- Former West Germany great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's Updated: Oct-06-15 4:09 pm
MUNICH - Former West Germany and Bayern Munich great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's disease.
- Munich museum evacuated after WWII-era bomb found Updated: Oct-06-15 10:23 am
BERLIN - A popular Munich museum has been evacuated after a World War II-era bomb was found in a courtyard during construction work.
- Bayern and Dortmund, Bundesliga's top teams, meet in Munich Updated: Oct-01-15 6:19 am
- Bayern routs Dinamo 5-0 in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 5:09 pm
MUNICH - Robert Lewandowski scored a hat trick as Bayern Munich thrashed Dinamo Zagreb 5-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Bayern Munich, Lewandowski at top of AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski took the top spots in The Associated Press Global Football 10 polls on Tuesday.
- Bayern hosts Dinamo Zagreb, Arsenal at home to Olympiakos Updated: Sep-28-15 7:43 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Robert Lewandowski was so sure he would score again that he was already wearing the t-shirt marking his achievement. When the Bayern Munich striker struck in Mainz, he lifted his jersey to show off a t-shirt with the number 100 spread across, celebrating his 100th Bundesliga goal.
- Winning run ends for Inter; Saint-Etienne loses to Nice Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
LONDON - Everything had been going right for Inter Milan, with five consecutive victories, just one goal conceded and the undisputed top slot in Serie A.
- 'It's tapped!': Thousands head to Munich's Oktoberfest Updated: Sep-19-15 8:57 am
MUNICH - The beer is flowing again at Munich's fabled Oktoberfest.
- Former Bayern coach Dettmar Cramer dies at 90 Updated: Sep-18-15 8:41 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says its former coach Dettmar Cramer, who led the club to the European Cup titles in 1975 and 1976, has died. He was 90.
- Mueller fires Bayern to 3-0 win at Olympiakos Updated: Sep-16-15 6:06 pm
PIRAEUS, Greece - Thomas Mueller scored twice and substitute Mario Goetze added another as Bayern Munich beat Olympiakos 3-0 in Group F of the Champions League on Wednesday, with the hosts falling apart late in the match that was marred by scuffles in the stands before kickoff.
- Bayern Munich begins quest for 6th European Cup Updated: Sep-15-15 7:03 am
PIRAEUS, Greece - Bayern Munich begins the quest for its sixth European Cup at Olympiakos on Wednesday, while Arsenal opens its 18th successive Champions League campaign at Dinamo Zagreb.
- Delaware governor leading trade mission to Germany Updated: Sep-14-15 3:15 am
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is leading a trade mission to Germany in hopes of drumming up business for Delaware.
- Balkan immigrant rail tracks follow old Orient Express route Updated: Sep-13-15 4:55 am
GEVGELIJA, Macedonia - There are no fancy dining carriages here, glasses of champagne or ace sleuth Hercule Poirot to solve a murder mystery. There are only hundreds of exhausted people crammed inside a dingy train, slowly moving along the same Balkan route where the legendary Orient Express used to rumble.
- Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez eyeing return from injury Updated: Sep-10-15 7:30 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich defensive midfielder Javi Martinez hopes to return soon from a serious left knee injury.
- Hamburg sends bid for 2024 Olympics to IOC Updated: Sep-09-15 10:31 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Hamburg formally submitted its bid for the 2024 Olympics on Wednesday, hoping to bring the games back to Germany for the first time since in 52 years.