- North Carolina seeks delay to fix 2 congressional districts Updated: Feb-08-16 5:21 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Attorneys for the state of North Carolina asked federal judges to delay an order requiring two congressional districts to be redrawn, saying absentee voting is already under way for the March 15 primary.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Raleigh taxi driver shot and killed on duty Updated: Feb-08-16 2:00 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Raleigh police are investigating after a taxi driver was shot and killed.
- Soldier charged with killing wife near Fayetteville Updated: Feb-08-16 12:51 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Deputies have charged an Army soldier from Cumberland County with second-degree murder in the slaying of his wife.
- Hit-and-Run: Teenager killed in hit-and-run near Lumberton Updated: Feb-08-16 12:39 pm
LUMBERTON, North Carolina - The North Carolina Highway Patrol is looking for a driver who hit and killed a teenager near Lumberton over the weekend.
- More snow headed to western North Carolina Updated: Feb-08-16 9:57 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More snow is probably headed to the mountains of western North Carolina this week.
- North Carolina Gov. McCrory in minor crash after Super Bowl Updated: Feb-08-16 8:04 am
SANTA CLARA, California - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory sustained minor injuries after the vehicle he was riding in was rear-ended shortly after the Carolina Panthers' Super Bowl loss.
- Forum on use of body cameras in western NC Updated: Feb-08-16 6:35 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville area law enforcement agencies are holding a public meeting on the use of body cameras.
- Man dies after starting Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh Updated: Feb-08-16 6:19 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A man has died after starting a Raleigh race in which contestants are supposed to also eat a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts midway through the competition.
- Man charged in wreck that killed Fort Bragg officer Updated: Feb-08-16 5:02 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A man has been arrested on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in connection with a fatal wreck in Fayetteville that killed a 47-year-old Fort Bragg officer earlier this year.
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Weekend shooting leaves man dead in downtown Charlotte Updated: Feb-07-16 3:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte are investigating after a man was shot and killed in a downtown parking lot.
- Man dies in weekend shooting in Winston-Salem Updated: Feb-07-16 3:15 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Police are investigating after a weekend shooting in downtown Winston-Salem left a man dead.
- Company with SC plant says new Duke plant in NC not needed Updated: Feb-07-16 2:13 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - An energy company with a power plant in the South Carolina Midlands says a new Duke Energy plant near Asheville is unnecessary.
- Man dead, man charged in Alamance County slaying Updated: Feb-07-16 11:59 am
GRAHAM, North Carolina - An Alamance County man is in jail charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of a neighbor.
- Chopper Rescue: Helicopters bring hiker off NC mountain Updated: Feb-07-16 11:36 am
ALTAMONT, North Carolina - A hiker who fell in the North Carolina mountains is safe after it took more than five hours and two helicopters to get him to a hospital in Asheville.
- Couple plans to reopen Sky-Vu Drive-In Theater in Gratz Updated: Feb-07-16 11:36 am
GRATZ, Pennsylvania - Although blue skies appeared through a hole in the screen at the Sky-Vu Drive-In Theater in Gratz on Friday, Tim Neal saw it as an opportunity and a "perfect" fit.
- Storm warning: Storm bringing winds, high surf to NC coast Updated: Feb-07-16 10:14 am
MOREHEAD CITY, North Carolina - A coastal storm is bringing some wintery precipitation to eastern North Carolina and should mean high winds and high surf along the coast.
- Costs of closing, cleaning toxic coal ash pits grows clearer Updated: Feb-07-16 9:44 am
EDEN, North Carolina - Giant earthmoving machines beep and grind as they drop 17-ton scoops of coal ash and dirt into dozens of railroad cars lined up for two-thirds of a mile at a site along the Virginia-North Carolina border, where the country's largest electricity company was responsible for one of the worst spills of the toxic, liquefied waste in U.S. history.
- Rally for AIDS awareness planned for North Carolina capitol Updated: Feb-07-16 6:16 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Religious groups and elected leaders are holding a rally at the North Carolina capitol for AIDS awareness.
- No. 2 North Carolina loses again, falls 80-76 to Notre Dame Updated: Feb-06-16 11:15 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Coach Roy Williams blamed North Carolina's second straight loss on the same problem from its previous one: a lack of intensity.
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame did it to North Carolina again.
- Batum's 26 points, 11 rebounds lead Hornets past Wizards Updated: Feb-06-16 10:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte Hornets guard Nicolas Batum is finally healthy, after dealing with an injured toe the past four weeks.
- Kemrite, Cabbil help Liberty hold off High Point 80-76 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:02 pm
HIGH POINT, North Carolina - Ryan Kemrite scored the go-ahead basket after grabbing an offensive rebound, and Lovell Cabbil knocked down six straight free throws as Liberty held off High Point 80-76 Saturday night.
- UNC Wilmington tops Northeastern, 90-73 to keep hold on 1st Updated: Feb-06-16 9:36 pm
BOSTON - Chris Flemmings scored 25 points and North Carolina Wilmington maintained its solo hold on first place in the Colonial Athletic Association Saturday with a 90-73 win over Northeastern.