- Will Smith among NAACP Image Awards attendees and presenters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Will Smith doesn't plan to be at the Academy Awards, but he's scheduled to attend the NAACP Image Awards.
- Pasadena burglars shatter store door, snatch 90 smartphones Updated: Jan-24-16 3:54 pm
PASADENA, California - Pasadena police are searching for three burglars who shattered the glass front door of a store and snatched 90 smartphones.
- Jackie Robinson's widow says baseball lags on diversity Updated: Jan-19-16 9:47 pm
PASADENA, California - A roundup of news Monday from the Television Critics Association winter meeting, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs.
- Loretta Lynn: Feeling 'great' at 83, no reason to retire Updated: Jan-19-16 6:33 pm
PASADENA, California - Loretta Lynn's new record, her first studio album in more than a decade, likely won't be her last.
- Chicago brings Dick Wolf back to fore at NBC Updated: Jan-19-16 1:27 pm
PASADENA, California - With all the changes in television over the past few decades, Dick Wolf has remained resilient and is now resurgent.
- Buress calls impact of his Cosby joke 'weird,' unexpected Updated: Jan-17-16 9:59 pm
PASADENA, California - Hannibal Buress calls it a weird surprise that his Bill Cosby "rapist" joke precipitated the star's fall from grace.
- 'Making a Murderer' filmmakers say they expected backlash Updated: Jan-17-16 5:48 pm
PASADENA, California - The filmmakers behind Netflix's "Making a Murderer" documentary say they expected a backlash that would lead people in the media to demonize Steven Avery, the Wisconsin man whose prosecution in the 2005 death of a woman formed the centerpiece of the 10-part series issued last month.
- Netflix chief says 2016 will bring emphasis on family shows Updated: Jan-17-16 3:42 pm
PASADENA, California - Netflix says it will make a special effort to produce programming for children and families, with the streaming service offering 20 new programs in the category this year led by the Feb. 26 premiere of the "Fuller House" remake.
- Gooding said he didn't want to meet with O.J. Simpson Updated: Jan-16-16 10:19 pm
PASADENA, California - Actor Cuba Gooding, Jr., who portrays O.J. Simpson in FX's 10-part miniseries on the 1995 murder trial, said he didn't want to meet the former football star as part of his research for taking on the role.
- Maher: I want a presidential appearance for birthday Updated: Jan-15-16 5:48 pm
PASADENA, California - Bill Maher is hoping for a visit from President Barack Obama for his 60th birthday.
- 'Idol' stars sound unconvinced this will be last season Updated: Jan-15-16 5:02 pm
PASADENA, California - Fox is calling this the farewell season of "American Idol," but the stars involved with the singing contest sound unconvinced.
- A party or a talk show? Kardashian tries something new Updated: Jan-15-16 9:10 am
PASADENA, California - Say what you want about the Kardashians, they know how to take care of the family business.
- Steve Carell brings parody back to TV with 'Angie Tribeca' Updated: Jan-15-16 8:52 am
PASADENA, California - In the grandly silly tradition of "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun" comes TV police show parody "Angie Tribeca," which started as a husband and wife's private joke.