- State senator released from Jackson hospital Updated: Apr-16-14 8:52 am
- Heavy rains in north-central, central south Miss. Updated: Apr-15-14 12:58 pm
- EMSH to break ground on $14M project Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- Silver Airways bailout prompts airport partnership Updated: Apr-14-14 4:43 pm
- Silver Airways leaving Miss. airports Updated: Apr-10-14 1:25 pm
- Regulators raid 3 Lauderdale Co. businesses Updated: Apr-08-14 9:19 am
- Rail authority works to reopen line south to coast Updated: Apr-08-14 4:04 am
- Graduate test to be offered in Meridian Updated: Apr-03-14 4:32 am
- Meridian mayor suspends police chief Updated: Apr-01-14 4:48 pm
- Church pursuing charter school approval Updated: Mar-27-14 4:51 pm
- Federal school report highlights Miss. disparities Updated: Mar-21-14 6:16 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Sen. Videt Carmichael is back home in Meridian after being hospitalized in Jackson since March 31 with a head injury.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Upward of five inches of rain fell overnight Tuesday in areas of north-central, central and south Mississippi, raising concerns of more moderate flooding along rivers and tributaries.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - A groundbreaking, a building dedication, and the closing of three buildings will mark progress later this week at the East Mississippi State Hospital.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Leaders of airports in Meridian and Hattiesburg-Laurel are working with a consultant who specializes in smaller airport service to make presentations to the larger commercial airlines.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Regional carrier Silver Airways is pulling out of four airports in Mississippi - Greenville, Hattiesburg, Meridian and Tupelo - and Muscle Shoals, Alabama
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - State and federal agencies served search warrants Monday at three Lauderdale County businesses where they say illegal gambling was taking place.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Reconnecting Meridian and points south to the Gulf Coast through rail freight service is the goal of the Rail Authority of East Mississippi, a group dedicated to getting more than 50 miles of track built between Waynesboro and Lucedale.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Mississippi State University-Meridian will offer a seminar Saturday on the Graduate Record Examination, a test known as the GRE and which is mandatory for anyone planning to pursue a degree beyond a bachelor's.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Meridian Police Chief James Lee has been suspended, without pay, for five days over an incident that was reported Dec. 31, 2013, at a leadership meeting.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Meridian Public School District has cut ties with an afterschool program at Freedom Rock Christian Fellowship Church because of the church's application to open a charter school in the city.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Black students in Mississippi are much more likely to be taught by rookie teachers, and black males are suspended at the second-highest rates in the country.