- NY Canal System moves up opening day of boating season Updated: Apr-25-16 12:39 am
ALBANY, New York - The New York State Canal System is opening four days earlier than originally scheduled.
- 3 northwest Ohio farms to showcase conservation practices Updated: Apr-23-16 11:20 am
FINDLAY, Ohio - Three farms in northwestern Ohio are being turned into demonstration sites to show farmers how to reduce fertilizer runoff that feeds the harmful algae in Lake Erie.
- Fish hatchery hit with flood-borne 'rock snot' to reopen Updated: Apr-23-16 10:21 am
BETHEL, Vermont - Almost five years after raging flood waters heavily damaged the White River National Fish Hatchery in the Vermont town of Bethel, contaminating tens of thousands of surviving trout and salmon with an invasive algae known as rock snot, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is ready to start raising fish there again.
- Presque Isle an academic draw for Gannon students Updated: Apr-10-16 1:08 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Presque Isle State Park, recently named Best Freshwater Beach in the national USA Today 10 Best Readers' Choice contest, has long been a draw for tourists looking for the perfect place to swim and sunbathe.
- Free workshops planned on fisheries in large Michigan waters Updated: Apr-04-16 9:12 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A series of free public workshops is planned this month to provide information from research about fisheries in Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair.
- Lee scores in 3rd period to lift Islanders over Jackets 4-3 Updated: Mar-31-16 10:34 pm
NEW YORK - As the regular season approaches its end, the New York Islanders are nearing a return to the postseason.