- Bill allows sale of 2nd Ohio prison to private operator Updated: Jul-01-15 4:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state can sell a central Ohio prison to a private company under a bill on the way to Gov. John Kasich, creating the second privately owned and operated correctional institution in the state.
- Recent wet weather may bring more Lake Erie algae Updated: Jun-27-15 12:31 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Heavy rains that have fallen across northern Ohio in recent weeks are washing more phosphorus into the rivers that flow into Lake Erie.
- Boy, 10, drowns while swimming at Michigan state park Updated: Jun-19-15 8:16 pm
FRENCHTOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 10-year-old southeastern Michigan boy has drowned while swimming in Lake Erie.
- Swimming advisories posted at Lake Erie beaches after rain Updated: Jun-17-15 4:06 am
CLEVELAND - Heavy rain overwhelmed the sewer system in northeast Ohio this week, discharging raw sewage into Lake Erie and leading to water advisories at a number of beaches.
- Hispanics accuse border patrol agents of profiling in Ohio Updated: Jun-16-15 3:08 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - U.S. Border Patrol agents who watch over northern Ohio not far from the Canadian border routinely engaged in racial profiling to roundup Hispanics and often used racially offensive terms to describe them, an attorney told a federal judge Tuesday.
- Coast Guard says 4 rescued after boat capsizes on Lake Erie Updated: Jun-13-15 12:06 pm
CLEVELAND - Four people were pulled uninjured from Lake Erie after their boat capsized near Kelley's Island in Ohio.
- States agree to cut pollutants behind Lake Erie algae Updated: Jun-12-15 5:22 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio and Michigan have agreed to sharply reduce phosphorus runoff blamed for a rash of harmful algae blooms on Lake Erie that have contaminated drinking water supplies and contributed to oxygen-deprived dead zones where fish can't survive.
- Man's body found in Ohio after Lake Erie boating accident Updated: Jun-06-15 12:05 pm
MARBLEHEAD, Ohio - Authorities in Ohio say they have discovered the body of a man who died after falling off a sailboat in Lake Erie near Marblehead.