- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 8:32 pm
NEW YORK - Houston second baseman Jose Altuve passed Kansas City's Omar Infante in the final days of voting, leaving four Royals as starters for the All-Star Game.
- Royals land 4 starters in All-Star Game in Cincinnati Updated: Jul-05-15 8:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The AL champion Kansas City Royals had so many starters voted into the All-Star Game on Sunday that they ran out of seats for all of them.
- Longtime Chiefs executive Steadman dies at 86 Updated: Jul-05-15 7:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Longtime Chiefs executive Jack Steadman, who spent more than four decades with the franchise and helped build its only Super Bowl team, died early Sunday. He was 86.
- Kennedy outpitched by Lynn as Padres beaten by Cardinals Updated: Jul-05-15 6:45 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ian Kennedy did fine against most of the St. Louis hitters. He just couldn't figure out how to shut down rookie outfielder Tommy Pham and pitcher Lance Lynn.
- Pham hits 1st MLB homer and drives in 3, Cards top Padres Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie outfielder Tommy Pham has done almost everything right in his first three starts with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Santana returns from suspension as Twins fall to Royals 3-2 Updated: Jul-05-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Maybe it was the joy in being back on the mound after serving an 80-game suspension. Maybe it was the fact that Ervin Santana was facing his former team. Maybe it was simply that he was making them foolish.
- Royals salvage split with Twins with 3-2 victory Updated: Jul-05-15 5:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost treats just about every game the same, especially in July, because the reality is that they all count the same at the end of the season.
- 70-year-old Missouri man jailed in hammer attack Updated: Jul-05-15 3:56 pm
BENTON, Missouri - Authorities allege that a 70-year-old southeast Missouri injured his brother in a hammer attack.
- Traveling Vietnam Veteran Wall comes to Springfield Updated: Jul-05-15 3:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A traveling version of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington is coming to Springfield.
- Physician dies after Springfield bicycling accident Updated: Jul-05-15 12:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities have identified a man killed in a Springfield bicycling accident as a doctor.
- Teen charged in deaths of rural northwest Missouri couple Updated: Jul-05-15 12:01 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - A 16-year-old has been charged in the shooting deaths of a couple in rural northwest Missouri.
- St. Louis officials turn to feds for help on gun crimes Updated: Jul-05-15 11:23 am
ST. LOUIS - Homicides are in the rise in St. Louis, and city officials are increasingly turning to the federal government for help.
- Missouri budget official says more spending freezes unlikely Updated: Jul-05-15 11:20 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - After years of restrictions on spending that have frustrated lawmakers and rendered some state programs ineffective, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's office says finances are in place to fully fund the new year's budget - making further spending freezes unlikely.
- Blanton has rough 1st inning as Royals lose to Twins, 5-3 Updated: Jul-05-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joe Blanton had a bad first inning and that was enough to doom the Kansas City Royals
- Twins' Santana reinstated from suspension, will start Sunday Updated: Jul-04-15 9:59 pm
- Women, minorities struggle on Missouri teaching exams Updated: Jul-04-15 7:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - Woman and minorities are failing Missouri exams to enter teaching programs and to gain certification at higher rates, raising concerns about bias.
- At 84, Harry Truman impersonator plans to finally retire Updated: Jul-04-15 6:01 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A former history professor who has impersonated President Harry Truman more than 700 times is preparing to retire this year from his role as the 33rd president.
- Armed robbers hit fireworks tent in southwest Missouri Updated: Jul-04-15 4:20 pm
REPUBLIC, Missouri - Armed robbers have stolen from a church-run fireworks stand in southwest Missouri.
- Police identify man shot dead in St. Louis Updated: Jul-04-15 3:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a 53-year-old man in St. Louis.
- Patrol drops no-wake policy at the Lake of the Ozarks Updated: Jul-04-15 3:29 pm
OZARKS, Missouri - Authorities are no longer restricting boaters to operating at idle speed on the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Springfield teacher charged with sexual abuse Updated: Jul-04-15 2:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a foster child in her care.
- Missouri maintains as state's rivers heat up Updated: Jul-04-15 1:47 pm
CRAIG, Montana - This fly-fishing hub was bustling with boat traffic Thursday as anglers launched boats onto a blue-ribbon stretch of the Missouri River that's Montana's No. 1 fishing destination.
- Wet ground in St. Louis area is a factor in toppled trees Updated: Jul-04-15 11:28 am
BRENTWOOD, Missouri - The wettest June on record in St. Louis has caused rivers to rise and saturated farmland. It's also a factor in an unexpected problem - toppling trees.
- Cardinals lose again at home, 2-1 to Padres Updated: Jul-04-15 12:33 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was philosophical about the end of his 23-appearance scoreless streak on Friday night.
- Twins put OF Robinson on family emergency leave Updated: Jul-03-15 7:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Minnesota Twins have placed outfielder Shane Robinson on family emergency leave.