- More than 360,000 remain without power in NC Updated: Mar-08-14 10:11 am
- NC licenses, IDs to carry veteran designation Updated: Mar-08-14 4:04 am
- Raleigh security guard faces extortion charge Updated: Mar-08-14 4:04 am
- No. 13 UNC women beat No. 8 Maryland 73-70 in ACCs Updated: Mar-08-14 12:09 am
- No. 13 UNC women beat No. 8 Maryland 73-70 in ACCs Updated: Mar-07-14 11:48 pm
- Jefferson, Walker lead Bobcats past Cavs 101-92 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:14 pm
- No. 10 Duke beats Ga Tech 82-52 at ACC tourney Updated: Mar-07-14 11:09 pm
- Upshaw leads Hofstra past Wilmington 78-70 Updated: Mar-07-14 10:20 pm
- The Citadel upsets UNCG 86-76 to advance in SoCon Updated: Mar-07-14 9:42 pm
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her Updated: Mar-07-14 9:07 pm
- Ga Tech women fall to No. 10 Duke, 82-52 Updated: Mar-07-14 8:57 pm
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat FSU 83-57 in ACCs Updated: Mar-07-14 5:59 pm
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat FSU 83-57 in ACCs Updated: Mar-07-14 5:42 pm
- Asheville beats Radford 96-87 in Big South tourney Updated: Mar-07-14 5:27 pm
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county Updated: Mar-07-14 5:07 pm
- No. 14 NC State women beat Syracuse 79-63 in ACC Updated: Mar-07-14 4:57 pm
- McCrory declares emergency in North Carolina Updated: Mar-07-14 4:27 pm
- Duke's Parker faces tough stay-or-go decision Updated: Mar-07-14 3:35 pm
- SC sergeant arrested on NC sex charges Updated: Mar-07-14 1:16 pm
- Fallen trees force NC Zoo to close for weekend Updated: Mar-07-14 1:03 pm
- Man gets life for killing 3 in Charlotte Updated: Mar-07-14 10:14 am
- 4,700 gallons of sewage overflows in Wilmington Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 am
- UNC-Duke rematch highlights final weekend in ACC Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- Friday's Syracuse-NC State ACC game delayed 1 hour Updated: Mar-06-14 11:30 pm
- No. 13 UNC women beat Wake Forest 69-65 in ACCs Updated: Mar-06-14 11:29 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More than 360,000 customers remain without power as the Piedmont of North Carolina thaws out from a late winter storm.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Qualified North Carolina military veterans may now carry the designation of veteran on their driver licenses and identification cards.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A private security guard at a Raleigh department store already facing an extortion charge has been arrested a second time in connection with two shoplifting incidents.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Alyssa Thomas wasn't in position to appreciate setting Maryland's career scoring record, not after the No. 8 Terrapins' quick exit from their final Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - North Carolina's Allisha Gray barely got to play in her Atlantic Coast Conference tournament debut. She more than made up for it in Friday night in the quarterfinals, turning in a big performance that helped make Maryland's final trip here a short one.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - When Michael Jordan speaks, people still listen.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - After stumbling a bit down the stretch, No. 10 Duke came to the right city - and faced the right opponent - to get rolling again.
BALTIMORE - Zeke Upshaw had 23 points and four 3-pointers to lead eighth-seeded Hofstra over ninth-seeded NC-Wilmington 78-70 in the opening round of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament on Friday night.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Ashton Moore scored 24, Matt Van Scyoc added 20 and 11th-seeded The Citadel beat No. 6 seed UNCG 86-76 on Friday to advance to the semifinals of the Southern Conference tournament.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - An Army captain at the center of a sexual assault case that has scandalized the U.S. military testified Friday that a general twice forced her to perform oral sex on him during their three-year, illicit affair.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Georgia Tech can't shoot against Duke. No wonder the Yellow Jackets can't beat their conference rivals.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - For two games, Natasha Howard did everything she could to keep her Florida State team alive in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Notre Dame made its Atlantic Coast Conference tournament debut look a lot like nearly every other game it played in the league this season.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Jaron Lane scored 29 points, Andrew Rowsey 27 and D.J. Cunningham grabbed a Big South tournament-record 19 rebounds as UNC Asheville advanced to the semifinals with a 96-87 victory over Radford on Friday.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A service for longtime North Carolina lawmaker Martin Nesbitt is scheduled for next week in his home of Buncombe County.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Markeisha Gatling scored a career-high 28 points before leaving with an injury, helping No. 14 North Carolina State beat Syracuse 79-63 in Friday's Atlantic Coast Conference tournament quarterfinals.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has declared a state of emergency for North Carolina in the wake of a winter storm that's left hundreds of thousands without power.
DURHAM, North Carolina - This could be it for Jabari Parker at Duke.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A sergeant based in South Carolina has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting adult and child victims in North Carolina.
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - Trees toppled by a winter storm and the threat of more frozen precipitation have forced the North Carolina Zoo to keep its doors closed through the weekend.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Mecklenburg County jury has returned a life prison sentence for a man convicted of killing three people more than five years ago.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A crack in a sewage pipe in Wilmington has resulted in about 1,000 gallons of wastewater reaching a ditch leading into a nearby creek.
A look at five things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference this week:
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Icy weather conditions in Greensboro have forced a one-hour delay for the start of Friday's quarterfinal game between No. 14 North Carolina State and Syracuse in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Freshman Diamond DeShields scored 17 points and hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:44 left to help No. 13 North Carolina beat Wake Forest 69-65 in Thursday's second round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.