- Twins shut down by Vargas in 5-0 loss to Royals Updated: Apr-19-14 12:08 am
- Vargas shuts down Twins, leads Royals to 5-0 win Updated: Apr-18-14 11:59 pm
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 pm
- Blackhawks, Blues set to go distance again Updated: Apr-18-14 7:05 pm
- Royals put outfielder Dyson on bereavement list Updated: Apr-18-14 6:23 pm
- Man who avoided prison is overwhelmed by support Updated: Apr-18-14 4:31 pm
- Tulsa hires Frank Haith as new hoops coach Updated: Apr-18-14 4:12 pm
- Illinois' mining-oversight official fired Updated: Apr-18-14 3:41 pm
- St. Louis priest charged with child sex crimes Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Pepsi franchise to open center in Cape Girardeau Updated: Apr-18-14 2:47 pm
- Murder suspect wants statements thrown out Updated: Apr-18-14 2:16 pm
- Woman's quest could help cure rare disorder Updated: Apr-18-14 1:44 pm
- Joplin prepares to open several new safe rooms Updated: Apr-18-14 10:55 am
- Mo. House votes to expand sales tax exemptions Updated: Apr-18-14 10:05 am
- Missouri deputy shoots, kills dog Updated: Apr-18-14 8:32 am
- Kill switch plan lauded by victim's father Updated: Apr-18-14 8:25 am
- Hit-and-run driver hits blind woman, service dog Updated: Apr-18-14 8:07 am
- Gun-related cases moving faster in St. Louis Updated: Apr-18-14 5:04 am
- Mo. Senate panel endorses penny transportation tax Updated: Apr-18-14 5:04 am
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in 3 OTs Updated: Apr-18-14 3:50 am
- Source: Haith front-runner for Tulsa job Updated: Apr-17-14 11:50 pm
- Settlement reached in suit over Bridgeton Landfill Updated: Apr-17-14 6:31 pm
- Trail delayed for former sweetener plant CEO Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 pm
- Man shot to death by St. Charles police officer Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 pm
- Burglary suspect breaks leg while fleeing police Updated: Apr-17-14 5:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Ricky Nolasco was virtually unhittable a week ago in Minnesota, shutting down the scuffling Royals over eight innings in an easy victory that came amid a three-game sweep.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jason Vargas began tinkering sometime between the second and third inning, after his pitch count had risen perilously high yet he'd managed to wiggle out of three straight jams.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After nearly a month of reports of gunshots being fired at vehicles and more than 100 tips, authorities announced charges Friday against a Kansas City-area man suspected in connection with about a dozen highway shootings that wounded three people.
ST. LOUIS - A mood of euphoric exhaustion carried over to the next day after the St. Louis Blues won the longest game in franchise history and got the upper hand against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri man who avoided prison because of a clerical error and led a law-abiding life for 13 years said he is overwhelmed by the support he's received since the story of his incarceration became public.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa hired Frank Haith of Missouri as its men's basketball coach Friday, landing a major-conference coach to lead the Golden Hurricane's transition from Conference USA to the American Athletic Conference this summer.
ST. LOUIS - A top administrator with the Illinois state agency that regulates coal mining and other energy interests has been fired, becoming the latest official to depart in the last two months.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis priest previously accused of felony child endangerment and witness tampering in Lincoln County has been charged with first-degree sodomy involving another child.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - An attorney for a Springfield man suspected of kidnapping and killing a 10-year-old girl want statements he made to police after his arrest to be suppressed.
ST. LOUIS - When Mary Kaye Richter's son was diagnosed, she could only find a few paragraphs about hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia, which inhibits the growth of teeth, hair and sweat glands. To learn more, she converted a storage room of a church in Mascoutah, Illinois, into the headquarters for a foundation that she established.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin residents will soon be able to seek shelter from storms in safe rooms across the city, school district officials said.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Pizza parlors, doughnut shops and even convenience stores all could be in line for a tax break on the food that they make and sell as a result of a measure moving through the Missouri Legislature.
WASHINGTON, Missouri - An investigation continues after an eastern Missouri deputy shot and killed a dog.
ST. LOUIS - The father of a former Saint Louis University volleyball player killed for her cellphone says he is grateful that major makers have agreed to put so-called kill switches in new smartphones next year to deter thefts and robberies.
ST. ANN, Missouri - Police in St. Louis County continue to search for the driver who struck a blind woman and her service dog.
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis judges say cases involving guns are moving through the system faster, thanks to a change in procedure.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri Senate committee has endorsed a 1-cent sales tax increase to fund transportation projects.
ST. LOUIS - In the first period, Ryan Miller looked like the goalie who limped home 0-5. For the final 80 minutes, 26 seconds, the St. Louis Blues saw the cool, confident backstop they acquired to make the deep playoff run they've long sought.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Missouri coach Frank Haith is in position to replace Danny Manning at Tulsa.
ST. LOUIS - The operator of the Bridgeton Landfill in suburban St. Louis will pay nearly $7 million to settle a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of hundreds of homeowners living nearby who claimed that noxious odors and an underground fire lowered property values and harmed their quality of life.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The criminal trial of former Mamtek CEO Bruce Cole has been delayed until December by a St. Charles County judge presiding over the case.
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - A 52-year-old man is dead after he was shot by police in St. Charles.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A burglary suspect broke his leg while trying to flee from police after a homeowner found him inside a western Missouri residence.