- Flooding creates holiday weekend water worries Updated: Jul-01-15 5:43 am
ST. LOUIS - The Fourth of July weekend will arrive at a time of high water, and the Army Corps of Engineers is urging those who venture out on rivers and lakes to be extra careful.
- World War I Museum in Kansas City hosts Australia exhibit Updated: Jul-01-15 5:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City is hosting an upcoming exhibit about Australian War Art.
- 2 men get prison in Missouri arson, insurance fraud case Updated: Jul-01-15 4:13 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two men have been sentenced to federal prison for arson and insurance conspiracy after authorities say they conspired to burn houses they bought and insured in Kansas City, Missouri.
- St. Louis airport to start nonstop flights to Little Rock Updated: Jul-01-15 3:22 am
ST. LOUIS - Flights with nonstop service to Little Rock, Arkansas, are set to return to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport after a two-year absence.
- Man charged with stealing headstone markers from grave sites Updated: Jul-01-15 2:23 am
JAMESPORT, Missouri - A man has been charged with more than 35 criminal complaints after police say he stole from more than a dozen grave sites in Daviess County.
- Lynn keeps Cardinals close in 11-inning loss to White Sox Updated: Jul-01-15 1:26 am
ST. LOUIS - The only damage against Lance Lynn came on a single that deflected off second base.
- Sale ties strikeout record, White Sox edge Cardinals in 11th Updated: Jul-01-15 12:59 am
ST. LOUIS - Chris Sale forced another avalanche of swings and misses. Helping at the bat, was an unexpected bonus.
- White Sox ace Sale strikes out 10 for 8th straight game Updated: Jun-30-15 10:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - White Sox pitcher Chris Sale has struck out at least 10 for the eighth straight game, matching the best run in major league history.
- Missouri Supreme Court keeps farming, gun rights measures Updated: Jun-30-15 8:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld two constitutional amendments guaranteeing the right to farm and the right to bear arms, but also said voters could go to court to challenge the summaries of ballot issues even after they've been approved by voters.
- County judge dismisses lawsuit on filming Senate committees Updated: Jun-30-15 7:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri judge dismissed Tuesday an advocacy group's lawsuit that challenged restrictions on filming Missouri Senate committee meetings.
- Garcia questionable for Thursday, Belisle placed on DL Updated: Jun-30-15 7:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia is a question mark for Thursday's start, still struggling to return from a groin cramp in his last start.
- Federal report faults police actions during Ferguson unrest Updated: Jun-30-15 6:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Police antagonized crowds who gathered to protest in Ferguson after Michael Brown's death last summer, violated free-speech rights and made it difficult to hold officers accountable, according to a Justice Department draft report that found across-the-board flaws in law enforcement's response.
- Kansas City man sentenced to life for grandmother's death Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri judge has sentenced a 19-year-old Kansas City man to life in prison for stabbing his grandmother to death a day after she celebrated her 70th birthday.
- Judge weighing Missouri lawmaker lawsuit over Rams stadium Updated: Jun-30-15 4:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri state lawmaker asked a judge to block Gov. Jay Nixon from working on plans to build a new NFL stadium in St. Louis, calling the effort a misuse of taxpayer dollars for an "illegal purpose."
- USDA: Illinois farmers plant more soybeans, less corn Updated: Jun-30-15 4:25 pm
ST. LOUIS - Illinois farmers have planted more soybeans and less corn this year, a new federal report showed Tuesday, yet they've been menaced by the wettest June on record.
- Body pulled from Missouri River near Kansas City Updated: Jun-30-15 2:48 pm
SUGAR CREEK, Missouri - Crews from the Missouri State Highway Patrol have pulled a body from the Missouri River near Sugar Creek.
- Man killed, woman badly hurt in St. Louis shooting Updated: Jun-30-15 2:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - A man is dead and a woman injured following a double shooting in north St. Louis.
- Church rebuilt after being destroyed by tornado has closed Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Dwindling membership has led to the closure of a Joplin church that was rebuilt after being destroyed by a 2011 tornado.
- Cherokee County wants Crawford County casino to be blocked Updated: Jun-30-15 9:01 am
COLUMBUS, Kansas - Cherokee County commissioners plan to ask the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission to reject a recommendation for a casino in southeast Kansas and to start the selection process again.
- St. Louis-area man accused of deadly wrong-way crash Updated: Jun-30-15 8:50 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - A suburban St. Louis man is accused of drunkenly causing a wrong-way freeway crash that killed a father of two.
- EF-2 tornado confirmed in St. Charles County Updated: Jun-30-15 8:37 am
ST. PETERS, Missouri - The National Weather Service has confirmed that a tornado touched down in St. Charles County last weekend.
- Vernon County woman sentenced to 2 years for embezzlement Updated: Jun-30-15 6:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Vernon County woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for embezzling more than $336,000 from her employer and failing to pay taxes on the stolen money.
- Overland Park giving $25K to Skywalk Memorial Updated: Jun-30-15 5:05 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - The Overland Park City Council has agreed to give $25,000 to a planned memorial commemorating a 1981 hotel disaster in Kansas City.
- Police: Woman shot in head during drive-by in Cape Girardeau Updated: Jun-30-15 3:47 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - A Cape Girardeau woman is seriously hurt after being shot in the head during an apparent drive-by shooting.
- Michael Sam, 1st openly gay NFL draftee, rejoins CFL team Updated: Jun-29-15 6:23 pm
MONTREAL - In the city where Jackie Robinson made the jump to the big leagues - and a country where gay marriage has been legal for a decade - Michael Sam has come to restart his football career.