- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart has torn MCL Updated: Dec-09-13 4:26 pm
- Zeek property being auctioned in NC to raise money Updated: Dec-09-13 4:23 pm
- Emails: DHHS downplayed NC food stamp delays Updated: Dec-09-13 4:03 pm
- Bennett College closing dorm to save money Updated: Dec-09-13 10:22 am
- USDA seeks comments on rules for roadside zoos Updated: Dec-09-13 10:19 am
- Schools delayed in some NC counties Updated: Dec-09-13 9:28 am
- NC expands quarantine rules for fire ants Updated: Dec-09-13 4:04 am
- Cincinnati will face North Carolina in Belk Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 9:34 pm
- UCLA wins NCAA women's soccer title in overtime Updated: Dec-08-13 6:54 pm
- East Carolina wins 77-75 against Mount Olive Updated: Dec-08-13 5:14 pm
- Charlotte beats Appalachian St. 77-59 Updated: Dec-08-13 4:35 pm
- No. 12 South Carolina rolls past Charlotte 76-61 Updated: Dec-08-13 4:14 pm
- Beckley couple works on to-do list of W.Va. sites Updated: Dec-08-13 2:14 pm
- Onslow County to use solar panels at 3 landfills Updated: Dec-08-13 1:44 pm
- Scope of NC Medicaid overhaul proposal changes Updated: Dec-08-13 1:41 pm
- FSU rolls, OSU upset, Auburn heads to title game Updated: Dec-08-13 3:08 am
- Winston leads No. 1 FSU over No. 20 Duke 45-7 Updated: Dec-08-13 1:12 am
- No. 20 Duke routed 45-7 by No. 1 FSU for ACC title Updated: Dec-08-13 12:37 am
- Report: FSU and Fisher agree to new deal Updated: Dec-07-13 10:33 pm
- North Carolina beats UNC Greensboro 81-50 Updated: Dec-07-13 9:26 pm
- Johnson & Wales (NC) loses to Davidson 105-63 Updated: Dec-07-13 7:57 pm
- Price leads Radford over North Carolina A&T 72-52 Updated: Dec-07-13 6:52 pm
- Freezing rain expected in much of western NC Updated: Dec-07-13 5:09 pm
- Wake Forest rallies to beat Richmond 76-66 in OT Updated: Dec-07-13 5:08 pm
- Warren leads NC State over Long Beach State 76-66 Updated: Dec-07-13 4:44 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - An MRI shows Panthers' backup running back Jonathan Stewart tore the MCL in his right knee in Sunday night's 31-13 loss to New Orleans.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Items owned by a North Carolina company that bilked more than $600 million from investors in a Ponzi scheme are being auctioned to help a federal court-appointed receiver recoup some of the money.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Top officials at the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services for months blamed county officials for long delays in processing food stamp applications, though public records show a glitch with a state computer program was the cause.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A historically black college in Greensboro is closing one of its five dorms to save money.
CHEROKEE, North Carolina - The U.S. Department of Agriculture wants to hear from the public on a proposal to set new standards for the care and treatment of bears kept in roadside zoos.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The threat of bad weather has delayed the start of school in some north-central North Carolina counties.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina agriculture officials say Lincoln County and parts of Catawba County are now under state quarantine rules for the imported fire ant as efforts continue to monitor the spread and address control measures.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Cincinnati Bearcats will look to defend their Belk Bowl title Dec. 28 against North Carolina.
CARY, North Carolina - Kodi Lavrusky gave UCLA its first NCAA women's soccer title Sunday, scoring in the 97th minute to lift the Bruins past Florida State 1-0 in overtime in cold and rainy conditions.
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Akeem Richmond scored 16 points - 11 from the free throw line - to lead East Carolina to a 77-75 victory over Division II Mount Olive after a close contest on Sunday.
BOONE, North Carolina - Mike Thorne Jr. scored a career-high 26 points to lead Charlotte to a 77-59 victory over Appalachian State on Sunday.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Elem Ibiam scored 19 points and Aleighsa Welch added 18 to lead No. 12 South Carolina to its ninth straight win and a 76-61 victory over Charlotte on Sunday.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As the New Year approaches, it's not too soon to put together a list of stuff to accomplish and sites to see.
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - The Onslow County commissioners say three open and closed landfills soon will be home to 6,000 solar panels that will produce electricity to power 2,400 homes.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Several months ago, Gov. Pat McCrory's administration proposed a dramatic overhaul of what he's repeatedly called a "broken" Medicaid system - one beset annually by hundreds of millions of dollars in shortfalls.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The last steps to the BCS championship game summed up their seasons.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jameis Winston and No. 1 Florida State made it look easy again.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It's been a season of firsts for No. 20 Duke, and yet another one came in its first ACC championship game - when it shut out No. 1 Florida State.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Palm Beach Post is reporting that Florida State and coach Jimbo Fisher have agreed to new contract that will pay him about $4.1 million per year.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - James Michael McAdoo had 13 points to shake free of his recent struggles and help North Carolina beat UNC Greensboro 81-50 on Saturday night.
RADFORD, Virginia - R.J. Price made 6 of 7 3-pointers on Saturday and Radford took a big lead early, never looking back in a 72-52 victory over North Carolina A&T.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says freezing rain is expected in much of western North Carolina.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Codi Miller-McIntyre scored nine of his 26 points in overtime as Wake Forest rallied from a double-digit deficit in the second half to beat Richmond 76-66 on Saturday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - T.J. Warren scored 23 points to lead North Carolina State to a 76-66 victory over Long Beach State Saturday afternoon at PNC Arena.