- Defense dominates in Missouri's final scrimmage Updated: Aug-27-15 9:38 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Defense dominated with three interceptions, seven sacks and 15 tackles for loss in No. 24 Missouri's final scrimmage Thursday night.
- Credit impact unclear amid fight over new St. Louis stadium Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - It's unclear whether halting payments for the current St. Louis football stadium, or refusing to make them for a potential new stadium, would hurt the state's high credit rating, a state official told Missouri lawmakers Thursday.
- CF Adam Jones injured in Orioles' 5-3 loss to Royals Updated: Aug-27-15 7:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Whenever the Adam Jones tells Buck Showalter something is wrong, as he did after crashing into the outfield wall on Thursday, the Baltimore manager listens just a bit more closely.
- Yordano Ventura overpowering as Royals beat Orioles 5-3 Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura's locker sits next to that of Edinson Volquez in the Kansas City clubhouse, and two down from Johnny Cueto, who arrived last month in a trade from Cincinnati.
- Blues invite Scott Gomez for tryout Updated: Aug-27-15 5:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues invited veteran forward Scott Gomez to training camp for a tryout.
- Man charged in death of 9-year-old girl in Ferguson Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - A suburban St. Louis man was charged Thursday with killing a 9-year-old girl who was sitting on her mother's bed doing her homework when shots were fired into her home.
- New Missouri court fines, sex ed laws set to take effect Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Numerous new Missouri laws are set to take effect Friday, ranging from legislation addressing concerns about court fines raised after the fatal police shooting of a black 18-year-old in Ferguson to child-proof packaging for liquid nicotine used in electronic cigarettes.
- Orioles CF Adam Jones exits vs KC after running into wall Updated: Aug-27-15 5:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baltimore Orioles center fielder Adam Jones left the game against the Royals after running into the wall while tracking down a fly ball in the first inning Thursday.
- Jury: Cable company largely responsible in fatal blast Updated: Aug-27-15 4:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Time Warner Cable must pay nearly $6 million as part of a lawsuit alleging it was largely responsible for a fatal natural gas explosion that leveled an upscale Kansas City restaurant, jurors ruled Thursday.
- Blues' Patrik Berglund to undergo right shoulder surgery Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Patrik Berglund will undergo surgery on his right shoulder and will be evaluated in four months.
- Kansas City police searching for woman, 2-year-old Updated: Aug-27-15 3:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police are searching for a woman and her 2-year-old daughter.
- Pittsburg State finishes 15-year effort to remodel housing Updated: Aug-27-15 3:20 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Pittsburg State University has completed a 15-year, $30 million effort to remodel all residential housing on its campus.
- Northeast Missouri suspect badly hurt after police shooting Updated: Aug-27-15 3:07 pm
CANTON, Missouri - A northeast Missouri man is hospitalized with severe injuries after allegedly pointing a gun at police, prompting two officers to open fire.
- Ameren Missouri to begin moving spent nuclear fuel Updated: Aug-27-15 2:54 pm
FULTON, Missouri - Ameren Missouri's Callaway Energy Center will begin this week moving spent nuclear fuel to new storage containers.
- Argentine mom hopes pope will help get son off death row Updated: Aug-27-15 2:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - When Lidia Guerrero met with Pope Francis in Rome last year, the Argentine native told her he knew all about Guerrero's son, who has been on death row in Texas for 19 years.
- Police: Man posing as water worker stealing from elderly Updated: Aug-27-15 2:05 pm
CLAYTON, Missouri - St. Louis County police are searching for a man who is stealing from elderly residents by posing as a water company worker.
- 3-year-old boy hospitalized after shooting in St. Louis Updated: Aug-27-15 11:44 am
ST. LOUIS - A 3-year-old St. Louis boy is in stable condition after being shot - the third shooting involving a child in the region since last week.
- University of Missouri grad assistants to continue movement Updated: Aug-27-15 11:38 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A steering committee working to improve conditions of graduate assistants at the University of Missouri plans to make changes that will more effectively communicate the group's message to school officials, several committee members said.
- The Latest on TV shooting: Boyfriend remembers last text Updated: Aug-27-15 9:56 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- Enrollment down slightly at Southeast Missouri State Updated: Aug-27-15 9:10 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Enrollment at Southeast Missouri State University is down for the first time in 20 years.
- Medical examiner: Suspect shot by police had severed spine Updated: Aug-27-15 8:32 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis medical examiner says the 18-year-old fatally shot by police last week suffered a severed spinal cord, prompting a lawyer for the family to further question the police contention that the suspect ran a short distance after the shooting.
- No charges in accidental shooting death of toddler Updated: Aug-27-15 8:19 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - The St. Louis County prosecutor's office has determined that no charges will be filed in relation to the shooting death of 21-month-old Carter Epps.
- Foes of Missouri hog farm proposal win court ruling Updated: Aug-27-15 8:10 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Cole County court ruling has delayed final approval of a state permit for a large hog breeding operation in mid-Missouri.
- 25 arrested after sweep at 2 Independence motels Updated: Aug-27-15 7:47 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence-area law enforcement officers arrested 25 people after city health inspectors investigated two motels.
- Hannibal man accused in death of woman Updated: Aug-27-15 5:28 am
HANNIBAL, Missouri - A Hannibal man is charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of a woman inside her apartment.