- Red drum spring fishing season canceled in NC Updated: Apr-19-14 4:31 pm
- NC woman charged after car goes into creek Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Jacksonville man accused of making bomb threats Updated: Apr-08-14 5:01 pm
- Correction: Patrol Shooting story Updated: Apr-01-14 5:08 pm
- In SC, flood premiums may affect preservation Updated: Mar-24-14 3:08 am
SWANSBORO, North Carolina - North Carolina officials have canceled the spring red drum fishing season because so many of the species were caught during the fall.
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - North Carolina troopers say a woman distracted while arguing with a passenger drove off a road in Onslow County and into a creek with her 9-month-old baby in the car.
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Jacksonville have arrested a man who they say made bomb threats to schools and businesses over the past six weeks.
LAKE WACCAMAW, North Carolina - In a story March 31 about a wanted man shot and wounded by law officers, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the man was identified as Gregory Reynolds Evans. The Department of Public Safety in Jacksonville says the suspect's name is George Reynold Evans.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - About 29,000 property owners who have subsidized federal flood insurance in South Carolina face sharp premium increases as the government works to get the program back into the black.