- Michigan: progress made to reduce phosphorus in Lake Erie Updated: Oct-03-15 10:56 am
MONROE, Michigan - Efforts in Michigan to cut down on the pollutants feeding algae in Lake Erie have been showing signs of success, state officials say.
- Cities bear rising cost of keeping water safe to drink Updated: Sep-26-15 10:30 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Standing at the edge of the Great Lakes, the world's largest surface source of fresh water, this city of 280,000 seems immune from the water-supply problems that bedevil other parts of the country. But even here, the promise of an endless tap can be a mirage.
- Officials say sea lamprey numbers down across Great Lakes Updated: Sep-23-15 4:11 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Populations of invasive, fish-killing sea lampreys have fallen to their lowest point in decades across the Great Lakes, showing that control measures costing millions of dollars a year are paying off, officials said Wednesday.
- Officials worry Asian carp could spread into Lake Monroe Updated: Sep-23-15 2:29 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - State wildlife officials are worried that fishermen using juvenile Asian carp as bait could spread the invasive species into Indiana's largest reservoir.
- Authorities: Fisherman found floating in Lake Erie, dies Updated: Sep-23-15 8:40 am
MONROE, Michigan - Authorities say a fisherman pulled from Lake Erie off of southeastern Michigan has died.
- Lake Erie's Port of Monroe getting $3M for improvements Updated: Sep-22-15 12:01 pm
MONROE, Michigan - State officials have announced approval of a loan for improving access and activity at the Port of Monroe on Lake Erie.
- University gets $3M grant for Detroit River algae study Updated: Sep-16-15 10:34 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan researchers have been awarded $3 million to study how the Detroit River contributes to algae blooms plaguing Lake Erie.
- Forum to focus on Lake Erie water quality Updated: Sep-14-15 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - As efforts continue to develop Buffalo's waterfront, a county lawmaker says it's time to look at the water quality of Lake Erie.