- Spokane police shoot and wound man Updated: Oct-12-15 11:12 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A man is expected to survive after three Spokane police officers fired at him after responding to a domestic violence dispute.
- Spending increases on historic preservation in Spokane Updated: Oct-11-15 11:30 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Spending on historic preservation in Spokane is on the rise.
- Former chief files $4M claim against Spokane Updated: Oct-09-15 12:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Former Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub has filed a $4 million claim against the city, contending that due process was violated in his termination.
- Equipment malfunction causes explosion at Washington dam Updated: Oct-09-15 12:33 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An electrical equipment malfunction caused an explosion at a hydroelectric dam on Washington's Columbia River that injured six workers, utility officials said Friday.
- Glitches as new community college computer system rolled out Updated: Oct-08-15 11:07 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A $100 million computer system designed to improve record keeping at Washington's community colleges has run into problems and is more than a year behind schedule.
- Spokane man accused of impersonating a police officer Updated: Oct-07-15 11:21 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A 31-year-old Spokane man is accused of flashing a fake police badge, claiming to be an officer and trying to force his way into a woman's apartment.
- ACLU lawsuit: County jails people who can't pay court fines Updated: Oct-06-15 6:08 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The American Civil Liberties Union sued a county in Washington state Tuesday, accusing it of sending people to jail or forcing them to toil on work crews if they fail to pay their court fines - a practice that makes the poor poorer and amounts to a "modern-day debtors' prison," the organization said.
- Man accused of assaulting victim, stealing his pants Updated: Oct-03-15 3:09 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A man hoping to connect with a woman he met at a concert told police he was visited instead by thee people who assaulted him and stole his pants, keys, phone and cash.
- Marijuana growers sentenced to federal prison Updated: Oct-02-15 7:26 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The three remaining defendants in the case of the so-called Kettle Falls Five were sentenced to federal prison on Friday for growing marijuana in a state where both the medical and recreational use of marijuana are legal under Washington laws.
- Pilot killed in small plane crash near Spokane Updated: Oct-02-15 6:22 pm
DEER PARK, Washington - The pilot of a small plane has died after the plane he was flying crashed near Spokane.
- August was smokiest month in Spokane history Updated: Oct-01-15 3:50 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - August was the smokiest month in Spokane since monitoring for smoke particles began in 1999.
- Woman relieved by fugitive's arrest in Mexico decades later Updated: Sep-30-15 7:26 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An Idaho woman expressed relief Wednesday that a fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two women in suburban Portland, Oregon, nearly a quarter century ago has been arrested at a hotel in Mexico.
- Grain Handling Facility added to Superfund list Updated: Sep-29-15 11:50 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has added a grain handling facility in Spokane County to the national Superfund list.
- Stevens County deputies: Man kills half-brother with arrow Updated: Sep-29-15 10:52 am
ADDY, Washington - Deputies in Steven County say a 50-year-old man shot and killed his half-brother with an arrow.
- McMorris Rodgers won't run for House majority leader Updated: Sep-29-15 12:11 am
SEATTLE - U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Spokane ended speculation Monday, saying in a statement she won't join the race for House majority leader.
- Man behind oil patch murder-for-hire plot pleads guilty Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A North Dakota man faces four decades in prison after pleading guilty to having a hit man kill two of his business associates - one who was bludgeoned to death at a truck shop and another who was shot at his upscale home while his wife hid in a closet.
- Advocate says regulation may be needed in service dog laws Updated: Sep-28-15 11:42 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Human rights advocates in Washington and Idaho say people may be trying to pass pets off as service animals.
- University of Idaho reviews student alcohol use Updated: Sep-26-15 5:58 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Officials with the University of Idaho say they want to implement strategies to reduce underage drinking and alcohol abuse among students.
- Review: Officers did not violate policies in killing Updated: Sep-23-15 7:44 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Police officers did not violate policies and procedures when they shot an orchard worker to death in Washington state as he threw rocks at them in Pasco, according to an independent review released Wednesday.
- Spokane chosen as host for skating event Updated: Sep-23-15 4:36 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Spokane has been chosen to host an international figure skating competition called the Team Challenge Cup.
- Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub resigns amid complaints Updated: Sep-22-15 9:11 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub has resigned after not quite three years on the job.
- Washington St searches for consistency as Pac-12 play looms Updated: Sep-22-15 2:31 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Washington State is about where many fans expected it to be after completing its non-conference schedule, at 2-1 and clearly needing to do some work.
- WSU student hospitalized after fall from fire escape Updated: Sep-21-15 11:01 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A Washington State University student was taken to the hospital in critical condition after falling from a third-floor fire escape of a fraternity house Saturday night.
- 4 brush fires spark overnight in Spokane Valley Updated: Sep-21-15 10:49 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Four brush fires sparked overnight in Spokane Valley but didn't do a lot of damage.
- Arrest made in fatal crash that killed Spokane man, 2 kids Updated: Sep-19-15 5:01 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Idaho State Police say they have arrested an Idaho driver who caused a fatal head-on crash while traveling in the wrong lane, killing a Washington man and his two young daughters.