- Massachusetts regional forums to focus on Open Meeting Law Updated: Aug-29-15 2:46 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healy's office will hold four regional educational forums on the Open Meeting Law throughout the state this fall.
- Woman and her dog killed in Springfield townhouse fire Updated: Aug-29-15 2:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A woman has been killed in a townhouse fire Friday night in Springfield that also injured two other people.
- 1 killed, 4 hurt in 3 separate street shootings in Boston Updated: Aug-29-15 12:58 pm
BOSTON - Boston police say a man has been killed and four people injured in three separate shootings within about an hour overnight.
- 4-year-old boy drowns while visiting Cape Cod beach Updated: Aug-29-15 12:43 pm
DENNIS, Massachusetts - A 4-year-old boy visiting a Cape Cod beach has drowned at Corporation Beach in Dennis despite efforts by bystanders and emergency responders.
- Green Line project points to dilemmas facing T board Updated: Aug-29-15 10:10 am
BOSTON - Now comes the hard part for the new board overseeing the T.
- T plans speedy replacement of Concord rail bridge Updated: Aug-29-15 9:37 am
CONCORD, Massachusetts - The MBTA is replacing an outdated commuter rail bridge in Concord and plans to do it all in about a day's work.
- Wynn earns key state approval for Boston-area casino Updated: Aug-28-15 11:29 pm
BOSTON - Wynn Resorts won a key state approval for its Boston-area casino late Friday, bringing the $1.7 billion project billed as the state's largest single private development another step closer to finally breaking ground.
- Haiti probes robbery as possible motive in killing of ex-cop Updated: Aug-28-15 6:01 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Authorities in Haiti say three men on a motorcycle have shot and killed a former national police director and a retired Boston police officer, and they say robbery could be a motive.
- New Bedford firm recalls macadamias for possible Salmonella Updated: Aug-28-15 4:28 pm
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Sid Wainer and Son, a New Bedford produce and specialty foods company, is recalling macadamia nuts due to a potential Salmonella contamination.
- Abortion-rights activists to protest Trump fundraiser Updated: Aug-28-15 3:26 pm
NORWOOD, Massachusetts - Abortion-rights activists are planning to protest outside a private fundraiser for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday night.
- Ruling threatens sex offender laws in 40 Massachusetts towns Updated: Aug-28-15 3:18 pm
BOSTON - The highest court in Massachusetts upheld a judge's decision Friday to throw out a local law that severely restricts where sex offenders can live in the city of Lynn, a ruling that could have broad implications for about 40 other communities.
- Newburyport women arraigned on child endangerment charges Updated: Aug-28-15 1:40 pm
NEWBURYPORT, Massachusetts - A mother and grandmother authorities allege fled to New York City rather than face arraignment on child endangerment charges for allowing their 7-year-old girl to live in their squalid home have been arraigned.
- Man pleads not guilty in fatal stabbing of Southbridge man Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 49-year-old Dudley man charged in connection with the death of a Southbridge man found in his home has been held without bail.
- Former Boston police officer slain in Haiti Updated: Aug-28-15 11:44 am
BOSTON - A retired Boston police officer who served as a liaison to the city's Haitian community and other immigrant neighborhoods for two mayors is being remembered for his contributions after he was shot to death in Port-au-Prince.
- Woman hit by foul ball behind home plate sues Red Sox owner Updated: Aug-28-15 10:51 am
BOSTON - A fan struck by a foul ball that went behind home plate last year during a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team's principal owner.
- School bus driver facing child pornography charge Updated: Aug-28-15 10:36 am
GREAT BARRINGTON, Massachusetts - A Berkshire County school bus driver and assistant youth football coach is facing child pornography charges.
- Many in Massachusetts facing higher health insurance rates Updated: Aug-28-15 7:38 am
BOSTON - About 300,000 Massachusetts residents who buy their own health insurance or work for small businesses are about to see their premiums jump more than 6 percent on average.
- Suburban Boston high school votes to block Confederate flag Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
WALPOLE, Massachusetts - A suburban Boston high school is taking steps to disassociate itself from a Confederate flag banner located on a graduate's property overlooking the school's athletic field.
- Cats found drowned at Boston construction site Updated: Aug-28-15 1:11 am
BOSTON - Officials are investigating a case of animal cruelty after a group of cats were found dead at a construction site in Boston's Dorchester section.
- Ex-officer accused of stealing gun, possession of oxycodone Updated: Aug-27-15 9:14 pm
SOMERVILLE, Massachusetts - A former Somerville police officer has been accused of possession of oxycodone and stealing a firearm from an officer's locker.
- Prosecution of Hernandez cousin dropped for cancer treatment Updated: Aug-27-15 7:40 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - Prosecutors say they'll abandon their case against a cousin of ex-New England Patriots player and murder convict Aaron Hernandez because of her worsening cancer.
- State: First person infected this year by West Nile virus Updated: Aug-27-15 5:02 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Department of Public Health says a Middlesex County man is the first person to contract West Nile virus in Massachusetts this year.
- McKeon takes oath as new leader of state police Updated: Aug-27-15 4:33 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts State Police officially have a new leader.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- Massachusetts woman sentenced for embezzling $2.6 million Updated: Aug-27-15 12:47 pm
DEDHAM, Massachusetts - A former employee of a Massachusetts medical supply company has been sentenced to up to four years in prison after pleading guilty to stealing $2.6 million from the business