- Sheriff: Home invasion suspect dies in attack Updated: Apr-22-14 7:37 am
- Neighborhood asks for help with water system Updated: Apr-20-14 11:58 am
- Melville man dies in St. Landry accident Updated: Apr-19-14 1:40 pm
- St. Landry council approves road improvement list Updated: Apr-17-14 7:46 am
- Man sentenced for 2011 assault on mail carrier Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 am
- Triple dead-heat for 1st in Louisiana horse race Updated: Apr-12-14 8:11 pm
- Opelousas board considers cutting leaders' pay Updated: Apr-09-14 9:28 am
- St. Landry School Board approves bonuses Updated: Apr-07-14 11:38 am
- Senator says bill would shut down 'chicken boxing' Updated: Apr-01-14 3:07 pm
- Lake Dubisson launch reopens Updated: Mar-30-14 12:34 pm
- 2 want to be police chief in Arnaudville Updated: Mar-30-14 12:04 pm
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - St. Landry Parish investigators are awaiting the results of an autopsy that could explain why a man died as they say he wielded a knife and attacked a woman in her home.
KROTZ SPRINGS, Louisiana - City engineers will explore the possibility of connecting the North Wilderness subdivision to the Krotz Springs water system.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - A 27-year-old Melville man has died in a St. Landry Parish highway accident.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - The St. Landry Parish Council has approved a list of roads scheduled for $66 million in capital improvements over the next 18 months.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 33-year-old Opelousas man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison and five years of supervised release for assaulting and robbing a U.S. Postal Service carrier.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - There was a triple dead-heat for first in a horse race at Evangeline Downs, a finish so rare there have been just six since 1990.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - An ordinance to reduce the salaries of the mayor and the Board of Aldermen by 7 percent was introduced at Tuesday's meeting.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - The St. Landry Parish School Board will hand out bonus checks to employees in May.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans senator described his bill as closing loopholes in Louisiana's cockfighting ban. An Opelousas senator said it would shut down the sport of "chicken boxing."
WASHINGTON, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development has reopened the boat launch at the Grand Prairie Interstate 49 rest area.
ARNAUDVILLE, Louisiana - A retired sheriff's deputy and Arnaudville's interim police chief are vying to complete the year as the city's police chief.