- Fishermen want higher NC fees to keep gill netting Updated: Mar-02-14 3:14 pm
- NC candidates for federal races, appellate courts Updated: Feb-28-14 3:17 pm
- Wounded Marine to get smart home Updated: Feb-26-14 8:38 am
- Case of man shot in home NC invasion reviewed Updated: Feb-25-14 8:22 am
- Driver in crash that killed 4 due in court Monday Updated: Feb-17-14 1:01 pm
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Commercial fishermen want to raise the cost of their licenses so that North Carolina can fund enough turtle-protecting observers to let boat captains keep their nets in the water.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The list of candidates who filed Feb. 10-28 with the North Carolina State Board of Elections for selected statewide and federal offices, with name as to be listed on ballot, hometown or address provided and party (when applicable). For General Assembly, Superior Court judge, District Court judge and district attorney candidates, go to http://www.ncsbe.gov
JACKSONVILLE, Alabama - The next steps toward helping a wounded U.S. Marine become independent happened as organizers from various charities broke ground at the site of his future home.
HUBERT, North Carolina - A prosecutor is reviewing whether the stand your ground doctrine applies in the case of an Onslow County man who shot and killed an intruder last weekend.
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Court records show a driver who troopers say was going almost 100 mph when he caused a wreck that killed four people at a busy Jacksonville intersection was supposed to be in court Monday on traffic charges.