- Prominent pastor of NC church shot dead while cleaning gun Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - The pastor of a Southern Baptist church in Charlotte is dead from a gunshot wound while cleaning his gun.
- Spurrier dealing with offensive unknowns Updated: Aug-30-15 4:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - So Steve Spurrier finally settled on South Carolina's starting quarterback. He just wishes that was his only question on offense.
- Panthers trim 8 players from roster Updated: Aug-30-15 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have cut eight players, including two wide receivers.
- Mortgage handling complaints persist for NC consumers Updated: Aug-30-15 11:58 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Complaints against mortgage companies continue to stream in from financial consumers in North Carolina nine years after the start of the U.S. housing crisis.
- Fate of 2011 legislative, congressional maps back in court Updated: Aug-30-15 11:13 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's boundaries for General Assembly and congressional seats were drawn four years ago by Republican legislators and have been used in the past two election cycles, helping bolster GOP electoral gains.
- Prosecutors determine stepfather was killed in self-defense Updated: Aug-29-15 6:41 pm
HICKORY, North Carolina - A 33-year-old Hickory man will face no charges for fatally stabbing his stepfather while defending himself and his mother.
- Wake Forest police investigating shooting death Updated: Aug-29-15 5:44 pm
WAKE FOREST, North Carolina - Wake Forest police are investigating the shooting death of a 27-year-old man found outside a home.
- Democrats choose former House member to replace Glazier Updated: Aug-29-15 1:28 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Democratic leaders in Cumberland County have selected former North Carolina Rep. Billy Richardson to replace a resigning House member.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:07 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Kentucky clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage closed her office Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend Updated: Aug-29-15 12:55 pm
ALPHARETTA, Georgia - Authorities say a man suspected in the 1991 death of his former girlfriend in North Carolina was arrested in suburban Atlanta.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 12:47 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Rowan County clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage and religious conscience closed her office on Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- NC Supreme Court take new look at case from housing crisis Updated: Aug-29-15 12:34 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's crippled housing market was limping along when Shawn Pendergraft decided he'd take over a foreclosed Raleigh home in 2011. He backed up a moving van, unpacked his belongings and changed the locks.
- 32-year-old man sentenced for shooting teen in back 5 times Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A 32-year-old Wilmington man has been sentenced to between 20 and 26 years in prison for shooting a teenager in the back five times, leaving him a quadriplegic.
- Veterans with PTSD praise audio-therapy results Updated: Aug-29-15 1:54 am
SARASOTA, Florida - On March 23, 1994, as it made its approach to Pope Air Force Base in North Carolina, the nose of an F-16 clipped the right rear elevator of a C-130 in mid-air. Although the stricken transport managed to circle around for a safe landing, the jet fighter crew had to eject as their doomed plane, on full afterburner, hurtled toward the base.
- Brady throws 2 INTs, 1 TD, Patriots beat Panthers 17-16 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - At least for one series Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady again.
- The Latest: Caucus presidents asks for retrial Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on the state of North Carolina's decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in 2013. (All times local):
- 18-year-old found guilty of killing couple in their home Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An 18-year-old man was convicted Friday of gunning down a couple in their Wake County home in 2013 because he mistakenly thought a rival gang member lived there.
- Herbert advances to Winston-Salem final Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - French qualifier Pierre-Hughes Herbert advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final, beating 13th-seeded Steve Johnson of the U.S. 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Friday.
- Davidson County man sentenced for killing 3 people in 2011 Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
LEXINGTON, North Carolina - A 45-year-old Davidson County man has been sentenced to more than 62 years in prison for killing three people in November 2011.
- Shopping 'Under the Dome' as TV show prepares to move Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Everything must go, including some kitchen sinks.
- Ex-North Carolina officer sentenced in chase, shooting Updated: Aug-28-15 12:04 pm
SUPPLY, North Carolina - A former police officer in North Carolina has been sentenced to at least 22 years in prison for his guilty plea on charges involving a chase and attempted murder.
- Prosecutors: No retrial for white officer who shot black man Updated: Aug-28-15 11:41 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina state attorneys have decided against retrying a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man after his trial ended last week in a deadlock.
- More people attending Revolutionary War park in Greensboro Updated: Aug-28-15 10:04 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - More people are visiting the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park in Greensboro, site of a key Revolutionary War battle.
- US appeals court won't reconsider Wake school board ruling Updated: Aug-28-15 7:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has refused to reconsider its ruling that keeps alive a challenge of the Wake County school board election districts.
- Owners of unleashed dogs at Hatteras Seashore face fines Updated: Aug-28-15 7:05 am
BUXTON, North Carolina - Owners of unleashed dogs at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore could be fined up to $125.