- GOP criticizes 'offensive' posts of NC elections appointee Updated: Jul-30-15 9:19 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Republican Party officials said Thursday they were unaware of racially tinged social media posts by a man appointed to a county elections board and are urging him to step down.
- NC attorneys rest case in lawsuit challenging election law Updated: Jul-30-15 8:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Attorneys defending North Carolina's new elections law rested their case in federal court Thursday after presenting evidence they say shows that the new law is racially neutral and has no discriminatory intent.
- Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner buys share of Ganassi Updated: Jul-30-15 5:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman has agreed to buy an interest in the race team owned by Chip Ganassi.
- LinkedIn reports 2Q loss Updated: Jul-30-15 4:43 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported a loss of $67.7 million in its second quarter.
- Coastal officials mull plan to spread tax money elsewhere Updated: Jul-30-15 4:05 pm
MANTEO, North Carolina - A Dare County official says he plans to lobby lawmakers in the General Assembly who are looking at a proposal in the state budget that would distribute a larger percentage of sales tax generated in wealthier counties to the state's poorer counties.
- About 8,000 patients at Fort Bragg clinic to be reassigned Updated: Jul-30-15 1:59 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - About a quarter of the patients at Fort Bragg's Clark Health Clinic will be reassigned to other Army clinics because of a shortage of health care providers.
- Robeson to improve access for people with disabilities Updated: Jul-30-15 12:43 pm
LUMBERTON, North Carolina - A North Carolina county has agreed to improve access for people with disabilities to such public facilities as government offices, voting sites, parks and playgrounds.
- Woman pleads to manslaughter in Greensboro man's death Updated: Jul-30-15 8:17 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A Greensboro woman has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing death of her boyfriend nearly two years ago.
- Civil rights museum in Greensboro losing money Updated: Jul-30-15 7:08 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - An audit shows the International Civil Rights Center & Museum in Greensboro spent $2 million more than it took in during the last three years.
- Manatees show up in coastal North Carolina Updated: Jul-30-15 6:40 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Manatees have been spotted in the marinas and waters in southeastern North Carolina.
- 2 western North Carolina homes added to historic register Updated: Jul-30-15 4:34 am
TRYON, North Carolina - Two rustic summer homes dating to the first half of the 20th century in Henderson and Polk counties have been added to the National Register of Historic Homes.
- Road funding plans fuel debate between McCrory, legislators Updated: Jul-29-15 6:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory and Republican legislative leaders argued back and forth Wednesday about their plans to fund transportation projects, continuing a showdown that has highlighted a divide between the Senate and the governor's office.
- Panthers WR Hill cited for drug paraphernalia Updated: Jul-29-15 6:26 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Panthers wide receiver Stephen Hill has been cited for knowingly possessing drug paraphernalia with intent to use.
- Gettleman looks to make it 3 straight playoffs Panthers Updated: Jul-29-15 5:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There were some questions when Panthers owner Jerry Richardson hired Dave Gettleman as the team's new general manager in 2013.
- Qorvo tumbles aftermarket following fiscal 2Q outlook Updated: Jul-29-15 5:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Shares of chipmaker Qorvo plunged in aftermarket trading Wednesday after its fiscal second-quarter forecast fell short of Wall Street's forecasts.
- NC lawmakers enter legal battle over Blackbeard's ship Updated: Jul-29-15 5:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina lawmakers are wading into a legal battle between the state and the explorers of Blackbeard's pirate ship over the rights to footage from the famed wreck.
- Alternate jurors chosen for police officer's trial Updated: Jul-29-15 5:11 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Four alternate jurors have been selected for the voluntary manslaughter trial of a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer accused in the 2013 shooting death of an unarmed black man.
- Crew chief Adam Stevens pushes Busch's comeback along Updated: Jul-29-15 4:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There was little doubt that Kyle Busch and crew chief Adam Stevens could be successful together. The duo won 19 of their 52 Xfinity Series races, so chemistry clearly wasn't a problem.
- Duke hires Young as softball coach Updated: Jul-29-15 4:21 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Roughly three years before its first game, Duke has a softball coach.
- NASCAR penalizes Premium Motorsports for unattached weight Updated: Jul-29-15 3:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR has penalized Premium Motorsports because an unattached weight fell off the car during practice last weekend at Indianapolis.
- Panthers' Rivera could miss practices after brother's death Updated: Jul-29-15 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Panthers say coach Ron Rivera plans to be at Wofford College on Thursday when players report to training camp, but could miss some practices following the death of his brother.
- Henderson aims for big role with NC State after transfer Updated: Jul-29-15 12:45 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Terry Henderson has seen transfers thrive before at North Carolina State. Now it's his turn.
- Beach wheelchairs make surf accessible in southeastern NC Updated: Jul-29-15 11:58 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - It's much easier now for people who have challenges walking to get to the surf in southeastern North Carolina.
- Missouri teen dies after being pulled from surf off NC beach Updated: Jul-29-15 11:41 am
EMERALD ISLE, North Carolina - A 16-year-old Missouri youth has drowned after being pulled from the surf off a North Carolina beach.
- Filming delayed again for Asheville "Dirty Dancing" remake Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A company that planned a television miniseries remake of the 1987 "Dirty Dancing" movie has returned North Carolina incentives, saying it won't be filming this year.