- Nationals remove Harper in 4th inning with tight glutes Updated: Sep-02-15 9:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals was taken out of Wednesday night's game against the St. Louis Cardinals before the bottom of the fourth inning.
- New Ferguson report offers lessons on handling protests Updated: Sep-02-15 9:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The police response to unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, last summer offers lessons in how not to handle mass demonstrations, according to a Justice Department report that warns such problems could happen in other places roiled by mistrust between law enforcement and the community.
- Suspect in Florida doctor's death violates federal probation Updated: Sep-02-15 7:22 pm
ST. LOUIS - One of two Missouri men charged with killing a southwest Florida doctor was sentenced Wednesday for a probation violation that investigators allege put him in the same county where the physician was killed - more than 1,100 miles from his eastern Missouri home - a day before her body was found.
- Missouri man gets 50 years for killing father with hammer Updated: Sep-02-15 7:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - A suburban St. Louis man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for beating his father to death with a hammer.
- Natioanals' Strasburg won't make next scheduled start Updated: Sep-02-15 6:45 pm
ST. LOUIS - Stephen Strasburg won't make his next scheduled start for the Washington Nationals on Friday.
- Cardinals ace Wacha rests, Lyons starts instead vs. Nats Updated: Sep-02-15 6:27 pm
ST. LOUIS - The timing was right for the St. Louis Cardinals to give both of their young star pitchers a break.
- Sole voter on proposed sales tax hike against such increases Updated: Sep-02-15 6:26 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The only resident registered to vote in a downtown business district in central Missouri said she would have voted against a proposed sales tax increase if officials had allowed the election to go forward.
- Grassley seeks update into Iowa man's Missouri drowning Updated: Sep-02-15 6:11 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley says he wants an update on the investigation into a 2014 drowning of a handcuffed Iowa man who fell from a patrol boat in the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Security company to pay $50K to Missouri consumers Updated: Sep-02-15 5:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri attorney general's office says a home security company accused of misleading consumers has to pay $50,000 to Missouri customers.
- Missouri needs production from young receiving corps Updated: Sep-02-15 5:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - No. 24 Missouri's opener against Southeast Missouri State will be a proving ground for a young receiving corps.
- Fed report shows autos and housing fueling US growth Updated: Sep-02-15 4:31 pm
WASHINGTON - While U.S. housing and auto sales showed strength over the summer, manufacturers were feeling pressure from China's economic slowdown and the oil industry was squeezed by lower energy prices.
- Louisville's schedule includes 2 games vs. NCAA champ Duke Updated: Sep-02-15 4:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville will face defending champion Duke twice along with Final Four participants Michigan State and Kentucky in a schedule featuring 10 games against NCAA Tournament teams.
- Architects reveal plans for proposed St. Louis Rams stadium Updated: Sep-02-15 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - The architects for a proposed new stadium for the St. Louis Rams said they want it to serve as a public meeting place when football isn't being played.
- St. Louis-area doctor gets probation in misbranded drug case Updated: Sep-02-15 2:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis County doctor has been sentenced to three years of probation for receiving misbranded drugs and making false statements in patient files.
- Judge: Missouri right-to-farm doesn't cover growing weed Updated: Sep-02-15 11:32 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri judge has ruled that a right-to-farm constitutional amendment doesn't protect a woman who allegedly grew marijuana in her basement.
- 2 charged in fight over sale of Michael Brown shirts Updated: Sep-02-15 11:04 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - Two people face charges for a fight in Ferguson over the sale of commemorative Michael Brown shirts.
- St. Louis Zoo says it won't begin charging admission Updated: Sep-02-15 9:28 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Zoo will continue to be free to the public.
- Court upholds $20.5 million judgment in St. Louis beating Updated: Sep-02-15 7:52 am
ST. LOUIS - A state appeals court has upheld a $20.5 million judgment for a man who was beaten during a brawl at a St. Louis fast food restaurant.
- Man, 19, found fatally shot on porch in Kansas City Updated: Sep-02-15 2:46 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 19-year-old man was found fatally shot on the porch of a Kansas City residence near Budd Park.
- Cueto struggles again as Royals fall to Tigers 6-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 1:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a July 26 trade with Cincinnati, they thought they were getting a staff ace.
- Nationals drop another heartbreaker, losing 8-5 to Cardinals Updated: Sep-02-15 1:12 am
ST. LOUIS - Rookie Joe Ross had trouble gripping the ball in 89-degree heat. Casey Janssen paid dearly, again, for failing to hit his spots.
- Verlander, Kinsler lead Tigers to 6-5 victory over Royals Updated: Sep-02-15 12:57 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Justin Verlander may not be pitching like he did in 2011, when he won the AL Cy Young and MVP awards.
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:44 am
ST. LOUIS - This is what the St. Louis Cardinals had in mind when they acquired Brandon Moss at the non-waiver trade deadline.
- Missouri executes man for 15-year-old girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:31 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - A man who spent nearly 25 years on Missouri's death row was executed Tuesday for the kidnapping, rape and fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old girl who was waiting for a school bus.
- The Latest: Missouri executes man for girl's 1989 killing Updated: Sep-01-15 11:19 pm
BONNE TERRE, Missouri - The latest on the scheduled execution of Missouri inmate Roderick Nunley, who was convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing a 15-year-old girl in Kansas City in 1989 (all times local):