- NC officials urge caution after Hepatitis A cases Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- McCrory, tax overhaul opponents differ on result Updated: Apr-15-14 8:38 pm
- Crew diverts Delta flight to Raleigh-Durham Updated: Apr-15-14 8:11 pm
- UNC investigator meets with Willingham Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- USDA says NC health agency met food stamp deadline Updated: Apr-15-14 7:52 pm
- Militia leader pleads guilty to ID theft Updated: Apr-15-14 5:43 pm
- Charlotte man pleads to stealing from employer Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- New charges for Winston-Salem woman in hit-and-run Updated: Apr-15-14 4:47 pm
- Off-duty Tarboro police officer killed in wreck Updated: Apr-15-14 4:02 pm
- Authorities looking for suspects in NC kidnapping Updated: Apr-15-14 3:23 pm
- Va. State player pleads in opposing QB assault Updated: Apr-15-14 3:22 pm
- Charlotte will spend $1 million to clean PCBs Updated: Apr-15-14 12:32 pm
- First women move into Army platoon artillery jobs Updated: Apr-15-14 12:31 pm
- Mitchell pulls out of 12th District race Updated: Apr-15-14 9:56 am
- SBI investigates fatal shooting of man by officer Updated: Apr-15-14 8:34 am
- Corps: Part of Oregon Inlet too shallow to dredge Updated: Apr-15-14 8:10 am
- NC LGBT group to hold rally over tax filing policy Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Douglas-Roberts lifts Bobcats past Hawks 95-93 Updated: Apr-14-14 11:12 pm
- Kevin Siers of Charlotte Observer wins Pulitzer Updated: Apr-14-14 7:59 pm
- Educators, legislators cool to NC pay report Updated: Apr-14-14 7:07 pm
- NC high court holds hearings on Racial Justice Act Updated: Apr-14-14 6:37 pm
- Fayetteville to set up police surveillance cameras Updated: Apr-14-14 6:29 pm
- 3 scheduled at Raleigh TV debate for US Senate Updated: Apr-14-14 4:49 pm
- Charlotte coach banned for life from USA Swimming Updated: Apr-14-14 2:52 pm
- Haas plans to field Formula 1 team in next 2 years Updated: Apr-14-14 2:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Officials at the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services are reminding residents to always take precautions when preparing food regardless of where they are.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and his fiscal allies used Tuesday's tax-filing deadline to highlight a tax overhaul passed last summer that they say will benefit most North Carolina residents - either by leaving more money in their wallets or providing them with new jobs. But critics insist most people will see higher taxes and government services still hindered by cash shortages.
MORRISVILLE, North Carolina - A Delta Air Lines flight heading for Atlanta was diverted to Raleigh-Durham International Airport after the crew noticed some vibration after takeoff.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The reading specialist who questioned the literacy level of athletes who were admitted to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has met with an investigator looking into academic fraud at the school.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The federal government says it's satisfied that North Carolina's Department of Health and Human Services has met the final deadline to whittle down its backlog of food stamp applications at local social service offices.
MINNEAPOLIS - A self-described militia commander from Minnesota who was charged with stealing identification information from members of his former Army unit at Fort Bragg in North Carolina has pleaded guilty to identity theft.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a Charlotte man who was controller and later chief financial officer of a Mint Hill business has admitted to stealing about $4 million from his employer.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Additional charges have been filed against a Winston-Salem woman whose vehicle struck and dragged a man more than two miles.
TARBORO, North Carolina - An off-duty Tarboro police officer was killed Tuesday when the van he was driving collided with an North Carolina Department of Transportation excavator truck in Edgecombe County, police said.
ATLANTA - A federal prosecutor said agents were still looking for more suspects in the abduction of a North Carolina prosecutor's father as a judge denied bond Tuesday for five people arrested last week.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A Virginia State football player pleaded guilty Tuesday to assaulting Winston-Salem State's starting quarterback during a November luncheon, the day before the teams were going to play for the league championship.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The city of Charlotte expects to spend more than $1.3 million to clean PCB contamination found in its sewer system.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Under a canopy of trees on the edge of a large field, soldiers from Bravo Battery are lying in a circle as they pore over targeting charts. Nearby, others are preparing the howitzer cannons as helicopters swoop overhead. At the edge of the circle, the platoon leader watches as the field artillerymen go through their training exercise.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Former Charlotte City Councilman James Mitchell has dropped out of the race to fill the 12th Congressional District seat vacated when Mel Watt became head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
HAMPSTEAD, North Carolina - The State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the fatal shooting of a Pender County man by a North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper.
HATTERAS ISLAND, North Carolina - The Army Corps of Engineers says part of the Oregon Inlet is too shallow to dredge.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest LGBT advocacy group is holding a rally to protest a new state tax policy regarding same-sex couples.
ATLANTA - One team was motivated by the goal of dodging the Miami Heat in the first round of the playoffs. The other team's goal was resting its starters.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kevin Siers has continued a tradition of Pulitzer Prizes for cartoonists at The Charlotte Observer.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Several educators and legislators on a General Assembly task force were cool Monday to their own panel's recommendations for overhauling public school teacher compensation, which included few specific actions and asked for another study.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's highest court will determine whether a lower-court judge erred when he ruled that racism was so pervasive in the trials of four convicted murderers that their sentences had to be changed from death to life behind bars without parole.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The city of Fayetteville's first police surveillance cameras are being installed this week.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - U.S. Senate candidate Thom Tillis says he won't participate in a televised debate the night before early voting begins for the May 6 primary.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte swim coach has been banned for life from USA Swimming after being charged with misdemeanor sexual misconduct involving a minor.
CONCORD, North Carolina - NASCAR team owner Gene Haas is out to prove that an American-based team can succeed in the Formula One racing series.