state officials are setting a goal of ensuring that no military veteran in Delaware is homeless.
- Deputy economic development director tapped to lead office Updated: May-04-15 12:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is nominating the deputy director of Delaware's economic development office to succeed retiring director Alan Levin.
- Delaware drivers see gas prices rise to $2.60 Updated: May-04-15 10:10 am
WASHINGTON - Motorists in Delaware are paying 13 cents more at the pump when compared with a week ago.
- Medical team heads to Nepal to treat earthquake survivors Updated: May-04-15 6:10 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Doctors, nurses, paramedics and logistics experts with the Delaware Medical Relief Team are headed to Nepal to help victims of last week's magnitude 7.8 earthquake.
- Delaware conference eyes community efforts to end hunger Updated: May-04-15 2:19 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Organizers of a conference being held in Wilmington are hoping to bring government agencies, nonprofits, businesses and faith-based groups together in an effort to end hunger in Delaware.
- Fire rips through historic former mill site in Wilmington Updated: May-02-15 3:11 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A huge fire tore through the historic former Bancroft Mills site along the Brandywine in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Young Delaware students track their boat across Atlantic Updated: May-02-15 2:58 pm
FELTON, Delaware - It was a chilly, rainy day in Ireland on Tuesday when Sean Creaven and his dog, Daisy, found a little white boat washed up on the shores of Strandhill Beach in County Sligo.
- Panel eyes making Delaware revenue portfolio more stable Updated: May-01-15 6:56 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - A panel exploring how to make Delaware's revenue portfolio less unpredictable and more reflective of economic conditions is eyeing several recommendations, including eliminating itemized deductions and replacing the estate tax with an increase in the personal income tax.
- Defense seeks to limit evidence in Matusiewicz case Updated: May-01-15 6:29 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The son of a man who killed his former daughter-in-law and another woman at a Delaware courthouse is seeking to limit evidence in his upcoming trial on federal cyberstalking charges.
- House fire in Felton ruled accidental; 1 person injured Updated: May-01-15 1:10 pm
FELTON, Delaware - Fire investigators have determined a fire that destroyed a home in Felton was accidental.
- New Delaware development could bring 5,000 jobs to state Updated: May-01-15 4:20 am
CLAYMONT, Delaware - A proposed office, manufacturing and transit hub in Claymont could bring as many as 5,000 jobs to eastern Delaware.
- Pedestrian killed by Amtrak train in Delaware Updated: May-01-15 3:41 am
CLAYMONT, Delaware - A pedestrian has died after being hit and killed by a high-speed Amtrak train in Delaware.
- Delaware economic development director Levin stepping down Updated: Apr-30-15 6:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's state economic development director is stepping down from his cabinet post, officials announced Thursday.
- House delays vote on indoor ban on electronic cigarettes Updated: Apr-30-15 6:13 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House has postponed a vote on legislation adding electronic cigarettes to Delaware's indoor smoking ban.
- Dover Downs Gaming narrows 1Q loss, eyes further cost cuts Updated: Apr-30-15 6:11 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Downs Gaming and Entertainment narrowed its first-quarter loss compared to last year but says further cost-cutting is needed.
- South Korean company settles Kevlar trade secrets lawsuit Updated: Apr-30-15 5:49 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A South Korean company accused of stealing trade secrets involving Kevlar technology has pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges and settled separate civil litigation filed by the DuPont Co., officials said Thursday.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Cheswold; driver flees scene Updated: Apr-30-15 3:55 pm
CHESWOLD, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man was hit and killed in Cheswold and the striking vehicle fled the scene.