- Aide to Sen. Coons nominated to be US Marshal Updated: May-21-15 7:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - U.S. Sen. Tom Carper says an aide to fellow Sen. Chris Coons has been tapped by President Obama to be the next United States Marshal for Delaware.
- State Supreme Court allows child sex abuse suit to proceed Updated: May-21-15 7:06 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Delaware Supreme Court says a woman who claims she was molested by her foster father can proceed with a lawsuit against the private school where he taught.
- 591 bags of heroin seized during raid Updated: May-21-15 6:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police have arrested a man after officers say they saw him conduct two drug transactions. Authorities say a raid on his home netted 591 bags of heroin.
- Delaware lawmakers leery of cutting senior tax subsidies Updated: May-21-15 5:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's legislative budget writers signaled Thursday that they have no political appetite to swallow Democratic Gov. Jack Markell's proposal to cut property tax breaks for senior citizens in order to balance the budget for the fiscal year starting July 1.
- Delaware board of education eyes Wilmington school districts Updated: May-21-15 3:50 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's state Board of Education is holding a special meeting to discuss a process for changing boundaries of school districts serving students in Wilmington.
- Man charged in slaying outside Dover apartment complex Updated: May-19-15 8:41 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police have charged a man with fatally shooting a high school student outside a Dover apartment complex.
- Dover man injured in drive-by shooting Updated: May-19-15 3:57 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police say a man was injured when he was shot in a mobile home park.
- Delaware officials set to consider Exelon-Pepco deal Updated: May-19-15 4:05 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware regulators are set to consider the proposed $6.8 billion acquisition of Delmarva Power and Light Co.'s parent company by Chicago-based Exelon Corp.
- Former Ghana president gives DSU commencement speech Updated: May-18-15 5:32 am
DOVER, Delaware - About 500 graduates from Delaware State University received a commencement speech from the former president of Ghana.
- Delaware political aide turns suspense novelist Updated: May-16-15 2:58 pm
DOVER, Delaware - One of Bryan Reardon's jobs in Gov. Tom Carper's office in 1994 was to write response letters to Delawareans who had reached out to the governor seeking help on one issue or another.
- House Democrats pass proposal to raise vehicle fees Updated: May-14-15 8:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A proposal by Democratic lawmakers to raise motor vehicle fees to pay for road and infrastructure improvements cleared the House on a straight party-line vote Thursday.
- Republican loses appeal over disputed Kent County election Updated: May-14-15 4:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from the Republican candidate in last year's recorder of deeds race in Kent County.
- Death penalty repeal bill fails to clear House committee Updated: May-13-15 3:39 pm
A bill to abolish Delaware's death penalty failed to clear a House committee Wednesday after winning narrow passage in the Senate, the same fate suffered by similar legislation two years ago.
- Senate passes bill prohibiting bylaws on fee shifting Updated: May-12-15 7:07 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate has passed a measure prohibiting publicly traded corporations from enacting bylaws that force shareholders to pay legal fees if they challenge the company in court and lose.
- Bill makes it easier to expunge juvenile records Updated: May-12-15 5:22 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House has unanimously approved a bill that would make it easier for those with juvenile criminal convictions to have their records expunged.
- State drops charges against drug lab worker Updated: May-12-15 10:32 am
DOVER, Delaware - Prosecutors have dropped all charges against a chemist who was arrested in an evidence tampering and theft investigation at Delaware's drug lab.
- Video shows white officer kicking black man in face Updated: May-08-15 1:25 am
DOVER, Delaware - A police dashcam video released Thursday shows a black suspect being kicked in the face by a white police officer who was charged this week with assault.
- House Oks bill allowing students to skip standardized tests Updated: May-07-15 7:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House on Thursday overwhelmingly passed a bill allowing public school students to opt out of state standardized testing, but the legislation faces a possible veto by Gov. Jack Markell if it passes the Senate.
- ACLU of Delaware sues over sex offender GPS law Updated: May-07-15 4:04 am
DOVER, Delaware - The American Civil Liberties Union of Delaware has filed a lawsuit challenging a state law requiring high-risk sex offenders on probation to wear a GPS monitor and pay a daily charge.
- 2 ex-Wilmington Trust executives indicted in bank fraud case Updated: May-06-15 9:14 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Two former top executives of Wilmington Trust were indicted by a federal grand jury Wednesday on charges of making false statements to government officials about the troubled loan portfolio that led to the bank's demise.
- House committee releases marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: May-06-15 8:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A bill decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana has cleared a Delaware legislative panel and is headed to the House floor for a vote.
- Former pediatrician appeals 'waterboarding' conviction Updated: May-06-15 8:02 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A former pediatrician imprisoned for abusing his female companion's daughter, including "waterboarding" the girl by holding her head under a faucet, didn't get a fair trial, his lawyer argued on appeal Wednesday to a Delaware Supreme Court panel.
- Recreational black sea bass season to open 4 days early Updated: May-06-15 4:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - State natural resources officials say the recreational black sea bass season will open 4 days earlier than expected.
- Former pediatrician appeals "waterboarding" conviction Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Delaware Supreme Court is mulling an appeal by a former pediatrician serving three years in prison for abusing his female companion's preteen daughter, including "waterboarding" the girl by holding her head under a faucet.
- Delaware governor heads to Switzerland symposium Updated: May-06-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell is on his way to Switzerland.