- Dover seeks to attract more young professionals to city Updated: Jul-25-15 9:06 am
DOVER, Delaware - Diane Doyle has a youthful air about her. Whether it is selling lemonade outside of NASCAR races or driving nine miles to get to the post office during Firefly, the 78-year-old is always looking for the positive and fun side of things.
- Bodies of 3 service members escorted from Delaware base Updated: Jul-24-15 9:08 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware State Police say officers from around the state escorted the bodies of two Marines and a sailor killed in Chattanooga, Tennessee, last week from Dover Air Force Base.
- Delaware officers escort bodies of 2 Marines from Dover base Updated: Jul-23-15 2:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officers from around Delaware have escorted the bodies of two Marines killed in Tennessee last week from Dover Air Force Base.
- Del. pulls National Guard recruiters from off-base offices Updated: Jul-21-15 4:32 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Delaware National Guard has pulled its recruiters from three off-base offices after attacks last week on two facilities in Tennessee killed five service members.
- Charter school under formal state review wants to relocate Updated: Jul-20-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - State education officials are holding a public hearing regarding the proposed relocation of a charter school whose two leaders were fired for repeatedly using school credit cards for personal use.
- Dover police arrest 11 in suspected drug, gun gang Updated: Jul-18-15 4:51 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover police say they've arrested 11 suspected members of the Bloods street gang who were operating out of a low-income housing complex in the city.
- Acupuncture helps those with addiction, mental illness Updated: Jul-18-15 9:02 am
DOVER, Delaware - Sometimes it's hard for Sandra Bauer to stop shaking.
- No summary judgment in forced sex suit against ex-official Updated: Jul-17-15 5:57 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A judge has refused to find former Sussex County Councilman Vance Phillips liable in a lawsuit filed by a young woman who claims he sexually abused her.
- Report: Police justified in shooting man pointing pellet gun Updated: Jul-17-15 12:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware authorities say two Dover police officers were justified in fatally shooting a mentally disturbed man who pointed a pellet gun at them.
- Ex-girlfriend of Kurt Busch resigns from military charity Updated: Jul-16-15 6:07 pm
DOVER, Delaware - NASCAR driver Kurt Busch's ex-girlfriend has resigned from the military charity that she headed amid an investigation of her finances.
- Markell vetoes bill allowing Delaware students to skip tests Updated: Jul-16-15 1:46 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has vetoed a bill allowing Delaware's public school students to opt out of standardized tests.
- No dismissal of suit challenging probationer GPS monitoring Updated: Jul-16-15 11:40 am
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware Chancery Court judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a Delaware law that requires GPS monitoring of certain convicted sex offenders on probation.
- Group helping low-income Del. residents stay cool Updated: Jul-15-15 4:19 am
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - A Delaware group is helping low-income residents of Sussex and Kent county stay cool.
- 78 charged with DUI in a week in Delaware Updated: Jul-14-15 4:50 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officials say 78 people were arrested last week on DUI charges.
- 35-year-old man fatally shot in Dover Updated: Jul-13-15 4:44 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police say a man was fatally shot on West North Street.
- Delaware scientist testifies at avian flu hearing Updated: Jul-08-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - U.S. Sen. Tom Carper has invited a Delaware animal scientist to participate in a congressional hearing on the avian flu threat, a significant issue for the Delmarva peninsula's poultry industry.
- Commercial horseshoe crab fishery in Del. to close July 9 Updated: Jul-06-15 9:10 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Fish and wildlife officials say Delaware's commercial horseshoe crab fishery is set to close as its quote nears.
- Stinging Portuguese man-of-war seen on Delaware beaches Updated: Jul-06-15 4:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - State natural resources officials are urging beachgoers to beware of stinging Portuguese man-of-war, which have returned to Delaware after a 15-year absence.
- Delaware on alert for mosquitoes after recent rain Updated: Jul-04-15 2:14 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officials in Delaware are warning of an increase in the mosquito population after near-record rainfall in the state.
- Celebrations planned throughout Delaware for July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 1:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware is celebrating the Fourth of July with parades, food-eating contests and fireworks.
- Beach reopens after end of piping plover nesting season Updated: Jul-03-15 4:17 am
DOVER, Delaware - Just in time for the long holiday weekend, state officials say a stretch of ocean beach between Gordons Pond and Herring Point at Cape Henlopen has been reopened following the piping plover nesting season.
- Dover restaurant burglarized, cash stolen Updated: Jul-02-15 3:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police say a restaurant was broken into and money taken from the cash register.
- Budget matters loom large on legislative session's final day Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers approved a $3.9 billion operating budget early Wednesday, shortly after the start of the new fiscal year, after resolving an impasse over a transportation funding bill that was the subject of partisan bickering and intense closed-door negotiations between Republicans and Democrats.
- New Delaware law allows immigrant driving cards Updated: Jun-30-15 11:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation allowing certain people living in the U.S. illegally to gain driving privileges in Delaware.