- Missouri lawmaker ends restraining order after alleged fight Updated: Feb-06-16 12:03 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker has dropped a restraining order he had obtained against a colleague with whom he says he got into a fistfight.
- Missouri defends law capping cities' traffic ticket revenue Updated: Feb-05-16 9:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A new Missouri law overhauling the state's municipal courts and police departments violates the separation of powers, defies the state constitution's limits on unfunded mandates and unfairly singles out the St. Louis area, an attorney representing 12 St. Louis County municipalities told a courtroom Friday.
- Couple wanted in crime spree led police on chase; 1 killed Updated: Feb-05-16 9:12 pm
MILTON, Florida - A weeklong search for a Missouri couple wanted in a series of robberies and abductions across the South ended with one suspect dead and the other wounded Friday, after authorities say they chased the pair across the highway and through a rural neighborhood and exchanged gunfire with them in Florida's Panhandle.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Black students seek swifter race reforms at Missouri Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri students pointedly pressed the system's governing board Friday for faster diversity reforms at the Columbia campus, which is still grappling with racial unrest three months since protests led to departures of two top administrators.
- Woman stabbed to death at St. Louis-area home Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 pm
MOLINE ACRES, Missouri - Police in the St. Louis suburb of Moline Acres are investigating the stabbing death of a woman.
- Missouri man sentenced to 30 years wife's shooting death Updated: Feb-05-16 2:00 pm
WARRENTON, Missouri - A mid-Missouri man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the shooting death of his wife.
- About 50 Rams employees left behind in move to Los Angeles Updated: Feb-05-16 12:51 pm
- A timeline of crimes authorities blamed on Missouri couple Updated: Feb-05-16 12:46 pm
Law enforcement officers have linked Blake Fitzgerald and Brittany Nicole Harper to a spree of abductions and robberies in Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. A timeline of the crimes, from interviews with law enforcement by The Associated Press and its member news organizations and statements by local police and the U.S. Marshals Service:
- The Latest: Missouri suspects led police on chase Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
MILTON, Florida - The Latest on Missouri couple suspected in a multistate crime spree. All times local:
- Missouri presidential search committee members expanded Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The search committee for a new University of Missouri system president will include two students, two faculty members and a staff member.
- Homeless told to leave several homeless camps in Springfield Updated: Feb-05-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Advocates for the homeless say Springfield police have told people they have 48 hours to leave homeless camps in the city.
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.
- Police: Facebook helped track down snake thief Updated: Feb-05-16 8:28 am
FESTUS, Missouri - A St. Louis-area man is accused of stealing a Brazilian rainbow boa constrictor from a pet store, then losing it inside a Lowe's home improvement store.
- 11 defendants indicted in $1.2 million oxycodone conspiracy Updated: Feb-05-16 8:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Federal prosecutors in Kansas City say 11 defendants have been indicted by a federal grand jury in a $1.2 million conspiracy to distribute Oxycodone.
- Independence police officer shoots, kills man after chase Updated: Feb-05-16 7:04 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence police say a police officer fatally shot a man after a chase.
- Kansas City applies for federal transportation grant Updated: Feb-05-16 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City has applied for a federal grant to help mid-sized cities test transportation innovations.
- DNA links Missouri inmate to Kansas City woman's 1986 rape Updated: Feb-05-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man serving time for rape, kidnapping and other violent crimes has been charged in connection with the July 1986 rape of a Kansas City woman.
- Conservation Commission change passes Missouri Senate Updated: Feb-05-16 5:01 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has approved a measure that would ask voters whether to add two members to the Department of Conservation's governing board.
- State to audit tax procedures in Cass County Updated: Feb-05-16 5:00 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The state auditor has announced plans to audit Cass County's procedures on Tax Increment Financing districts.
- Man with St. Louis homes searched for explosives sentenced Updated: Feb-05-16 4:34 am
ST. LOUIS - A man who once had his St. Louis homes searched by federal agents for hidden explosive devices has been sentenced to 366 days in prison on a single federal gun charge.
- Donskoi, Thornton score in 2nd to lead Sharks over Blues 3-1 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:27 am
ST. LOUIS - San Jose Sharks goalie Martin Jones set the tone early Thursday night.
- Cal State Bakersfield beats UMKC 77-66 behind Basile Updated: Feb-05-16 12:12 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Dedrick Basile scored 20 points with four 3-pointers and Cal State Bakersfield beat Missouri-Kansas City 77-66 on Thursday to sweep the season series against the Kangaroos.
- Moss has season-high 26; Murray St tops SE Missouri, 78-72 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:10 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Jeffery Moss knocked down seven 3-point shots and scored a season-high 26 points to help lead Murray State to a 78-72 Ohio Valley Conference win over Southeast Missouri State on Thursday night.
- Missouri-St. Louis denies Statham milestone Updated: Feb-04-16 10:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Hunter Reine scored 23 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Missouri-St Louis to an 86-82 win over McKendree, denying coach Harry Statham his record-breaking 1,099th win.