- 3 people dead after Toronto fire in seniors' building Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 pm
TORONTO - Police say three people are dead, and 15 others are hospitalized for various injuries following a fire at a seniors' building in Toronto.
- Blue Jays sign RHP Gavin Floyd to 1-year, $1M contract Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have signed right-hander Gavin Floyd to a one-year, $1 million dollar contract.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- NBA All-Star weekend: A primer on what to watch in Toronto Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
Hockey and Toronto are synonymous, with the sport's Hall of Fame being housed there and the Maple Leafs being one of the NHL's "Original Six" franchises. And sports like baseball, rugby, yachting and curling all have history in the city going back to the 19th century.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Raptors hold off Blazers for 110-103 victory Updated: Feb-05-16 11:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Kyle Lowry credited backcourt teammate DeMar DeRozan for Toronto's latest win.
- Parenteau's shootout goal gives Leafs 3-2 win over Devils Updated: Feb-05-16 12:08 am
TORONTO - Moments after his 1,000th NHL game - and 546th win - Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock laid out his long-range blueprint.
- Curry to defend 3-point title, big men in Skills Challenge Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry will defend his title in the 3-point contest, Zach LaVine will try for another dunk championship and some All-Star big men will compete for the Skills Challenge crown.
- Essentials: Toronto, from what's new to classic attractions Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
TORONTO - Grab your toque (what Canadians call a wool hat) and get your game face on if you're heading for the NBA All-Star Game in the 6ix -a term coined by rapper Drake, Toronto's unofficial ambassador, for his hometown.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Woe is Canada as its NHL teams struggle and its dollar drops Updated: Feb-03-16 2:12 am
- Blazers beat Bucks 107-95 for 5th straight win Updated: Feb-03-16 1:59 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - CJ McCollum is hardly surprised the Trail Blazers are having more success.
- Lowry, Raptors hold off Suns, spoil Watson's coaching debut Updated: Feb-03-16 12:46 am
- Parenteau scores in OT, Leafs come back to beat Bruins 4-3 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:44 pm
BOSTON - The Toronto Maple Leafs had plenty to celebrate Tuesday night.
- Maple Leafs pay tribute to past teams with new logo Updated: Feb-02-16 10:52 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs have unveiled a new logo for the first time in more than 45 years in anticipation of their centennial season.
- Clippers waiting on results of NBA's Griffin inquiry Updated: Feb-02-16 7:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers will decide whether Blake Griffin joins them for the team's upcoming road trip after the NBA announces the results of its investigation of the star forward's punching of an assistant equipment manager.
- Mets trade outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to Toronto Blue Jays Updated: Feb-02-16 3:13 pm
- Brad Evans leaves US camp because of tight right hamstring Updated: Feb-02-16 2:15 pm
CHICAGO - Defender Brad Evans has left the U.S. national team training camp to rejoin the Seattle Sounders after coming out of Sunday's 3-2 win over Iceland at halftime because of a tight right hamstring.
- Nuggets end Raptors' 11-game winning streak, 112-93 Updated: Feb-02-16 12:38 am
DENVER - The Toronto Raptors were ready for Danilo Gallinari. They didn't have an answer for Nikola Jokic.
- Drummond, Jackson help Pistons edge Nets 105-100 Updated: Feb-01-16 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Reggie Jackson was nearly on the bench, his coach believing he was being beaten by cramps.
- Green, Thompson picked, giving Warriors 3 NBA All-Stars Updated: Jan-29-16 1:50 am
NEW YORK - Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were picked Thursday for the Western Conference team, giving the NBA champion Golden State Warriors three All-Stars for the first time in 40 years.
- Sting to perform halftime show at NBA All-Star Game Updated: Jan-28-16 7:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Sting is trading "Fields of Gold" for a court of all-stars.
- Vasilevskiy makes 30 saves, Lightning beat Maple Leafs 1-0 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:27 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Andrei Vasilevskiy had an outstanding performance with his parents watching him live for the first time in an NHL game.
- Wolves' Wiggins and Towns, Knicks' Porzingis in Rising Stars Updated: Jan-27-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves will play on opposite teams in the Rising Stars Challenge at NBA All-Star weekend.
- Capitals' Richards has court date adjourned to Feb. 25 Updated: Jan-27-16 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals center Mike Richards will not appear in Manitoba Court on Thursday, as his trial on the charge of possession of a controlled substance has been adjourned to Feb. 25.