- Delaware governor heads to Switzerland symposium Updated: May-06-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell is on his way to Switzerland.
- Dover police officer charged with assault Updated: May-04-15 8:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The attorney for a Dover police officer is blasting prosecutors' efforts to continue to pursue assault charges against him after a grand jury declined last year to indict him.
- ACLU challenges Delaware GPS monitoring of sex offenders Updated: May-04-15 6:50 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The American Civil Liberties Union is challenging the constitutionality of a Delaware law that requires GPS monitoring of certain convicted sex offenders on probation.
- Delaware officials commit to ending veterans homelessness Updated: May-04-15 1:11 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell says state officials are setting a goal of ensuring that no military veteran in Delaware is homeless.
- Deputy economic development director tapped to lead office Updated: May-04-15 12:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is nominating the deputy director of Delaware's economic development office to succeed retiring director Alan Levin.
- Defense seeks to limit evidence in Matusiewicz case Updated: May-01-15 6:29 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The son of a man who killed his former daughter-in-law and another woman at a Delaware courthouse is seeking to limit evidence in his upcoming trial on federal cyberstalking charges.
- Delaware economic development director Levin stepping down Updated: Apr-30-15 6:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's state economic development director is stepping down from his cabinet post, officials announced Thursday.
- House delays vote on indoor ban on electronic cigarettes Updated: Apr-30-15 6:13 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House has postponed a vote on legislation adding electronic cigarettes to Delaware's indoor smoking ban.
- Dover Downs Gaming narrows 1Q loss, eyes further cost cuts Updated: Apr-30-15 6:11 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Downs Gaming and Entertainment narrowed its first-quarter loss compared to last year but says further cost-cutting is needed.
- South Korean company settles Kevlar trade secrets lawsuit Updated: Apr-30-15 5:49 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A South Korean company accused of stealing trade secrets involving Kevlar technology has pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges and settled separate civil litigation filed by the DuPont Co., officials said Thursday.
- Legislation allowing Delaware 'right-to-work' zones stalls Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Republican legislation allowing "right-to-work" zones in Delaware stalled in a Democratic-led Senate committee Wednesday amid complaints from organized labor that it is a union-busting measure.
- Delaware Senate considers moratorium on charter schools Updated: Apr-28-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate is poised to vote on a bill establishing a moratorium on new charter schools in Delaware.
- Delaware bill allows land banks to acquire vacant properties Updated: Apr-27-15 1:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Democratic state lawmakers have introduced legislation making it easier for local governments to acquire and redevelop abandoned and vacant real estate.
- Police: Man found shot to death on Dover sidewalk Updated: Apr-27-15 7:40 am
DOVER, Delaware - Police say a 29-year-old man was found fatally shot on a sidewalk in Dover.
- Wells Fargo seek state grants for Delaware job creation Updated: Apr-27-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - A state economic development panel is set to vote on a request by Wells Fargo Bank for more than $1.3 million in taxpayer grants to help offset costs associated with relocating and creating new jobs in New Castle County.
- Space heater blamed for blaze that destroyed 3 mobile homes Updated: Apr-24-15 1:26 pm
DOVER, Delaware - State fire investigators are blaming a space heater malfunction for a fire at Dover mobile home park that destroyed three house trailers and displaced 16 people.
- Delaware House approves Sussex Tech school tax hike Updated: Apr-23-15 5:29 pm
DOVER, Delaware - House lawmakers have passed a bill allowing the Sussex Technical school district to temporarily raise tax rates on residents.
- Police charge 4, seize 50 guns in illegal hunting probe Updated: Apr-23-15 9:23 am
DOVER, Delaware - Police say they've charged four men and seized more than 50 guns as part of illegal hunting investigation.
- Delaware school districts plan to make up for snow days Updated: Apr-22-15 4:32 pm
DOVER, Delaware - After the winter forced schools to miss class days, Delaware's school districts are working to make up the lost time.
- Dover mayor re-elected, 3 council incumbents ousted Updated: Apr-22-15 8:18 am
DOVER, Delaware - Dover voters have re-elected Mayor Robin Christiansen to his first full term.
- Delaware officials announce new career-related school grants Updated: Apr-22-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - State officials are set to announce the first round of grants in a new program aimed to given Delaware high schools specialized training in high-demand career fields.
- Federal court rejects appeal in Delaware drug smuggling case Updated: Apr-21-15 5:37 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A federal appeals court panel in Philadelphia has upheld the conviction and sentence of a California man accused of being a former smuggler and enforcer for Mexico's once-feared Arellano Felix drug cartel.
- DuPont reports decline in first-quarter earnings Updated: Apr-21-15 5:16 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The DuPont Co. says the strong dollar and challenges in the agriculture and performance chemicals industries contributed to lower sales and earnings in the first quarter.
- Delaware governor refuses to provide 'secret' email address Updated: Apr-21-15 3:59 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell is refusing to disclose a personal email address he often uses for state business, while acknowledging in response to a lawmaker's FOIA request that it is one of the "worst-kept secrets" in state government.
- 2 men plead guilty to arsons at 3 Delaware churches Updated: Apr-21-15 6:34 am
DOVER, Delaware - Two Delaware men have pleaded guilty to arson charges after fires at three churches in the Felton area in December.