- Burned, naked man dropped off at Sarasota hospital Updated: Nov-27-13 6:40 am
- Physicians group reports patient data leak Updated: Nov-26-13 10:17 am
- Sarasota man sentenced in 2012 DUI death Updated: Nov-26-13 6:25 am
- Program lets inmates read to their kids Updated: Nov-24-13 1:31 am
- Police: Katherine Harris' husband commits suicide Updated: Nov-19-13 9:19 pm
- Police: Katherine Harris' husband commits suicide Updated: Nov-19-13 11:22 am
- Funding short for buying new conservation lands Updated: Nov-18-13 10:40 am
- Man to sell ornament collection for his church Updated: Nov-14-13 3:55 am
- Pilot recalls swampy landing near Everglades park Updated: Nov-13-13 7:53 am
- Funeral home offers military truck for veterans Updated: Nov-12-13 8:02 am
- Manatee, Sarasota residents talk flood insurance Updated: Nov-09-13 3:04 am
SARASOTA, Florida - Authorities are trying to figure out why a naked man suffering from severe burns was dropped off at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
PORT CHARLOTTE, Florida - A physicians group with offices throughout Southwest Florida has notified 4,400 patients that their protected health information may have been breached.
SARASOTA, Florida - A judge sentenced a 24-year-old Sarasota man to 15 years in prison for killing a jogger while driving drunk.
SARASOTA, Florida - The elementary-aged sisters didn't seem thrilled to be in the library.
The husband of former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who became known nationally for her role in the contested 2000 presidential election, was found dead Tuesday of an apparent suicide at the couple's mansion, police said.
SARASOTA, Florida - Sarasota police say the husband of former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris was found dead of an apparent suicide at the couple's home.
SARASOTA, Florida - Much of the land that the state considered surplus conservation land that could be sold to raise money for the purchase other environmentally sensitive lands turned out to be worth conserving - leaving Florida with less money to spend on other land needed to protect natural resources.
SARASOTA, Florida - A longtime Christmas ornament collector whose collection dates back to 1860 will sell the ornaments as a way to return a favor to his church.
KEY WEST, Florida - A southwest Florida man says he was looking for a safe place to put down his plane when he made an emergency landing in a swampy area near Everglades National Park.
VENICE, Florida - A southwest Florida funeral home is offering an unusual assortment of antique vehicles in place of a hearse for a farewell ride to the cemetery.
SARASOTA, Florida - Alarmed and angered by soaring flood insurance rates, Manatee and Sarasota residents jammed a meeting held by U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan.