- 2 men killed in separate encounters with trains in Ohio Updated: Feb-04-16 3:40 pm
CANTON, Ohio - Police say two men have been killed in separate encounters with trains in northeast Ohio this week.
- Build a better weather network? New York takes the dare Updated: Jan-17-16 10:57 am
ALBANY, New York - Counting every raindrop or measuring every gust of wind is impossible, but New York is getting closer with a uniquely extensive statewide system of automated weather stations that should paint a dramatically clearer picture of developing storms.
- Car frozen in NY restaurant's lakeside lot finally freed Updated: Jan-14-16 7:04 am
HAMBURG, New York - A western New York man's car has finally been freed from a lakeside parking lot where the vehicle was stuck for three days after becoming encased in ice several inches thick.
- Spat over Lake Erie sediment dumping far from being settled Updated: Jan-12-16 1:58 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A long-running battle over dumping sediment dredged from Cleveland's harbor into Lake Erie still doesn't seem settled even after Congress weighed in on the debate.
- Lake-effect snow storms hitting parts of upstate New York Updated: Jan-11-16 8:32 am
BUFFALO, New York - The weather is causing travel problems in western New York at the start of what forecasters say will be a three-day onslaught of lake-effect storms expected to dump about two feet of snow by mid-week.
- State tells southwest Ohio water plants to reduce phosphorus Updated: Jan-10-16 1:05 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Two large wastewater plants in southwestern Ohio are being ordered to reduce how much phosphorus is released into a tributary of the Ohio River, the same kind of restrictions placed on wastewater plants along Lake Erie.