- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Zenit St. Petersburg secured top spot in Group H by beating Valencia 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Lyon and Valbuena in the last-chance saloon Updated: Nov-23-15 8:41 am
PARIS - Mathieu Valbuena did not expect he would go through such a frustrating season when he signed a three-year deal with Lyon this summer following an exile to Russia.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Zenit back on track in Russia as leader CSKA loses Updated: Nov-21-15 2:02 pm
MOSCOW - Zenit St. Petersburg reignited its push to retain the Russian Premier League title with a 3-0 win over Ural Yekaterinburg on Saturday as leader CSKA Moscow went down to a surprise defeat.
- The Latest: British minister: Jet likely downed by explosive Updated: Nov-09-15 1:47 pm
CAIRO - The latest on the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula over a week ago that killed all 224 people onboard. (All times local.)
- Weak ruble makes Russia more accessible for budget travel Updated: Nov-09-15 11:37 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The ruble's weak. The warnings about a complicated visa process were wrong, at least with a travel agency's help. And current geopolitical tensions make this a good time to temper headlines about Russia with everyday people and places.
- Friends mourn young Russian family who died in Egypt crash Updated: Nov-04-15 5:27 pm
GATCHINA, Russia - In a sense, Alexei Gromov and his wife Tatyana began their lives together in the sky, when he proposed to her on a small, private plane he'd hired to make a romantic gesture.
- Russian restaurant mourns 2 who died in Egypt air crash Updated: Nov-03-15 1:52 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Some of the regulars coming into the Lesnoy restaurant in northern St. Petersburg this week weren't there to eat, but to leave flowers at the black-framed photos of two women who used to work there.
- The Latest: US officials: Heat detected around Russian jet Updated: Nov-03-15 11:59 am
CAIRO - The latest developments after Saturday's crash of a Russian passenger plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board. (All times local).
- Toddler in airport window encapsulates Russia plane tragedy Updated: Nov-02-15 4:20 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Ten-month-old Darina Gromova presses her soft, barely-toddler hands on the window of an airport terminal. "The main passenger," her mother's comment reads, followed by smiley faces.
- In Egypt's Red Sea resort, 'Russian season' all year round Updated: Nov-02-15 2:36 am
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - "Davai! Spasibo!" cry the restaurant touts along the main strip in Egypt's Sharm el-Sheikh resort, a mecca of Oriental kitsch where "let's go" and "thanks!" no longer pull the same weight as their Russian equivalents. Some hawkers even go so far as to evoke the last name of Russia's strongman president, shouting "Putin!" at people walking by.
- Official: Russian jet broke up at high altitude over Egypt Updated: Nov-01-15 3:29 pm
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - The Russian jetliner that crashed shortly after takeoff from an Egyptian resort city broke up at high altitude, scattering fragments of wreckage over a wide area in the Sinai Peninsula, Russia's top aviation official said Sunday as search teams raced to recover the bodies of the 224 people who died.
- Russians mourn victims of plane crash in Egypt Updated: Nov-01-15 12:14 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - In a massive outpouring of grief, thousands of people flocked to St. Petersburg's airport Sunday, laying flowers, soft toys and paper planes next to the pictures of the victims of the crash of a passenger jet in Egypt that killed all 224 on board in Russia's deadliest air crash to date.
- Officials search for cause of plane crash over Egypt's Sinai Updated: Oct-31-15 10:15 pm
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - A Russian passenger airliner crashed Saturday in a remote mountainous part of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula 23 minutes after taking off from a popular Red Sea resort, killing all 224 people on board, including 25 children.