- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto Updated: May-01-16 6:54 pm
- Rays lose 5-1 to Blue Jays despite another strong start Updated: May-01-16 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Jake Odorizzi became the third straight Tampa Bay starter to limit Toronto to two hits or fewer.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 5:28 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 pm
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- Blue Jays recall RHP Tepera from Triple-A Updated: Apr-27-16 1:29 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays, who lead the majors with seven bullpen losses, shook up their relief corps Wednesday by recalling right-hander Ryan Tepera from Triple-A Buffalo and optioning ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte to the Bisons.
- DeRozan scores 34, Raptors rally for 3-2 lead over Pacers Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan finally turned in the All-Star effort Toronto has been waiting for in the playoffs.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- C Smith scratched before White Sox debut, placed on DL Updated: Apr-26-16 4:58 pm
TORONTO - Chicago White Sox catcher Kevan Smith thought he'd be making his major league debut in Toronto. Instead, he made his debut trip to the disabled list.
- Blue Jays recall INF Dominguez, demote RHP Hutchison Updated: Apr-26-16 2:22 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled infielder Matt Dominguez from Triple-A Buffalo and optioned right-hander Drew Hutchison back to the minor leagues.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Lingering back injury limits Mahinmi at Pacers' practice Updated: Apr-25-16 5:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers starting center Ian Mahinmi was limited to non-contact drills at practice Monday because of a lingering lower back injury.
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Updated: Apr-25-16 4:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel speaks in a polite whisper, as if he's worried talking too loudly might inadvertently attract the spotlight and well, he doesn't want that.
- Bautista hits 2-run HR as Blue Jays beat Athletics 6-3 Updated: Apr-24-16 5:30 pm
TORONTO - Toronto's potent offense pounded the ball nearly every time Drew Hutchison was pitching last season.
- Giovinco scores twice in Toronto's 2-0 victory over Montreal Updated: Apr-23-16 6:18 pm
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- Chris Colabello suspended 80 games for positive drug test Updated: Apr-22-16 6:47 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays first baseman Chris Colabello was suspended Friday for 80 games without pay after testing positive for the same anabolic steroid that caused Philadelphia pitcher Daniel Stumpf to be disciplined last week.
- Blue Jays sign OF Michael Bourn to minor league contract Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have signed free agent outfielder Michael Bourn to a minor league contract and will send him to extended spring training.