- Manhattan ousts St. Peter's 72-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:58 pm
- Quinnipiac over Niagara 89-80 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:53 pm
- Dozens arrested at Massachusetts 'Blarney Blowout' Updated: Mar-08-14 11:31 pm
- Boston University crushes Army 91-70 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:06 pm
- Canisius rallies to beat Siena 71-65 Updated: Mar-08-14 5:03 pm
- Bowman, Iona top Rider 94-71 in MAAC quarterfinals Updated: Mar-08-14 4:53 pm
- New Bedford boy reports house fire, saving 2 lives Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- US education chief heading to Boston for meetings Updated: Mar-08-14 1:41 pm
- Patrick to celebrate Boston-Dubai nonstop service Updated: Mar-08-14 12:01 pm
- Gov. Patrick to open Yawkey Commuter Rail Station Updated: Mar-08-14 10:40 am
- Tea party member Fisher seeks Mass. primary spot Updated: Mar-08-14 10:32 am
- Cape Cod residents: Shutter Pilgrim nuclear plant Updated: Mar-08-14 9:45 am
- Massachusetts energy company plans Groveton plant Updated: Mar-08-14 9:28 am
- Authorities investigate death of MIT grad student Updated: Mar-08-14 9:21 am
- Wallingford woman running Boston Marathon for YMCA Updated: Mar-08-14 7:05 am
- Rondo's 20 points lead Celtics over Nets 91-84 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:39 pm
- Child sex abuse suspect dies at Boston hospital Updated: Mar-07-14 10:35 pm
- Springfield launches $20M tower restoration plan Updated: Mar-07-14 6:16 pm
- Mass. eyes states with functioning health websites Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 pm
- Boston tunnel expected to reopen 2 days early Updated: Mar-07-14 4:03 pm
- After ruling, Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos Updated: Mar-07-14 1:31 pm
- Court approves 2nd lawyer to help Bulger's appeal Updated: Mar-07-14 12:22 pm
- Woman dies in North Adams crash Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- Man struck, killed by vehicle on Route 1 in Saugus Updated: Mar-07-14 11:35 am
- 2 Bruins fans injured by falling pole after game Updated: Mar-07-14 10:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Rhamel Brown scored 18 points, 11 after halftime, and Michael Alvarado added 17 as second-seeded Manhattan broke away from seventh-seeded St. Peter's 72-58 in a Metro Athletic Association quarterfinal Saturday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Shaq Shannon scored 20 points as third-seeded Quinnipiac held on for an 89-80 victory over 11th-seeded Niagara in a Metro Athletic Association quarterfinal on Saturday night.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - An early St. Patrick's Day celebration around the University of Massachusetts' flagship campus known as "Blarney Blowout" spun out of control Saturday as police officers in riot gear arrested more than 40 people while dispersing massive crowds, including unruly students throwing beer cans and bottles.
BOSTON - D.J. Irving scored 20 points and Maurice Watson added 10 points with 17 assists as No. 1 seed Boston University crushed fifth-seeded Army 91-70 in the Patriot tournament semifinal Saturday.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Billy Baron scored 17 points Saturday and Chris Perez added 13 as Canisius beat Siena 71-65 in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament quarterfinal.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Tre Bowman had 28 points, David Laury had 18 points and 11 rebounds and top-seeded Iona handled eighth-seeded Rider 94-71 on Saturday in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference quarterfinals.
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Authorities are praising a 9-year-old boy for helping save the lives of two people after he called 911 to report that his two-story home was on fire in New Bedford.
BOSTON - The federal education chief is traveling to Massachusetts for a series of meetings on transformation of underperforming schools, career and technical education and teacher preparation programs.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is preparing to join operators of Boston's Logan International Airport when the Middle East's biggest airline launches nonstop service to its home airport in the desert city of Dubai.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is set to celebrate the opening of the renovated Yawkey Commuter Rail Station, a development that has paved the way to double service along the 44-mile line running from Worcester to Framingham.
BOSTON - Mark Fisher makes no apologies for being a tea party member or for his belief in a minimalist government even while running for office in a state where many Republicans prefer to stay closer to the political center.
BOSTON - Residents from across Cape Cod are planning to converge on the Statehouse to call on Gov. Deval Patrick to help shut down the Pilgrim nuclear power plant in Plymouth.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A proposal to convert part of a shuttered North Country paper mill into a transfer station for natural gas could create more than 80 jobs and cut the town of Groveton's tax bills in half.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A 23-year-old graduate student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has been found dead in his room.
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - As Lynn Cella-Coyne stands at the starting line of a marathon, she can't help but cry as she experiences a variety of emotions. When she crosses the finish line, she again breaks down and the tears stream down her face.
BOSTON - Jared Sullinger was at a loss to explain how his Boston Celtics could win while committing a season-high 28 turnovers.
BOSTON - A man charged with sexually abusing 13 children through his wife's unlicensed child care business died at a hospital Friday night after an apparent suicide attempt in jail several hours earlier, his lawyer said.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield has launched a $20 million fundraising campaign to help cover new cost estimates to restore its historic downtown bell tower.
BOSTON - Massachusetts officials struggling to repair the state's hobbled health care website said Friday they're looking at the possibility of leasing or buying technology from states with functioning insurance sites.
BOSTON - State transportation officials say they expect the Callahan Tunnel to reopen a couple of days ahead of schedule.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick signed a bill on Friday updating the state's voyeurism laws, just two days after the state's highest court ruled that a man who took cellphone photos up the skirts of female subway passengers in Boston wasn't violating the law as written.
BOSTON - A federal judge has approved a second taxpayer-funded lawyer to help with convicted Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger's appeal.
NORTH ADAMS, Massachusetts - Police say a North Adams woman has died after her van crashed into a utility pole in the city.
SAUGUS, Massachusetts - State police say a man walking along U.S. Route 1 in Saugus has been struck and killed by a vehicle.
BOSTON - Authorities say two young women suffered minor injuries when a metal pole holding up protective netting behind one of the goals at the TD Garden fell and struck them after a Boston Bruins game.