- Dortmund captain and defender Hummels wants Bayern move Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund captain and central defender Mats Hummels has asked to be released from his contract so that he can move to Bundesliga rival Bayern Munich next season.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Deutsche Bank co-CEO acquitted of attempted fraud charges Updated: Apr-25-16 6:40 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Deutsche Bank co-CEO Juergen Fitschen has been acquitted of attempted fraud charges related to the bank's long-running battle with the heirs of a now-deceased media mogul.
- Bayern extends contract with goalkeeper Neuer until 2021 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:22 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says it has extended the contract of goalkeeper Manuel Neuer until 2021.
- Madrid gets City, Atletico faces Bayern in Champions League Updated: Apr-15-16 9:18 am
NYON, Switzerland - Falling short of peak drama, Friday's Champions League draw sent Real Madrid to play Manchester City and paired Atletico Madrid with Bayern Munich in the semifinals.
- Atletico will be just as tough a CL draw as Real Madrid Updated: Apr-14-16 12:43 pm
- German train dispatcher used cellphone before fatal crash Updated: Apr-12-16 12:42 pm
BERLIN - A German rail dispatcher was playing an online game on his cellphone shortly before two trains he was in charge of collided on a single-track line, killing 11 people, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Germany: 2 men arrested over suspected plot released Updated: Apr-08-16 8:07 am
BERLIN - German authorities have released two men who were arrested on suspicion that they may have been preparing a "serious act of violence," citing a lack of evidence.
- Bayern beats Benfica 1-0 in Champions League quarterfinal Updated: Apr-05-16 5:56 pm
MUNICH - Arturo Vidal's early header was enough for Bayern Munich to beat Benfica 1-0 at home on Tuesday and take a slender advantage from the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal.