- The Latest: State offices closed in much of Massachusetts Updated: Feb-08-16 7:37 am
BOSTON - The Latest on the winter storm hitting the Northeast on Monday (all times local):
- Another winter storm bears down on Northeast Updated: Feb-08-16 7:21 am
BOSTON - The second winter storm in four days to hit the Northeast is expected to bring blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts and leave behind as much as 18 inches of snow.
- Officials: No foul play suspected in UMass student death Updated: Feb-08-16 5:14 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Officials say the death of a student from New Hampshire who fell out of a fourth-floor window at a Massachusetts university is not suspicious.
- Police: Investigation underway after teen shot, wounded Updated: Feb-08-16 5:13 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police are investigating a shooting in Springfield that injured a teenager over the weekend.
- Man convicted of murder in 2013 slaying of veteran Updated: Feb-08-16 5:12 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man has been found guilty of murder in the 2013 slaying of a 27-year-old U.S. Army veteran.
- Woman dies in fire at Massachusetts home Updated: Feb-08-16 5:11 am
NORTH ANDOVER, Massachusetts - Fire officials say an elderly woman died and two others were unharmed in a house fire in Massachusetts.
- Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view Updated: Feb-08-16 3:35 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Ann and Jon Vitti hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to snowy New Hampshire to witness firsthand what they can't see on their TV: The more personal side of presidential politics.
- New England to get brunt of snowstorm heading east Updated: Feb-08-16 1:29 am
BOSTON - Forecasters say southeast Massachusetts could get the brunt of a snowstorm that's heading for the East Coast.
- Man who won new trial due to faulty hair evidence seeks bail Updated: Feb-08-16 1:05 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A man who was convicted of rape and spent 30 years in prison based in part on a single strand of hair is set to go before a judge to ask to be released on bail while he awaits a new trial.
- New England to get brunt of snowstorm heading east Updated: Feb-07-16 7:25 pm
BOSTON - Forecasters say parts of New England could get the brunt of a snowstorm that's heading for the east coast.
- Bruins prospect Subban stable after fracturing larynx Updated: Feb-07-16 6:25 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins prospect Malcolm Subban is in stable condition after fracturing his larynx during an American Hockey League game on Saturday.
- Avery Bradley's 25 points helps Celtics beat Kings Updated: Feb-07-16 4:38 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics enjoyed a season-high scoring day to keep their current winning stretch rolling along.
- Police release identity of 22-year-old man shot in Roxbury Updated: Feb-07-16 4:28 pm
BOSTON - Police have released the identity of a man who was fatally shot in a Boston neighborhood.
- Police: Officer shot armed suspect during home invasion Updated: Feb-07-16 2:02 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - Police say an officer who shot an armed suspect during a home invasion has been placed on administrative leave.
- Backers to rally for plan to ban sale of some animal goods Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
BOSTON - Animal rights advocates will gather on Beacon Hill to press lawmakers on a proposal that would ban the sale of food products from farms that keep animals in small, restrictive cages.
- Massachusetts man hit by falling tree limb after storm dies Updated: Feb-07-16 12:06 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say a Massachusetts man who was struck by a falling tree limb after a snowstorm has died from his injuries.
- 2001 carjack killings case heading back to court Updated: Feb-07-16 11:30 am
BOSTON - Federal prosecutors and lawyers for a man sentenced to death in the 2001 carjack killings of two Massachusetts men will be in court this week to discuss his retrial.
- Senior falls 4 stories to death at Massachusetts university Updated: Feb-07-16 11:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Authorities say a student has fallen to his death from a fourth-floor window at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Octogenarian to be sentenced in massive marijuana operation Updated: Feb-07-16 10:05 am
BOSTON - An 80-year-old man who pleaded guilty to running a massive marijuana-dealing operation faces sentencing in federal court.
- Massachusetts plan could spur hydro imports to New England Updated: Feb-07-16 9:08 am
BOSTON - Tapping into Canadian hydropower is hardly a new concept in energy-starved New England. But Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker's proposal to authorize long-term contracts between utilities and hydropower producers is being viewed in some quarters as a potential game-changer for the region.
- Marchand scores on penalty shot in OT, Bruins top Sabres 2-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:36 pm
BOSTON - It worked out perfectly for the Boston Bruins when Brad Marchand, the team's hottest scorer, was awarded a penalty shot in overtime.
- UNC Wilmington tops Northeastern, 90-73 to keep hold on 1st Updated: Feb-06-16 9:36 pm
BOSTON - Chris Flemmings scored 25 points and North Carolina Wilmington maintained its solo hold on first place in the Colonial Athletic Association Saturday with a 90-73 win over Northeastern.
- Foreman sparks BU to 89-82 OT win over Lafayette Updated: Feb-06-16 4:37 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - Kyle Foreman scored 11 of his 13 points in overtime and Boston University beat Lafayette 89-82 Saturday for the Terriers' fourth consecutive win.
- Police: Man hit by falling tree limb in critical condition Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - A 48-year-old man has been hospitalized after being struck by a falling tree limb following a winter snowstorm.
- Stony Brook dumps UMass Lowell 91-73 behind Warney Updated: Feb-06-16 4:24 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - Jameel Warney scored 24 points and grabbed 14 rebounds as Stony Brook beat UMass-Lowell 91-73 Saturday and extended the nation's longest winning streak to 15 games.