- Supreme Court to rule on execution stay Wednesday Updated: Dec-10-13 11:08 pm
- Mo. court upholds student transfer law in KC case Updated: Dec-10-13 8:28 pm
- House fire in W. Mo. kills 2 juveniles Updated: Dec-10-13 8:19 pm
- Woman pleads guilty in starvation of Joplin child Updated: Dec-10-13 7:57 pm
- California among states vying for Boeing jet plant Updated: Dec-10-13 7:56 pm
- KC superintendent: Ruling threatens urban schools Updated: Dec-10-13 6:07 pm
- Ex-church bookkeeper admits taking $300,000 Updated: Dec-10-13 5:55 pm
- Mississippi River low again; rock removal begins Updated: Dec-10-13 5:42 pm
- KCP&L seeking rate increase Updated: Dec-10-13 5:36 pm
- H&R Block trims 2Q loss, but revenue slips Updated: Dec-10-13 5:09 pm
- MoDOT closes local bridge near Harrisonville Updated: Dec-10-13 5:03 pm
- Kan. patrol honors KC teacher for crash response Updated: Dec-10-13 4:43 pm
- Authorities say death of man, 87, suspicious Updated: Dec-10-13 3:30 pm
- Mo. student punished for pregnancy settles claim Updated: Dec-10-13 2:47 pm
- Joplin moves forward with independent baseball Updated: Dec-10-13 1:57 pm
- Kansas City police looking for missing man Updated: Dec-10-13 12:11 pm
- 2 Haitians helped with surgeries in Kansas Updated: Dec-10-13 11:21 am
- Bayern Munich and Ribery top weekly AP poll Updated: Dec-10-13 10:50 am
- Woman seeks new judge, venue for murder trial Updated: Dec-10-13 10:44 am
- More radioactive waste found at Bridgeton landfill Updated: Dec-10-13 9:35 am
- Recent Kansas editorials Updated: Dec-10-13 8:34 am
- SE Mo. State to offer program at satellites Updated: Dec-10-13 7:44 am
- KC police shoot man who drove toward them Updated: Dec-10-13 7:20 am
- KC company illegally transported hazardous waste Updated: Dec-10-13 5:07 am
- Joplin chief named Mo. police chief of year Updated: Dec-10-13 5:07 am
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Supreme Court will not decide the fate of Missouri death row inmate Allen Nicklasson before 8 a.m. Wednesday, it told the state attorney general's office late Tuesday.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - For the second time this year, the Missouri Supreme Court upheld a state law requiring unaccredited schools to pay for students to attend class elsewhere.
ORRICK, Missouri - A house fire at a rural home in western Missouri has killed two juveniles and left an adult severely burned.
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Joplin woman has pleaded guilty for her role in the starvation of the girl who weighed only 12 pounds when she was hospitalized at age 3.
LONG BEACH, California - California is one of at least a half-dozen states vying for Boeing's attention as the aircraft giant selects a production site for its new 400-seat 777X jetliner.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The superintendent of Kansas City public schools says a Missouri Supreme Court ruling and an inadequate student transfer law threaten to take away healthy neighborhood schools for thousands of urban students.
ST. LOUIS - The former bookkeeper of a suburban St. Louis church faces sentencing March 7 after admitting that she took more than $300,000 from a church checking account.
ST. LOUIS - The up-and-down Mississippi River is down again, and the Army Corps of Engineers began rock removal efforts Tuesday in an attempt to ensure the river remains open to barge traffic through the winter.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City Power & Light is seeking to raise electric rates for its Kansas customers.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - H&R Block Inc. posted a smaller loss in its fiscal second quarter than a year ago, when the tax preparer booked a bigger loss from operations that have since been discontinued.
HARRISONVILLE, Missouri - The Missouri Department of Transportation has closed a local bridge outside Harrisonville in western Missouri because of deterioration.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas Highway Patrol has honored a Kansas City teacher for her quick response during a school bus accident outside Bonner Springs.
CARTHAGE, Missouri - Authorities in southwest Missouri are investigating the death of an 87-year-old man.
ST. LOUIS - Attorneys for a woman who filed a legal complaint against a Chesterfield chiropractic college say the school has agreed to rescind two failing grades she received while recovering from difficult childbirth.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin is a step closer to luring an independent professional baseball team from Texas.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say a 65-year-old man who had been missing since Sunday was found and returned home safely.
GALENA, Kansas - Beatrice Massier and Esther Julnide lined up their walkers Monday afternoon for a footrace of sorts.
LONDON - Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 to top this week's Associated Press global football poll.
CAMDENTON, Missouri - A Kansas City lawyer charged in the deaths of her father and his girlfriend wants her trial moved out of Camden County.
FLORISSANT, Missouri - A city engineer says more radioactive material has been discovered at St. Louis County landfill.
The Wichita Eagle, Dec. 8
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Southeast Missouri State plans to begin offering an associate degree program at its satellite campuses, starting next fall.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police shot and wounded a man who officer said sped toward them in his car.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City company has pleaded guilty to federal charges of illegally transporting hazardous waste.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin's police chief has been named police chief of the year by the Missouri Police Chief Association.